Chinese Motorcycles

CSC imports these Zongshen motorcycles to California and sells them as CSC Motorcycles. They are based on Hondas but cheaper, was looking at a dual sport for highway and off-road use.

Heard they are pretty robust and run well, not much electronics either, some turn them into supermotos like other dual sports. Is street legal for the highway and can do trails, backroads, country roads. Thoughts?

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

Black Rifle Cuck Company, Conservative Humor Shirt $21.68

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

1. 5 days ago
    Anonymous

These Kawasaki dual sports are good, but cost nearly three times as much. Some have been modified to run on diesel for long distance riding.

• 5 days ago
      Anonymous

A klr650 is a much bigger engine, better quality control, better for highway use, still plenty capable and the 2022+ models have fuel injection. Brand new they only cost $7k and you can find 2-3 year old klr's for 4-5k. An older klr can be had for around $1500 and it will probably be better value for money vs a 150cc dual sport from china. Best case with a chinese bike is it gives you no problems and rattles/vibrates. Worst case with a klr is its still running in 50 years and on its 500th owner with no issues. Funny thing is ktm's are chinese and there hasn't been much of a change in reputation for reliability

• 5 days ago
        Anonymous

I hate that ugly headlight housing contraption

2. 5 days ago
    Anonymous

an XR150 is $3k
    are you really that poor that you cant afford an extra $500

• 5 days ago
      Anonymous

XR150 is 10 horses, TT250 is 16, not even the same power bike. And yes, I am that poor. Cheaper to repair and buy in quantity as well, that's my logic at least. Interested to hear if anyone else has ridden these or have experience with them.

• 5 days ago
        Anonymous

the XR is 12 and i doubt that chinese motor is making anywhere near what they say it is

• 5 days ago
        Anonymous

if you're that poor you shouldn't be buying a motorcycle

• 5 days ago
          Anonymous

I do not have any form of transportation, and I don't want to take out a loan. I walk an hour in the sun to pull 10+ hour shifts in the sun doing physical labor without breaks, this is probably the cheapest transport I can access that can ride on the highways and through the mountains.

• 5 days ago
            Anonymous

Have no credit, I don't borrow money or participate in usury. Can get some crappy loan on some overpriced new model pickup with a bunch of stuff in it that you don't even need, or a cheap motorcycle that runs and gets me to work.

• 5 days ago
            Anonymous

>>>/n/
            get a bicycle from Craigslist

• 5 days ago
            Anonymous

I actually had a pedal street bike when I was homeless in a large city, cost me 200 bucks and I had to dump it when I moved. It worked well for living in the city, but it is not practical for highway travel and backroads, let alone moving quickly through the mountains. Do not live in the city anymore either, live out in the woods.

• 5 days ago
            Anonymous

Have you considered a bus pass?

• 5 days ago
            Anonymous

I live in a small town and work out in the country

>cheaper to repair
            how long do you intend to keep it? good luck finding parts in 5 years for this disposable shitheap

For my whole life ideally, repair it myself

• 5 days ago
            Anonymous

>this is probably the cheapest transport I can access that can ride on the highways and through the mountains.
            no
            a ~10hp chinese shitbike will not be highway worthy
            I would be surprised if they can do 40mph up a slight hill

what state do you live in?

• 5 days ago
        Anonymous

>cheaper to repair
        how long do you intend to keep it? good luck finding parts in 5 years for this disposable shitheap

• 5 days ago
      Anonymous

Guess who makes the XR150 buddy

>Sundiro Honda Motorcycle Co., Ltd. (SDH) is a joint venture between Honda Motor Co., Ltd. and Sundiro Investment Ltd., a private capital company in China

3. 5 days ago
    Anonymous

>They are based on Hondas
    You mean it's a cheap knockoff of a Honda.

• 5 days ago
      Anonymous

No same Honda frames try again

4. 5 days ago
    Anonymous

If you open the engine you'll most likely find so many metal chips you'd think it was assembled next to a running lathe.

• 5 days ago
      Anonymous

Most of what I've encountered is blasting or tumbling media from a deburring or cleaning process, as well as casting media (sand).

The bearings tend to have what looks like black sand in them, and use the thinnest, cheapest grease I've seen outside a kitchen. What I suggest to someone looking to throw money at one of these bikes is to thoroughly flush the engine and gearcase with kerosene, then put in the best oil they can afford.
      Then, replace EVERY sealed bearing assembly in the bike with something of known quality.

The better course is to buy a used bike of known quality, and avoid the headaches you will suffer dealing with some of the other ridiculous issues I've seen in these cheap Chinese bikes and scooters. (Wiring and the electrical fixtures tend to be absolute shit, but not as shitty as the lack of QC in the engines or bearings)

5. 5 days ago
    Anonymous

Take the expected lifetime of a Japanese motorcycle. Divide by 10. This is the expected lifetime of a Chinese motorcycle.

Buying a Chinese bike is the epitome of "a short term gain for a long term loss". So be smart and just don't do it.

• 5 days ago
      Anonymous

Indeed

6. 5 days ago
    Anonymous

take the vitpill
    find a vitpilen 401, they're less than 4k new

but actually, you should be able to find a used kawasaki z400, yamaha mt-03 or CB300r for ~3-4k
    basically any established brand will have cheap parts and be far easier to fix, and more importantly since you apparently live in the middle of nowhere
    these bikes will be able to hold 65mph without bouncing off the limiter and shaking your dick off

the only reason to buy a chink bike would be if you expect it to only work for a few weeks and then literally throw it away
    they are disposable garbage and I have never once seen one that even approached being worth what they are charging for

• 5 days ago
      Anonymous

>OP wants a dual sport
      >Just buy a standard bro they're cheap

Brav/o/

• 5 days ago
        Anonymous

>I do not have any form of transportation, and I don't want to take out a loan. I walk an hour in the sun to pull 10+ hour shifts in the sun doing physical labor without breaks

it sounds like he wants something to get his ass to work and back

7. 5 days ago
    Anonymous

these kinds of three wheeled enclosed motorcycles are somewhat popular in china and india, and you can regularly find them on alibaba for like $2000
    does anyone import them to the US? ive always wanted to frick around in one

8. 4 days ago
    Anonymous

Mexigay here, so back here on mexico zongshen sells a lot of these bikes. I cannot reccomend them, not because theyre bad motorcycles but because theyre chinesse honda knockoffs.

If you are really that desperate to get a bike, go for the 250cc model. The engine on these bikes is based on an old honda model (The OHV to be exact) and they are tough but no good highway speeds tho.

They run on carbs, tube tires, allogen lights, 5 gears, theyre quite slow and dont have torque to be fun enough, also the frame and other metal components rust and bent away very very easily.

You get what you pay for, it cant go any better for what you are paying lol

Just be pattient, save more money and buy a used small displacement japannese dual sport. (Also the Honda XR 150 is way better option)

9. 4 days ago
    Anonymous

I had a dual sport zongshen with a 250(229.5) balanced engine, they are quite common in my third world country. They are reliable and have very similar quality to bottom end suzukis/hondas(like xr150). However if you are in the US and in search of cheap transportation just buy some used cbr300r or ninja300, the zongshen engine can't keep up after around 50mph, don't believe all the cope some owners says, most of them heavily mod them which is not worth it. Mine top speed was around 65mph on downhill and the engine really not liked it. If you really want a dual sport search for a real jap, an used serrow 225 or xt250 is generations ahead of these chinese dual sports.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *