Chrysler Halcyon concept

Built on new ice/ev chassis as new charger. What do we think of it?

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Was this the big news they teased for today?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Ya, they always said the news drop today was a concept car

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Car design is officially dead

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous
  4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous
  5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Well as a 300 replacement, I do prefer this to the 300. I never thought it looked good, and it just got worse with its reputation. However, this will probably be twice as expensive as the 300 was so it’s a moot point.

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Looks like they went on behance or IG and just built a concept based on a random students sketch

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

yeah american concepts aren't what they used to be

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

800V architecture like the new banshee, so probably 1000hp+

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Even the morbidly obese can enter with ease

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

looks really friendly for old folks to get in and out of

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I wish they'd stop making concept cars. Literally what's the point. 90% of the time it never enters production and if it does then it doesn't look anything like the concept. Just make a car. I don't see any other companies making conceptual products. I've never seen a concept for a washing machine. They just make the thing and you buy it at the store.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Chrysler has a better track record than most for having concept cars be similar to production vehicles, like with the 300c, new charger, etc. Will see interview in next week or so from Kuniskis or whoever and get a sense if they will bring something similar to production

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

it gets people talking, sparks a buzz. it breaks down silos between our sales team, marketing, R&D, and potential customers, which increases interdepartmental synergy and creates go-to-market solutions. think of them as whiteboarding sessions for our core people to think outside the box and really flesh out some really cool stuff.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

I think this is b8 where you are trying to make it seem like you are a paid marketing person posting here in behalf of chrysler but really are just a rando anon

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

anon has clearly played buzzword/bullshit bingo
          one way to get through a meeting

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous
      • 2 months ago
        Anonymous

you went too far in the last 2 lines

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

is this a meta statement about no one knowing what a chrysler looks like?

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I wonder how they'll ruin the production model

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Well, given this thing looks like a super-aero sedan, good for 7 miles to a kWh or 300+ miles even with a lightweight 50kWh battery. Allowing for what might be a competitive price tag vs the Tesla Model 3.

They'll almost certainly use the name for a 2 mile a kWh crossover SUV that needs a 150kWh battery pack to go 300 miles, but they'll cheap out with only 68kWh.
      Which Dealers will still then mark up to $20k more than the 75kWh Model Y because people still don't understand EVs.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

I wonder how they'll ruin the production model

They'll also raise the ride height like 8 inches and people will think it looks better that way
        Verification not required.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Hi I'm someone with a passing autistic interest in fluid dynamics and especially as they apply to road vehicles.

This prototype or concept does not have good aero. The open (and cutter spoke style, yikes!) wheels, the front wheel duct deposting to that long body midline directly into the rear wheels/arches, the lack of seperator lines at the rear, the strange rear body shape (there's mild boattailing but that overhang ruins all of it)
        Basically I don't expect this thing to have better than a .32cd assuming they didn't frick the rest of the car.
        .32Cd is abysmal,
        a 2nd gen chrysler 200 from 2015 (so probably designed from 2011-2012) has .285 (claimed)
        That car has clear seperator edges to the rear, ducktail'ed trunk-spoiler with good boat tailing, a decently controlled underbody covering, and is SMOOTH ALL OVER

yeah I'm really not seeing any less than 240-250wh/mile from this thing, assuming a weight below 4500lbs. but consider it lacks a b pillar, so is using the battery holding floor/frame as the entire structural part, and it's probably clocked in at 4800+lbs.

Autist, OUT

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

We think it is fricking shit.

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>what do we think
    Think for yourself OP. What do YOU think?

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>EV
    >le futuristic goyslop design

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Is that it? What's the gimmick here? This thing looks even worse than the eCharger for no obvious purpose.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>What's the gimmick here? This thing looks even worse than the eCharger for no obvious purpose.
      It is pretty clearly a super-aero design made to have very little drag. Less drag means more range from a smaller battery through needing to expend less power for any speed.

The front end with its faux air intake looks to send air straight up over the roof on an uninterrupted path, the front haunches are designed to reduce drag, the contours at the back are a fancy kammbak, no wing mirrors for even less front surface area.
      My earlier guess that it looks like it would do about 7 miles per kWh is based on the similarly designed Mercedes EQXX prototype that they drove 600+ miles with just 100kWh.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *