Car Security

>tfw just realised thieves can use a signal boosters to amplify your key fob signal and steal your car from the driveway while you sleep
>alarms are completely useless because of this
>they can also locate bluetooth trackers like airtags by playing a sound (literally this way by design) and throwing them out of the window
>they can also block proper GPS tracker systems with a signal jammer

So can we have a car security thread? Post any helpful tips to secure your car both in and outside your property and also tips to secure expensive car parts like catalytic converters and ECUs, preventive measures, your personal experiences, etc.

I think it might be a fun thread so keep civil and avoid saying moronic DA tier shit like " hurr just don't live in a shithole" or whatever.

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

remove the shift linkage(MT) or gear selection cable (AT) and tie rod ends every time you park your car.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

but that's too much work bro

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

You'll be wishing you did the work when Carlos and the gang come take your Civic to sell all the parts on eBay after taking it for a joyride.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Pull out your ecu and fuel pump fuse.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>gets towed with a flatbed
      >ends up in Lagos 2 months later

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

you can't beat a flatbed with a winch. you might as well just not drive the car if you're trying to avoid those.

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

just get a signal blocking box or pouch

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I just keep em in the microwave

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Nice simple idea. Good thinking Anon.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Second and cheaper option. Wrap the car keyfob into aluminum foil, then store the aluminum foil with keyfob inside away from direct sun light and high heat sources.

Killswitch, multiple if you're paranoid
      Faraday cage for your keys
      Good insurance
      A gun
      >inb4 thieves work in packs a gun won't do shit !1!!!
      Aside from literal insane people, thieves aren't going to try to rob someone with a gun, dont look like an easy lick and no ones gonna frick with you unless you pissed someone off. Open carry or not, just look like you're packing and 99% of would be thieves will pass you up.

>Killswitch.
      Better solution is 2 position ignition key, just add this to existing system and dont remove OEM ignition lock or button. Perhaps between fuel pump wiring. On old car that doesnt have immobiliser as stock then aftermarket immobiliser or 2way alarm system is proper solution.

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

i would never own a car with onstar, gps, tracking bullshit.
    i have a battery killswitch, and a motion sensing cctv system pointed at my car. i've had to go out armed and chase beaners off from trying to steal my bimmer around 10 times in my life. i don't mind another self defense rap.

>hurr just don't live in a shithole" or whatever.
    i never understood this. i live in a million dollar house in the highest cost of living city in north america and property crime is insane because the Black folk use public transport to go to rich areas to commit crime. violent crime rates are very low but property crime is worse than when i lived in the hood.
    maybe this logic is true in europe? its not in north america at all.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>rig 4000lb of AN-FO to the door handle
      >leave car unlocked

just fricking shoot them OH WAIT YOU HAVE NO GUN RIGHTS OR SD LAWS LMAO

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>people come to where i live to steal things
        >but i don't live in a shithole because my house is expensive
        you can't polish a shithole anon

[...]
        so you never sleep?

here's an example of the type of shit i used to deal with. both when i lived a few blocks from this guy in the video and when i moved out to the suburbs. i'm basically on a mountain now its the only place i've felt safe parking a car on the street or in my driveway.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>Black folk use public transport to go to rich areas to commit crime.
      They're doing this in my city and it's not even in the rich part of town, just blue collar neighborhoods. Idiots opened a cop's personal vehicle and stole stuff so now the guy has increased police attention in our neighborhood which is nice.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>he lives in a state full of non-whites
      I don't even lock my house.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Digits and we party at your house

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/iRpbAfH.jpeg

I use this one simple trick to reduce vehicle theft related crimes to 0

so you never sleep?

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Rest is for the dead

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>so you never sleep?
        hardcore isomniac never been able to my whole life.

• 1 month ago
        Greased Geese

>so you never sleep?
        you can buy 12 guage tripwire devices and place them outside your garage if you're worried about them coming at night.

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Just drive stick

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I use this one simple trick to reduce vehicle theft related crimes to 0

• 1 month ago
      [PLEBSPOTTERS] BigC

>p80
      Based

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

dont reply to me dogfricker

[...]
        so you never sleep?

I sometimes sleep, but I never relax

• 1 month ago
          [PLEBSPOTTERS] BigC

>dont reply to me dogfricker
          Stop me?
          I have nicer guns than you

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

what do you do when the thief also has one?

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Blow him

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Does having one make them invumnerable to bullets? Shoot them

Then the other thief comes out of hiding and blows your brains out
          Or you miss and the thief comes back some other day just to kill you as revenge

A car it's not worth getting into a deathly gunfight.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Busrider or rentcuck?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

just someone that doesn't think life is a movie
            the good guy doesn't always win you know

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Just shoot the other thief?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>Just shoot the other thi-ACK

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Ah yes then the 5th thief trained in deadly ninjitsu crashes through the ceiling and does their bullet-kill no jitsu that you are powerless to face in every way

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

ok manchild
            go play superhero with your gun and get wrecked. nothing of value will be lost.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Seething lmao. Give up more rights and your government will decide you are with something eventually

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Does having one make them invumnerable to bullets? Shoot them

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

stage an ambush

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Car companirs in general have had absolutely terrible trackrecore of keeping your data safe. Most sell your speech, location, cameradata to highest bidder anyway, but on top of that it also tends to leak online. Why do they even have unlimited access to sll your sensors? I remember the scandal when Tesla employee whistleblew on their colleagues sharing car user data with nudes between each other.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Renault and their subsidiary Dacia are slightly better on this regard, mainly because they're french, and thus bound by GDPR, so they'll have to ask _consent_ before being able to collect anything. Crazy right?

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Of course a corporation would *never* consider a few million dollar fine/bribe as the cost of doing business for tens or hundreds of millions of dollars. Nope, Renault is absolutely toeing the line on this. /s

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

GDPR fines are based on yearly revenue, per instance. Meta and amazon have already paid billions last year.

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>remove or put in a switch to interrupt the ASD relay
    >car will just turn the starter but won't turn on
    Easy

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>garagelets

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>literal advertisement that you have shit worth stealing

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>relay attack
    I know Toyota has a "Battery Saver Mode" that turns off broadcasting until a button is pressed. Not sure with others.
    >airtags
    Supposed to be hidden really well where it's not worth someone's while to even find the damn thing.
    >gps jammer
    If you're dealing with someone like that, it's likely a professional criminal and you need to get something that some Albanian mobster doesn't have their eye on.

You also forgot CANBUS attacks since most cars don't have compartmentalization of privileges, so thieves rip off the bumper and steal the car through the headlamp modules.

Thing is, the solution is to live in a non shithole location. If you cannot do this, seek out a vehicle that is undesirable, and also just killswitch it.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>since most cars don't have compartmentalization of privileges
      What kind of mindless apes do they have developing software there? That's not high level, that's somehing that should occur to the bootcampmaxxed zoomer.

10. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Killswitch, multiple if you're paranoid
    Faraday cage for your keys
    Good insurance
    A gun
    >inb4 thieves work in packs a gun won't do shit !1!!!
    Aside from literal insane people, thieves aren't going to try to rob someone with a gun, dont look like an easy lick and no ones gonna frick with you unless you pissed someone off. Open carry or not, just look like you're packing and 99% of would be thieves will pass you up.

11. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

That level of thieves will only go after nice cars, if you have a nice car you need to have a garage and hide it in there. If you don't have a house don't buy a nice car. You are poor, quit truing to larp and giving away your car to criminals.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>garagelets

anons... and what happens when you have to park in a public space like a supermarket parking lot? have you ever thought about that? did it really never occur to you? jesus christ

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

do your regularly leave your car unattended in a public parking lot overnight? unless you live in the People's Republic of California Black folk usually aren't so brazen to do shit like this in broad daylight in a busy highly visible public space, especially in areas where strangers may be prone to intervene and double especially if they may intervene violently.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>do your regularly leave your car unattended in a public parking lot overnight?
          irrelevant, most car thefts take 3-5 minutes tops. you go shopping for a few hours and when you come back your car is gone

>unless you live in the People's Republic of California
          DA morons go back.

> especially in areas where strangers may be prone to intervene
          ok so you're just underage kek

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>irrelevant, most car thefts take 3-5 minutes tops. you go shopping for a few hours and when you come back your car is gone
            call someone underage yet your knowledge comes exclusively from gone in 60 seconds lol. unless you get towed or drive something Korean, it's quite a bit more involved to steal a newer than 90s car than twisting some wires under the dash. even obd attacks can take 10+ minutes not including entry.

>DA morons go back.
            lol knew it

>ok so you're just underage kek
            pot meet kettle

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

I don't even live in the US moronic mutt. I haven't watched that old ass movie either.

I've had many acquaintances that have had their cars stolen in parking lots with video evidence and everything and it never takes them more than 5 minutes. And even if it takes longer 1-2 hours should be plenty enough.I don't need naive morons that think strangers will risk their lives to save my property to tell me anything.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>rages at calling California communist
            >claims he never watched an "old ass movie" from 2000 but calls others underage
            larping calicommie16yearoldzoomie pls

what kinds and years of cars did your acquaintances who got theirs stolen have, and what methods were used to steal them (obd, hotwire, stolen keys, etc)? shouldnt be too much of an ask since "many" of these incidents were apparently on video in plain daylight.

12. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

keyfob?

13. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

The answer is to just daily an 80s or 90s manual shitbox. No keyfob to clone, and with all the shit you have to do to keep it alive and driving no one will want to steal it, and won't get far if they do.

14. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>remove fuel pump relay
    >crank steering wheel with car off to engage steering lock
    >remove steering wheel
    >different locking lugs on every wheel
    >too low to tow, bumper attached with Torx bolts
    >if you manage to get past all that, the car barely runs anyway
    Man I miss those days

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *