Convince me not to

I had 3 SN95s in the past, loved each one. A '95 with the 5.0 (ruined by an old guy a month or so after I got it for my birthday, that was fun,) a 94 with the 5.0 and a 97 with the 4.6.

They're slower than shit at a measily 215hp. Unless you go post '98(I think) when they did a PI swap, to 260hp.

After owning a bomb of a "race car" for a few months as my daily... no heat or radio, partially stripped, I'm done chasing muh power. I miss the comfiness of the SN95. Sounded amazing too with the right exhaust setup. Finally starting to face the fact that I rarely ever get to floor it and that speed literally does not matter.

But at the same time, not as fast as the same year LT1s for about the same prices. So I'm kinda conflicted. Going to have a limited budget after selling my current shitbox (maybe 8k tops) so I'm pretty stuck with an older GT, or an LT1 Corvette/Camaro/Firebird. Mainly looking for reliability at this point. All the years with mustangs has me feeling that's the safest bet for a not econobox. Might want to shoot myself for getting such a slow car but it sure as hell would beat what I have now.

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

Yakub: World's Greatest Dad Shirt $21.68

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Its ugly ford junk

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

RUDE

>8k tops
      Buy a Lincoln Town Car and supercharge that b***h. Luxury meets INSANITY.

Isn't it like 6k minimum to supercharge anything (without ebay shit parts)

https://i.imgur.com/g8pT8GG.png

>After owning a bomb of a "race car" for a few months as my daily... no heat or radio, partially stripped, I'm done chasing muh power. I miss the comfiness of the SN95.
      >But at the same time, not as fast as the same year LT1s for about the same prices. So I'm kinda conflicted.
      Oldgay here. The F-body is lower/stiffer than the SN95 and the interior is pretty shit in comparison. If you just want a comfy V8 cruiser you'd be better off in the SN95. Also, don't forget the '96+ 4V cars were quicker than the LT1 f-bodies and those are within your budget.

Yeah I don't remember the rides in any of my rustangs being bad at all. First one was soft but decent, probably lowered. 2nd was a convertible, floaty as hell, stock suspension. The last I had seemed pretty sharp but road super smooth. 95 firebird I had was meh. Stiffer but not terrible. Current car, a 93 camaro, has a track suspension setup. It's absolutely horrible. No clue why I bought it. Had to own a race car at some point I guess.

The interiors on F-bodys are pretty hilarious. Haven't seen one in really good condition. Haven't owned or driven one that didn't have something loose, squeaking, cracked.
      >98 cobra for only 8.5k
      God I wish
      How many miles on that thing? Only cobras I see for under 10k are beat to shit, need work, or have 200k+ miles.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>Isn't it like 6k minimum to supercharge anything (without ebay shit parts)
        yeah

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Why are you even considering forced induction without ebay parts if your budget is under 10k? The only reason any "cheap power" engine platform has become popular is because of ebay parts lmao. Nobody would make videos about turbocharging a 5.3 if it weren't for the fact a turbo kit costs $1000

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

supercharging the 4.6 2v or 4v is just moronic. for the money you'd need for the supercharger AND the supporting mods, you could buy a crate coyote motor and it's supporting mods to make easily more power. with the added bonus of having an engine that has so much more headroom for performance.

also before someone goes hurr durr engines swaps are hard!!!! yes they are. that much is obvious. the reason I mention this is because the 4.6 modular is simply not an engine that provides you not much tuning potential. It's a waste of money.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>for the money you'd need for the supercharger AND the supporting mods, you could buy a crate coyote motor
            Idk dawg. Maybe a used motor from LKQ.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Multiple things wrong with this, you can get a 5.0L Coyote motor any day for 10k or less. Ford is the worst example of this. you just went and found the most expensive option for some moronic asinine reason. I found in 2 seconds on Jegs a crate coyote for basically 10k.

I forgot to mention this in my initial reply, it's not just about the headroom or tunability, but to get a similar performance to a coyote, you will spend close to the same price without labor. Supercharger? 7k. 1-2k for headers+exhaust, fueling upgrades, and a bunch of other shit would easily add up to the cost of the motor alone. If you touch nothing else on the 4.6 modular, you will make AT BEST like 450 on stock connecting rods with these mods.

meanwhile, a stock Coyote motor makes 460hp out of the box lol. Once again, yes a swap is not easy and you will probably spend more than the cost of supercharging the car when you have to figure out the ECU, mounting hardware, and other modifications you'll need to adapt the motor to a stang, panther body, etc anything with the 4.6 modular but spending 10k on supercharging a motor you will DUMP money into is a waste completely.

there is a long list of cars out there that you can spend a couple of grand on and result in awesome performance improvements for a fraction of the cost. it's just moronic to spend money on a shit motor from a tunability and performance standpoint "dawg".

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>10k for a 460 hp engine
            I know, it's a brand new one and all, but you can work with an ls1 and get twice that for that kind of money if you really wanted to

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Oh absolutely, I can't disagree with that, but what the Coyote illustrates is the fact that you can do better. there is no shortage of motors that would be great swap choices for significantly cheaper than spending 10k+ on a meme supercharger built on a low-stress and low-power 4.6 modular.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>Gen III gayote
            So you plan to install a high pressure pump and fuel lines for the direct injection?

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>8k tops
    Buy a Lincoln Town Car and supercharge that b***h. Luxury meets INSANITY.

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>After owning a bomb of a "race car" for a few months as my daily... no heat or radio, partially stripped, I'm done chasing muh power. I miss the comfiness of the SN95.
    >But at the same time, not as fast as the same year LT1s for about the same prices. So I'm kinda conflicted.
    Oldgay here. The F-body is lower/stiffer than the SN95 and the interior is pretty shit in comparison. If you just want a comfy V8 cruiser you'd be better off in the SN95. Also, don't forget the '96+ 4V cars were quicker than the LT1 f-bodies and those are within your budget.

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Why would you be looking at floppy muscle cars when the Z3 exists?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Reliability

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Real torque

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

A false sense of patriotism

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Itty bitty incel car.

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Hell yeah brother

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Get a 5.0 again and do heads/cam/intake el cheapo. Subframe connectors welded in to stiffen it up. Panhard bar in the back. Short shifter. You'll have a kickass car that's now about equal with a modern V6 one instead of slower than it.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

currently stacking parts to do exactly this
      already has a full exhaust from the heads back, but with a built aod because peak croozer. these engines are hilariously corked from the factory but can be woken up for stupid cheap
      >also the last mustang with a pushrod
      Paid 3k for it. The reciept for the transmission build was more than that lmao

• 2 months ago
        Sage all ugly slow gay cars

LOL @ that wheel gap

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>LOL @ that wheel gap
          where?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

What?

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

You've owned 3 and you have to ask DA whether you want one?

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>Face the fact that I rarely ever get to floor it and that speed literally does not matter.

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

[...]

found the 4.6 modular shill. It's an extremely unremarkable motor and I don't care what you do to it, it's moronic to spend money on polishing that turd of a motor. suck my fat nuts

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

[...]

>You going junkyard Explorer GT40 heads?
    first phase will likely be intake, tb, maf, and possibly 1.7 ratio rockers. I have 24# injectors on the intake, combine that with a timing advance and I'll pick up some power.
    I want to do some freshly machined gt40 heads over junkyard ones. I'm hoping to see how much juice I can get out of the stock cam before i replace it. but long term, built heads, likely an Anderson cam to go with

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Why do all this gay engine shit if you can just spend the same money on a S550 which will have far superior dynamics, power, everything out the door? You might make an argument if you could slap a supercharger to a SN95 for a few grand but the costs add up quick and you still have a gay solid axle to deal with.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>S550
      The car needs to actually run

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

What do you mean? They do run. They eat wheel bearings but they do run.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

German cars in America are completely unreliable. That's why rarely anyone buys them. When it comes to reliability, the American manufacturers shit all over Mercedes. No point in even considering it.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

s550 is a generation of mustangs

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

My apologies. That's also a V8 Mercedes. Thought you were a European shitting up the thread. Carry on brother.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

S550s are ugly, gay and sound like hammered dog shit. Kys

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Kill me yourself coward?? Oh right you won't. Instead I'll run you down in my s550 and claim your bussy

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

mustangs are gay as frick by the way kek

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Yep. Panthers > Mustangs.

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

One of my favourites if not the favorite mustang ever

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

[...]

HCI anon here, I thought the exploder intake/heads and an e303 were only good for like 300 crank. Disregard if goes faster.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

GT40 heads, E303 and GT40 intake wouldn't hit 300whp, usually that's good for 260-270whp 300ish wtq depending on other bolt ons. Still a tried and true high 12s combo though. When I was saying 300-325whp I was talking about FBO and FBO+SRI 4Vs.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

ford alphabet cams are outclassed now, no reason to get one over a modern cam unless you really need that idle

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Lots of people ran the B303 BITD anyway, the E cam had erratic idle and low speed driveability problems with the stock EEC IV. That other guy specified the E303, I agree a modern cam is better.

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

[...]

I live in northern IL. Cheapest cobra Ive seen was 9k, and it had real high miles. Just no luck around here for decent priced cars. Even the gayest most boring of shitboxes seems to be 6k minimum for an OK one.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

honestly for 94-95 gt, the differences are subtle enough you could build a cobra equivalent for the difference in price.
      h/c/i plus an exhaust on a standard 302 puts you about on par with a stock 32v but with even more torque. the only other things that make a gt distinct from a cobra are lacking the dual piston front calipers and thicker, hollow sway bars.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

nice get

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

thanks

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *