Can't get this mf bolt off. Any suggestions? Negative terminal attached to the engine block. Mf hard to get off.

Can't get this mf bolt off. Any suggestions? Negative terminal attached to the engine block. Mf hard to get off. Doing a battery cable switch.

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous
  2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous
  3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Of course put a socket over it and BURN THE FRICK OUT OF IT RED HOT. Then take that MFER OFF. Then nudge it a bit in the opposite way, then the way you want. It works for a lot of things.

t.watchmaker

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

As in quite literally take a torch to it with the socket on it? Haven't seen this before. Quite a bit of rubber components around. Seems a little sketchy.

Just shoot the fricker off, it’s not like you Americans don’t shoot at everything.

Wow man thanks. That was such a great help. I hope you have a nice day.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Strip the rubber then make a new sleeve. Burn it then.

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Just shoot the fricker off, it’s not like you Americans don’t shoot at everything.

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

soak in PB blaster several times while tapping it with hammer. spray and tap over and over again. you want the tapping to get the vibration throughout. wait over night after soaking well in pb. tap tap tap. then use a long bar and gently pry at it careful to not turn it. if you turn it, just drill it out and use a bigger bolt. if its metric you can use standard which will be slightly larger.

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Penetrating oil, tap it with a hammer, blast it with a torch, use short rapid movements in each direction until it cracks, use anti-rounding sockets (they're great actually, worth the cost just in saved bolts). Those are all your options without breaking something.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Antirounding sockets
      Didnt know this was a thing

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

what have you tried?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I'm finally able to get to it comfortabley with a 3/8ths angled ratchet and a 15mm socket. But she won't budge. I just gave it it's first blast of rust Pentwater. Then give her a nice tap as I do the misses ay?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Penetrator sorry outside on my phone

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Torch and hit it with hammer, it will eventually get loose

>looks rounded
    If it's rounded then it's over, time to get a welder

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Can I just stick a torch in there and fr go to town?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

If you don't burn anything that you don't want to burn like wires, hoses and plastic shit, yes

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Clip the fricking wire and make a new end. I'm sure lots of mechanics do that. OBV you don't have power going through it. Just snip it, move the good part of the cord away, and fry it to death. Then quickly TURRRRNNN with an impact socket. I wouldn't zip it yet, just make sure it turns, and again a little in the opposite direction.

t.watchmaking wrenchie lad

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

I'm replacing all the cords. That's the point t of the whole operation. I'm sorry, I'm learning. Most people not already auto intelligent also would question torching a bolt while it's still attached to the block, I would think. I really do appreciate the info

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

dude.
            a wrench is trying
            a breaker bar or cheater bar is asking niclely.
            finally, it cant stay stuck with its turning to liquid.
            if your op that b***h looks rounded off, you're fricked. break out the torch, its time to stop asking it to come out.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>if your op that b***h looks rounded off, you're fricked
            t.hasn't lived in the rust belt
            I've pulled those off with PB, heat and an ruined undersized socket.
            maybe a 50/50 mix of acetone and AFT if you're desperate.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Can you explain the watch making meme? I'm new here. You guys seem nice. Thank you for the info.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>rounded bolts
      Not my problem

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

do these frickers actually do anything?

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Yes, the ground keeps your electronics from getting feedback by grounding everything to the chassis. To bridge a circuit you always need power and a ground, the ground completes the circuit without it you get nada and on vehicles having everything ground to the chassis/ engine is how you complete the overall circuit.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

thanks tips, but that was not my question

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>do these frickers actually do anything?
          I've never had one not crack the bolt loose. You'll have to replace the bolt when you get it out, but if it was rounded enough you had to resort to these then it shouldn't go back in either way.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I've got some absolutely seized nuts on my downpipe and I'm considering grabbing a set of these extractors. definitely won't attempt a reuse if I can get them off. thanks m80

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Give them heat and lots of time to soak with penetrating oil first too.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

yes. It will ruin the bolt but if you're using one of these the bolt is starting to round or is ruined anyways and you're at the point you just need it off !

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Just get up there and stomp it

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I would simply try harder, maybe hit it with your purse

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

That's just a ground homie. Just cut the wire and solder the new one to the old one.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I know it's a ground. I'm trying to replace all my battery cables and clean it up. Make it all nice before I sell.

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

It can't be tight if it's liquid

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Frick that shit - find another bolt, nearby, that's going into the block and bust that one loose, instead. Any ground point will do. Whatever you're doing, be careful not to smack into the knock sensor next to it - they can get damaged by a good rap.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Hmm, I'll have to Google what that is. This is an h3 that is known to have connectivity issues with its power and I decided to just replace all the cables instead of just the terminals since I wanted to sell it possibly. Make her nice and pretty. Been straight forward so far but this guy is a problem. But it was a reason to buy myself a nice new pretty angled rachet!!!

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

The black round thing, with a bolt stuck through it, to the right? That's a sensor that detects when your engine is knocking and dials the power WAY down. They're only about 45 bucks, but depending on the car, they can be a b***h to get off. Yours looks pretty straightforward. Toyota 4cyl's? Not so much.

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

use pb blaster then tighten it slightly loosen tighten loosen, this will slowly let the threads release.

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Rost flash pro. Lots of it. And don't put it back. It looks rounded

16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

vise grip, grab the bolt from the top and let the protruding jaws grab the wire. since its a ground it wont matter if the wire turns with the bolt. grab it really tight and one swift blow with a hammer to break it free

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

This sounds like you want me to take the nine out of the carm that's not happening. I am a simple man.

17. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

of course its rounded because a wrenchlet such as yourself cant be fricked to use the right tool for once in their pathetic little life.

get fricked i hope that bolt never comes out

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I'm just learning. I'm sorry for not being as smart as you are. Can you help? Or are you content with being a loud jersey?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Jerk* I'd bet your family just hates when you're around.

18. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

have you tried using some pentertraiting oils?
    clearly not cause its fricking bone dry you moron.
    now its rounded off, good job.
    spray lube on it, and then either try taking it off with anice pair of channel locks, or mash a smaller socket on it.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Yep I am a moron. Which is good because cars seem like a moron job. So I am at home. I'll go grab a set of rounded off sockets since I am moron. Why be mean when can be nice? You guys are insufferable when the entire society looks down on anyone who fixes their own car. Like why? Let's be friends. I don't hate you for working on your car. But apparently you feel better than other people because you have literally nothing going on in your life.
      Grow up homosexual.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

becuase we all hate ourselves and then we project our hate into others.
        before you waste money on rounded off sockets, try a smaller socket, or a nice pair of channel locks if you have the room to get a good grip there.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

I went and bought the angled socket for the sole purpose of getting in there. Ain't no way channel locks fitting in there

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *