Citroen Cactus

So i've finally gathered around 10000 euros for a used car. Im thinking between Citroen C3 or Citroen Cactus... can some autist give me the rundown on ups and downs for those cars and whether they are any good at all?

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Buy the nicest Prius or Corolla/Auris hybrid you can afford, you can thank me in 5-10 years when the Toyota is still running just fine (unlike a PSA shitheap) and still worth money (unlike a PSA shitheap)
    I know that's not what you wanted to hear, but >not my problem

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

This guy is based. Get a mk2 Prius. those things are bound to become some kind of collectible soon enough.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I drive a corolla myself but what you just wrote is bullshit, those cars are both fine and they are cheaper than a auris.
      10k wont be enough for that.

https://i.imgur.com/xshfJf5.jpg

So i've finally gathered around 10000 euros for a used car. Im thinking between Citroen C3 or Citroen Cactus... can some autist give me the rundown on ups and downs for those cars and whether they are any good at all?

anon just look for most reliable engines on each model and if this fits your purpose (daily distance etc).
      dont do heavy carsm dont do auto on the citroen and yes, if you can find a proper yaris, auris, this is also an option.
      if you have 10k maximum, stop at 7,5k for the car only.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

This. I can shill for the Auris Touring hybrid, I've driven it for several thousands kilometers and that's a nice car for the money.

answer as always is get a gmt 800 pickup, preferably with the 6.0 and 4l80e transmission

Also this. If you also want plastic cladding done right, there's the 1st gen Avalanche.

the airbumps are a funny gimmick until you realize they're like 5k to replace which defeats the whole point of them.

They don't have a point at all, they don't even cover the rear edge of the rear door.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I still see a 2014 cactus running around in our shitty third world roads
      my dad also had a Berlingo that was still looking mint at 60k miles

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>my dad also had a Berlingo
        Good taste

OP here. My choice narrows to either the Citroen C4 Cactus pre-facelift model or the Nissan Juke pre-facelift model... next month or two i will go out and pick accordingly from car lots... there are quite a lot of cactuses right now, it seems europeans are ditching them en masse and their price has gone down but i see the Nissan Juke still is kinda pricey despite being an older car and more fuel inneficient... whats the catch?? Also what trim levels are good? IS the parking assist and panoramic roof a must on the citroen?? is the 4 way camera a must for the Nissan Juke?? pls advise...

>still persisting

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

it was practical, pretty, honestly quite zoomy too, I really liked it. especially when it's replacement was a shitty Hyundai i40

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

answer as always is get a gmt 800 pickup, preferably with the 6.0 and 4l80e transmission

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

the airbumps are a funny gimmick until you realize they're like 5k to replace which defeats the whole point of them.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Why did Citroën do it? The old hydropneumatic suspension was better in every way. Yes, even maintenance and maintenance costs.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

More like under 1000 USD for the whole set.

[...]
        Based moron

woop woop homies

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

ik heb kanker

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

anon what the frick are you saying

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

The hydropneumatic system was simple, reliable, easily maintainable and offered an unbeatable ride quality. All analog without any electronics. It's a huge shame citroen stopped putting it in cars.

• 2 months ago
            Anοnymουs

https://i.imgur.com/4C5646M.jpg

Why did Citroën do it? The old hydropneumatic suspension was better in every way. Yes, even maintenance and maintenance costs.

Dude, have you seen a c5, c6 or xantia from 1990 to 2005 after 2015?
            I swear I saw maybe one or 2 driving around in the last 10 years.
            Do you know where the frick are those cars? In the scrapyard.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I know somebody who used to own a C6 at some point in the mid-'10s. I think he got rid of it due to its ridiculous size and massive fuel consumption. I admit I haven't seen a C5 in almost 10 years.
            Funny thing is, I used to see Peugeot 407s relatively regularly (hideous car, that front overhang was atrocious), and those vanished without a trace as well, despite theoretically not being as maintenance-heavy (no hydractive suspension). I still see the occasional Alfa 159, despite those being equally unreliable.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>Peugeot 407s relatively regularly (hideous car, that front overhang was atrocious
            Lmao I typed three full paragraphs calling you names for calling the 407 ugly, and when googling for images I realized I had it mixed up with the 406.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

That's the thing, they all completely vanished one day. It was the most bizarre thing. I can't remember seeing one past 2011. So it's unsurprising people tend to confuse them with other Peugeot models.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>simple, reliable, easily maintainable
            Stop lying mate.

>Honhon, zey will not notees if I write in proper eenglish!

The early cars were problematic mainly because it was new tech and mechanics didn't know how to deal with it. But also definitely had some poor design choices.
            The C5, and mainly the C6, suffered from being overcomplicated.

The system peaked in reliability and maintainability in the facelift XM and Xantia (vastly different from the pre-facelift, because French). Ironically enough the ride quality went down over time. The DS and SM had a way more comfortable ride than the C6 despite all the tech they shoved into it.
            >Stop lying mate.
            it's true
            >Do you know where the frick are those cars? In the scrapyard.
            C5s just weren't very good cars. Xantias depreciated to the point where they could easily be scrapped at a profit from the cat alone. Which is why you unfortunately don't see them very much anymore.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>simple, reliable, easily maintainable
            Stop lying mate.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>Honhon, zey will not notees if I write in proper eenglish!

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>muh unreliable electronics
            frick you, proper electronics are much more reliable than anything mechanical

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Not when they're fr*nch

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

More like under 1000 USD for the whole set.

https://i.imgur.com/4C5646M.jpg

Based moron

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>upside
    women will think you're a twink
    >downside
    women will think you're a twink

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>upside
      men will think you're a twink
      >downside
      none

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

OP here i have a choice of a Citroen C4 Cactus 1.6 BlueHDi 2014 full black with dark gray airbumps, diesel, with 130000 km mileage at 10500 euros https://www.pazar3.mk/oglas/vozila/avtomobili/citroen/alfa-90/prodazba/skopje/kisela-voda/citroen-c4-cactus-1-6-bluehdi/5184281
    or
    Citroen C4 CACTUS 1.2 PureTech 82 hp 2014
    Lightgray with white airbumps, Petrol, with 230000 km mileage at 9500 euros. https://oBlackup.mk/description.php?id=368

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Buy the nicest Prius or Corolla/Auris hybrid you can afford, you can thank me in 5-10 years when the Toyota is still running just fine (unlike a PSA shitheap) and still worth money (unlike a PSA shitheap)
      I know that's not what you wanted to hear, but >not my problem

moron

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

between those two its definitley the first one with the diesel
      >1.2. 230000km
      this is a big no.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Buy a Japanese car you moron

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

they are tiny and made for asian midgets- plus they are gay looking as well...

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Better than fr*nch

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

They are the same shit but more expensive, gayer and with shittier interiors

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

moron

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

busrider

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

get the diesel, those 1.2 puretech are shit and break every 60000km, if it has 230000km it wont even start next time

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

These cars are mediocre at best if you lease a brand new one with warranty etc, but a modern PSA product that's old enough to be out of warranty with over 100k km? I hope you live in a place with decent public transport

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>t never drove a Peugeot/Citroen

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Are you implying they are bad even before 100k km?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I had a 208 with the 1.6 BlueHDi
      Nice low end torque but gutless in the mid RPM range and no power at the top
      Insane fuel economy, I could get 4.35l/100km @ 70mph on the motorway. I got very close to that on my 6 mile commute in town. Best I ever got was pic related.
      In the four years I owned it I put around 30,000 miles on the clock, kept on top of oil and filter changes, and it never skipped a beat. Admittedly when I sold the car it only had about 50,000 miles on it so not that many.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

what color combination was yours? i see some cactuses look great with a certain color while others look like crap...

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Sorry, I had a Peugeot 208 not a Cactus

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>.. can some autist give me the rundown on ups and downs for those cars and whether they are any good at all?
    Yes very nice and cute cars, my wife loves her cactus its perfect car for lady.

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Utter garbage. Get a Citroën XM.

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

The Citroen Cactus is probably the least engaging car produced in Europe in the last 30 years.
    It’s OK if you want to drive over potholes and speed bumps but other than that it sucks all the joy out of your life.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I have a corolla and a clio rs.
      driving on mpg is fun af.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

the cactus is the best car produced in europe in the last 20 years. you don't know shit.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

The absolute state of the european car industry

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

only driven the c3 as a company car. the infotainment screen is ass ( hvac and volume control touch ( press no swipe) sensitive), screenburns, speakers shitheating is shit, steering rackt shit, clutch is shit, visibility shit

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Maybe you should check out the Citroen C5? Quite cool sedans if you get the 2.2/3.0 engines

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

To add to that if you're insistent on buying french, the peugeot 308 is decently fun, doesn't break often and is relatively fuel efficient (only apply if you get the 2.0HDI, the 1.6 is good but anemic)

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous
  12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

OP here. im asking for the cactus cause i like its aesthetics and cause of my relatively small garage
    height - 1.78 m// width - 3.24 m //depth - 4.80 m

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

avoid the 1.2 puretech

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

These cars are mediocre at best if you lease a brand new one with warranty etc, but a modern PSA product that's old enough to be out of warranty with over 100k km? I hope you live in a place with decent public transport

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>garage
      >height - 1.78 m
      for ants?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

yeah the garage was originally without a roof. when the roof was made it was made intentionally low as to not block the sunlight to my first floor windows...

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

If you're buying a cuckover at least don't buy a boring one.
      >BMW X3 F25
      >Length 4,652 mm (183.1 in)
      >Width 1,884 mm (74.2 in)
      >Height 1,713 mm (67.4 in)
      >xDrive30d 2011–2017 3.0 L N57
      >straight-6 turbo
      >190 kW (255 hp) at 4,000
      >560 N⋅m (413 lb⋅ft) at 2,000–2,750
      >6.2 s

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>BMW X3 F25
        the cheapest used bmw x3 goes for 16000 euros here... my budget is 10000 euros...

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

How much are Toyotas, Auris Touring Hybrid for example?
          >Length
          > 4,560 mm (179.5 in) (Touring Sports, 2012–2015)
          > 4,595 mm (180.9 in) (Touring Sports, 2015–2018)
          >Width 1,760 mm (69.3 in)
          >Height
          > 1,475 mm (58.1 in) (2015–2018; Touring Sports, 2012–2015)
          > 1,485 mm (58.5 in) (Touring Sports, 2015–2018)

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

here's one https://www.pazar3.mk/oglas/vozila/avtomobili/toyota/Auris/prodazba/skopje/karpos/toyota-auris-1-4-d-4d-114-000-km/4656792
            11.000 euros from 2013

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Not a hybrid, not a wagon.
            There's a Yaris Hybrid for 10k, however, I can't say anything good or bad about them.
            https://www.pazar3.mk/oglas/vozila/avtomobili/toyota/Yaris/prodazba/skopje/karpos/toyota-yaris-hybrid/4266673
            Way smaller car, smaller ICE engine.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

the cactus is the best car produced in europe in the last 20 years. you don't know shit.

Achète une Xsara petit pd.

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

If you love shit infotainment systems, fricked up button placements and weird, unintuitive controls in general then modern PSA cars are just the ones for you

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

im not buying the car for the tablet inside. thats the least i'm interested in...

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

What do you want to buy a citroen for then? Certainly not the driving dynamics, reliability or a comfortable, practical interior. Every normal compact car is better a those things

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>DA Automobile enthusiast board
    >homosexual comes asking for advice on buying the most soulless, disgusting piece of cuckovershit ever produced (except the Renault Arcana).

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Nothing wrong with a soulless commuter econobox , he's just choosing some terrible cars for the job. But it's a known phenomenon that people that don't know shit about something also aren't open to any advice they asked for. Can't remember what it was called rn

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>Nothing wrong with a soulless commuter econobox
        Not in the land of the soulful commuter econobox. Xantia, Xsara, BX, ZX, even just counting the Citroën there are tons of better, cooler, more practical, more reliable cars with infinitely more soul than this disgusting heap of shit.

this is automotive general not sportscar general.

I know.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

this is automotive general not sportscar general.

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

OP here. little bit of history. my family's first and only car was an Opel Astra F hatchback early 90's model. manufactured in 1991 i think, we bought it used in 2001 and drove it until 2023 summer when my dad sold it for scrap metal for 200 euros. by this time the car was rusting all over and the engine started to not ignite on first time...32 years of use was eked out of it. Now i dont necessarily expect the same kind of endurance of modern cars but if i can eke out a decade more and of use of it its fine by me... can a 10 year old used car like the cactus be driven for 10 more years without rusting through????

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Op here. the car was Opel Astra 1.7 TD Diesel - dark blue in color...

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>can a 10 year old used car like the cactus be driven for 10 more years without rusting through????
      You'll be lucky to get 2 more years out of a fr*nch pos like that

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

buy an ND Miata and some 3k shitbox as a daily, thank me later
      My Renault is almost 2 decades old and has very little rust, they made solid frames back then at least

16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

here you go bro
    https://www.pazar3.mk/oglas/vozila/avtomobili/skoda/rs6/prodazba/skopje/kisela-voda/skoda-yeti-2-0-tdi-81kw-4x4-perfektna/4799861

9 grand and it's not a shitroen

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

It's a VAG

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>https://www.pazar3.mk/oglas/vozila/avtomobili/skoda/rs6/prodazba/skopje/kisela-voda/skoda-yeti-2-0-tdi-81kw-4x4-perfektna/4799861
      its kinda tall though...plus it looks like a company car...like a small business car to haul goods not to drive for a commute...

17. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

There's also one Chevy Trailblazer with I6 lol
    LPG-converted though. I know that GM V8s don't like LPG, not sure about I6s
    https://www.pazar3.mk/oglas/vozila/avtomobili/chevrolet/alfa-33/prodazba/skopje/karpos/skopje/diplomatic-car-chevrolet-trailblazer-4-2l-lt/1911602
    Won't fit under 1.78m roof probably

18. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

And I have a new favorite to shill for
    Behold, the Saab 9-3X with a diesel and AWD, and it's a wagon.
    Regarding the unreliability I think it's at least on par with frog cars, maybe a bit better (I own a gasoline fwd 9-3)
    https://www.pazar3.mk/oglas/vozila/avtomobili/saab/rs4/prodazba/skopje/karpos/saab-9-3x-super-povolno/3036693
    8900 is a bit high for that mileage though, but I don't know your local market.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

whats that on the roof? is it for storage? as a kid i thought it was a small cannoe boat...

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>AWD
      Scratch that, some sources claim the diesel versions do not have it and I can't find anything AWD-related for them in WIS and EPC.

whats that on the roof? is it for storage? as a kid i thought it was a small cannoe boat...

Yeah, that's a box that tries to be more aerodynamic.

19. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

just get a yaris bro

20. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

another choice could be Nissan Juke.

21. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

They're ugly and stellantis engines have this common tendency of being extremely unreliable, if it were myself I'd consider literally any other brand of cars that's not inside that conglomerate.
    Maybe if it was an electric one it could be passable since they don't consume almost no battery and you have to be purposefully malicious to do an unreliable EV, but a combustion car, no, nothing from PSA and stellantis.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

is this AI?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

What AI?
        The car is ugly and unreliable like all PSA cars,
        Don't fricking tell me you're a fricking frog trying to defend you're shit ass local brand of cars.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>They're ugly
      Debatable
      >stellantis engines have this common tendency of being extremely unreliable
      Technically not even stellantis. The merger was in 2021. Even still, you're clearly not familiar with the HDi engines. They're great. The frogs make the frick out of a diesel engine. They even had them in Volvos.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>We now decide to forget the fact that the adblue tank imploded upon itself on the PSA cars that had it up until 2023 when they recalled them
        Not true at all, plus my father's peugeot 307 and my brother's ford focus with PSA engine have been having constant engine failures, they most probably have wasted more money repairing the engines than the cars were worth when they released.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>ugh this one dude I know who drove a 20 year old car had some problems with one engine so that means and entire company is ass
          Kys

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I don't know where you're from, but here in my country peugeot cars have a really bad fame for being unreliable pieces of trash that break out at 200k kilometers, you just have to jump into any online forum and the general opinion is that they're bad.

22. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

The frick is that shit on its side

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

rubber airbumps to protect against small scratches and the like

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

These are the areas that usually get dents and scratches. They somehow managed to cover only one of them, ignoring everything else.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

and cost more to replace than to respray the car

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

"Respraying the car" is not the same as fixing dents. Repainting everything can also get really pricey.

23. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Gay

24. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

OP here. My choice narrows to either the Citroen C4 Cactus pre-facelift model or the Nissan Juke pre-facelift model... next month or two i will go out and pick accordingly from car lots... there are quite a lot of cactuses right now, it seems europeans are ditching them en masse and their price has gone down but i see the Nissan Juke still is kinda pricey despite being an older car and more fuel inneficient... whats the catch?? Also what trim levels are good? IS the parking assist and panoramic roof a must on the citroen?? is the 4 way camera a must for the Nissan Juke?? pls advise...

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>it seems europeans are ditching them en masse
      I wonder why lol

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

it doesn't make sense to pay 10k for an embarrassing fwd cuckbox when you can buy a slightly less gay shitbox for €500
      Take a step back and reconsider your actions.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

For the 1st gen Juke, Nismo or Turbo AWD (which is pretty much the Nismo minus something like 8 hp and some plastic trim).
      Avoid everything else like the fricking plague.

25. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

My mum has a manual cactus. I drove it a few times years ago and besides the gay styling it didn't leave a negative impression that I can recall.

26. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Renting a C3 Aircross right now. Ugly, slow, gay.

27. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Why do some territories get silly names like Cactus and some call cars by their actual designation like C4 in this case?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

it's called c4 cactus

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *