Bush is president, ice cream is $1.50 a cone, and a hot new tune from Flo Rida is hitting the airwaves. The year is 2008.

Bush is president, ice cream is $1.50 a cone, and a hot new tune from Flo Rida is hitting the airwaves. The year is 2008.

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>ice cream is $1.50 a cone
    Get the frick out of here zoomer

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Houses where I live cost $15,000 in 2008 and cost 135,000 for the same houses now

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Thanks obiden

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

was 2008 or 2020 a worse year for humanity? it's hard to say.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

1992 was where it all ended for Americans.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Kevin Nash's butthole does not represent all of America

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

1992 was where it all ended for Americans.

Kevin Nash's butthole does not represent all of America

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

i was 15 in 2008
      my mom drove a beater ford windstar with coffee cans welded into the door tracks, and my dad drove an even older and rusty ford taurus
      he was afraid hed lose his job at any moment (engineer) and we had lived for about 10 years as a single income family
      we made it through ok but know many that didnt and had to relocate or change jobs.
      many people foreclosed on houses or defaulted on credit card debt. the housing market was in complete shambles and many construction companies went out of business. the empty mcmansion culdesac was a common sight. the benefit of the 2008 recession was that you could still go to bars and malls and restaurants and hang out in public without people shitting themselves.

in 2020 most white collar jobs were insulated from all the shit that went down. everyone went remote, and the people that did lose their jobs were mostly boomers at retirement age already. some people were furloughed for a few weeks at worst. yeah it sucked balls and i changed jobs (by choice) as a result of it but all things considered the 2020 “recession” was a lot less painful than 2008. the housing market actually skyrocketed because of cheap rates and trumpbux.
      socially 2020 was worse because you literally couldnt do anything. social venues were closed and 50% of people were freaked out about getting sick. a whole summer was ruined and travel was heavily restricted.
      who knows when we’ll truly experience the fallout of 2020. but for a few years there, times werent really that bad despite the negative coverage

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

The "real" 2020 recession hasn't even happened yet, anon. They did everything they could to delay it, but it's coming very son and it will be way worse than '08.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>recession was that you could still go to bars and malls and restaurants and hang out in public without people shitting themselves
        Wokeshit hadn't yet lobotomized mass culture in 08. That was coming soon though.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

The Fentanyl crisis today is the fallout of 2008, everyone in hard hit industries or lost their homes/retirement turned to opioids and other drugs to cope with those years of unemployment and stagnant job growth.

The true fallout of 2020 will be the kids 18 and under that are leaving school barely literate and cant cope with everyday tasks unless it is paired up with a Tiktok dance trend.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

2008 was fine for most people, unless you were one of the early sub-prime mortgage defaults you didnt even notice it until 2009.

I remember my parents taking out a $100k home equity loan in 2008 to remodel their basement then the bank canceled the loan before they had apent any of the money. They couldnt figure out why Chase did it until months later when people realized banks didnt have money to give out anymore.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Both are fine if you aren't stupid and plan wisely.

I'm making a C4C reference zoomer

This is a vehicle thread, not a gaymerhomosexualry thread.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous
    • 2 months ago
      Anonymous

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

i was 24 in 2008. It sucked if you were looking for a job, got laid off from a job, or had your pension destroyed, but life went on as normal. the world didn't shutdown.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

22 in 2008, and I think you're underestimating the damage. It may not have impacted us as directly at the time, but what it DID do is frick boomers' retirement funds, and that meant they stayed in jobs a decade longer than they should have and froze the whole promotion system, so we ended up way behind the curve because nobody was moving up the ladder, and we're still suffering the effects of that.
        Personally I got it even worse though, was in (car) magazine publishing and the whole industry imploded with both the shift to the internet and the downturn in car sales, went from a promising up and comer in the industry to somebody scrabbling for barely paid blog jobs, the work was fun as frick going to races, huge classic car events like Rennsport Reunion and Pebble Beach, car launches, etc. with press creds but it wasn't making me any kind of decent living and I had to give up on it. I was lucky, a friend from the industry hired me to run his performance shop/race team's marketing and that turned into running the whole business for him but that didn't last forever and most of my colleagues had it even worse.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Job market sucked really bad but that was about it.
      People will point at the housing crash that started in 07 but the most victims were literal morons that got israeliteed into buying homes they couldn't afford (and often times, more than one home). They weren't the only ones, of course businesses associated with real estate construction took a hard hit too - which definitely sucked.
      You should look more into 07-09. It explains a lot of what's happening currently. The tl;dr is we're on/have been on an extremely similar path, forming an extremely similar bubble in every market, but the government today is trying their damndest to keep it on life support to avoid the inevitable. The double edge sword is they're just worsening the issue as they prolong it.
      That's part of why the upcoming election is so important. They can't keep the charade up for much longer, and whoever gets elected is more than likely gonna have to eat a turd sandwich.

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Hey guys, don't mind me I'm just moving some stocks around. I'm betting against the US for no reason in particular, don't mind me

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I guess we learned from the 2008 election and what was said about Sarah Palin the real truth about the...party of women as it styles itself.

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>ice cream is $1.50 a cone
    It still costs that much

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

And a Black person and his pedophile crony are about to ruin everything...

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

gb2 www.benshapiro.com, moron

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Bush and the GOP brand were so poorly regarded at that point that it would have been inevitable.

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Boy guys I really love Explorers,XJ's,pre 96 2wd F series trucks, GMT400's,Blazers and Dodge Rams, I hope nothing happens to all of them in the next 2 years.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Buy good one NOW because that era is drawing to a close and prices for good ones will rise. Decide which one or more you really want then get one with the best sheet metal you can find since everything else is easy to sort out.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

I'm making a C4C reference zoomer

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I can't wait to junk my old landcruiser and get a $4500 discount on a 2009 Chrysler Sebring!

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous
      • 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>2 door pathfinder
        >1st gen gs
        >j30
        >80 series
        >tahoe gt?
        >60 series
        >capri 5.0
        >e34

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>08 Escalade
    Probably crumbled apart in 1.5 years of purchase as GM had a $50 budget to build them with back then.

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Pontiac has been showing off their G8 ST at auto shows, it's going to be kino when you can finally snag one. It's even got more usable bed than your average crew cab short bed.

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

My neighbor had a 09 G6, one of the very last Pontiacs ever made which I assume she got at a clearance sale. Amazingly it lasted an entire decade (she finally replaced it with a Hyundai sedan). How I don't know. That thing should have gone 3 years at most given that it was a late 2000s GM product.

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>The year is 2008.
    Oh good I can tell my ex-fiance to frick off before we got together and NOT waste my whole 20s on her.

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>ice cream
    The future is now old man

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Those were stupid expensive to make.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/ePcKSYS.jpg

>ice cream
        The future is now old man

Dippin dots got into the cryonics industry since they needed freezers that maintain -40 and now they manufacture their own super-low-temp freezers and became a pharmaceutical supplier

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

cryogenics
          cryonics is the meme of freezing your body in the hopes that you can be thawed out in the future

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Oh, thanks for clearing that up

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

These 6 SPD auto GMT 900s are pretty awesome. Much faster and slightly more fuel efficient than the 800s. Kinda dissapointed that they are full time AWD, they would do nice burnouts if 2wd.

15. 2 months ago
    p

i am so sick of the rampant racisms here.
    as a white we have obligations to help poos and other stinks to rise up and succeed. it’s the christian way

16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

My favorite suv. The leather seats smell great too.

17. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Pfff

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *