Anonymous

"Let me go to the back and see what numbers they crunch"

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

*sit in the lobby for 45 minutes*
      "hey, can I get you a water?"

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

is it true that if you leave in the middle of one of these waiting sessions they'll chase you into the parking lot? I may have to do this dealership shit soon and I want to learn every tactic I can.

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Yeah if only Carmax wasn't so frickin overpriced though, but at least higher trade in value.
    Carvana is actually fairly decent with pricing, but lower trade in.
    Either way, dealership scum HATE those sites.

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Anons... I'm considering a devil's choice.
    >Graduate from college with IT degree
    >apply to tons of jobs but instant rejection cause no certifications or clearances
    >considering a job in sales cause IT recruiters have insane requirements for low paying jobs
    At this point I'm thinking of doing Car sales while trying to get a certification cause LinkedIN is spammy moronic shit and recruiters literally just use Ai for anything. And no, I won't consider Toyota. What should I do?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>And no, I won't consider Toyota
      Well now I'm not gonna help you

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

I'm sorry but I keep hearing how israelitey toyota dealers act for no reason. Should I even?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

the highest paying (and reliably income-generating) skill is sales. or management, whatever. but if you can git gud at selling things you'll never in your life be broke.

so I've heard.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>What should I do?

realistically, try to make friends some guys who work at dealerships and learn what you can before you just apply to a job and take it. I worked a dealership once back in 2018, and I lasted all of 2 or 3 weeks before I quit, it was a ridiculous job. And at this particular dealership, the pay structure was so convoluted that I never really understood it and you had to sell cars in the double digits to make any money. Basically you got commission from sales, BUT you had to "pay into a draw" (I never understood this terminology). What that means is, you don't get to draw any of the money from your commission until after you've earned say $1000 in commission or something. So basically the first thousand or so you'd get in commission just didn't count and you had to get $1100 to get $100 and $1200 to get $200 et cetera. Some of the guys working there were able to sell 20+ cars month and take home an extra 3k-4k (in addition to commission you earned minimum wage, which in my state at the time in 2018 was about 8 dollars an hour. So if sold 0 cars you made $8 per hour, if you sold 10 cars a month you made about $8 per hour, but if you sold more than that, then you started finally earning some comission

https://i.imgur.com/gQyJH8f.jpeg

?si=HrFKIexSxr3EhbRp

>dealer just says "you got a baby face, man"
      >buyer informs he is 28 but is self deprecating
      >"you definitely have a baby face"

just lmao what happened here, did the dealer just give up on trying to sell him the car and was trying to insult him so he'd leave? In the hopes that another, dumber customer would enter and actually agree to the ridiculous payment terms? The dealer wouldn't otherwise just outright insult the appearance of someone who wants to hand over tens of thousands of dollars would he?

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>17m

I ain't watching that. TLDW?

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>virginia
    >sounds like an indian or mexican at the beginning
    lmfao

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

my experience with car dealers is:
    - used car dealers are scum (nature of the business)
    - low tier brand dealers (ford, toyota, etc) are mostly tolerable
    - upper tier brand dealers (bmw, porsche) are a pleasure to deal with
    so as with most things, if you're having a bad experience with something, it's probably because you're poor.

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Toyota is a joke these days. Every NPC buys one because they used to be reliable in the 90s. That reputation has reached official meme status, they're pieces of dog turd now but the npcs still rush to buy them and inflate the prices. Wait til this moron finds out his hybrid battery is under a false warranty. They make you lay $200 every 20k miles to have it inspected or the warranty is void. Basically the warranty doesn't go past the first 20k miles.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>don't keep up with preventative maintenance
      >expect manufacturer to fix everything under warranty
      let me guess you also think they should fix engines that are wrecked by sludge when their dumb owners like you don't get oil and filter changes at the proscribed intervals

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

prescribed*

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

I think he means we should outlaw anyone who defers maintenance and confiscate their goods.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>because they used to be reliable in the 90s
      Post your toolbox, pro tip you don't have one.

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Did have any issues with my Tesla dealer.

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Man, the first salesman sucked ass. It was grating listening to him

10. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

could I work at a dealership and try to get fired as quickly as possible by giving people good offers before management tries to work them?

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *