can it be salvaged or did I fricked it up too much?

can it be salvaged or did I fricked it up too much?

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

got to progressively higher grit sandpapers
    unless you put DEEP gouges in it, nothing can't be saved

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

what grit did you use

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

400 + 600

600 didn't seem as effective. But last time I had my headlight apart, I sanded the inside which I think made them worse. So tried to do damage control this time and now they're really fogged up. Even with polish it didn't seem to help.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

BRUH
        keep working your way up to 1500 or 2000 then polish it

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

go at it with the 600 for another 5 solid minutes, supposedly you're supposed to not press too hard to avoid the deep gouges by I pressed the shit out of mine.
          Then do 1000 for ages
          then 1500-2000 for ages more

So I need less abrasive? Shit, well that's good to know I'll go buy some tomorrow and try wet sanding with it. What kind of polish or protective coating do you guys use?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I didn't polish or coat mine, they're completely cloudy again after a year or two in the sun so supposedly you're supposed to clear coat paint them.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

this is the compound i use at work for everything, its the bees knees.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I paint them with 2-pack clear to save me sanding and polishing too much

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I used something from cerakote a while back and that shit made 25 year old cloudy lights look like brand new.

• 3 weeks ago
            Panda5

Looks salvageable with some effort.
            Are you wet-sanding? You should be wet-sanding. With wet sandpaper under running water like in a utility sink.
            600 grit, then 1000, then 2000. Then use a plastic polish like PlastX.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Anon, how could you think you'd need a lower grit to polish your headlights? What did you think was going to happen if you kept using the 400 grit? It would just magically clear up eventually?

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

go at it with the 600 for another 5 solid minutes, supposedly you're supposed to not press too hard to avoid the deep gouges by I pressed the shit out of mine.
        Then do 1000 for ages
        then 1500-2000 for ages more

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Oh yeah I forgot to mention grap a bucket of water to dip your paper so you can keep it wet 100% of the time

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

rub your sandpaper together a few times, it stops it from being able to put big gouges in the plastic

3. 3 weeks ago
    Gears

To add, as you go finer with the paper, always alternate between sanding left-right and up-down each time to switch to a finer grid.
    i.e. left-right with the first paper, up down with the next finer, left-right with the second finer etc.
    This helps you keep track of which parts need more work before moving on and avoids deep pitting.
    ALWAYS keep the paper wet
    finally polish and coat
    take your time with each step, going slow is faster than fricking up.

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

use a sander on it. Will save you a ton of time. You can also get a cheap spinning polisher at the store.
    You’re fine, but you need to work your way up to like 2000 grit to fix it.

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

hit it with a torch for a second like the pakistani headlight builders on yt do

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Just but new. These costs like $15 without internals

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Keep sanding

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Odyssey Dirt Path tires on a turd of shit Redline.

Black person what the frick are you doing with your life? That's like putting BBS wheels on a Yugo.

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Looking a lot better with 1000/2000 grit paper and wet sanding. Went to the auto parts store 30 mins before they close and they were closed anyways. Thankfully found some sandpaper in my garage, must've used.last time I cleaned headlights. Thank you for the advice guys, I am really happy with how it's looking now.

Btw, has anyone used Meguiars Plastx polish before?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

meguiars is awesome, I got their $20 kit and have done 4 pairs of headlights so far, might be able to squeeze another 2 or 3 out of it. The final UV protectant coat is applied with a foam brush though, so it's a little streaky if you look close. If you're good with a spraycan you could probably make it flawless. The plastx I apply with the yellow spinny brush shown here, the stuff is amazing, and the kit comes with two sanding disc grits, 1000 and 3000, but I've never tried it on a 2000 grit finish. I bet it will work fine. Do not skip the final UV protectant coat.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I've used a rainx kit with my cheap corded drill and the results were ok for a first time doing it and rushing the process a bit.

>looking good
      >looking better
      Your headlight plastic should be clear. You are nowhere close.

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Mine ended up with trillion scratches but it's still better than before.

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It's a secret but if you put enough clear coat on that it would probably look decent. Whatever it looks like wet is what it will look like after clear coat.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *