buy a car

Hello, I need your help, I need to buy a car, this is the first time I'm doing this, I have saved 5 thousand dollars; Can you give me advice to buy the best option?

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

Tip Your Landlord Shirt $21.68

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

1. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

sex Black person b***hes car. Get that one

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

I'm not interested in those things, I just need you to recommend models or brands, and what to look for before buying it, I don't know much about cars and I need your experience in that

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

2023 Audi RS 6 should be in your budget

• 3 months ago
          Anonymous

is it a good car? I read that Audis are expensive to repair.

2. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

>let me show you this Fiat 500, sir!

3. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

$5k, eh? And it has to be a vehicle?
    I'd say you're looking for some kind of weird Dodge Stratus.

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

I'm looking for something that will take me from my house to work, that is stable when snow falls and, above all, that is a reliable car or truck or SUV. something that can say I made a good purchase. It's the first time I've bought a car and I don't know much about it, other than what I've read on the internet.

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

>2024
        >$5k
        >reliable
        >good purchase
        Pick 3. If your job isn't minimum wage, and you're not at risk of getting fired a month from now, use the $5k as a down payment on a 2020-2024, low trim Mazda 3 or Toyota Corolla. Payment should be like $200-300/m for 3-5 years unless you have ass credit.

• 3 months ago
          Anonymous

I'm looking for a used car

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

2020-2023 would be a used car. I understand you have zero interest in cars, otherwise you wouldn't be here, that's why I'm suggesting base model, base trim, reliable econoboxes. Anything you can buy for $5k alone is going to be a total dice roll for reliability in the current market. You might get 10 years out of it with only minor repairs, it might send a piston a week after you buy it. At $5k, you're looking at 15+ years old, and or, 100k+ miles.

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

Different anon from OP here. Similar boat but I got 25k in my bank and make lower end of 70k per year. Any idea how much I should be paying for a Corolla or Mazda 3 like you described? Would a 2024 new be a bad idea even at a low trim?
            I also just need something but I'm in no rush. No experience buying cars though.

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

I make similar money, personally I'd want something a bit nicer, for example I have a Mazda 6, GT trim, but that was bought new, and pre-Covid.
            For base trim, new off the lot, they're like 22k for the Corolla, and 25k for the Mazda as sticker. For 2020-2022, somewhere around 50-60% of that.
            Lots of people will tell you buying brand new is always a bad idea, but I disagree. Buying new every 3-5 years is dumb unless you've got tons of money to blow, a lease is a better option for that, but if you're the type to buy a car and keep it for a good 8-10 years or more, it's not that much of a difference, and you know exactly how its been treated.

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

Thanks I really appreciate that! It's been a confusing time figuring out what to get but that helps a lot.

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

I'm OP.
            I don't know anything about cars, I'm just looking for recommendations on a car that is good in terms of durability, I don't know what else I should pay attention to, I've read something but it doesn't compare to your experience

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

at a $5k budget, if it doesn't have major mechanical issues then it's probably going to within half a year
            at a $10k budget, you're probably looking at a 10 year old base model econobox that's been somewhat abused + scratched up but still runs fine
            at a $15k budget, same as above but 5 years old and slightly less miles (or salvage/rebuilt title semi-nice car)
            at a $20k budget, you can finally afford a well maintained 10 year old muscle car or 5 year old econobox
            if you have a higher budget than that but don't already know what cars you're interested in then you're putting way too much money into a car

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

I'll sell you an F150 for $1000
        >will take you from house to work
        >stable in the snow
        >reliable engine and transmission

4. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

5k is too much to spend on your first car

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

I would expect that to be the case but no.
      I'm looking for a used car

5. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

>vague op
    just get a 2006 cobalt. dont really feel like prying out what you want or need so just get a cobalt

6. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

5k down payment on a new Mazda whose size fits your typical cargo needs

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *