C32 AMG

I can get one of these for less than 10k, so what's the catch? From what I've heard both the engine and the transmission are reliable.

Beware Cat Shirt $21.68

Yakub: World's Greatest Dad Shirt $21.68

Beware Cat Shirt $21.68

1. 6 days ago
    Anonymous

the catch is its a w203, its not really a good performance platform to begin with - its a compact executive sedan from early 2000s so yeah... and also autotragic
    can you not get an w211 e55? I think they were around 10k some time ago
    otherwise maybe a 335i or the w204 alternative? pretty much anything newer will BTFO it
    t. used to own a s203 and currently own an e91

2. 6 days ago
    Anonymous

>, so what's the catch?
    It's a V6. Nobody wants a V6 AMG. You'll note that despite being similarly complex and expensive to own, an E55 or E63 is not cheap, because it's a V8 and the latter is the best sounding V8 ever produced by mercedes. The V6 AMG isn't fast and doesn't sound good so nobody wants it.

• 6 days ago
      Anonymous

>can you not get an w211 e55
      those are a bit too large for my taste, plus I live in a city with very tight parking

>It's a V6. Nobody wants a V6 AMG
      there are w203 c55s for a bit more, should I look for one of them?

• 6 days ago
        Anonymous

If you can afford a V8 AMG, why would you even look at a V6 one?

• 6 days ago
          Anonymous

I was thinking that there must be something cool about it, from what I've read they can make more power fairly easier being supercharged

Unfortunately it's not W123 and it's full of electronics that will start to break down.

Did you know that the W202 already had a counter that locked the ABS pump, forcing it to be replaced after a certain number of brake applications?

>counter that locked the ABS pump, forcing it to be replaced after a certain number of brake applications?
          wtf

• 6 days ago
            Anonymous

>I was thinking that there must be something cool about it, from what I've read they can make more power fairly easier being supercharged

Yeah sure they can. You can do the same thing with a 3.0 Audi S4 or A6 or any other supercharged V6 car. The thing is, it doesn't matter if you put the most perfect tune and headers and ported supercharger and lightweight pulleys on it, when a guy with a C63 or C55 pulls up and you hear his rumbling V8, you're not going to care that you're making almost as much power as he is, you're just going to wish you had an M156 under your hood instead of an M112.

I'm biased though, I had a 650whp turbo I6 wagon and I replaced it with an E63 AMG wagon because to me it was worth sacrificing 200whp I could barely put down anyway for the legendary AMG V8 sounds. I just wish we got C63 AMG wagons in the USA because I don't really need the size of the E63 and would prefer the smaller lighter car.

• 6 days ago
            Anonymous

Thanks for your input, I'll save up a bit more for c55 or maybe even c63
            >I had a 650whp turbo I6 wagon
            What did you have?

• 6 days ago
            Anonymous

>What did you have?
            Single turbo E61 535i.

https://i.imgur.com/5Ecn6Vq.jpeg

No one has ever wished for an M156 over an M112. The m112 is the best v6 Mercedes’ have ever produced. And also, you’d rather have an m113 anyways.

>he'd rather have the worse sounding turbo engine than the last great NA V8 germany made
            Turkish mindset

• 6 days ago
            Anonymous

Only because it's actually a good engine unlike the M156. But i got the best of both worlds with the M113 anyways, which is what OP should do.

• 6 days ago
            Anonymous

You're right, M156s suck. Spread it far and wide. Keep people afraid of them so actual enthusiasts can enjoy them instead of what is happening now: prices are rising and collectors will start to buy them up.

• 6 days ago
            Anonymous

They're great when they work. They're just way more expensive to keep running and less reliable than something like an m113. We're on DA so I would of course not recommend an M156 to fellow poorgays.

• 6 days ago
            Anonymous

No they suck, terrible engines. Cam issues and such. Avoid them at all costs.

• 6 days ago
            Anonymous

Glad we can agree then. Besides, the prices are already going up on the M156, so it's not like any vein attempt at deflection could change that now, so you must be sincere.

• 6 days ago
            Anonymous

No one has ever wished for an M156 over an M112. The m112 is the best v6 Mercedes’ have ever produced. And also, you’d rather have an m113 anyways.

• 6 days ago
            Anonymous

"German engineering" and planned obsolescence in one

• 6 days ago
            Anonymous

Those engines are pure sex to drive and some of the last NA V8s around. So what if the timing chain needs redone once in its lifetime

3. 6 days ago
    Anonymous

Unfortunately it's not W123 and it's full of electronics that will start to break down.

Did you know that the W202 already had a counter that locked the ABS pump, forcing it to be replaced after a certain number of brake applications?

• 6 days ago
      Anonymous

>Did you know that the W202 already had a counter that locked the ABS pump, forcing it to be replaced after a certain number of brake applications?
      sauce me please

• 5 days ago
      Anonymous

I was thinking that there must be something cool about it, from what I've read they can make more power fairly easier being supercharged
      [...]
      >counter that locked the ABS pump, forcing it to be replaced after a certain number of brake applications?
      wtf

https://i.imgur.com/VWDcFot.jpeg

"German engineering" and planned obsolescence in one

I think anon was referring to the SBC brake system, which is still under warranty on every car that has it (though the earliest cars will be done in 2 years).
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sensotronic_Brake_Control

I have it on my 05 E500 wag, no issues with the brakes but the pedal feel can be really inconsistent. It has it's moments of brilliance at the same time though, you can see what they were trying to do they just didn't quite pull it off.

• 5 days ago
        Anonymous

Thanks for the clarification Anon.
        do you know if this

>counter that locked the ABS pump, forcing it to be replaced after a certain number of brake applications

has any basis in truth in regards to sensotronic?
        sounds like bs.

4. 6 days ago
    Anonymous

Reliable for a luxury car and reliable for an economy car aren't the same thing. Cars with a full dealer service history are expensive and without that you never really know if it's been serviced properly

5. 6 days ago
    Anonymous

Its a cheap expensive car. Prepare 10k for repairs.

6. 6 days ago
    Anonymous

>so what's the catch?
    A $5k 335i will outperform it and only need slightly more maintenance.

• 6 days ago
      Anonymous

A 5k 335i will be at death’s door practically. Might as well just get an M113/M113K and be faster and more reliable than that.

7. 5 days ago
    Anonymous

Electrical head aches

8. 5 days ago
    Anonymous

Fake kompressor badge. Don't touch it with a 10 foot pole.

• 5 days ago
      Anonymous

>Fake kompressor badge
      >Supercharged V6

9. 5 days ago
    Anonymous

[...]

Frick off you mass-replying piece of human garbage. Stop acting like a fricking Black person if you’re so superior.

10. 5 days ago
    civil engineering stud

>what's the catch?
    It's a soulless Germ man creation, get a Quattroporte instead if luxury and excitement are what you crave.

• 5 days ago
      Anonymous

I love spaghetti cars as much as the next guy, but I'd rather not financially ruin myself with an 10k maserati

11. 5 days ago
    Anonymous

Just get an E39 already.

• 5 days ago
      Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/O1QXu31.jpeg

boring

• 5 days ago
        Anonymous

post cars

• 5 days ago
          Anonymous
          • 5 days ago
            Anonymous

shoulda got an M5

• 5 days ago
            Anonymous

Damn what a shame, this era of Benz looks great in iridium silver or white but not without all of that bullshit carbon added on. Turns it from classy to boi racer in an instant.

12. 5 days ago
    Anonymous
  13. 5 days ago
    Anonymous

Here in Kazakhstan it's hordes of jeets driving these.

• 5 days ago
      Anonymous

There’s jeets even in Kazakhstan? Wtf

14. 5 days ago
    Anonymous

>catch
    ZF slushbox that's never had its oil changed.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *