Considering how hard the new Model 3 made the Model S, what could Tesla do to make a new Model S compelling?

Considering how hard the new Model 3 made the Model S, what could Tesla do to make a new Model S compelling?
Better suspension? Solid state battery? Steer by wire? 48 Volt?
Or would it need a more in depth reimagining? Should it take on a luxury car style like a Cadillac or Rolls Royce, or maybe lean more into being a performance car like the Roadster 2?

Anus Alien Shirt $21.68

Tip Your Landlord Shirt $21.68

Anus Alien Shirt $21.68

1. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Put a v8 in it and redesign it so it looks like a totally different car

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I've seen this movie so many times that it's ruined the word V8 for me

2. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

why are you talking about this shit here lol
    take it to >>>DA >>>/n/ or

[...]

3. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>drop prices
    >split battery pack to give rear passengers deeper footwells
    that's literally it.
    just sell it at 60k and make it so rear passengers don't have to ride with their knees up beside their ears.

4. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

.t

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

People who look like this hate Teslas because Elon Musk is LITERALLY HITLER and his DADDY owned an EMERALD MINE

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Everyone that looks like this hates EVs because it's "greenwashing"

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Anyone who takes care of their canine is good in my books.

5. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

$1219/mo lease comes with a one-year TRIAL of some bullshit then you're still on the hook for $1219 a month for two more years but without twitter platinum subscription or whatever the frick.
    Insane really, can you spec out a BMW to lease at $1200/month and still not have everything included?

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

It's baffling that any Model Ss are sold at all
      I think it's the worst selling one they make

6. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

They need to completely change the styling it's decade old design and there are too many Chinese clones
    They basically need a Chris bangle style reinvention maybe using the Cybertruck as inspiration

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Personally I'd be more into it if they used classic luxury as an inspiration

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

The cyber truck is sincerely the gayest vehicle I’ve ever seen. It looks awful.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Projection

7. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

either cancel the model S and then use the savings to drop the price on the model 3, or cut off two doors on the model S and turn it into a luxury EV coupe. really the model S is extremely worthless now as the model 3 basically offers everything the model s offers.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

As someone who owns both I can say you're full of shit!
      Model 3 is cheap in any way possible and it even smells cheap, rides cheap and makes cheap noises.
      Model S is basically Mercedes-Benz class car. Everything inside and out is different than the 3.
      Only people that have seen both cars on pictures can compare them.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

ESL

8. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Cancel the Roadster 2 and just turn it into a Model S revision

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

all-electric gemera competitor for the masses would actually be a good idea

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Are they even still working on this thing?

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

It's vaporware. No reason to EVER release it.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

This car looks like design school slop, it's got no soul, like all the other tesla vehicles.

9. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I want buttons and knobs that I can learn by muscle memory. I want a normal steering wheel with stems for the wipers and lights and turn signals. I want a normal car. I don’t want some the fantasy of some Silicon Valley nerd that has never made a car and has no clue what drivers want. Just give me a normal car…but with an electric motor.

Why can’t they do that?

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

You're just describing a Rivian

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Volvo makes this

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

tesla does not have the skilled workforce or supply chain to cater to anything beyond new money. it can't compete in build quality, it can't compete in materials, it can't compete in ergonomic design. it can compete in checklist features, and can even lead in that area, but it will take at least a decade to set up a process to build truly luxurious vehicles instead of pleather, wood laminate, and plastic boxes

volvo explicitly avoids knobs, buttons, and switches. even the steering wheel gets capacitive oven buttons

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>it can compete in checklist features, and can even lead in that area, but it will take at least a decade to set up a process to build truly luxurious vehicles instead of pleather, wood laminate, and plastic boxes
          this.

tesla's are great drivetrains wrapped in (at best) very mediocre cars. with some stupidity sprinked on. this latest crop of anti-features like the removal of stalks is probably going to hurt them a lot.

what made teslas great originally (as in, back in the model s days) was just how normal they were. the model s looked and felt like a regular ass car. no neon green or blue badging to show how eco it was, no ugly ass attempts at futuristic styling, nothing. externally, nothing gave away the fact that it was an EV, except partly the lack of a front grille. and internally, i was much the same, minus the pretty tall floor at the back due to the underfloor battery.

and then the model 3 and y came out, and as great as they were for bringing EV to approachable pricetags, the decline had started. it would've cost tesla a few hundred $ at most to add some sort of an instrument cluster, or at least a basic ass HUD. but they didn't, because they had started huffing their own farts.

and now, we have no stalks, we have yoke steering wheels, we have the model s and x losing the well integrated vertical screen in favor of a stuck on model 3/y landscape one, we have windshield wipers that don't work because they're optical instead of whatever the rest of the industry has standardized on.
          its all bullshit.

all tesla needs to do to win completely is walk back all the futuristic bullshittery, figure out a way to give rear passengers more room for their feet (split the battery?) and drop prices a little to reflect how basic their cars are.

10. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Considering that the only people who still care for Teslas are pajeets, cow dung interior and an optional setting on the autopilot that drives you to the nearest designated shitting street

11. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

A 24v Cummins Turbo Diesel

12. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

it's just a bigger car.. You make it sound like the 5 series needs to do something exceptionally special compared to the 3 series when it's just a bigger 3.

13. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

what the hell, I never realized they look so identical the goofy ass headlights from the older models made the model 3 seem like much more of an ugly blob

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Yeah the Highland is a lot sexier than the old Model 3
      Going to be hard selling the S when the 3 isn't artificially hideous

14. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

These things are basically iphones and status objects, even though they gunned down Bolivian protestors to make the coup and access cheap lithium.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

It is like the automobile equivalent of an overpriced apple product, including the violations of labor laws.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Is it? Virtually all people I know who bought a Tesla 3/Y, bought it because it has great acceleration and can drive it for free if they have solar panels.
        The people obsessed about having car showing their status are truck owners, in my experience.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Not truck owners, SUV owners
          My sister and my cousin are married to well off businessmen and them and their kids all drive frickhueg SUVs

15. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Bring back basic features like turning stalks

16. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Model S is massive and the model 3 is not. Idk how you even compare them

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

It's genuinely hard to tell the difference if you cover the front of the car

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *