Can I take legal action here?

tl;dr engine ate shit, was very bad. Took it to a local shop, was told it could be 2500-3500 before teardown. After tearing it down they'd have a better idea. So I said sure. Waited 2 weeks or so and they finally got back to me. They said it'll probably be 3500, no worse than 4k or so though.

Fast forward another 2 weeks, it's finally done. $6600 dollars. I told them not to go over 4500 if they can help it and said I'd rather not have anything done if it'll cost more than that. But they did it anyways. Ontop of "fixing" the engine (fricker doesn't even idle right sometimes, need to take it back to them soon,) they said the clutch was bad, replaced it (it still squeaks,) optispark needed replacing (probably lying) starter blew up (I actually did see the bits and pieces, no fricking clue how that happened.) Guy broke my shift knob while taking things apart, he replaced it and I didn't really care. Told me he was gonna paint my engine and I was like lol k that might be cool, why not. Charges me $40+ for it.

Terrible terrible experience. Absolutely horrid. Not their fault the engine went but Jesus Christ I really would've rather scrapped the car if I knew they were gonna charge me that much and do all that work. Pic somewhat related, happened to my old fbody.

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Engine did come with a warranty, 3 months. Whoopty doo. Plan to make full use of that at least. Not sure they can fix it though, I brought it to them once for the idling issue and they said they couldn't find anything. Morons.

• 1 month ago
      s10fag

Youre moronic for not evaluating your options. Very few shops do engine rebuilds for a reason. Jasper and lkq offer far superior warranties and are in the same ballpark. Plus you wanted your engine painted like a fricking moron. Suck it up.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

i have a woman question for you. is it cheaper to buy another engine in good condition and have it swapped or get one rebuilt?

• 1 month ago
          s10fag

depends on how many times you have to take it back after the rebuilder fricks it up. Face price should be about the same, but shops are notorious scam holes that attract the worst employees imaginable, less risk to only have them put an engine in. I've warrantied LKQ's shit before, it's painless. i dont trust a shop that turns over meth heads every week and already fricked up the car to honor a short ass warranty.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

good to know, ty fren.

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

If nothing else I hope you get to enjoy it for a long time. I miss my new edge Mustang.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Might be the best option to keep it. No way I'm even going to come close to breaking even here.

https://i.imgur.com/bigPn1i.png

>be wrenchlet
      >buy old piece of shit
      >be wrenchlet
      >pay someone else do so everything because you are a wrenchlet
      >cry and shit your pants
      >mechanic saves F-body from moron by raping him with bills so he can put a lien on it and keep it himself
      holy based

I can work on some stuff but not replacing pistons headgaskets all that shit. I've also owned nothing but 90s muscle cars my entire life. Never had any big issues with them. 4 SN95s, a firebird, and now this. Biggest maintenence I've had to do on them was a new clutch, brake and calipers. I've been very lucky up until now.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>I'm a moron and refused to watch a youtube video on how to swap an engine or loosen some rod caps and head bolts video can I sue waah

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>pic
          was he really?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

it was actually consensual

Yeah... all this is why I'm so butthurt. That and they said it WILL NOT be more than 4500, tops. More than a fricking $2000 difference from what they quoted me. Can only imagine how many people they lied to and raped like this. I wouldn't be that upset if it A. ran right and B. they actually stuck close to the estimate I was given.
            [...]
            Why are you like this?

>how could this happen, my 30 year old shitbox I refuse to learn how to fix, is expensive to fix

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>I can work on some stuff but not replacing pistons headgaskets all that shit
        lmao ok wrenchlet

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>be wrenchlet
    >buy old piece of shit
    >be wrenchlet
    >pay someone else do so everything because you are a wrenchlet
    >cry and shit your pants
    >mechanic saves F-body from moron by raping him with bills so he can put a lien on it and keep it himself
    holy based

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>be thieving mechanic
      >get hanged when the wars start
      not my problem

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>implying you wont visit your mechanic with your eyes full of tears because the gun makes a weird noise and doesn't shoot

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

By whom? You gonna pay someone to tie the knot?
        lmao fricking wrenchlets

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>verification not required

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

seething

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>Be a lying sack of shit
      >Be somehow proud of this

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

see i'ma wrenchlet but i'm also a money chad so i don't care if things get expensive because i got the car i wanted

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

“The stripper leave me a condom hand job and now she wants $4,000. Can I take legal action”

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

3 Months? 6600 for a pos sbc with optispark? For a used engine? The starter blew up because of sheer incompetence. Sbcs have shims above the starter. They need to be shimmed to each individual engine.
    Those engines are only 1800ish for a reman, with warranty. Performance built ones are not much more than that for a good cam/valvespring.
    Bro.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Yeah... all this is why I'm so butthurt. That and they said it WILL NOT be more than 4500, tops. More than a fricking $2000 difference from what they quoted me. Can only imagine how many people they lied to and raped like this. I wouldn't be that upset if it A. ran right and B. they actually stuck close to the estimate I was given.

https://i.imgur.com/oGCKNXe.jpg

>I'm a moron and refused to watch a youtube video on how to swap an engine or loosen some rod caps and head bolts video can I sue waah

Why are you like this?

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>Why are you like this?
        Nta, but you are an enormous homosexual. I'm half moronic and managed to swap the blown motor in my foxbody when I was a 17 year old wrenchlet with youtube videos and harbor freight tools because I had to. Try not being a limp wristed loser next time this happens.

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

you could have LS swapped it for that price

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>I told them not to go over 4500 if they can help it
    the absolute state of wrenchlets lamo not even reading the rest

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>drop 6500$ into your car
    >its still stock

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

i just spent over $20k replacing the transmission and a few other odds and ends on my 997 turbo only for it to still be essentially stock. kept trying to not to think about the fact that for that money i could have made it into a 900hp beast

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>turd gen
    >wrenchlet
    At least it has a clutch that still squeaks.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Wait my bad it's a fourth I haven't actually seen one in a minute, you could have had better aesthetics with a turd.

10. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I was in OPs shoes a long time ago
    >Shitbox spec E32 730i BMW
    >camshaft worn down because lol M30
    >Valve didn't open properly and somehow it melted/cracked a piston
    >Ask around shops
    >Everyone quotes 5 grand
    >Nah frick that
    >Grab a junker motor for 100 bucks with a new camshaft
    >Grab new piston rings from the shop
    >Pull engine partway out so I can drop the oilpan
    >Rip the head off
    >Push pistons out
    >"New" pistons from junker with new rings
    >Ditch the old head completely and put junker engines head on mine because figured that cam was already "seated in"
    >500 bucks and a weekend later got a running E32 again
    >Gf was at her parents place
    >Alone
    >Blast it down the highway past a squad car
    >Clocked in doing 140 on a 60kmh zone
    >3 grand fine
    >Didn't even get laid that night

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

tragic

11. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

t. Wrenchlet

12. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

You’re not responsible for paying for anything you didn’t authorize.
    Though it kinda sounds like you were a moron and did authorize it. “Don’t go over $4500 if you can help it,” would mean they can go over $4500 if they can’t help it (fixing the car you told them to fix.)

Normally you’d get an estimate and then authorize the estimated repairs. An open-ended “get it fixed” is fine for some cars, but not a shitbox.
    Next time get an estimate.

13. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

In windmill-land they'll actually ask you if they can proceed with more needed fixes (if they encounter any unexpected ones) and will often be able to give a very accurate estimate of the total costs.
    Maybe I'm just lucky with my local mechanic.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Every single working class person in the US is lazy, a scammer, moronic, or some mix thereof.
      >"it'll be about $500 an hour, oh and you're still on the clock even when we take our two hour lunch break. And we're also gonna charge you if we find something else broken that causes us to leave your car on the lift for a week"
      People just take the raping because they are also as lazy and moronic as the 19 year old highschool dropout in the garage. No desire to learn how to fix their own possessions because "only poor people do hard work", so they get taken for a ride by every single contractor they hire and then wonder why they can't pay bills.

14. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

You can get a complete low mileage LT1+T56 combo used for less than 5k, did the rebuild include any performance mods? Aggressive cams can mess with idle, especially if they haven't been tuned for it. I have a similar weird squeak on my 94, it's a weird almost grind when I let the clutch out fully in 1st taking off. some of the owners forums say "eh they did that from the factory, the T56 is noisy"

15. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

> if they can help it
    Ya fricked up.

16. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Did you pay $4500 for a engine replacement in a car you could buy running for $4500?

17. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Just dont pay them and never pick the engine up lol

18. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Thanks for the good laugh anon.

19. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

lmfaooo

20. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

They can't charge you for things you didn't ask them to do but do you really want to fight that out in court, just pay the extra $2000.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *