Confess! >I kind of like auto revmatch downshifting

Confess!
>I kind of like auto revmatch downshifting

CRIME Shirt $21.68

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

CRIME Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    sage

I do too anon. I still manually do it in my shitboxes but my new car absolutely spoils me with that shit and I love it. It also has no lift shifting at WOT too. So much fun

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

The s550's are so nice. I have a s197 2014 for many years. Not nearly as nice interior. Comfy though.

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I think the best Japanese cars are built in america.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Jesus trips confirm americans can fold that japanese steel a thousand time better than even the greatest samurai.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Brits are awful at it, though.
        Fricking morons.
        Fricking Honda allowing them to put together the civic type r

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>Brits are awful at it, though.
          Problem is that cars are complex but the assembly is done by the lazy and indolent. Even if the job commands a higher wage it does not improve the quality of the car.

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Im a wrenchlet who pays big bucks to get simple issues fixed

4. 3 weeks ago
    Bepperoni

A strap holding my fuel tank up rusted through and the tank was hanging by only one strap and bouncing around. I drilled a couple holes on either side of the remaining strap that wasn’t completely rust and tied that b***h up with paracord and zip ties. It worked for years.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I used hazard fraught orange ratchet straps on more than one of my vehicles over the years.. one in particular was like that for about a decade i think.

My BMW has had the check engine light and tire light on for nearly a year. Ive checked it but haven't bothered to plug in the obd2 tool or reset it

My BMW had the module go out rather than the sensor. Fricker was close to $1000 for the part and idek if you could diy it with all the canbus vinlocked homosexualry bmw does. It was sehr German about not letting the tcs be switched off or the driving mode be changed from comfort when the pressure was off by like 2 psi, so I decided frick it; it's a better car without it, and ill pull the bulb if i ever have the cluster out. Wish I was savvy enough to code out the warning though.

I'm looking for an E92 335i and I'm considering getting an auto if only because they are easier to find

Don't do it. I've had a few slush box BMWs as rentals/loaners and there is no magic. My shitbox four pot 328i was unironically more enjoyable to drive than a 240xi not factoring in the price point that when you do consider the money it just makes me sad for the people who bought (leased) one. Then I remember they're shit skins and the reason most of the bimmers don't come with a clutch pedal anymore and i don't feel bad for them at all.

https://i.imgur.com/YIHcdeK.jpg

Confess!
      >I kind of like auto revmatch downshifting

I talk a big game about everything being pigfat and wishing things were lighterweight, but then when I test drove an ND Miata it felt cheap and loud in the wrong ways so I bought a half ton heavier bmw instead.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

damn. RF or soft top ?
        God I love how they look.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

i have a 2021 soft top and its rattly loud and janky and I love it for it. but if i was going to buy another it would be the RF. it really is just nicer, even if it is fun to just whip the roof back and have the whole panorama.

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

My BMW has had the check engine light and tire light on for nearly a year. Ive checked it but haven't bothered to plug in the obd2 tool or reset it

• 3 weeks ago
      Bepperoni

Tire light is probably a dead battery in the sensor, I never change em til I’m at the tire shop the next time.

As for the CEL, you’re not a real champ until the light burns out. That happened to my ‘97 Explorer, bad O2 sensor I didn’t ever repair, passed emissions by clearing the code and getting the test done in the few miles after systems were “ready” but before the code came back

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I like automatics. Manuals are nice but they can be fiddly in American traffic.
    As long a car's trans is not a CVT or has moronic dial shifters then an auto is totally fine with me. T-bar/walking canes and column shifters are the way to go. My first car(89 Corolla Wagon) and my current daily(04 Town Car Ultimate) are autos. They do the job just fine. There's still fun to be had in shitboxes with autos, then again I find plenty enjoyment out of fiddling with most things that have an engine inside.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I love CVTs regular automatic bugs the shit out of me

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

CVTs are fine as long as they're not the kind with simulated gear shifts

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I'm looking for an E92 335i and I'm considering getting an auto if only because they are easier to find

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I hate car sounds and noises. I want a dead quiet car where the only thing you hear is the radio on low volume.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I only really care how the car sounds on the inside, so I just enjoy the engine purring, maybe I'd change the intake because it'd make a bigger difference, but that's it

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

i shift floor shifter autos like pic related like they're a manual

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I own one economy car from the mid 2000s and the most involved thing I've done on my car was changing the brake fluid and on the interior taking out the headliner and replacing it. I watch youtube videos about cars but I am poor. I'm not really that much of a car enthusiast

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I drive an EV

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

You ride the bus

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

i don't use fourth gear basically ever
    also there's honey mustard spilled into my carpet and i don't care

13. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I'm probably never gonna get my auto restriction on my cdl removed tbh. I couldn't imagine having to frick with it in stop and go traffic every day, and my brain is already shitty without having to add shifting to my list of mental tasks. Besides, most carriers outside of smaller specialized ones are running AMTs these days.

14. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I love turbo lag.
    you kinda have this "before vs after" feel to your acceleration, feeling out how much your turbo actually contributes to your speed.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *