>bring car to mechanic for emissions bullshit. >leave it there for a week cause they have to order the part

>bring car to mechanic for emissions bullshit
>leave it there for a week cause they have to order the part
>got it back yesterday
>dashcam unplugged
>crumbs in the seats
>+158 miles on the odometer
>0 miles since DTCs cleared
>gas tank at 1%
>all my shit I had in the trunk is pressed up against the rear of the car (signs they launched my car)

FRICK this must be what it feels like to be raped. They fricking raped my car and theres nothing I can do about it

Beware Cat Shirt $21.68

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

Beware Cat Shirt $21.68

1. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

Im not even joking or exaggerating. this literally fricking happened. I got a bad feeling about dropping it off when I learned my tech had a last name of hernandez, I should have just listened to my gut

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

>hernandez
      There's your problem. Don't do business with non-Whites.

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

that was my intention with going to BMW for this. I knew they would rape my wallet but I figured they would have quality men working there. boy oh boy was I wrong... I guess this is what I get for living in LA

• 1 week ago
          Anonymous

>own a BMW
          >hasn't found a reliable independent BMW shop
          I hope you're at least smart enough to lube up your butthole before you take your car in for service

• 6 days ago
        Anonymous

This.
        Even then, the days of high trust society are over, I hope that you enjoyed it while it lasted

2. 1 week ago
    Greased Geese

dump puss jugs in their toolboxes during lunch

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

it was a bmw service center and I never actually saw the tech. theres simply too many people it could be.

come to think of it, they raped my wallet as well. $1150 for a fricking sensor. I googled the part and its $280 OEM or $100 off alibaba.

• 1 week ago
        Greased Geese

just pour piss on stuff till you run out of piss

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

>googled the part
        OK and why didn't you
        >add to cart
        >buy
        >wait 3 days
        >unscrew two screws holding it
        >unhook the wire
        >throw the old one in the river
        >screw new one in
        >hook wire back up
        >????
        Sounds like you paid the moron tax.

• 1 week ago
          Anonymous

they didnt tell me what part they wanted to change until after it was done

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

That's when you refuse to pay, you didn't agree to the repair

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

Then they would keep his car and lien hold it until he paid

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

Yeah plus they'd really do some bad shit. All the shit that happened was on "good terms", just imagine what they'd do if they had a reason to not like you.
            Car mechanics are one step above McDonald's employees, literally highschool dropouts who couldn't hack it at any sort of intellectual pursuit so they take the only job that doesn't require brains.

>own a BMW
            >hasn't found a reliable independent BMW shop
            I hope you're at least smart enough to lube up your butthole before you take your car in for service

I found an Indy shop that I liked for a while until one day they returned my car covered to the brim in tree sap.

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

>Beamer gay is moronic and goes broke

Yeah

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

Skill issue. Learn to wrench gaygit

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

Im not even joking or exaggerating. this literally fricking happened. I got a bad feeling about dropping it off when I learned my tech had a last name of hernandez, I should have just listened to my gut

You might be surprised to learn that some dealerships will sub out work to local shops if it's not stuff a "master mechanic" needs to do. This includes body work, emissions, oil changes, alignments, etc.

I bought a Samsung Smart Tag and hid it inside my vehicle for the odd time I do need to take it in for service I can't do myself. Apple Airtags work very well too. I was able to keep track of my vehicle and saw its position in real time , and it logs the location for the previous 7 days too. It shows you on a map exactly where the tag has gone.

Always take a photo of your odometer when you drop the vehicle off, and always take out any valuables or stuff you don't want to replace.

I had a dash cam in my car years ago and zip tied the 12V plug and the connector cord and marked the zip ties so I'd know if they were cut to unplug it. Instead I found the microSD card port was all scratched up like someone was trying to fish the card out to stop it from storing any recordings, but there was a trick to getting it out and they never figured it out.

Seriously just get a tracking tag for it, best $25 I've spent in a long time and it'll help if your car ever gets stolen. People have used them to track their vehicles down and recover them.

• 1 week ago
          Anonymous

>it'll help if your car ever gets stolen
          Not anymore. Apple and Google have both pussied the frick out. The fact that it COULD be used to stalk someone was justification enough that now, if there is a tag that's moving with you and the owner's device isn't also in range, it'll give you a notification and you can tap to disable the tracker. All a thief has to do is get far enough away from you that your phone can't connect to the tracker over bluetooth and they can turn it off without even having to locate it.

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

The great thing about the system is that it doesn't rely on a single phone, it relies on many phones and tablets that are part of the network. So rather than ping a single phone for 100% of its geolocating, it pings any/all nearby devices that are part of the network. I've used mine for quite a while now and it's always gotten a signal. The only time it wouldn't work is if the tag is taken some place where no one is part of the network, or if its dumped in an area with no cell service.

If you're really concerned you can get a hardwired GPS device and hide it somewhere in the car too.

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

brother you exist to get fleeced lol. Someone has to do it. Not me but someone.

3. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

Wrenchlets DO NOT deserve to own cars. This is simply the price you pay for being inept and lazy.

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

funny, us computer guys say the same thing about you tech illiterates. if you cant program then close your browser immediately, you dont deserve this site

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

>us computer guys
        Learn to wrench idiot.
        Also you are using a system I designed to post here.
        >t. Computer engineer

• 1 week ago
          Anonymous

if your TC is 5 digits or starts with a 1 then GTFO my thread

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

>he seriously thinks even the most entry-level code monkey makes less than 200k nowadays
            >he thinks he should brag about his monumentally middling salary
            you're such an embarrassment

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

Small penis syndrome.
            Many such cases.

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

op is a moron but in what reality do most fresh grads/young professionals have >200k TC in that field

• 6 days ago
            Anonymous

Strange form of cope but I accept your butthurt

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

[...]
        It's almost like morons are fricking everywhere, making no attempt to understand any of the things they use every day, and all of them deserve to be forcibly reduced back to the stone age.

not even programming, it's the learned helplessness people have. they don't even remotely try to think about what could be causing the problem in the first place. some of it is the result of bureaucracy and manglement but other times people just don't make an effort.

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

I posted that and I’m a network engineer. It’s possible to have a job and not spend every minute off the clock gooning to underage anime girls and playing video games. You can actually use this time to learn about things that interest you instead of wasting a life being useless and moronic

• 1 week ago
          Anonymous

When you're done stroking yourself maybe you can realize that some problems are too vague/complex to be solved on your own. I posted about this emissions issue here before and it stumped everyone.

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

Cope - stop whining about strangers here not doing your homework, research it yourself and figure it out like a big boy instead of begging 25/hr hispanics at stealership to do it for you

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

funny, us computer guys say the same thing about you tech illiterates. if you cant program then close your browser immediately, you dont deserve this site

It's almost like morons are fricking everywhere, making no attempt to understand any of the things they use every day, and all of them deserve to be forcibly reduced back to the stone age.

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

or... car companies have been purposely making their cars difficult to repair by requiring expensive machines just to check the internals? If you think your shitty $150 OBD reader can get all the same info that a BMW service center could, then you're dumber than I thought.

• 1 week ago
          Anonymous

Thanks for proving my point.

• 1 week ago
          Anonymous

all you need is the diagnostic wire, you can download the dealer software for free

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

fricking moron we don't live in the 1700s where everyone can become knowledgeable about everything. There's too much information and the depth we've reached is too complicated for the average person to just read about it and jump in. Specialization is absolutely necessary in our age. How fricking dumb are you?

• 1 week ago
          Anonymous

that dude probably changed his oil once on his 90s shitbox and got that overinflated ego.
          >hurrr I can do anything by myself for free

4. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

Is it a newer BMW with Connected Drive? It'll show previous trips and where it's been including MPG, average speed and distance on a map. Select car, My Trips,

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

I dont think my car has that. its a 2015

5. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

honestly if you have proof that they drove 160 miles you could try hitting them with the "ahem what the frick?"
    but then they would probably just say that you drove them since you left without saying shit.

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

I asked them to do a drive cycle, they said they did a couple

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

next time tell them to keep dashcam on.

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

Why would you ask them to do a drive cycle, and why would you complain that Hernandez did the drive cycle?

• 1 week ago
          Anonymous

1 of the emissions monitors wasnt passing after 800 miles driven and they said maybe I did it wrong, which was plausible so I figured I'd let the tech do it. it still didnt pass so they suggested replacing some sensor cause "more than likely that is the problem". I asked for my old part back and it still looks brand new, so Im pretty sure that wasnt the issue

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

Well the mechanic had to do a proper drive cycle cause you were driving it wrong. You could have avoided this whole situation by just hooning around yourself, and not paying Latinos to do it for you.

Ive had my used bmw for a year and a half now, and ive never had to take it to a shop cause I hoon it properly and ignore the idiot lights

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

I googled the drive cycle and did it myself multiple times. I figured it was a possibility that I did it wrong, but that was only out of despiration.

And I didn't know it was beans working on my car until after the fact.
            >A year and a half
            Buddy you're just getting started. You're lucky you don't live in an emissions state

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

It isnt luck that I chose not to move when my state dropped emissions. Or that I registered cars to my moms house before that

6. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

>has BMW
    >leaves loose shit in trunk because too cheap for an organizer
    >drives so slowly it stays where it's put
    Just get a fricking Camry so we know to avoid your slow ass.

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

I do have an organizer, dummy. the entire fricking organizer slid back. I have never had that happen before

7. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

They have to drive it for emissions control.

moron

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

158 miles?

8. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

lol 158 miles is nothing. Probably just a short joyride.
    A mechanic took my fricking van for a 5000km(3107 miles) trip to France. I made a post about it a while a back. Frick mechanics, most of them are just plain criminals.

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

>A mechanic took my fricking van for a 5000km(3107 miles) trip to France
      holy frick lmao

9. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

Remove all junk from your car before you take car to the mechanic idiot. If you leave too much junk into your car then mechanic probably refuses to work with your car or charges slightly more money from you for labor cost of temporary moving the junk away in order to work with your car, then after work put your junk back into your car. Stop crying if the mechanic drives your car because sometimes in order to get issues & root cause of issues to appear it first requires driving the car for 30-45minutes. Then after repair the car needs to be driven again to verify that the issue & cause of issue are properly repaired.

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

>30-45 minutes
      Big brain moment on this one. It was driven 158 miles. Try doing some math before you make an ass of yourself

Also the car was clean as frick when I dropped it off. That's why I immediately noticed the mess they made

10. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

>work at Audi dealer
    >clean up department is staffed by Colombian undocumented immigrants
    >rotated out on a regular basis
    >only ones who can speak english are the big boss and his brother
    >its actually a separate company contracted by the dealership

these mofos would launch some butthole's brand new rs7 in the crowded parking lot, regularly do damage to people's cars and bully them into accepting it anyway. not to mention if you bought a car there, the lot boy smoked half a pack of reds in it after a Black person fricked one of the office girls in the backseat, but before you pick it up.

only ever go to a dealership for recalls, insist on waiting for your car in person and do not let them wash it after completing the recall.

11. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

>mechanic BVLLS gave a car the pussy thrashing it desperately wanted but never got
    This is a bad thing? You should take the car to them regularly!

12. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

>drive electric
    >no emission test
    >mechanics comes to your drive way to work on your car
    >100% charge everyday because its plugged into my outlet

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

>100% charge everyday because its plugged into my outlet

Unless those are LFP or lead battery cells, your degrading them significantly faster than keeping it between 20%-80%

13. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

while were on the topic, does anyone have any recs for inexpensive rear and front view dash cams?
    considering a GKU model

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

No, frick off

14. 1 week ago
    Lillitts9

>not fixing it yourself
    Lmao thats what you get

15. 6 days ago
    Anonymous

I send my car to a local independent mechanic that I trust so I don't have such issues.

16. 6 days ago
    Anonymous

hahahahaha wrenchlet
    I dont allow anyone to touch my car unless for inspection and only if im allowed to stand right there.

• 6 days ago
      Anonymous

haha you enjoy watching

• 6 days ago
        Anonymous

Wtf am i going to do do the inspection myself

17. 6 days ago
    Anonymous

they use your car for lunch and parts runs, its basic knowledge

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *