>car journalist. >scratches and taps the dash with their fingernails

>car “journalist”
>scratches and taps the dash with their fingernails
>”as you can see there’s hard plastics everywhere”

Who the hell cares? Do people unironically put their hands all over the dash when they’re driving to and from work?

Tip Your Landlord Shirt $21.68

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

Tip Your Landlord Shirt $21.68

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

its fine if it's plastic as long as it looks cool and isn't like a piece of shit 90s dodge where the dash just sortof crumbles from seeing like 3 sunny days.

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I like a classy soft touch interior, it's comfy while I wait for the recovery service/tow truck.
    That's why I drive a R A N G E R O V E R

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

jej

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>like a classy soft touch interior, it's comfy while I wait for the recovery service/tow truck.
      >R A N G E R O V E R

Literally me two days ago at a roundabout. I'm thinking of scrapping it.

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>Do people unironically put their hands all over the dash
    no, but hard plastic dash is fricking ugly to look at you frog posting poorgay.

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I don't care what it is like to touch, I just don't want it to squeak and rattle

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>thread

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

yeah its stupid. journalists hold cars to standards that noone gives a shit about in the real world, but manufacturers see reviews like that and dont want bad pr. so they make the cars more expensive for all these dumbass reasons and now theres nearly no cheap poor people cars without all the bloat. I miss the days when GM would release some povertybox with engineering 10 years behind everyone else with a cheap interior then undercut the market average price by $1000, and have it be overall reliable enough. cant do that anymore

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

The getting fricked in the brain because they get a new test car every couple of months so they can appreicate something and way overhype bullshit that ends up not mattering.
      I remember for over a year the car journalists were hyping the Nissan GTR saying no other car would ever be as good and then a year later the Tesla leaves in the dust according to what they care about.

And they make up shit like saying oh this new BMW M3 makes the old one look like a slow piece of shit when in the real world the vast majority would be incredibly impressed with the old car and barely notice the difference.

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I dont even know what soft-touch means.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Means it's covered in a thin layer of rubber which will inevitably turn to a disgusting sticky gum and start to scratch/peel away after a few years

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>I am six foot five and this is my driving position
    >as you can see the back seats are a little cramped

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>the middle seat is practically useless
      >middle seat is clearly designed for a 10 year-old

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

This. How often does someone that tall also have an equally tall passenger sitting directly behind them? If anything, the tall passenger will be sitting next to the driver. Or a shorter passenger will be sitting in the passenger seat and the tall passenger will be sitting behind them.

And I never heard of anyone giving a shit about hard plastics until I started watching DeJewo's channel.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

This is releveant, because soon this will be the average male height because of heightflation

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

we need to solve it government style by redefining a foot as 14"

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Nah the best part is when they don't even give their height.
      >as you can see I have about 3 fingers above my head
      OK moron

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>muh plastic dash
    Never understood this complaint. Is a 30k car meant to be decked out with thick full grain leather?

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Luxury cars should have leather dashes.

10. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

It's not about the plastic. It's about build quality. They cheap out and use shitty subpar materials there because they figure no one will notice. If they cheap out there then they're cheaping out other places too. "Who cares if the dashboard is hard plastic" you will in 5 years when that shitty cheap plastic is cracked and rattley as hell

11. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>Boy racer

12. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Understand that most auto journalists are normie lifestyle bloggers who just like having a different brand new press car to drive around for free every week. They really jump in a car and start randomly poking parts of the interior trim because they have no idea what they're doing. They just regurgitate the press release then dedicate the rest of the article to touch surfaces, the radio, and complaining the car doesn't drive itself.

13. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>be a moron american consoomer
    >decide to waste your credit score on something as stupid as a new car
    >but before that just check youtube
    >someone said its piece of plastic
    >get physically mad
    why you are like this?

14. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>Tries to shove a 1.5lt bottle of water in every nook and cranny of the car.
    >"It's reasonably practical"
    >Shoves the center console around
    >"It seems that it's solidly built"
    >throws away the boot cover.
    >pops up the bonnet
    >"yep that's an engine alright"
    >"It's loaded with safety features"
    >Random score
    And that is every car review ever.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *