>Cheaper. >Burns cleaner. >Sustainable for the environment. >Gives extra HP boost

>Cheaper
>Burns cleaner
>Sustainable for the environment
>Gives extra HP boost
>Makes car smell like whiskey

Why haven't you taken the e85 pill DA?

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

Tip Your Landlord Shirt $21.68

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

car smell like whiskey
    What's the point of that if i can't drink it?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

it's like burning fryer oil as you drive past fatties. they start seething as the smell of french fries wafts past them

• 3 weeks ago
      [PLEBSPOTTERS] BigC

I have a bottle of E100, it shows up to the loading racks in rail cars, they blend it with the gasoline from the pipeline then load it into trucks and it gets delivered to gas stations
      I've tried a drop of it on my tongue and it's pretty fricking intense, it tastes like sour mash and it burns like hell, more burn than any other alcohol you'll ever taste

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I took a shot of 190 proof Everclear (E95) one time. It was not pleasant and something I will never do again. My throat burned for days.

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Cuz I don't want to void my warranty but once it's over I definitely will for some easy power

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

My Town Car can use it, should I?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

No, you'll take a noticeable hit in fuel economy. E85 while being extremely knock resistant is less energy dense than gasoline.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

The juice isn’t worth the squeeze unless you plan on modifying your car to take advantage of it. On a stock modular you might see a tiny increase from running more timing but not enough to offset the cost of at the very least injectors, fuel pump, maybe fuel lines and a tune. You need high compression or boost for e85 to really shine.

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Gives extra HP boost
    if you tune for it, it does frick all on it's own. And it's shit for a daily driver, especially if you short trip constantly, the shit will jel your oil.

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Normies think E85 gives them worse fuel mileage because they are thinking about the BTU of the fuel instead of fuel injected combustion. The computer in the car don't change the fuel flow of the injection so the fuel amount will not burn any more than petroleum fuel. The real consequence of E85 is changing the overall profile of the engine torque and power and that is kept to the tuners themselves. Mechanical Carburetor Tuners fear E85 and basically you are stupid. MPG should be a 0 factor to untuned E85 and all it will do is mess with the emission system with additional carbon blow by. E85 in a full petrol engine is the same as 95RON in a low compression engine.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Wrong. Lambda = 1 is stoichiometric mixture regardless of fuel, for gasoline ~14.7:1 AFR, for E85 ~9.8:1 AFR. Mathematically this means more fuel less air for a stoichiometric mixture with E85, that's why it yields far worse fuel economy. You objectively need larger injectors to make the same amount of power on E85 vs 93 pump gas, even the dumbest tuners know this. What you do get is just get more power and torque POTENTIAL with it because with a higher effective octane rating you can achieve higher peak cylinder pressure (direct relation to torque) without detonation. If you have two identical states of tune (deliberately achieve the same torque curve) you will need more fuel on E85, if you have a fixed power requirement (i.e. it takes 40hp for you to go 75mph on the highway) you will use more fuel to make that power on E85 therefore your fuel economy will be much lower.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

moron alert.

Wrong. Lambda = 1 is stoichiometric mixture regardless of fuel, for gasoline ~14.7:1 AFR, for E85 ~9.8:1 AFR. Mathematically this means more fuel less air for a stoichiometric mixture with E85, that's why it yields far worse fuel economy. You objectively need larger injectors to make the same amount of power on E85 vs 93 pump gas, even the dumbest tuners know this. What you do get is just get more power and torque POTENTIAL with it because with a higher effective octane rating you can achieve higher peak cylinder pressure (direct relation to torque) without detonation. If you have two identical states of tune (deliberately achieve the same torque curve) you will need more fuel on E85, if you have a fixed power requirement (i.e. it takes 40hp for you to go 75mph on the highway) you will use more fuel to make that power on E85 therefore your fuel economy will be much lower.

Correct.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

If you put e85 in a car that isn't setup to handle it in anyway it'll barely run. The ecu will be programmed to maintain an airfuel ratio of 14.7:1. Running an afr of 14.7 with e85 will blow your engine the frick up.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Damn you really ought to know a thing or two about cars and tuning before you say shit. Reality ism't like your whiteboard calculations and 14.71 is deep in the red on any AFR gauge regardless of fuel.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

14.68 is gasoline stoich what the frick are you talking about.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

No-tools, ricer

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>everything you said
      Basically wrong god damn if I was board admin I'd have banned half of you and all namegays years ago.

>the computer don't (sic) change the fuel flow
      Lmao fricking moron.

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

This is pretty interesting video to watch, ethanol in old Toyota 4A-GE engine.

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

E85 destroys engines.
    It also supports big corn.
    With ethanol you lose.

Simple as

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>E85 destroys engines.
      No it doesnt unless you run engine too lean mixture. many Americans, Brazil, european(finland, france) have been using E85 in their +10 years without destroyed engines. Many of those cars in europe are equipped with flexfuel conversion kits on cars that used to be gasoline cars. Kys you moron.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>european(finland, france)
        If you're going to mention specific countries, I think Sweden might be ahead of Finland in this regard.
        There are plenty of stations selling E85 in Finland, but new cars aren't usually fitted for flexfuel/E85. And if you modify the vehicle too much after purchase, you'll probably lose the warranty and have to pay extra to get your changes inspected and road legal. Might actually be easier to do with an older car since their inspection requirements are pretty loose. Assuming the ethanol doesn't frick them up somehow.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>Sweden.
          My bad. I completely forgot that Subaru sells flexfuel converted cars in Sweden that most other countries never did get. These are Subaru "XFuel" vehicles.
          https://www.subaru.se/kopa-aga/xfuel
          https://www.blocket.se/annonser/hela_sverige/fordon?cg=1000&q=subaru+xfuel

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Big corn = white people getting my money
      Big oil = browns getting my money

Simple as.

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>sustainable
    Completely false. Fossil fuels are used to grow, harvest, refine, and transport the fuels. Corn monoculture is destroying the nation’s topsoil and we are headed for another dustbowl soon. corn is an extremely inefficient fuel source and it’s only made viable through government gibs to farmers

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Farmers are the biggest gov't leaches. Welfare queens have nothing on these SOBS.
    >grow corn
    get paid
    >don't grow anything (CRP)
    get paid
    >stuff doesn't grow
    get paid (crop inurance)
    >Want a new 80k truck or 30k SxS? Write it off as business expense.
    get paid

True story:
    "I'm putting up a 300k outbuilding because if I don't I'm only getting a check for 700k Instead of 1m"

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>I'm putting up a 300k outbuilding because if I don't I'm only getting a check for 700k Instead of 1m"
      That's dumb because you ended up with the same amount but increased your expense by the upkeep of a frickoff huge $300k glorified shed next year.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

He just increased the value of his property by 300k and won't have to pay jack-shit in taxes on it because Ag taxes are already so low it's a joke.

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

My 5.0 f150 can run e85 but I don't primarily because I can't find the shit within 100 miles except for one gas station in my city. So if I ever go anywhere and need to fill up, I'll have to switch back to regular gas, and I don't wanna frick up anything by constantly switching between fuels.
    Also my daily commute is only 3 miles each way so I'm concerned about sludge buildup from e85 if the engine doesn't get hot enough.

If it weren't for those things I'd use it because it gives +30 HP and doesn't impact fuel economy too much in my experience.

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>corrodes aluminium
    >absorbs moisture
    >needs entire fuel system replaced
    WAOW OP SIGN ME UP!!!!

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>corrodes aluminium.
      Cars have used galvanized, ethanol resistant materials in cars engines for decades now.
      >absorbs moisture.
      Not an issue in 2000+ cars. Cars fuel systems are better sealed and closed so no moisture goes in fuel system that easily than old cars. fuel injectors, EVAP, fuel tank(the inner cover) Look into fuel tank as one example when put the gas station fuel fill pistol into the fuel tank, theres literally a cover that opens when you begin filling up the fuel tank, then closes when you take fuel fill pistol out.
      >needs entire fuel system replaced.
      not in modern cars because modern cars fuel systems are also made for ethanol blends. Rubber fuel systems were phased out long time ago as emissions reduction to reduce fuel vapor leaks.

You are idiot.

Damn you really ought to know a thing or two about cars and tuning before you say shit. Reality ism't like your whiteboard calculations and 14.71 is deep in the red on any AFR gauge regardless of fuel.

Stoichiometric for gasoline 14.7

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Aw hell I've been chasing an indicated 14.35 stoich / .975 lambda in my data for a some time and forgot it's beacuse gas is all 5-10% eth.
        Someone slap me I'm dumb as shit.

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Cheaper
    Not where I am. I think Ohio levies the same tax per gallon on e85 as they do gasoline, and since it's something like 30% less energy per gallon it winds up being much more per mile driven. For the record I just filled up at $3.09

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Here in phoenix, it's literally 50 cents cheaper than the cheapest gas. So 3.50 instead of $4 a gallon

13. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

not available in Germany

14. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I'd run it if my truck was flexfuel'd and I lived near an e85 pump, but its not and I don't lol

15. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Mucho expensivo. LPG is my choice of fuel

16. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

My owners manual says my engine was designed for high octane gasoline.

17. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Why haven't you taken the e85 pill DA?
    It's horrible for my engine

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *