CT4: 3.6 Turbo V6 + 6 speed manual

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>SOVLFVL ENGINE + SOVLVSS TRANS
      >SOVLVSS ENGINE + SOVLFVL TRANS
      thats actually a really good question

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

to follow up on that i would say the IS. if we say the engine/trans roughly cancel each other out, youd have to default to other criteria/overall criteria and choose the IS because its just a better overall car. now if it were say the es vs ct5 i would choose the ct5 everyday, thats easy, esp if you go up to the blackwing. but here i would put the is over the ct4. but then again it matters how much you weight the manual. is auto a dealbreaker for you?

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>roughly cancel each other out
          With the Cadillac, I could derive more enjoyment from the engine with aftermarket exhausts, so it sounds better. Never going to be as good as a V8, though.
          But if I go with the Lexus, I will forever have to miss out on the enjoyment of rowing through gears. No way to compromise there.
          Just a perspective.

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>https://strawpoll.com/7rnzm1YmWyO

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Guess I go pushing the Cadillac CT4-V Blackwoman. I'll name her Sheniqua.

Lexus? Sheesh, reminds me of the parking lot in front of an Asian nail salon, a sea of Lexus cars and SUVs. Grrrr Tiger mom, hard pass.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

What does this mean, can someone else explain?

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous
    • 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Lexus? Sheesh, reminds me of the parking lot in front of an Asian nail salon
      bro doesnt want to bang asians

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

No, not at all, I just notice Lexus is the default Asian lady automotive purchase. And the ones I work with, except one drives a MDX. Rest are all Lexus.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/fNJ9voO.jpeg

No, not at all, I just notice Lexus is the default Asian lady automotive purchase. And the ones I work with, except one drives a MDX. Rest are all Lexus.

Be honest, how much ch*ld p*rn do you have on your computer ?

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

neither really has an appreciable amount of sovl but I guess the caddy has a bit more

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

ct4 with a manual will holds its value better than the is. probably more fun to drive too.
    is sounds better. built better too. not really a fan of the 500s, a later model gsf would be my choice over it.

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>more SOVL?

Definitely the Cadillac. The Lexus is probably going to be more reliable though.

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

The CT4V definitely has more soul. Yes it's probably going to break down but that's part of soul. It's got similar appeal as the Giulia but with a manual which makes it infinitely more soulful and rare in the modern day.

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Buy a Camaro, homosexual. Your anime pillows will easy fit in the back seat.

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

RC F
    You don't need 4 doors on your rwd v8 car
    Get a Corolla if you need backdoors

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

For some reason the RCF is like $85k, whereas IS 500 safely just below $70k.

The CT4V definitely has more soul. Yes it's probably going to break down but that's part of soul. It's got similar appeal as the Giulia but with a manual which makes it infinitely more soulful and rare in the modern day.

ct4 with a manual will holds its value better than the is. probably more fun to drive too.
      is sounds better. built better too. not really a fan of the 500s, a later model gsf would be my choice over it.

>more SOVL?

Definitely the Cadillac. The Lexus is probably going to be more reliable though.

neither really has an appreciable amount of sovl but I guess the caddy has a bit more

The caddy's transmission has sovl but the engine doesn't
      The lexus's engine has sovl but the transmission doesn't
      I want a forever car, not something to trade away in 4 years

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Just get a preowned LC at that point.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

I love the LC but the exotic-tier tiny trunk space really makes it impractical as a do-everything forever car. Like you can't even fit luggage in the trunk if you're going to do some traveling or need to pick someone up from the airport.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

If you really want something to own forever then why is a GM V6 twin turbo with one off parts in the running

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

True. But any modern car with proper maintenance should at least make it to 200k miles right?

https://i.imgur.com/1IXVylZ.jpeg

Just get a preowned LC at that point.

I'm aware of the existence of pre-owned cars, this isn't some massive revelation.

as an avid enjoyer of sports sedans, out of these two i would get the lexus because V8. not in that color though.

I like Caviar and Infrared

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

cloudburst gray would probably be my choice because dark gray with black accents looks sick.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

NPC color.

CT5-V
            or Lexus if you want good MPG.
            good color choices though.

It's the CT4 blackwing.
            And i dont think the 5.0 V8 lexus gets good gas mileage

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

says the guy who wants one in all black.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

No I would switch out the wheels to the Enkei wheels

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>buying aftermarket enkei wheels when BBSs are stock options

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

aftermarket enkei wheels
            Those ARE the stock wheels, the BBS wheels are an "optional" upgrade, and it just so happens that almost all IS 500s for sale have this option, because manufacturers are moronic and have to load up every option and highest trim level in what they produce to make a bigger profit.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

the base wheels are enkies? and you'd buy a car with BBSs and swap them for these base enkies? am i understanding you correctly?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

True, but those are nice stock wheels.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

the CT5 Blackwing come with a supercharged v8. NA V8 gets better gas mileage than the supercharged one.
            Anon shouldn't get the ct4 the 6 cylinder from GM is a throw away plastic oil pan garbage engine.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

That's $100k. Anon can't afford that.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Well I was comparing two sub $70k sedans lol, if I could afford the CT5 blackwing I would.
            But actually, it would be between the CT5-blackwing vs LC 500.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

well if you wanna just compare new MSRP to each other your better off with the Lexus for enjoyment and longevity.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I owned an LC and would get low 30's on the hwy, no cylinder deactivation or anything

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Anything but npc gray

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>any modern car with proper maintenance should at least make it to 200k miles

Turbos usually have lifespans of 120-160,000 miles

GM Timing Chains 70-120,000 miles.

ISFs go 300,000 miles on oil changes other than some small bullshit issues like valley plate gasket

Alternatively look at G80 M3s, especially in RWD 6MT. BMWs are unironically the only real long term "for life" car other than Lexus because they have a high degree of parts sharing, lots of them sold (probably 10 M3s get sold to every Blackwing), and a huge aftermarket/support base so literally every mechanic in the world has wrenched on a M3 at some point (or at least had one in their shop) within 5 years

A base stripper M3 is likely gonna be past your budget if you can find one though

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Sounds like you should try to find a good condition Chevy SS.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Australian parts money pit car. Not spending 50 grand or more on something a decade old.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Then get a GT350 you pussy. You say you want soul but it sounds like you want an elaborate Camry in which case get the Lexus.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I'm asking opinions between two (2) cars, and instead i get suggestions like chevy SS, gt500, model 3 tesla, camaro, rcf.
            I don't understand what i'm supposed to do to make it more clear that I'm not interested in cars besides the two ones i mentioned.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

honestly m8 youre being unreasonable. the chevy ss is really the perfect solution to your problem. ive already said my two cents. the IS is a better car, but if you have to have the manual get the ct4. otherwise its up to you

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>the IS is a better car
            Thanks, that's what I needed to hear.
            >the chevy ss is really the perfect solution
            I get it, man. I know this car exists. But the fact of the matter is that GTOs, SSs, G8s, these Australian cars cost a lot of money for how old they are, and can have German-tier parts costs.
            I really want to spend $50k to buy a relatively low mileage manual SS, but unfortunately, I couldn't guarantee that I'd be getting my money's worth.

10. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

as an avid enjoyer of sports sedans, out of these two i would get the lexus because V8. not in that color though.

11. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

you tell me, which one of these is from 2024 and which one is from 2014?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous
      • 1 month ago
        Anonymous

so you can choose from a 10 year old car that's been through two refreshes, or an american car with an interior that looks like a FCA product

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

FCA products have better looking interiors than Lexus tbh.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

ok stevie wonder

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

That pic looks good though

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

disgusting interior looks like an europoor econobox when will cadilac make a proper land yacht again?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>proper land yacht again
            Sorry chud, that wouldn't meet EPA and pedestrian safety standards first of all and secondly the wealthy car market has spoken, German car interiors are what's popular nowadays and what potential lease owners want.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Maybe I'm not ready to enter the premium car market, because this legitimately looks good to me lol. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be disgusted about.
          My last car was a ducking cobalt FFS haha.

the base wheels are enkies? and you'd buy a car with BBSs and swap them for these base enkies? am i understanding you correctly?

Yep. They look better. Black wheels look ugly to me. Don't care if they are lighter or whatever.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

you're entitled to your tastes but fyi they are terrible.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>My last car was a ducking cobalt
            I feel less interested in your predicament then. A Camry would be nicer. Just pick whichever one you want.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

If you are considering buying one of these, why haven't you gone and driven them? You say you can't afford the G80 or Alfa QV, but you can get a lease trade in of one of those for well under 70k with warranty left anyway. Just go drive all the cars you can. You will quickly realize how poor the quality of the Blackwing is and how boring the IS is. If you still like one of them, buy it.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

He doesn't want seats somebody already farted in.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You've thing cars are conjured by wizards into dealerships? Never heard of a factory, logistics, PDIs, test drives? A 300lb railyard mutant blasted a gas station hotdog and Coors Light powered fart into that brand new car guaranteed.

Also, why the frick would anyone buy an IS500 over the Model 3 Performance, which is similarly boring, but WAY quicker, WAY better handling, and $15k cheaper? The IS500 makes zero sense to me, I'm surprised they've sold a single one.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Seat is covered in plastic wrap until it reaches its dealer destination, evtroony

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I have never in my life been able to look at an odometer and think about how every single mile driven was myself. All the maintenance and repairs needed to the car was done by someone who cared for it. Call it autism, IDC.

You've thing cars are conjured by wizards into dealerships? Never heard of a factory, logistics, PDIs, test drives? A 300lb railyard mutant blasted a gas station hotdog and Coors Light powered fart into that brand new car guaranteed.

Also, why the frick would anyone buy an IS500 over the Model 3 Performance, which is similarly boring, but WAY quicker, WAY better handling, and $15k cheaper? The IS500 makes zero sense to me, I'm surprised they've sold a single one.

Model 3 is an apple watch, Is 500 is a rolex

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I get it, but it's still less to worry about, considering most if not all the maintenance was done by the dealer, especially on a lease return.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Is 500 is a rolex
            Lol, it's a Seiko Pepsi that you are praying someone mistakes for a Rolex GMT (but nobody ever will).

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>grapes

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I own a GMT Master II and multiple cars far more expensive than that Toyota shitbox - don't get too excited about your pretend dream car yet anon. There is not a single thing better about the IS F compared to the Model 3 Performance - it's an absolute blowout. If you want a plain jane smallish sedan that's also fast there's only one intelligent option.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I know you're trolling, but let me make it clear to you, I want to hear a deep, rumbling V8 motor when I accelerate. It's not about the speed.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>let me make it clear to you
            You sure have some strong opinions for someone that hasn't driven a single one of these cars. It's quite clear you are not going to buy anything anyway, enjoy your Cobalt and pondering JPEGs of stuff you can't afford.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You are the ultimate LARPer. Every single thread where certain cars are discussed for their performance or quality, and you just shit it up by spamming about the Tesla model 3. Frick off, homosexual. I asked for a comparison of two cars, because I know what I am looking for. I'm not going to consider your EV shitbox. Make your own thread if you want to advertise it so badly next time.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Is 500 is a rolex
            Toyota is not equivalent to Rolex lmao

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Both of these cars don't really show up often at your local dealership, especially Blackwings with manuals. Would possibly have to be a whole road trip to test drive one. Of course, I will definitely test drive both before buying, but there's no harm on making a thread on 4chins before that to see if anyone has insight over long term aspects that aren't gotten through a test drive.

>My last car was a ducking cobalt
            I feel less interested in your predicament then. A Camry would be nicer. Just pick whichever one you want.

Yeah I mean I mainly care about no squeaks and rattles at this price point, not necessarily high quality materials everywhere. Repetitive squeaking sounds coming from some corner of your car has given me PTSD. Everything just needs to feel solid, well put together.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/yd61F4v.jpeg

based. all manufacturers would be better off putting mid 2010s interiors back in their cars.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/yd61F4v.jpeg

old good new bad unironically
      any further questions?

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

i can't even see a difference in the models much less the years. Why does every car interior look the same post 2015.

12. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Why is it that no car manufacturer can make a sports car with good gas mileage? or even a proper hybrid if needed? Why is it that you have to go down to boring sedans to get that?

Shouldn't these sports cars be more aero to begin with and lend themselves to getting better mileage?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

High power means lower MPGs, you're literally asking for more energy per second. It comes from burning more fuel.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Sure, but why can't they just make sport car models with smaller engines that are fuel efficient? That way you still get the sporty look, but for people who don't RP as street racers from fast and furious or go to a local track on the weekends. Lets be real, majority of the time it's the look that sells people, majority of sport car users probably barely ever use their engine to their fullest because of laws and traffic and shit.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Good news, they do. You just can't afford them.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

sorry but if you unironically care about fuel consumption then you are too broke for these cars

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Owning a sports car has nothing to do with wealth until you get into the very expensive ones (lambos, etc). Go to any hood and you'll find broke homies with fancy cars that they financed out the ass for while living in their projects

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

But someone who does make good financial decisions and buys a $70k car the right way, will not have trouble paying for premium fuel getting 17 MPG.

>Is 500 is a rolex
          Toyota is not equivalent to Rolex lmao

What do you drive ?

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Look at the Volvo S60 Recharge, it has really good mileage and performance (but it's heavy so I would call it a luxury sedan, not a sports car)

13. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

CT5-V
    or Lexus if you want good MPG.
    good color choices though.

14. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I've driven the Blackwing, not the IS500 because obviously I'm not dumb enough to spend more than $25k on a Toyota. The Blackwing is fricking garbage. Incredible suspension, really good seats, everything else is just cheap shit, feels like a cheap rental, looks like a cheap rental, steering is trash, sound is trash, power delivery is garbage, traction control sucks. Also drove the Alfa Quadrifoglio and G80 M3 in the same week, it's hilarious to me anyone compares the Blackwing to those cars, the Blackwing is closer to a salvage title Caprice than either of those cars, lightyears away from the quality and driving experience.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>reply

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

does your dad also work at nintendo.

>in disbelief someone actually went to a dealership to test drive a car

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Which one did you buy?

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

does your dad also work at nintendo.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>feels like a cheap rental, looks like a cheap rental,
      I don't care too much about this considering I've only driven pre-2010 shitboxes my entire life, so literally anything modern would feel like a rolls
      >sound is trash
      Turbos make it sound like a vacuum cleaner in videos ;-;
      >power delivery is garbage
      Turbo lag? Feels non linear?
      I agree there's a ton of keyboard warriors who have never step foot in an IS 500, blackwing, m3, or anything of the sort who love to make comments about which is better kek. However that and the alfa are out of my price range. With the m340i, I get neither a sovlful v8 or a sovl tremec manual.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>Turbo lag? Feels non linear?
        Any really fast, highly turbo'd, highly traction controlled car is going to have those characteristics, there's a cacophony of intervention by the car every time you really get on it otherwise it would be undriveable. Just go try it for yourself.

Which one did you buy?

I gave up on new cars and anything with a turbo after these last few months of driving all these new cars (drove a bunch of other stuff as well in the 80-100k price range). I'm going to go check out a 991.1 Carrera this week and if I don't like that will get a 575 Maranello.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Brown fingers typed this post
      You will never be white

15. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

im a JDM fan but i have to go with the caddy here,the lexus looks like an NPC car

16. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

drove a 350 just to see the hype last summer since i was in love the exterior. both the most cramped sedan ive driven; even my back passengers had no leg room. and the dumbest infotainment system ever - so bad i just dropped it from consideration

17. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

CT5, but in this case, the Lexus. This coming from someone with a similar, albeit older, but more importantly real car

18. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Who the frick pays $70k for jap crap? Everybody knows jap crap is for poorgays that drive 4 cylinders

19. 4 weeks ago
    Dog car

Caddy. Looks better and is probably the last performance sedan with a manual.

20. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Back when i was in the market for the IS500 they wouldn't let you near the waitlist unless you had 15k to put down over msrp. so i test drove the IS350
    >auto is miserable
    >interior is unremarkable
    >ride is meh
    >overall just a nice looking appliance car that's rwd

I've ridden in the GS F and i know what more the V8 will bring to the car, and i know the auto isn't exactly the same between the 500 and lesser models, but really to me the IS 500 just seems overall not that cool of a car people think it is.
    I need to test drive the blackwing, but going off reviews that seems like a much more driver oriented car.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Thanks for the insight.
      just a nice looking appliance car that's rwd
      Honestly, I do kind of want this. I don't plan to ever go onto a race track, just something refined to drive after a long day of work.
      I don't think the Caddy will be uncomfortable by any means, but I don't care for the "driver oriented" engineering it'd have over the Lexus. What makes the Caddy faster on a track, the engineering gone into the differential, the chassis, etc., I can't really appreciate.
      There's two things car people have automatic superiority complexes over, categories which solidify people's confidence in their purchases.
      1. Having a V8. You don't care if a twin turbo V6 car "gaps" you. You don't care about how slow your car is in general. You're the one with the big engine under the hood.
      2. Having a manual. You don't care if you're slower or your engine is shittier, because you're rowing through the gears yourself at the end of the day.
      I think I fall into the first category but not the second.
      In other words, if I owned the Caddy, all it would take is for a kid in his Mustang GT to rev his engine and I'd feel regret about my purchase. But if I owned the Lexus and saw someone having fun rowing through gears, I would still feel regret about my slushbox, but maybe not as much.
      So overall, unfortunately, it comes down to which purchase will give you less feelings of buyers' remorse or regret, engine-wise or transmission-wise. And I have to lean towards the Lexus here.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Regarding the refined driving portion i don't think the IS500 is there tbh.
        It's still an IS, a 30-40k entry level luxury car but with another 30k worth of options added into it (mainly the engine)
        tbh a lightly used LS might be up your alley

21. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

All Toyotas are appliances. At least the Cadillac was designed to be art before they turned it into a product.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>All Toyotas are appliances
      You don't put a 5 liter V8, sending power to the rear wheels, in a mid size sedan, just to create an appliance.
      I don't think the IS 500 was as much of a "passion project" as the blackwing, but it's certainly not just another appliance.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

not that anon but the IS 500 is like if a passion project got neutered before completion for whatever reason. the IS F and GS F were better in that area. People just assumed that the LC F and IS 500 F would come out and fix all the issues that teetered the car between sports and appliances but that just never happened. that's sort of my main issue with Lexus this current generation. severe case of "almost amazing" cars.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

The CT4 BW definitely was also neutered. You just know someone at GM was told not to put the LT1 in it because it would interfere with CT5 BW sales.
          What a shame for both of these cars.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

all cars are appliances though? a car is literally the definition of an appliance

22. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>threads still going
    >still nobody has driven a single car mentioned in the thread except for me, including OP who is "in the market"
    Why even bother having an opinion and not do the near effortless task of just going to test drive the car? Are people really that socially awkward?

To summarize for people so they don't need to read the thread
    >CT4 Blackwing
    Salvage title Caprice equivalent quality and looks, great suspension and seats, garbage everything else
    >IS500
    Lol

Actual contenders in this space for the same price that are MUCH better
    >Alfa Quadrifoglio lease return
    >G80 M3 lease return
    >Model 3 Performance new
    >F80 M3 low miles 1 owner
    >E92 M3 low miles 1 owner
    >W211 or W212 E63 AMG low miles 1 owner
    VERY easy to find any of these cars that were owned or leased by a geriatric that never took it over 3k RPM. There's ZERO excuse to buy an IS500 or CT4 Blackwing, both cars which have no right being more than $45k new.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>>Alfa Quadrifoglio lease return
      not a "forever car"
      >>G80 M3 lease return
      hideous
      3 Performance new
      stopped reading

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>not a "forever car"
        Meaningless saying
        >hideous
        Not as hideous as the IS500 or Blackwing and it's not close either
        >stopped reading
        You mean stopped driving (any car that costs more than $10k) thus your opinion is meaningless.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Apparently your emphasis on you test-driving these did nothing to improve your absolute shit taste.
          >your opinion is meaningless
          And you think recommending the worst-depreciating iPhone XR-tier car on the market isn't meaningless. Kek homosexual.

• 4 weeks ago
      Over9kPreludeGuy

>still nobody has driven a single car mentioned in the thread except for me
      I own a CT4-V Blackwing if anyone has actual questions, pic related. It's clear you know nothing about the car.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>sunk cost fallacy
        If you are dumb enough to buy that car your opinion is invalid. t. drove it against other actually good cars.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

post your car.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

How does it sound IRL?
        Do you ever regret not having 8 cylinders?
        What's your mileage? Any issues?
        Why this over a Camaro, considering that the BW's back seats are pretty tiny (Might as well have gotten a coupe?)?

• 4 weeks ago
          Over9kPreludeGuy

>How does it sound IRL?
          For overall sound, it depends on the exhaust setting a lot. In tour mode it's very subdued and nondescript. In sport mode, you have a decent tone (about what you'd expect from a V6TT) that isn't too obnoxious, and in track mode there are a ton of overrun pops and burbles if that's your thing. Even in the loudest track setting, the exhaust is fairly quiet inside the car if you have the windows up, even though it's actually loud on the outside.

>Do you ever regret not having 8 cylinders?
          No, not at all. I think people have this mentality with every car, and want the engine to be big as possible, regardless of what fits in both the literal and figurative sense. Another one of my cars only has a little 4 cylinder (Alfa 4C) and it's the same story.

>What's your mileage? Any issues?
          The car is at 18k miles, and I've owned it for about 5k of that. Zero problems, and my only complaints are little things (no sunglasses holder, for example). I bought the car as a year-round daily and already drove it through the snow this past winter without issue.

>Why this over a Camaro, considering that the BW's back seats are pretty tiny (Might as well have gotten a coupe?)?
          I wanted a daily that does everything, and this is one of the only cars that fit the bill. Enough luxury and modern convenience, manual transmission RWD with good performance, usable space for when I need it. The magnetic suspension and valved exhaust help a lot with pivoting between a friendly tourer and taking the long way home. It's also the largest car I've ever owned, so looking at the back seats as small is relative.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Terrible review. Let me fix it for you
            >How does it sound IRL?
            Worse than any of it's competitors by far
            >and want the engine to be big as possible
            People want natural aspiration because they realize it's better, and to get this kind of power, it needs to be V8+. Turbos feel and sound terrible on anything, but a V6 is especially bad in the sound department.

You basically said "well it's a car and I like it because I have it". If you don't compare it to it's competitors what's the point?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Thanks for your perspective...
            The pops and burbles sound so fake and excessive in videos.
            There's no Borla/AWE/Corsa full exhausts yet for the CT4 BW right?

• 4 weeks ago
            Over9kPreludeGuy

AWE is actually considering making an exhaust right now, so it's plausible they'll have something in the future: https://awe-tuning.com/collections/cadillac/products/awe-exhaust-suite-for-cadillac-ct4-v-blackwing

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Literal homosexual

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Yeah like my local cadillac dealer has a ct4 blackwing manual ready for me to test drive.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

You can fly anywhere for $300 if you aren't picky about times and get a hotel for $80. If you can't do this you aren't serious about buying an uncommon $70k car. I got lucky with the Blackwing because it was someone's order they cancelled at the dealer only a few hours away but drove 12 hours roundtrip to drive a Quadrifoglio.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Wasting your time isn't a flex.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>actually finding out what car is good
            >waste of time
            Yeah just buy it and figure it out later. Fricking moron. This is why you are poor and dreaming.

• 4 weeks ago
            Over9kPreludeGuy

I've flown to buy multiple cars that I then drove home. I've never flown just to test drive a car I didn't intend to buy. As for my Blackwing, I bought it remotely without a test drive. Most guys buying these know what they want and aren't wasting time flying around to kick the tires on one.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Most guys buying these know what they want and aren't wasting time flying around to kick the tires on one.
            I wanted to like it. I know it will actually reach 100k miles without much drama, the Alfa will not reach 100k miles period, and the G80 would be a struggle. It just sucks. Sorry. Seems like you got too wound up with the reviews or just have some sunk cost fallacy thing going on. If you've never walked away from a car after investing some insignificant cost to look at it you just aren't very discerning and haven't driven enough cars.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You keep saying it sucks, but can you explain why? What's wrong with the interior quality?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

The materials are low quality generally with some really nice stuff sprinkled in like the seats. This is no better than just having poor quality across the board, not cohesive, looks bad, feels bad, costs more.
            The ergonomics are middle of the road
            The infotainment is bottom tier
            The design is horrific, indistinguishable from a Cruze.

Why can't you guys just drive all the cars in the class? It's not hard. If you did this, you would know.

23. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

OP here, so I've been looking at the LC 500. You can definitely find them below $70k, with below 30k miles. That's crazy.
    It has supercar looks, great sound, luxurious... I feel like it is too beautiful for me haha.

24. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Actually sounds pretty fricken decent.

What to expect if Borla comes out with an exhaust

25. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Lexus to Cadillac: No replacement for displacement!
    Never thought I'd see the day!

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *