Camaro SS: 455 HP with a 6.2L V8. Mustang GT: 480 HP with a 5.0L V8

Camaro SS: 455 HP with a 6.2L V8
Mustang GT: 480 HP with a 5.0L V8
How does the one with 25% higher displacement make lower horsepower? Is it because they were just tuned to make no more than these numbers?

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

Yakub: World's Greatest Dad Shirt $21.68

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>7500RPM DOHC V8 vs 6000RPM pushrod V8
    FWIW the LT1 makes more torque.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

So LT1 wins in a drag race

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

No? In a drag race, power is power. Mustang is just a hair quicker at 11.9 vs 12.1, 10 speed vs 10 speed.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

What are you talking about torquelet?
          The Camaro has a faster quarter-mile than the Mustang
          >https://www.motor1.com/news/695555/chevrolet-camaro-ford-mustang-dark-horse-drag-race/

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Do you even read the moronic bullshit you link?
            >There is a caveat to this race we must mention. Both the Challenger and Camaro use automatic transmissions, whereas the Dark Horse has a manual. Furthermore, the Camaro's box is a 10-speed, giving it shorter gears that shift quicker. If the Mustang had its own 10-speed in place of the six-speed stick, perhaps things would've been different.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

> perhaps

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/2024-ford-mustang-dark-horse-first-test-review/
            >The extra 14 horses stampeding through the 10-speed automatic to the rear tires send the Dark Horse to 60 mph in 3.7 seconds and on through the quarter mile in 12.0 seconds.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Should probably be a smidge faster given the right conditions as well considering the outgoing Mustang did 11.9 with 40 less hp. Unless the dark horse 10 speed has different ratios? Or a taller rear end for a higher top speed?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

there have been Camaros that did the quarter mile in under 12 seconds

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Sure, but not this one.

What are you talking about torquelet?
            The Camaro has a faster quarter-mile than the Mustang
            >https://www.motor1.com/news/695555/chevrolet-camaro-ford-mustang-dark-horse-drag-race/

So it's safe to say a 10spd Mustang vs a 10spd Camaro is faster.

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Revs lower, worse top end in exchange for better low end

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

BMW M5 CS: 625hp with a 4.4L V8

How does the one with 30% higher displacement make lower horsepower? Is it because they were just tuned to make no more than these numbers?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Because it has a turbo obviously

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>455 hp @6000
    >455 ft lbs @4400
    >single cam VVT 16 valve
    >6600 redline
    >103.25x92 b/s
    >11.5:1 comp

>480 HP @7150
    >415 ftlb @4900
    >quad cam individual VVT 32 valve
    >7500 redline
    >93x92.7 b/s
    >12:1 comp

higher redline, double the valves, 4x more cams and VVT is how

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>4x more cams
      so it has five? where is the fifth? what is it used for? never heard of a car with five camshafts.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>1x4=5

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/KaWMzae.jpg

>1x4=5

kekkin

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous
      • 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Now you have.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

microwavetime.jpg

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Highest Camaro driver iq
        SAD!!

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Also the top trim of the Camaro is the ZL1 and that blows everyone out of the water

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

GT500 is faster.

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Shitrods

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I always kek at this. The LT1 mogged the SN550 and now we are at the SN650 so I would've expected them to finally mog Chevy and continue the back and forth but nah the LT1 is still a hair faster when comparing GT to SS/LT1 but to Ford's credit it's like a 1% difference but still funny given its their next generation platform.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

The only thing Camaro mogged is itself because it got killed off, while the Mustang lives on

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Cope. The Gen 6 being discontinued has nothing to do with it still being a faster car than the sn550 and sn650 kek. Imagine buying a BRAND NEW over priced NEXT GENERATION GT just to lose to a LT1 just last the last generation did. A mustang is the equivalent of cuckoldry.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

If the Copemaro was so good, it would still be made, cope and seethe

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Corvette>camaro>mustang you're still bottom b***h to the BowtieChads. Rent free.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

BowtieCucks are bottom b***hes to the government bailout bucks LMAO

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>REEE I KNOW YOURE FASTER BOWTIEGOD ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS RANDOM SHIT BECAUSE MY CARS ARENT FAST ENOUGH TO BACK UP MY SHITTALK AHHHH

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Looks like Government Motors can't backup their shittalking with good sales kek

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

It's not a "new platform". It's the same car with new bumpers. Also no one has ever cared about the Camaro's performance. You gm fangirls have been quoting every single metric and time you can from everyone who ever recorded either of the two cars but it never stopped your car from coming dead last in sales year after year and it didn't stop the car from straight up dying. Charger may have lost the V8 but at least they're making a new one. Chevy straight up says "nah frick the camaro we can't sell one to save our lives"

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Cope. Obviously sales mean nothing when the challenger outsold the mustang and still got discontinued bringing up sales is EVshill tier cope. The only thing that matters is which has the performance the mustang doesn't and its more expensive while being slower.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Cope. The Gen 6 being discontinued has nothing to do with it still being a faster car than the sn550 and sn650 kek. Imagine buying a BRAND NEW over priced NEXT GENERATION GT just to lose to a LT1 just last the last generation did. A mustang is the equivalent of cuckoldry.

I always kek at this. The LT1 mogged the SN550 and now we are at the SN650 so I would've expected them to finally mog Chevy and continue the back and forth but nah the LT1 is still a hair faster when comparing GT to SS/LT1 but to Ford's credit it's like a 1% difference but still funny given its their next generation platform.

>cope mog mog cope
          you need to spend some time away from DA man. i don't know if maybe you just think you need to talk that way to "fit in" but it's sad to think this is genuinely how your brain forms thoughts.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>you need to spend some time away from DA man. i don't know if maybe you just think you need to talk that way to "fit in" but it's sad to think this is genuinely how your brain forms thoughts.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

hey wait a minute. those words are the same words i said but they're green!

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>6.2 liter
      >0.1 seconds faster than a 5.0
      >this is a win, somehow

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Damn the classic pushrod still winning? Based.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>winning
          If you make it 20 larger than the competition, sure.
          Why do you think they limit displacement size in so many motor racing classes? It's almost like you can just keep throwing displacement at an antique and it'll make more power. What's next?
          >9.2 liter V8 still winning!!!!

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

*20% larger

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

the LT1 is smaller than the 5.0 coyote

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Dimensionally, maybe.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Yeah. And when you're cramming it into a Miata or minivan that matters.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Smaller and with more displacement and torque? How does chevy pull of this sorcery?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

It doesn't have anything to do with chevy. it's just pushrod vs dohc. the dual cams take up more space but the benefit is a longer stroke and higher rpm. pushrods can't rev as high but have way bigger bores to compensate which makes more torque. displacement literally doesn't matter.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

So basically if I want something smaller with more torque I get the chevy and if I want something larger with more computer processing and less torque I get the Ford. Got it.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Big torque low revs pushrod
            Big hp high revs dohc
            can't explain it any more simply

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

i really miss having a pushrod V8. i think this autistic conversation you two have been having has officially convinced me to buy a camaro.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Ah, so this explains why the coyote sounds like a fat ricer car when it revs it follows the same principal but just bigger. I like less computer nannying and prefer more simple mechanics so I will stay a chevy guy, though I see the merits of the ford and it's use of the microchips

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Whatever you have to tell yourself to justify having a slow ugly discontinued car

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I can't hear you from all the way back there

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>"less computer nannies"
            >drive by wire lt4 with vvt and dogshit afm system
            >still can't put 800 to the wheels without needing the billet parts catalogue or else

What did he mean by this?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>Ah, so this explains why the coyote sounds like a fat ricer car

Audi, Mercedes and BMW V8s do not sound like that and they use the same design as Ford

?si=bRGA8qPABcYMNkgi&t=10

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

That sounds exactly like a Mustang with an X pipe.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

H pipes sound better

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Sounds like shit

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>straight piped
            Sounds like ass.

?si=bfV4wQ9qHoXSo7xP&t=23

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Sounds like shit

>straight piped
            Sounds like ass.

?si=bfV4wQ9qHoXSo7xP&t=23

Sounds way better than Ferd and Chevy plasticrods

?si=w1Zvw9w4ub-kuur0&t=51

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Sounds like shit and worst or the bunch

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Not only are you gay, but deaf too

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>less computer nannying
            They have the same level of computer nannying. show me a car you can buy these days without TCS & ABS. In fact, the Camaro is the one known for the "shift denied" bullshit. You can turn off basically all of it
            The Camaro feels more like a muscle car and has that typical torquey V8 pull. The Mustang pulls at low RPM, but not as much as a Camaro. But on the top end, it feels much faster.
            The Camaro LT1 may be pushrod but it is still by no means anything less than a modern V8. Coil-on-plug, throttle by wire, VVT, and all the emissions stuff.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Why does this upset you? An old school reliable engine beats the engine that has a computer chip and nannys on every square inch just to compete and still lose to the pushrod

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I'm not upset?
            I just think it's obtuse making arguments like "heh, the bigger engine makes more power" like that's unexpected or impressive.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

But it's smaller and weighs less but has more torque and displacement, explain this?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Why are you asking rhetorical questions? What is the point here supposed to be?
            >sure it takes 20% more displacement to make the same power with pushrods, but at least it'll fit in a miata so heh

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I think it's cool an engine can be smaller and have more displacement and make more torque truly a marvel

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Well sure, but rotary engines also do something like that in terms of their size and horsepower output, but they're inefficient and don't make much torque. Pushrods tend to make torque but the horsepower is generally disappointing due to lack of rpms. OHC lets you have both at the cost of weight, complexity and size.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Why are there still people that get so upset over displacement? Your government has broken you

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Ford has been having to detune the 5.0 for the past few years to meet emissions, you could probably flash-tune an extra 30hp out of the engine without even popping the hood.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>Detune the 5.0 for emissions
        The 3rd Gen Coyote makes 480HP, while the 2nd Gen makes 460.
        You don't gain a lot of power from just a tune, even with a free flow exhaust (stock headers) and an intake.
        There's not much extra you can do to the car N/A other than more invasive work like cams, headers, and E85. Look up forum discussions on what it takes to make 500WHP N/A.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

The 3rd gen coyote makes 460, the 4th gen has 480.
          American muscule got 500 whp with bolt ons (headers, intake, exhaust), a tune, and e85 on a gen 3 2018. Yes, you can run e85 with only a tune, because the gen 3 has direct and port injection so it can achieve a high enough fuel flow without an injector swap.

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Which can tow more?

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *