1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Everything that my E92 needed as soon as it hit 120 miles:
    coolant tank exploded
    passenger seat sensor stopped working
    reverse light says it's not working
    needs new brakes and rotors
    replaced the expansion tank and have a coolant leak from the other side now
    My dash is lit up like the proverbial christmas tree.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

120k miles, but 120 miles works too

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Skill issue. My E92 has 196k miles, no lights.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>he doesn't live the BMW life

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

These cars last a long time if you look at them as fine German machine and not like a disposable pos Ferd like Americans look at their cars.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Ok, I have 4 BMWs.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I'm not fixing the seat because I'm going to get better seats and just code out the sensor. Reverse light is an easy fix. Brakes are easy I'm just waiting for them to wear out more. I just saw the coolant leak yesterday, and probably also an easy fix.
        N54 > N52, by the way
        Verification not required.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Don't replace hose assemblies. Buy a cooling system o-ring kit for your specific model/engine. It's the only way to do it on modern BMW.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Don't replace hose assemblies
            Why? A lot of the times it’s needed because if the quick connect plastic has been heat cycled to death and is brittle.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

The nylon quick connects very rarely have a problem, if ever, unless you bash them with a hammer like a moron. The EPDM rubber hoses themselves are good for 25-30 years. The quick connect o-rings however take a compression set after 4-5 years and will stop sealing if you look at them wrong. You can spend hundreds replacing all the hose assemblies with questionable Rein replacements that don't always fit right. Or you can spend $20 on a complete o-ring kit to have on hand. Any time you have a quick connect spring a leak, you can fix it in 5 minutes. Pop the hose off, replace the o-ring, top off the expansion tank, and run a bleed cycle. High mileage quick connect hoses will need new o-rings every time you have them off, even if it wasn't leaking before. So if you have to take something apart like an oil filter housing, you better have an entire new upper radiator hose ready. Or you just use your o-ring kit you bought just in case.

I don't understand you people. You will defer things like leaking gaskets or a dead TPMS sensor or loose stabilizer link because it's not worth the money. But then won't service a perfectly good OEM coolant hose with a cheap o-ring.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

You probably need $100 worth of gaskets, too.
      And don't forget your entire weekend to replace them.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

oh yeah i forgot i need to probably change the oil pan gasket.considering changing the rod bearings while i'm in there. the oil filter housing gasket has already been changed somewhat recently. going to get an M18 valve cover, already have the gasket for that. need to get blow off valves still for the charge pipes i have waiting, but that's not maintenance.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>rod bearings
          I wouldn't touch them.
          >blow off valves still for the charge pipes
          You car only has one intercooler, why would it have multiple up pipes?.
          Be careful who you take advice from, these cars are popular with ricers and Black folk like

Don't replace hose assemblies. Buy a cooling system o-ring kit for your specific model/engine. It's the only way to do it on modern BMW.

who have no idea what they are talking about.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

it was exactly the same list for my 328xi e90 at 250k kms.
      >passenger seat sensor
      >coolant gaskets and shit
      >coils
      >valve cover
      >all suspension
      >breaks
      >front prop shaft
      I got a donor 335xi and swapped all the suspension and brakes from there, did the valve cover gasket, and replaced the prop shaft and the seat sensor with ones from pick-n-pull. After that, it became a reliable car. Except for the window motors. Those broke once a month. But it's that or a subaru eh

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

watch m539 on youtube
    assuming you do actually own a bmw, it should help a lot.
    and even if you don't, its still a pretty great watch.

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>he fell for the g*rman engineering meme
    LMAO, just buy a Toyota already.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

There's no Toyota parts in Europe

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

You literally don't like cars.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

That's quite the assumption to make. I never said I would buy a Toyota for myself, I just recommend them to people tired of their shitboxes breaking.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Lol it's this clown again. Post your gay stock miata so I can LOL @ its wheel gap ya lil usgy ricelet stancelet slowgaylet boyracelet grandpalet

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>the terminally online shitposter with no car and no tools thinks he has the right to call others clowns

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>this clown thinks I have no cars

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Busrider until proven otherwise, and you've literally never posted anything of your own once ever and made every excuse in the book not to, so yeah that's a pretty reasonable assumption to make.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous
  4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Wrenchlet

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

When I was peak shitbox life:
    >three cars - A, B, and C, all titled in my name
    >one set of license plates
    >transferring plates between vehicles you own is zero cost
    >drive A until something breaks
    >transfer plates
    >drive B until something breaks
    >(loop start)
    >transfer plates to last working vehicle
    >decide which of the other cars is cheaper/easier to repair
    >drive working car while repairing a non-working car
    >shortly after repairing a car, the car with plates on it breaks
    >return to (loop start)
    I did that for three years. Sometimes I wouldn't even send in the plate transfer form and just stick a filled out one in the glovebox in case I got pulled over. I'd usually be good for 6-8 weeks before the cops would get suspicious of a 92 town car's plate coming back as a 97 cavalier

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

really you just have to accept that you're going to get bent over with older German cars

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

okay real question.
    do you guys feel some makes and models are just crap or is it just specific cars.

I had a clapped out 350kkm e36 232ti that just werkd.
    I had a 160kkm first gen S10 that had more new parts then old when I parted with it but every week something else was wrong.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

99% of the time problem exists between keyboard and chair

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Thats because you are a moron that waits until things actually break instead of doing preventive maintenance.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

He just like me fr.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>le preventive maintanance
      am I supposed to change every single component as a preventive measure? the car has 250k miles
      I replaced all the gaskets at this point, including all the shit you do while you are there like o-rings n shit
      bought new front control arms
      found coolant leak, gonna replace the hose tomorrow
      now the fricking AC pulley broke

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>am I supposed to change every single component as a preventive measure?
        It's what I did to my shitbox. Now it's basically a new car.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

literal wear items need to be replaced?

yeah, no shit.

every car has wear items that need to be replaced.

let me guess you never replaced the accessory belt until it fell apart and left you stranded? there are items that should replaced as a preventitive measure, gaskets also are not meant to last forever. you/previous owner defer maintenance then expect them not to catch up with you.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

dumb Black person

Preventive maintenance isn't replacing things on a whim just in case. Preventative maintenance is regularly and thoroughly inspecting everything and identifying developing problems before they result in down time. So in your case, noticing the tensioner is wobbling at idle or the pulley bearing is making noise like 5000 km ago. The only unexpected breakdown I've ever had on my wife's 330 was a coil spring that suddenly broke once. Everything else has has been found on a checkover or noticed well before there was a driveability problem.

thats not preventive maintanance, thats just inspecting and replacing bad components
          dumb frick

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>that's not inspecting and replacing bad components, it's inspecting and replacing bad components
            >dumb frick

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

preventive maintanance is knowing your water pump will die at 60k miles, so you replace it before that, as a preventive action
            inspecting suspension bushings and changing ones that are going baf is not
            >dumb frick

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>replacing a part that's at the end of its service life before it fails completely and leaves you stranded or causes damage to other parts of the car isn't a preventative action
            >dumb frick
            I suppose replacing brake pads when they first start making noise as opposed to when they're metal on metal and you have to do rotors as well isn't preventative maintenance either

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

brake pads you can visually inspect
            water pump you cannot
            dumb frick

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>what is weep hole
            >what is a bearing sound
            fricking moron. Just go buy some vaseline and go to the dealershit

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

post car

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Please show me where the weep hole is on a Pierburg CWA, lmao

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

your talking to a wrenchlet, dont bother.

these the same idiots that cry when the dealer has a whole list of items that need attention but just an oil change is all they want to pay for.

then wonder why the car needs alot of shit fixed after years of doing the same shit.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>thats not preventive maintanance, thats just inspecting and replacing bad components
            >dumb frick

you literally described preventitive maintenance, wrenchlet.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>(You)
            Preventative maintenance IS inspecting and replacing bad components. The part you're getting wrong is where the line is drawn on what a bad component is. P/M is replacing demonstrably bad components before there are adverse side effects of failure, i.e. there is zero way to notice the problem by the vehicle or equipment operator. Reactive maintenance is waiting for a noise, drip, warning light, etc to be noticeable or effect operation.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

literally still describing preventitive maintenace.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

The ultimate wrenchlet.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Preventive maintenance isn't replacing things on a whim just in case. Preventative maintenance is regularly and thoroughly inspecting everything and identifying developing problems before they result in down time. So in your case, noticing the tensioner is wobbling at idle or the pulley bearing is making noise like 5000 km ago. The only unexpected breakdown I've ever had on my wife's 330 was a coil spring that suddenly broke once. Everything else has has been found on a checkover or noticed well before there was a driveability problem.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>the car has 250k miles
        no, not all the components.
        but all the belts/pulleys/bearings/bushings/seals/hoses, yea, you probably should.

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

E92 330d

>comfort access door handle stopped working and took down the key authentication
    >I diagnosed and cut the wire for the door handle and all was good after that
    >footwell module has a burnt out portion that operates the passenger window, I can't be fricked replacing it and having the new (used) module coded to the car
    >glow plug module is dead, probably a good thing because no DPF burn offs without glow plug operation

It's been a really good car otherwise. You couldn't pay me to own a petrol BMW after the 90s. Piles of shit.

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Constant repairs is the reality of having a 17 year old E91, my dude

I do 100% of my own maintenance and repair on mine and I am very, very good at price shopping for parts. I've averaged $95.41/month USD on parts over the past 6 years, not including tires.

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

this happens to me because i try and be cheap. like recently i just replaced my front brake pads and guess what the rotors were fricked also I didnt even know so i had to go back and get rotors from the store which was way more expensive than the rockauto ones i could of got when i bought the pads. i got this car like 9 months ago and i was telling myself i would only get real oem parts but im back to fricking up

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Park truck #1 for brake failure
    >Buy truck #2 because I can
    >Change radio, speakers, carpet, bed liner, all lights, oil, brakes, rotors, transfer case, transmission fluid, filter, battery, alternator
    >Drive it for three months
    >Truck #2 starts to have timing chain rattle
    >Sell truck #2 while reee'n
    >Drive half-dead lawn-ornament shitbox for six months, very little brakes, questionable transmission, engine just will NOT die (5.3 style) - no radio, ac or heat (no it's not the fuses shut up)
    >Get truck #1 fixed
    >Window switches immediately fail while pulling out from the mechanic's lot
    >Drive five miles and the radio goes out because the amp is now dead

Sometimes, I wish I had a horse.

13. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Get a BMW
    >Trade in after three or four years
    >Get a new one
    Works for me

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

How much money do you make

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Who cares? New BMWs are mostly gay as frick. Mostly.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

But then you're stuck with gay eps and an ugly ass car. Breakfast on engine, by the way. It's probably a gay 4cylinderlet. Kek

14. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Funny, when I bought a 10 year old civic at 75k and drove it to 130 all I did was change the fluids and a shock. Didn't even need brake pads in my life with it

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>130
      Dude, it's basically brand new.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

great, now sell it before all the deferred maintenace catches up with you so you dont have to make a thread about how honda is not reliable and needs a list of shit to fix cause nobody fixed anything till everything needed fixing at the same time.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

There is no major service for those cars at 100k besides troony fluid/spark plugs

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

according to the factory service manual and the owners manual, that is a lie.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Engine coolant? Air filter? Fricking inspect suspension components? Brake fluid change? There is basically 0 maintenance on a 8th gen you fricking Black person

15. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

If you want cool car you also need to have one normal car.
    I got boring ford focus sedan for that, have it for years and not a single issue, take it for service once a year to a dealer and that's it.
    Having just cool car never worked for me and god knows I tried hard.

16. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Related, how do I do insurance fraud

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Lie to your insurance company and don't post about it on the internet.

17. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>do the rear struts on my e60
    >notice the bushings on the rear control arms are fricked
    >rebuild entire rear suspension
    >fronts are ok
    >do the front struts a few days later
    >the stress of pushing down on the front control rips 200k miles bushings
    >front ball joint boots are ripped
    >rebuild entire front suspension and steering
    At least it rides nice now.

18. 3 weeks ago