>compact. >reliable. >can easily exceed 300k miles. >easy enter and exit for passengers of all sizes

>compact
>reliable
>can easily exceed 300k miles
>easy enter and exit for passengers of all sizes
>red and blue pinstripes
Why haven't you purchased a Grumman LLV?

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I can hear the veganas drying out when you pull up to a girl's house in this

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>special delivery--did someone order a fat wiener? sign here ma'am.
      works on my machine

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Mailmen are responsible for 70% of all illegitimate pregnancies. When women hear that van door sliding open, their panties slide off. The short shorts are just icing in the cake.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>Mailmen are responsible for 70% of all illegitimate pregnancies.
        that doesn't sound right but I don't know enough about prostitutes to dispute it

2. 2 months ago
    [PLEBSPOTTERS] BigC

Most cars will exceed 300k with basic maintenance

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Really debatable looking at how most cars can't even last 20 years of daily use.

• 2 months ago
        Greased Geese

How the frick can these drivetrains last decades of stop and go driving?

you have to understand that it's an s10 but with a tin breadbox and 300k was a very easy thing for 90s pickup trucks to do.
        it's not a magic "long lasting vehicle" it's just a ladder frame leaf sprung straight axel with independant twin a-arm front suspension and a dinky little 4cylinder.
        it's overbuilt and understressed to deliver letters, dildos and pipe bombs

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>it's overbuilt and understressed to deliver letters, and dildo pipe bombs.
          ftfy

• 2 months ago
            Greased Geese

ted kazinsky with thigh highs and a rgb desktop

• 2 months ago
        [PLEBSPOTTERS] BigC

I’ve never had a single car I’ve owned fail catastrophically before 300k, only after
        I’ve had like 20 cars
        In fact the only cars that have were Toyotas and it was head gaskets

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

I wouldn't say a bhg is a catastrophic failure

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

They can if you don't mind missing out on the electronics that will fail. Mechanically, modern cars are as good as they've ever been.

3. 2 months ago
    Greased Geese

>buy llv
    >take body off
    >build dunebuggy
    >use body as a tiny little shed for storing tools or a motorcycle
    really wish these were going into private sales.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/6FFhZYl.png

[...]
      you have to understand that it's an s10 but with a tin breadbox and 300k was a very easy thing for 90s pickup trucks to do.
      it's not a magic "long lasting vehicle" it's just a ladder frame leaf sprung straight axel with independant twin a-arm front suspension and a dinky little 4cylinder.

[...]

ted kazinsky with thigh highs and a rgb desktop

if you just show up with a tow rig and a flatbed trailer to your local post office you could probably load two of them and leave and attract no suspicion as long as you walk around with a notepad in your hand,
      I see them getting loaded up and shipped off all the time, probably for scrap.

Lol but seriously STFU desperate newbie and lurkmore LMAO

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

How the frick can these drivetrains last decades of stop and go driving?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

By being replaced when they wear out. Not fricking hard since small and light. When people see old vehicles they assume everything beneath the sheet metal is also old. Those trucks will have had at least one front suspension wear parts swap and brakes of course. Still cheap tho.

[...]

^This. Outside the Rust Belt there's little reason any truck couldn't do over 300K. Mine are all well over 200 and my mystery parts built from bits K1500 is well over 300K.

https://i.imgur.com/54y1kvS.jpg

>had

AFAIK Jasper is out of the game, the entire fleet is being kept alive by cannibalization at this point. The reign of the LLV is nearing the end

That makes no sense because there are plenty of rebuilders and any local auto machine shop can do the engines while any local transmission shop can do the gearboxes. Nothing in that driveline should be remotely difficult to source since it's S10 parts.

I'm convinced it's political nepotism since the price per unit is ridiculous and the production went to a military contractor

For something kept for decades and designed with MODERN package loads in mind it's an upgrade. Military vehicles are designed with overhaul in mind so service life extension is easy.

• 2 months ago
      s10fag

[...]

I think the iron duke also had a gear driven cam like the ford 300. It was very low maintenance, basic, engine.tbi injectors never stop working, they just piss fuel instead of spraying it. Turbo 200c very basic too, aluminum body very light, generally under gvwr fully loaded. Fleet maintenance helps too. 300k is nothing for parcel vans, lots of E150s and chevy panel vans exceeding 500k too. Fleet maintenance, not stacy in 70k credit card debt maintenance. Simple as.

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

they don't last 300k most don't even have 200k on them yet. engines last 80k at best in USPS service, most are on their third or fourth engine and third or fourth transmission. they used to put new aftermarket frames under these when they would rust out, but they quit doing that years ago so now all the llvs with original frames are rusting out and getting scrapped. they're still putting engines, transmissions, and axles in them though. i guess jasper has a special rebuild facility just for iron dukes and non-electronic 4l60 and whatever hydramatic 3 speed the early trucks had just because the USPS keeps dumping money into these shitbuckets.

source: worked in an independent shop keeping these things alive

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

A local shop I know of has been rewelding the frames of the nearby post office's trucks. They refuse to get the new trucks, but the manager of the shop was b***hing about how much welding he was doing, basically building a new chunk of the frame.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>had

AFAIK Jasper is out of the game, the entire fleet is being kept alive by cannibalization at this point. The reign of the LLV is nearing the end

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

USPS could potentially benefit from hybridization since their driving patterns are pretty close to taxi service, but mailmen are very harsh on their trucks so they just don't last that long in general.

Those LLVs also didn't have great fuel economy either, so they could literally swap to custom Chevy Express 3500 box vans without AFM and still make it out cheaper, and carry more cargo.

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Mailcat!

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I can't fricking stand videos that are just some douchebag sitting at his battlestation reading off wikipedia into a camera. How do you watch that shit?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

He's funny, it's scripted.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Be honest with yourself you're aware that the vast majority of descriptive Youtube content is exactly this, some with less obvious coats of paint others with more.

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>can easily exceed 300k miles
    No they the frick can't. Ask anyone who actually drives these types of vans. Turns out shit made by the lowest bidder isn't very high quality. Sure, the odometer might get to 300k before they finally scrap it, but it'll go through 3 engines and 7 transmissions to get there.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Maybe with Shaniqua grinding the gears and lugging the engine constantly, but she would have trashed any other vehicle even faster.

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Wow, 1/3 the miles of your average Tesla.

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Just get an S10 or an Astro if you want a van. LLVs can't tow.

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Because you can't purchase them?

• 2 months ago
      Greased Geese

if you just show up with a tow rig and a flatbed trailer to your local post office you could probably load two of them and leave and attract no suspicion as long as you walk around with a notepad in your hand,
      I see them getting loaded up and shipped off all the time, probably for scrap.

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>Grumman LLV
    you cannot legally own one.
    ones that you can legally own are in very short supply.

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I don’t think they sell these very often, you would think they would auction em like cop cars but for some reason i believe they are usually scrapped. Maybe its not in the public interest to have poor people driving these around in cities.

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

If I could actually get one cheap I would.

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>slow
    >ancient platform and assembly/manufacture machines
    >dogshit economy
    >dangerous on roads faster than 40MPH because slow

Would be cool to ratrod one but please, please let the postal offices switch to electric vehicles or at the least hybrids.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>slow
      >ancient platform and assembly/manufacture machines
      >dogshit economy
      >dangerous on roads faster than 40MPH because slow

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Are they really just going to scrap them all?

16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>no longer will your heart skip a beat when you hear someone put the pedal down in a crown vic

>soon the sounds of the Iron Duke meandering through your neighborhood on a warm summers day will be no more

17. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>compact
    >insanely reliable
    >can easily exceed 500k miles
    >can deliver packages to literally anywhere
    >blue pinstripes
    Jeep peaked with the TJ, but the USPS peaked with the DJ.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

and op peaked with the BJ

18. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

How are we liking their new EV?

This is actually what they adopted to replace the Grumman. Some cloudy with a chance of meatballs looking ass shit.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

We were fricking robbed.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

that's a downgrade. i actually liked

https://i.imgur.com/MSlqQeu.jpg

How are we liking their new EV?

This is actually what they adopted to replace the Grumman. Some cloudy with a chance of meatballs looking ass shit.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

goofy looking duck bill, and not in a charming way

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

They're way too fricking big

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I'm convinced it's political nepotism since the price per unit is ridiculous and the production went to a military contractor

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Just government procurement.

Base Humvees were over $200,000 each.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Canada Post is replacing their fleet of LLV's with picrel which should have been a no brainer for USPS...

>built off of F-150 platform
        >bigger than S-10 (duh)
        >has modern amenities (air conditioning, etc.)
        >COTS electric drivetrain options

But no, Oshkosh needed more shekels...

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Too long and shit forward visibility for neighborhoods.

And the gas ones will still only get 8mpg, no hybrid.

19. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>tfw LLV's are starting to become rare around me
    >most are now dodge sprinter vans or RHD mercs
    i hate.

20. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Do you run your own shop and maintain these every week?

21. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>is an oven in summer and a freezer in winter
    >runs like SHIT
    >handles like SHIT
    >old as frick
    >beat to shit
    >100 mailmen have jerked off in the back of it

t. former mailman

our mechanics didn't have a better opinion btw

22. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I've always wanted to get one of these, turn into a beach cruiser. Hear me out, this is awful but let's go anyway.

Chop roof off totally, keep the back pillars and run cross bar, use to hold surf boards, back instead of rack for mail, benches on both sides with ice boxes under them for snacks and drinks.

Wild bright paint, tires to do sand, just something to drive a block or two from beach house to beach.

Well enjoy my homosexual blog.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

As long as it doesn't look like a USPS truck it's fine, they're hard to find, though

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I'd like to make a mobile shop or a camper out of one. Wonder how much the roof would handle.

23. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>catches on fire regularly
    >reliable
    X to Doubt

• 2 months ago
      Greased Geese

skill issue

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Bro that's an FFV. That's just Ford quality.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Was that a mechanical problem, or a defective parcel going off?

24. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Right hand drive.

25. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Because I'm not a postman

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *