Bros...this looks pretty decent. 275 hp is on the low side but you can get em at MSRP. Manual. Normal ebrake. Awd.

Bros...this looks pretty decent. 275 hp is on the low side but you can get em at MSRP. Manual. Normal ebrake. Awd.
Bros...

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

UFOs Are A Psyop Shirt $21.68

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Awd is gay

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>boxer
    no chance

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>savagegeese

Get a fricking ad Black person

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Only car reviewers I like. Perfect for a millennial boomer like myself.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Yeah we can tell, because once he makes a video about a car you vomit your opinion about it 24/7 and it just happens to be whatever his is

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>Only car reviewers I like
        I prefer Doug's brand of DAtism

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Doug is the reddit of car channels, how can anyone stand to watch him?

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

It weighs more than my FWD Crossover

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Anons here will hate but I love mine, except for the dogshit awful shifter. I challenge anons to name a better buy for $30k. An ecoboom Mustang? No I don’t want a Miata or BRZ/86, I like actually having a back seat. No I don’t want a used car that’s been dogged/modded/farted in 6,000,000 times.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I've heard the Subaru transmissions feels like dragging a stick through gravel

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

The newer ones arent good, but that's not an accurate description unless someone put sand in it.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Idk if that’s how I’d describe it, it just feels like a shitty, rubbery linkage that’s poorly designed. 1-2 shifts do almost feel gravelly but 2-3 and 3-4 aren’t bad. I traded a clapped out 8th gen Si and the shifter is the one thing I really miss.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

My fk8 will feel bad doing 1-2 sometimes. It's so inconsistent. Goes away when it warms up at least. Is what it is.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

If you disable hill assist, it helps with 1/R

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

come home white man
      to the Challenger GT AWD

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>Challenger GT AWD
        Sorry, I never learned how to drive an automatic.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I've been saying this for a while, it's really the only option out there for an affordable sporty sedan that isn't FWD.

People will hate me for saying this but I do wish there was a decent non-manual option, though. The CVT is garbage and I think a DCT or even one of the modern 8-10 speed autos with paddles could make it a really good all-season daily driver. I can drive stick, in fact I had nothing but manual cars for the first 18 years of my driving "career," but I'm past the point where I can put up with stop and go commuting with a Subaru clutch and the extra ratios from a good auto might help with the dogshit fuel economy the manuals get too.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>I do wish there was a decent non-manual option,
        kek, what a homosexual. Id kill myself If I was you.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Just get a Prius if you don't like driving. Or do what

>I do wish there was a decent non-manual option,
        kek, what a homosexual. Id kill myself If I was you.

said.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>$30k
      If you're willing to shop around, you should be able to find a dealership selling base models even lower than that. I was able to pick up a 23 for $28k last month. These cars really aren't selling well.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>These cars really aren't selling well.
        In 2023 sold over 20k, that is the second highest WRX sales year ever.

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>watches savagegeese
    >youtube app with ads
    >vertical video

opinion discarded

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

What's a TR?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

TRack edition. It's just the wrx with brembos, recaros, a stiffer suspension and different dampers and no moonroof.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Tuner Ready apparently. Used to be a stripped down version of the wrx, no radio, no foglights, no spoiler. Now though it's more or less STI lite

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I'm no Subaru/WRX fanboy, but I did own a '21 for about 2 years. They're fun cars for the price, but you'll get walked by a V6 Camry/Accord or any other modern midsize non-base engine car. From what I've seen the 2.4 is somehow slower than the 2.0? The only redeemable quality is the resale value, I got what I paid for it when I traded it in.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

It's not slower, it's quicker. The new WRXs are as fast as older STis and the 2.4s specifically will make 350-400whp with under $2000 in mods

I've been saying this for a while, it's really the only option out there for an affordable sporty sedan that isn't FWD.

People will hate me for saying this but I do wish there was a decent non-manual option, though. The CVT is garbage and I think a DCT or even one of the modern 8-10 speed autos with paddles could make it a really good all-season daily driver. I can drive stick, in fact I had nothing but manual cars for the first 18 years of my driving "career," but I'm past the point where I can put up with stop and go commuting with a Subaru clutch and the extra ratios from a good auto might help with the dogshit fuel economy the manuals get too.

Yeah pretty much, it's in its own little niche. There hasn't been too many cars like it (manual AWD sports sedan at/under $30,000) throughout history and it's why the WRXs always sold well in snow states as a one car solution (winter daily and fun sports car). The only car like it historically were DSMs which didn't sell nearly as well as WRXs because they didn't have four doors but cost roughly the same new when adjusted for inflation.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

I remember seeing early reviews having them slower in 0-60 and 1/4 mile times. Car&Driver's review says slower 0-60 because of the required 2-3 shift but faster 1/4 mile time. Albeit by only 0.1 second. I'm sure the numbers are all over the place depending on who was reviewing them.

I agree the 2.4 is definitely a better platform to modify though. The 2.0 was pretty much at it's limit in stock form. I've also heard you start running into issues with the transmissions once you get past 400hp.

https://i.imgur.com/sbg64Qr.jpg

Why get that over a Moostang Egobukkake?

The only pleasure from cars (besides looks, which the WRX loses to every other possible car automatically) comes from 1) donuts/burnouts and 2) the braps.

WRX w/UEL headers may have better braps than Moostang Egoboost, but Moostang is an affordable daily you can slide and donut. That's the only point of a car. Only autistic nerds care about actual "raysin" and stupid shit on tracks.

I'm just an everyman who wants to go out and have fun in my car whenever I feel like it, not pretend to be a Rally driver or Formula1 Eurodaddysmoneygay

Why does anyone buy ANY "entry level sporty" car besides Mustang? It should be the automatic default answer

(frick manuals I refuse to learn that dying craft)

2 doors vs 4, AWD vs RWD, there are a lot of reasons to go with the WRX over the BRZ/86/Mustang/Camaro. It's a much more practical car. If you already have a daily driver and want a weekend sports car, yes the one of those options could be better. But why not go for a Miata if you want something you can only use half the year anyway?

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>will make Xhp with Y mods

Isn't an argument. A Mustang Gt will make 700-750hp with a supercharger. So for 30k it absolutely walks the wrx.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

But you can't buy a Mustang GT for $30,000 (maybe 15 years ago) and you don't want to drive a Mustang GT in 3 inches of snow

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>and you don't want to drive a Mustang GT in 3 inches of snow

Honestly I didn't want to drive the WRX in the snow. 3 inches here might be 6 inches over there, and over time gets deeper

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Comparing a brand new car with a tune and maybe minor exhaust modifications to a high mile used car with extensive engine modifications is pretty moronic

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Why get that over a Moostang Egobukkake?

The only pleasure from cars (besides looks, which the WRX loses to every other possible car automatically) comes from 1) donuts/burnouts and 2) the braps.

WRX w/UEL headers may have better braps than Moostang Egoboost, but Moostang is an affordable daily you can slide and donut. That's the only point of a car. Only autistic nerds care about actual "raysin" and stupid shit on tracks.

I'm just an everyman who wants to go out and have fun in my car whenever I feel like it, not pretend to be a Rally driver or Formula1 Eurodaddysmoneygay

Why does anyone buy ANY "entry level sporty" car besides Mustang? It should be the automatic default answer

(frick manuals I refuse to learn that dying craft)

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Ecoboost Mustang isn't very fun because of the engine + size. It feels like a physically bigger car and the engine revs like a diesel.

And unironically, Ecoboost Mustangs are about as reliable and fragile as a older WRX. The new ones are actually pretty overbuilt so you can do 400whp for a lot less than a Ecoboost. And 4WD means it's fun in the winter/rain

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>he's never driven in snow
      Sad.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

4doors.

10. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>42k for a downgrade from an 06 STI in every way
    >anyone spinning this positively

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Look up how much a 2006 STI would go for in 2023 money, it makes the 2022 look like a bargain. Having a engine that can handle 400whp with $2000 in mods is a big plus

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

If you told me in 2006 that the STI would gain like 4 HP and 500 lbs over 20 years I'd tell you to frick off, but here we are. And yet... the competition is even gayer. If you want an EJ you can get a ~20-21 STI for roughly the same price as a new VB. TR has better brakes, but gets closer to Golf R money. This is the world of AWD.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

A MK8 Golf R mogs the frick out of any STi short of a 22B, VW really fixed the understeering on them and made them drive nice. Even the Mk7s weren't bad with the latest Haldex at the time.

TR is fricking overpriced as hell, Subaru should just get off their ass and make a Type RA with locking diffs for the same money but I think Toyota won't let them get close to the GR Corolla in performance.

For what it's worth the newer STis unironically handle better than the older ones. They have way better steering racks from 2015+ and weigh nearly the same but have much stiffer bodies. They also fit more tire and got six piston calipers after 2017. And 2019 they got the RA short blocks so they can take around 350-380whp without blowing up (the older STis had trouble around this power level with breaking ringlands...iirc Subaru changed the pistons slightly and probably went wider on clearances).

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>And 2019 they got the RA short blocks so they can take around 350-380whp without blowing up (the older STis had trouble around this power level with breaking ringlands...iirc Subaru changed the pistons slightly and probably went wider on clearances).
          I will always love Subaru and the EJ especially but these things have never seemed reliable to me. One anecdote doesn't make data but it was hilarious that the Savage Geese shootout test had an S209 that blew up on track. I am still thinking about buying one anyway, (regular STI not S209), despite my better judgement.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

someone here made a post that stuck with me
        imagine telling fnf ricers in 2003 that people would be waiting in line to pay 50k for a 3cyl corolla

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

You're gonna be real disappointed if you convert for inflation (real inflation) since 2003. But yes, basically automakers have barely been able to outpace the rate of gayness from legislation and restriction.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

You would be the type to talk shit about a $30,000 Mitsubishi with crank windows in 2004

>And 2019 they got the RA short blocks so they can take around 350-380whp without blowing up (the older STis had trouble around this power level with breaking ringlands...iirc Subaru changed the pistons slightly and probably went wider on clearances).
          I will always love Subaru and the EJ especially but these things have never seemed reliable to me. One anecdote doesn't make data but it was hilarious that the Savage Geese shootout test had an S209 that blew up on track. I am still thinking about buying one anyway, (regular STI not S209), despite my better judgement.

>savagegeese

Not listening to this asiatic car shill

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

frick me is it really 42k
      I thought savagegeese was crazy out of touch when he named CTR budget sports car of the year and that trend continues

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

That's the price these days. It's either that or a gr86

11. 1 month ago
    Sage all ugly slow gay bullshit

Ugly. Slow. Gay.

12. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Unless its a 6cyl im not interested only subis i like are 6cyls

13. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>the chud car is slower than the incel car

14. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>C4 Corvette
    >30yr old car
    >makes more HP
    >lighter
    >more aerodynamic
    >30mpg

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>is a 30 year old car

15. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

It's definitely a good buy

16. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Exactly. Why mess with perfection.

17. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

This car seems perfect for me. I'm hesitant on buying one because the community surrounding WRX drivers is disgusting and cringy, and I don't want people to think I'm one of them.

18. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>42k for a WRX with brembos and the same amount of horsepower as the base trim
    Are all of savagegeese’s cum slurpers this moronic?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Who do you think was shilling Korean cars the last year?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

The base version exists if you don't want anything else with it, what can you say. People tend to like more bells and whistles, not base vehicles

19. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

The WRX TR seems like a bad deal until you compare it with the GR Corolla
    The Corolla was marketed as this hardcore track ready hot hatch, but while it is hardcore compared to the WRX it's terrible on the track because the drivetrain overheats so easily. So you need significant cooling mods just to be able to run 15min HPDE sessions. At that point you're comparing modded cars and the WRX has an advantage because it's a better platform for modding. Comparing the different use cases for these cars the WRX comes out ahead almost every time.

>Stock, street only
    WRX is more comfortable and practical and the performance difference isn't that noticeable on the street

>"Stock", street + track
    WRX will be more reliable on track assuming only brake pads/fluid and tires are upgraded. The GRC's lap time advantage is moot because it can't do that pace for more than a few laps

>Lightly modified, street only
    WRX is more comfortable and practical and will more reliably make 350-400hp because it has 50% more displacement

>Lightly modified, street + track
    At this point the GRC's flaws can be fixed its weight advantage starts to matter, but the WRX still has more overhead on the motor

>Heavily modified (500+ hp builds)
    The GRC has a slight advantage here due to the more robust transmission, but at this level you can probably afford to do an STi trans swap into the WRX

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I agree however the GR Corolla is still harder to find than the WRX, also it's a hatchback. Some pros and cons.

This car seems perfect for me. I'm hesitant on buying one because the community surrounding WRX drivers is disgusting and cringy, and I don't want people to think I'm one of them.

You have to admit it sounds pretty womanly to say that you knowingly chose an inferior car just because you were afraid of how you'd appear to strangers.

frick me is it really 42k
      I thought savagegeese was crazy out of touch when he named CTR budget sports car of the year and that trend continues

>frick me is it really 42k
      >I thought savagegeese was crazy out of touch when he named CTR budget sports car of the year and that trend continues
      It's like $44k on the lot MSRP. Very sad, although if you look cheaper which cars can you really even call a 'sports car' with a straight face? The BRZ/GR86 for $33k? Civic SI for $32k? Ecoboost mustang or 4 cyl Camaro (final year edition, sure to appreciate in value) for $30k? Base trim MX5 (no LSD) for $29k? Elantra N for $33k? GTI for $35k? These sort of fall in a grey zone between sports cars and 'sporty' trims of economy cars. There's no right answer only opinions. Overall the fact is that the economy of today is worse than the past and most young guys are way too poor to buy and keep a real sports car in 2024. The country is not what it was fifty years ago. Cheapest new manual car is the Versa, which is $17k and this is the final year of it. I think you can still have fun with cars no matter how shitty they are but that's the optimist take. Legitimately people are just no longer able to afford the basic entry price of the sports car world (house with a garage, tools, new V8 sports car, etc). Guys who make it happen either did unusually well in their career or cut some corners (buy used, borrow a garage spot, etc.).

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

The WRX TR is a stupid track option as it's a tarted up 4 door daily. With the money saved going with a base WRX for 30k, the extra money can be spent on something like a 350Z that can do track duties and you don't have to worry about your daily. Also Toyota's marketing department is legit filled with morons, you can tell the development team went out of their way to make a super fun daily but Akio went full autism and wanted a track car. Dude should have spent that effort on the GR86 instead.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Wow a clapped out ~20 year 350z. The clear yet overlooked option when shopping for new cars?

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Reread the post ESL.

>With the money saved going with a base WRX for 30k, the extra money can be spent on something like a 350Z that can do track duties
          unless you're buying someone else's 350Z project you're going to have to spend a lot more than $10k to make a 350Z into a decent track car
          The TR will do fine with just brake pads/fluid, tires, camber bolts, and an oil cooler

If you get a Brembo equipped model you're just gonna need pads, fluid, and the other general stuff. Doesn't even have to be a 350Z, find an old E36/E46 base model and track prep it or someone else's track project. You should always have a dedicated track car, tracking the car you use to get you to and from is asking for trouble. Even more so if it's a fricking Subaru. There's a reason AutoX is more popular among younger guys who can only have one car.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

I'm the ESL, yet you're the moron insisting on comparing an old shitbox to two new cars? There's always one of you. No new anything compares to an old project car you purpose build in terms of value, it's a moronic argument and always has been.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

I'm not comparing, reread it. Instead of spending 42K on a the TR. Buy the base WRX at a discount and use that 10k saved for a dedicated track car.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>With the money saved going with a base WRX for 30k, the extra money can be spent on something like a 350Z that can do track duties
        unless you're buying someone else's 350Z project you're going to have to spend a lot more than $10k to make a 350Z into a decent track car
        The TR will do fine with just brake pads/fluid, tires, camber bolts, and an oil cooler

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *