change my mind: the "perfect car" should be a solved problem by now

cars have been pretty good for several decades by now and engineers have no excuse for simply combining the best of every brand/model and making one perfect car. there's no excuse for "these seats are uncomfortable" or "there's a weird torque dip at 4000rpm" or "suspension is too harsh/wallowy" or "the infotainment is laggy and clunky"

Stratton Oakmont Wolf of Wall Street Shirt $21.68

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

Stratton Oakmont Wolf of Wall Street Shirt $21.68

1. 4 days ago
    Anonymous

I was thinking the same thing. Why are there still so many shit cars? Surely car manufacturers should know by now what works well and what doesn't.

2. 4 days ago
    Anonymous

There is a perfect car, you just continue to buy shit cars because you're poor.

• 4 days ago
      Anonymous

Ah, makes sense.

• 4 days ago
      Anonymous

Ok rich man, tell me the perfect car

• 4 days ago
        Anonymous

The newest largest model mercedes SUV

• 4 days ago
          Anonymous

Eww

• 4 days ago
            Anonymous

It's okay to be poor just drive your Hondai or whatever it is you people drive

• 4 days ago
            Anonymous

Post car

• 4 days ago
            Anonymous

Post wiener

• 4 days ago
            Anonymous

homosexual

• 4 days ago
          Anonymous

Eww

nta but if i was rich and was riding in a car with a professional driver, i would probably choose a mercedes boat or some other $250,000 european barge.

• 4 days ago
        Anonymous

Mine.

3. 4 days ago
    Anonymous

Well such a problem is mostly unsolvable due to different use cases (sport v utility v luxury v economy)
    Some things like adjustable suspension of dual climate control or 80s pontiac 30 way power seats can help with this
    However, my issue is how in the hell do modern cars manage to shit up opposing concepts? How is the suspension both harsh and wollowy? How are the seats both hard and unsupportive? How is there both too much tech (lanekeep) and not enough tech (no touch unlock lolmao) at the same time in some cars? How is the engine smaller and more unreliable yet getting the same MPG as last year?

How do beat-to-shit malaise yachts manage to exceed the enjoyability of modern cars yet still manage to attain modern 'burban MPG with a fricking carburettor?

4. 4 days ago
    Anonymous

>one perfect car
    because there is no one single use-case for a car, moron.

5. 4 days ago
    Anonymous

It’s like saying “the perfect shoes”. From a strictly utilitarian point of view, the utility of any one pair of shoe will vary depending on the particular way they’re used. It’s the same with cars. That’s not even considering factors like personal taste, brand loyalty, regulations, market constraints, etc.

• 4 days ago
      Anonymous

op here, i guess my point is really that there's no reason for any one particular car to have flaws (like the ones i listed) because every flaw has been encountered and rectified in some other similar car

• 4 days ago
        Anonymous

>there's no reason for any one particular car to have flaws (like the ones i listed) because every flaw has been encountered and rectified in some other similar car
        every good solution still has some drawbacks
        consider:
        >cast iron block
        >durable and reliable
        >heavy
        vs.
        >aluminum block
        >light
        >less durable

your premise that a single perfect solution should be globally utilized is flawed, because depending on whether you want (for example) a reliable work truck or a fast sports car, you will use a different solution (like engine block material) which inherently will have some drawbacks.

6. 4 days ago
    Anonymous

You can put an ls in a mustang, it's pretty common actually...

• 4 days ago
      Anonymous

No thanks, I don't want a truck torque curve in my sports car

• 4 days ago
        Anonymous

Trucque curves are the best
        >pull upto drive thru in vette
        >start ordering
        >"sir your truck is too loud, could you speak up?"
        >kek x2
        never giving up my loping v8s

• 4 days ago
          Anonymous

Meh

• 4 days ago
            Anonymous

Enjoy getting passed by post menopausal Susan in her eggshit cuckover, you know you got a real sports car with that 130hp B6

• 4 days ago
            Anonymous

moronic

• 4 days ago
            Anonymous

no u

7. 4 days ago
    Anonymous

Cars are a mass manufactored product. Price is always an issue in it.

But yeah, look at something like Lexus LS. There's very little to complain ablut.

8. 4 days ago
    Anonymous

Car reviewers just b***h and moan for views and people parrot them to sound sophisticated.

• 3 days ago
      Anonymous

as well as posting the endless piss and moan threads here on DA

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *