confess the truth, anon: you leave your dual clutch in auto mode 99.9% of the time

stop pretending that you use your pdk/dsg/whatever to row the gears like us real enthusiasts and admit that once the novelty wore off after a couple weeks your car has been in auto mode the entire time. imagine the relief you'll feel when you accept that you've been living a lie. the healing begins now.

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The novelty of rowing gears in a clutched manual wore off. Being slow af also got boring. Then I got a modern manual and I use the paddles all the time

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

being slow is a skill issue

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

No, I was pretty good, but even the best shifts in a clutched manual take about twice as long as in a modern manual

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

that's a myth.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

i'm surprised you could see well enough to make this post through your manualgay cope tears

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Honestly manual transmission is as divisive as truck ownership. It's almost worthless to join the fricking threads.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

you cannot make a fast reliable dsg

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>modern manual
      such a forced meme kek

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Saying "muh forced meme" doesn't make it untrue. Nothing offers you more control of a car than a modern manual and updating the tables in the TCM yourself

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

it doesn't, but it's such a forced meme because semi auto gearboxes have been around for more than half a century

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>modern manual

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Then I got a modern manual
      >modern manual

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Sounds like a you problem, grandpa

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

holy omega cope batman

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I buy upmarket just so I can get them. Rowing gears is ideal for all driving situations.

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

never owned a dsg only used one a few times at work and obviously i kept it in auto.
    however, i had an alfa romeo with their single clutch version of this and holy frick it was fun shifting it by the buttons when i wanted while it was comfy af to push the auto button for just croozin.
    manual suck balls compared.

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

auto dsg is great. I even liked the shitty one in the fords

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The only use for a "manual mode" is downshifting while descending hills. Otherwise you should be able to control shifts with the throttle.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Downshifting at lights, at turns, when following in traffic, keeping it in gears for max horse, and going up hills helps to have paddles instead of switching drive modes in PNDR.

t.paddlegay

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Well yeah. The only time you use dsg is when you're at the track. There's no point in using it when daily driving.

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I don’t have a dct, rather a ZF8 in both my previous and current car and I use the paddles daily. I think they’re great fun for regular driving. Obviously they don’t get used in stop and go traffic or when cruising for extended periods but for around town they’re fun to mess with. Having the option to shift manually or automatically is great.

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

This confuses and enrages the modern o/tard

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I have dsg and use the manual mode paddles daily. Mostly to engine brake but also to preemptively downshift before uphills because othewise it just lets the revs drop to idle before hastily downshifting by itself

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I just learned that cars with DCT have an auto mode that shift for you
    frick, some will even upshift to 2nd for you in full manual mode
    L
    O
    L
    ROFL even

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I use it at least 3-4 times a week. But I don't really use the paddles unless I'm turning I mostly use the gear stick and pull up or down to shift.

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

if it's automatic, I'm not interested.

13. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>modern manual
    do amerimutts really

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I guess manuals make sense in euroland where you need to save every hp you get out of your 4 cylinder cuck commuters

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

No, just some anonymous troll. Nobody says things that gay irl unless they're full troon, in which case I'm not around to hear it.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Heard it in the wild at the local meet twice now. As gay as it is, it's entering the modern zeitgeist

14. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

anyone else get that overwhelming sense of disappointment when they see a automatic shift lever? Same thing when talking to people about their car, as soon as they say it's automatic you just move on since you know you're talking to a NPC.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

if it's automatic, I'm not interested.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Frickin a it's that easy to stop morons from talkin to me? Frick it pretty sure I've got a fresh rebuilt c4 in my dad's back yard guess I'm swapping it in this weekend

15. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I only switch when there's a electric car next to me

16. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semi-automatic_transmission

17. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I drive a car with a Graziano troony, I don't really have a choice. if you don't use the paddles it will drive like dick and it will lurch you into the dash.

I'm sure most people have never experienced such a thing and can't relate though.

18. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>IM SHIFTING, IM SHIFTING, IM PRESSING THE BUTTON YAY!!!

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Ya, that's how it works. What? You want a gold star because you demand your foot be involved too?

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>You want a gold star beca
        only thing I want is for you drivelet betas and most likely Africans to frick off somewhere else. There's gotta be some stance or LED lighting or boom box forums you could go frick off to. What ever happens to tickstagram go there you homosexual wrenchlet drivelet nu-male bing bing wahooo no-guns homosexual.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Lot of buzzwords to say you can't afford a decent transmission

19. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

as long as you're having fun I guess. Soon you won't even have to press the button you can just give the car voice commands and it'll take you where you wanna go. You're gonna love that shit. Me, I'll KMS before I ever drive a rental.

20. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

No, my truck has a manual, like god intended.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *