compact pickups

what’s the consensus here on DA? based or cringe?

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

The S10 is a classic shitbox. Mexican (American) tradesman still use them to this day.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

S10 with flare sides and a fart can is peak highschool coolguy.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

I remember a time when I couldn't sell a car on Craigslist without getting at least 1 trade offer for a "slammed s10." God i wish I could go back to that era.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

I lusted for the S10 xtremes growing up. Recently saw a clean low mile one with the 4.3 and stick, really wanted to realize that dream.

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I thought the ZR2s are pretty cool even though they did pretty badly in period reviews.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

All Chevys did bad on press at the time except for the Suburban and Silverado.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

and the vette, everyone loved the C5

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>

Excellent for offroad adventures where small footprint and being lightweight is an asset.

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Very based
    I like my f150 but I wish I could snag a little ranger or Tacoma for skiing and stiff

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

All compact trucks of the era are incredibly based.

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Based, add it to the list of Obongo's failures that he killed them and replaced them with frick hueg mall crawler crew cans.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Obama didn't invent CAFE standards.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>Starting in 2011, the CAFE standards are newly expressed as mathematical functions depending on vehicle footprint, a measure of vehicle size determined by multiplying the vehicle's wheelbase by its average track width. A complicated 2011 mathematical formula was replaced starting in 2012 with a simpler inverse-linear formula with cutoff values. CAFE footprint requirements are set up such that a vehicle with a larger footprint has a lower fuel economy requirement than a vehicle with a smaller footprint.
        Frick off share blue shill.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Obama didn't invent CAFE standards.

Based, add it to the list of Obongo's failures that he killed them and replaced them with frick hueg mall crawler crew cans.

Not even the worst part. they are forced to keep increasing mpgs for a model....or thanks to this math, increase the footprint.

the Mazda hatchback has ben growing for a decade and getting WORSE because of this.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Frick off Obama.

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

If these were still made today I would have bought one new but I opted for a midsize instead

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>what’s the consensus here on DA?

They're great if you don't need to tow. Cheaper and easier to maneuver with better fuel economy and you can still carry most of the stuff you'd want a truck for.

If you plan on doing heavy work or towing you need a bigger truck though. That said most people who get bigger trucks probably don't need them.

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I drove an 89 mighty max for years until just the other day it started misfiring or something. Now it shakes like crazy and runs extremely rough. It still runs but it might finally be time to retire it for good.
    >tfw I just put in a brand new aluminum radiator and bought brand-new tires
    Should I part it out or just try and sell it as is?
    >tfw 30-year-old compact trucks are going for $8k nowadays

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

how many miles did it have? i recently picked up one in nice condition with 0 rust for $3k. granted, it needs a new water pump +gasket but the job is PISS easy…just waiting on the parts to show up.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

fix it

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Honestly I’ve wanted a more capable truck for a long time. Mine is a 2.4L 4G64 SOHC so there’s no point in building it, it’s 2WD so I can’t really use it for off-roading, and it can’t tow shit. it seems most of the time people turn these into drift trucks or lower them and use them as show trucks, neither of which interest me. The bed is too small and the suspension too weak to move a lot of material (I needed 40 bags of concrete and it took me like 5 trips).

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Do a 4g63 turbo swap.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>just buy a $3k motor and burn two weekends installing it bro
            It’s still 2WD with an undersized bed, in terrible shape cosmetically. I’d really like to keep it running but there’s a point where it doesn’t make sense to keep putting money into it.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>(I needed 40 bags of concrete and it took me like 5 trips).
          40 90lb bags, trailerchads rejoice as my purchase is justified the single time I hauled this much concrete.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/GAQhzcX.jpg

40 90lb bags, trailerchads rejoice as my purchase is justified the single time I hauled this much concrete.

>$200 for a yard of concrete
          Trucks are cool and all but screw moving and mixing that many bags. Just hire a cement truck to come out. The rate around here is only $40 + $150/yard

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Easier to use these for a retaining wall.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/wzQFFHM.png

[...]
          >$200 for a yard of concrete
          Trucks are cool and all but screw moving and mixing that many bags. Just hire a cement truck to come out. The rate around here is only $40 + $150/yard

>Dealing with concrete in any way, shape, or form
          Never again.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

lift moar

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Always lift with the back

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

It might simply need some spark plugs you wrenchlet

Honestly I’ve wanted a more capable truck for a long time. Mine is a 2.4L 4G64 SOHC so there’s no point in building it, it’s 2WD so I can’t really use it for off-roading, and it can’t tow shit. it seems most of the time people turn these into drift trucks or lower them and use them as show trucks, neither of which interest me. The bed is too small and the suspension too weak to move a lot of material (I needed 40 bags of concrete and it took me like 5 trips).

Dude. If you mean those 50 lbs sacks you could have done that in 2 trips and not worry about damaging anything.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>wrenchlet
        frick off, I've literally rebuilt engines and transmissions, I've fixed other people's cars, I'm the furthest from wrenchlet someone can be without being a professional mechanic
        I have fricking shitbox fatigue from having to keep this thing running for years

and it was 80lb bags. the motor was really struggling and chugging along with like 10 in the bed so I just played it safe. I should've gotten a picture of how much the rear sagged, my leaf springs are toast.

if I could confidently tow I'd certainly have a trailer. but I need a bigger truck 2bh

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>I have fricking shitbox fatigue from having to keep this thing running for years

You have time to make the trip 5 times but no time to pull 4 spark plugs and take a peek.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

wow, almost like years have passed between two events, huh? crazy
            get off my dick lil bro

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

So you are trying to claim the truck was running well when you went to move the cement?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

was your brain running well before you got pumped full of vaccines?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>he doesn't know the answer

You ok buddy?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

nta but give it a rest freako

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>nta

What does that mean?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Black folk Tonguedmy Anus

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Wow, mighty max anon. You sure are feisty.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

It means
            geT
            (A)out

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

huh, almost like if you read my original post I said it recently started misfiring or whatever is causing it to shake and have a rough idle
            are you illiterate by chance?

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Skinner: Superintendent, I hope you're ready for some magnificent pickup trucks.
    Chalmers: I thought we were having Mazda 3s.
    Skinner: Oh no, I said 'Mazda Bs'. That's what I call compact pickups.
    Chalmers: You call compact pickups 'Mazda Bs'?
    Skinner: Yes! It's a regional dialect.
    Chalmers: Uh-huh. Eh, what region?
    Skinner: Uh... Eastern Hiroshima prefecture.
    Chalmers: Really? Well I'm from Miyoshi and I've never heard anyone use the phrase 'Mazda B'.
    Skinner: Oh, not in Miyoshi, no. It's a Fuchu expression.
    Chalmers: I see.
    [Chalmers examines the truck]
    Chalmers: You know, these trucks are quite similar to the ones they have at Ford.
    Skinner: Hohoho, no! Patented Matsuda Pickups. Old family design!
    Chalmers: For Mazda Bs?
    Skinner: Yes.

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Killing the S10 is where things went wrong in the US.

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

2WD single cab first gen Tacomas are garbage. 2.4L engine that was rated for 160ish HP but felt like 100 when you drove it. Got it brand new and the dash started rattling after a few months and never went away. Had crank windows that were always coming off the track or having issues. Four speed troony was constantly in the wrong gear. Possibly the worst truck suspension I've ever ridden in. Because it doesn't weigh anything if the bed is unloaded it has a hard time getting traction. When the bed is loaded it struggles to move. I can't speak much to GM/Dodge stuff of that era, but Toyota trucks always felt slow and gay. Best move I ever made was getting rid of it for a full size F150.

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Closest I have is a midsized pickup, but I wouldn't trade it for a half ton under any circumstances. A compact is great when you consider the average use case for a truck.

This extendable pushup tube tower I picked up for someone is around 700lbs. Trailer doesn't even notice it, but I sure did loading it.

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

The only truck I'd entertain getting would be the 00s Ford Lightning.

14. 2 months ago
    p

You can compact my butthole in the back of that bed 😉

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Yes.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous
  16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

the only reasonable and sensible pickup

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Apparently it can't move a few bags of cement.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Jesus Christ. Bring a trailer unless you want to frick up your suspension.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

I don't know why they always insist on setting the load all the way to the back as well.

Few times saw 4,536 lbs (standard sling of cement) in the back of CCSB high trim 1/2 tons.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Right, two more bites with the forklift, and you can set it all the way back. When I worked at a hardware store, I would drop 3,360 lb pallets onto half-tons all the time, but I would always scoot it up. But really, MFers need to bring a trailer.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

what's that roll on tonneau cover you have there anon? how do you like it

17. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>drives like a car
    >uses car sized hardware
    >parts bin compatability with nearly every Ford shitbox at the time
    >piss cheap and plentiful parts
    >shockingly robust aftermarket
    >can seat 4 in a pinch
    >plenty of illicit material storage behind the jump seats
    >hurst shifter makes it one of the best shifting shitboxes
    >plentiful room to work on throughout
    >literally fricking everywhere with a decade+ production run so unlikely to ever get expensive or run out of parts
    >gets decent mileage at 22-23 highway
    >small and light enough it can still be fun to drive
    Favorite daily ive owned tbh. The only downside is it's butt fricking useless in snow without an lsd, which I can 8.8 swap from another Ford. It's the truck for the "I dont need a truck" person. I've used it to haul engines, hoists, furniture, tools etc and it does everything I ask.

18. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I didnt need something to tow a huge trailer or camper. I didnt need to load with enough materials to build an entire deck.
    What I needed was something to fit some sheets of plywood, 2x4s, gutters, bags of cement and wood chips through the year. Not to mention move a couch, a mattress, water heater, fridge or cabinet if needed.
    A small truck fit the bill, but they have all rusted out by me or were jacked up so high in price it was not worth it. It needed to have 6 ft bed or longer to even be considered for that roll. In the end I just got the stow'n'go Dodge Grand Caravan because it has a proper 8 ft bed when seats are in the floor. I just want my small truck back that fits in the 1 car garage and gives me room to still move around the sides with shit.

19. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

A guy I work with has an '92-ish Ranger, and he keeps nagging me to sell him one of my Panthers so he can Modular-swap. I know almost nothing about trucks, but compacts sound pretty beat.

20. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Incel truck

21. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

They're based as frick. I had a little Ranger back in the day, it was the most fun vehicle I've ever owned. I might buy a Maverick or something.

22. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>own small truck with a 6.7l
    Fun to drive. Don't tow anything with it, but do load up the bed with coolers and fishing gear.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Haven't seen this truck in a while, it's a looker. Cheers anon

23. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Belive the rumors that Stellantis is going to sell the Rampage midsized truck in the USA?

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *