Change your oil. And filter. >10,000 mile oil change. Who falls for this?

Change your oil. And filter.

>10,000 mile oil change
Who falls for this?

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

1. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Not my boomer ass. I still do 4-5k changes. I run Amsoil in both, the 350 gets top of the line oil with an Amsoil filter because I thrash on it. The 454 sees the low grade Amsoil with a Wix or Bosch filter, that b***h takes almost 8 quarts.

2. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Exactly, why change the engine oil when you only need to top up

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

My dad literally said this to me:
      >I don’t do a good job keeping up on oil changes, so I just fill it up as it burns oil. I figure that’s about as good
      His car had 2L / 5L capacity when I changed his oil for him…

3. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I drive 2000 miles a year, wat do

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>wat do
      Check how it looks on the stick. Time can take a toll just as much as mileage.

https://i.imgur.com/mCupDg7.jpeg

I change oil every 3k with the most expensive full synthetic because I'm autistic. I also check oil level and fluids before every drive.

>I change oil every 3k
      Hello fellow king.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

yearly oil changes

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Same. I change mine every 8 months or so.

4. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I change oil every 3k with the most expensive full synthetic because I'm autistic. I also check oil level and fluids before every drive.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>I also check oil level and fluids before every drive.
      But it's cold so it's not a good read bro

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

How is it not a good reading? all the oil has settled into the pan on a cold engine.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I think he's maybe thinking of ATF, although most modern cars will have a cold and hot level on the dipstick.

5. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

A real man changes his oil every week

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>tfw you'll never be stupidly dumb rich enough to have every single fluid changed after every drive

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

just be like that kiwi guy who does 5,000 km a week delivering newspapers

6. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>10k
    Try 20.

7. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>mobil 1 extended performance on sale
    >Buy a wix XP with it for the hell of it
    Gonna stretch my oil change interval to a cool 6k miles

8. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

You're supposed to change your oil?

9. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I sent a sample in for analysis at 5k and they told me the oil would surely last until 7500 at least.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

You're such a simple soul... You're supposed to change your oil every 1.5k miles no matter what

10. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

They do this shit when you fall for leasebait, one of the lures they use is "free oil changes" which translates to cheapest oil change every 10-15k. While I'm at it, these huge oil change intervals are for rentals with McDonald's struts exclusively. No car with double bones cars get these moron tier oil change intervals.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Can you fricking go outside dude, fricking just lol at this mental illness

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

992 GT3 RS oil change interval is 10,000 miles lol

stop replying to him dumbasses, you're giving him exactly what he wants

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

992 GT3 RS oil change interval is 10,000 miles lol

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

shits a rental, just because they put bones on this one car doesnt make it a non rental. Consider its still auto only with fake vents.

[...]
        stop replying to him dumbasses, you're giving him exactly what he wants

>STOP REPLYING OKAY
        kek, you know youre a troony with no tools. dumbass temu loving ricer.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

911 ST has the same oil change interval. And what the FRICK is a temu? That poster will never be me by the way.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

What rental agency offers a GT3RS?

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

That's almost lifetime for most owners

11. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

With 5w30 using diesel engine i could drive eternally with these oils. But you can change 0w16 triannually on your EPA certified gasoline troonbox

12. 2 weeks ago
    retard, computer ignorant

i just topped off my 00 ranger shitbox 320kmi 4cyl engine with about 0.5-1 qt of gear oil. do i need to do an oil change now? should i run the engine at all to warm up the oil or just drain?
    am i fine to run this much gear oil to the woods and back? 500mi round trip

i was due for an oil change but i figured i would just top it off when i saw a gallon oil juh that still had some in it

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Gear oil? Fricking GEAR OIL? Like 75w-90 gear oil, and you replaced 10-20% of the sump's capacity with it? Fricking moron. *Might* be fine but change it immediately afterwards. Stop at AutoZone on the way and buy a jug of 5w30 and a drain pan/container and get that shit out and put new in, ideally.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>added gear oil to engine oil
      ALSO
      would this have been a good time to add diesel to my engine bay for q quick 100-500 mile engine cleaning? thats a thing people do, isnt it?

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

you're fricking moronic.

13. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Just did last month. Still looked very clean after 2 years.
    Even had the oil pan off because that was leaking from a rust pinhole, the crank and rods looked perfect.

14. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

scotty said to change the oil
    it's cheap (compared to busted engine)

15. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Every 5k miles or one year which ever comes first.

16. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>not unplugging the oil drain plug and running a full loss oil system to make sure the oil is 100% new for every revolution of the engine

its like you hate your car

17. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I change it every 20k miles, just as BMW recommends

18. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I change oil twice a year, filter once a year.

19. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>confession time
    I forgot to change my oil for a year, and I put like 8,000 miles on it in that time. I also forgot to take a sample of the oil to get it tested.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Change it at 3k and send it to blackstone to get tested and see what they say. Mention it in the notes that you're constantly redlining it.

I sent a sample in for analysis at 5k and they told me the oil would surely last until 7500 at least.

Can someone create an oil analysis so yjak, include implications of this opinion coming from reddit. Thank you

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Can someone post a picture of this poster with a dildo up his ass to include the implication he's a moronic homosexual?

20. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Change your differential fluid, ATF/MTF fluid, all the fluids. Don't listen to shills that say doing this will "ruin" the car (How lol?). High mileage vehicles can be driven even higher using special mixtures and formulas and it's worth it if your shitbox has no resale value anyway.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Changing really old ATF fluid CAN ruin the transmission, because the friction material from the clutches winds up suspended in the fluid which if you flush out with new fluid, can cause it not to work. Although I think this can be mitigated with additives.

But yes, if your ATF is red at all (on the dipstick), it's probably safe to change. To my knowledge it's only when it's totally black it's really a concern. I've changed very dark red ATF and the transmisson was fine.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Lol no. If changing the fluid breaks the transmission it was already broken in the first place.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

yes it was, but the clutch material in the fluid was allowing it to function despite that.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

was it really though? I've never had a transmission that got fricked from changing the fluid. they've either worked just fine, i changed it, and they continued to work fine, or they were kinda shitty, i changed it, and it fixed it. the time i changed it wasn't because I changed it that fixed it though. the previous homosexual had just broken off half the rubber gasket and didn't bother replacing it.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

time i fixed it*

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous
    • 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>High mileage vehicles can be driven even higher using special mixtures and formulas and it's worth it if your shitbox has no resale value anyway.
      any more info on this?

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I think he's just referring to high mileage formulations. They won't make a night and day difference in the longevity and reliability of your car, but they have additives to help with older cars.

For example, high mileage engine oils will often have an additive that swells seals to help mitigate oil leaks.

Although at the end of the day, mileage for estimating wear and tear is kind of a meme. People just hyperfixate on it because they have little else to go on.

21. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

10,000 km oil changes for me, nothing longer

22. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Is 3,000 miles for regular and 5,000 for synthetic too soon? I have not deviated from this and my 14 year old Toyota runs like a top because of it

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

That's about standard, 3,500 on conventional 7,500 on synthetic is the absolute max.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

You can probably go to 5,000 on standard. That's what my manual says and I usually do 5,000 on synthetic blend (which in Weimerica is basically 10% synthetic).

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>inb4 SAUCE!?!?!?
        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synthetic_oil
        there's better ones out there, but I'm too lazy to look them up right now.

23. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I do it twice a year once for summer once for winter every 7,500miles roughly and top off inbetween. 5w40 mobil. Basically i do a full inspection and update twice a year including tire rotations. A car is a tool to get from a to b so I do the bare minimum to keep the tool.working.

24. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I change my oil every 5,000km. (2500miles).

25. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Just bought a new car. Never changed oil myself before. Is this sufficient if I have no tools or jacks? Do I really need to change the filter alongside every oil change? Do I not need to think about differential fluid or brake fluid?

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I wouldn't count on that for oil changes. Oil gets contaminated so you really want to get as much out as you can. The turkey baster method is usually the lazy way to do stuff like coolant and brake fluid that doesn't matter as much.

>oil filter every change
      It really just depends on the filter, what it's rated for and how high quality it is. Basically the higher the rating the higher the capacity, if you're going to do the meme 10k oil changes, don't get the cheap ones only rated for 5k, get the ones rated for 10k or more.

That said if you're doing 5k oil changes and get a 10k oil filter, it's generally safe to only replace it every other oil change. Although the only concern is that if it's a cheap filter that fails, as a failsafe the filter will have the oil bypass the actually filter, so as to not destroy the engine, however your oil's no longer getting filtered.

Just avoid FRAM and you'll probably be fine, their shit's garbage. There's tons of autistic oil filter review videos out there.

Personally I recently switched to getting the 10k or 15k Purolater filter and only replacing it every other oil change (5k). Although I haven't done an oil analysis, but I'm sure it'll be fine.

The every other oil filter change comes from when 3k oil changes were a thing, but the filters were rated for 5-6k, so it was common for people to only change the filter every other oil change.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

2/2
        also if you have no tools or jacks, see if you can even get to your oil filter without raising the car up.
        >brake and differential fluid.
        not for a while. ideally you're suppose to do brake fluid every 2 years or something, but nobody actually does that. If you do the turkey baster method, might as well since it's easy.
        coolant lasts like 75k miles.

One thing that'll make oil changes easier is a fumoto valve, it replaces your oil drain plug and lets you just flip a level to drain the oil.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

2/2
        also if you have no tools or jacks, see if you can even get to your oil filter without raising the car up.
        >brake and differential fluid.
        not for a while. ideally you're suppose to do brake fluid every 2 years or something, but nobody actually does that. If you do the turkey baster method, might as well since it's easy.
        coolant lasts like 75k miles.

One thing that'll make oil changes easier is a fumoto valve, it replaces your oil drain plug and lets you just flip a level to drain the oil.

Just read some advice elsewhere that the first two oil changes are the most important, I'm thinking if I should let the dealer service it a couple times

26. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Oil is cheap
    An engine rebuild is not
    Why wouldn't you do it, unless you're a lease gay or you trade your car every 2-3 years

27. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

3k miles. Walmart supertech synthetic and filter lol

28. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

My old boy didnt even last 1000km oil wise because carby died
    Got it all to do

29. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

i drive around 100 miles every day and i change my oil every 4 months or so

30. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I only drive about 3500 miles a year so I just do once yearly oil changes. And I only change the filter every other oil change. 🙂

31. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I only drive 200-250 miles a month but my truck is missing 3rd and 4th gear so I'm almost always redlining, how often should I change oil?

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Change it at 3k and send it to blackstone to get tested and see what they say. Mention it in the notes that you're constantly redlining it.

32. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I go at least 10,000miles between oil changes on my diesels. The truck takes nearly 5 gallons of oil. The filter is from a caterpiller diesel engine and can last a couple changes. This oil is $45 a gallon.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *