coping with never being able to afford a new car

>study all my life
>get masters in engineering
>find a well paid job in city ranked 7th in my country by salary
>still nowhere near owning one without taking a 4-5 year loan
I deserve to drive a new-ish sports car and I do not know how to cope anymore, I literally did everything right, except moving to a proper country....

m2 my beloved.... I do not know what I am supposed to do

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

Yakub: World's Greatest Dad Shirt $21.68

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

1. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>still nowhere near owning one without taking a 4-5 year loan
    literally every single person that buys one of these takes out a 4 or 5 year loan dumbass
    is this just another one of those autistic 'you bought a depreciating asset' threads in disguise?

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I lied about the lenght of the loan, its at least twice that, like 20 years if I want to be safe

So take out a loan? If you mantain it and get an M2 Competition in Manual it will appreciate because the new M2 is fricking dogshit.

m2 competition is just facelifted m2, I do not see how its worth it

Damn son, hit the oil rig or lrn2code

oil rig yes, coding no

It might work out. I made $40k until I was 30 and then my salary doubled overnight. $80k isn’t a lot for a 30 year old but it’s enough to finance a somewhat decent sports car.

homie im making 13k usd a year

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>im making 13k usd a year
        damn son. yeah maybe an M2 isn't in the cards for you. unless you join the local mafia.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

What country are you in? What are your degree in?

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Bulgaria
          machine engineering (cad/cam)

> well paid job
          > $13k per year
          How is this well paid?

I am in bulgaria, 13k salary is enough to feed a family if you have your own place and dont pay rent and credits

>I do not see how its worth it
          the Comp. has an S55, which is a proper M engine.

>le proper M engine

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Buy an M240i with a bodykit that will never appreciate like the M2C and M2CS then, dumb ass.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>buy le car as an investment
            no. I like driving my cars (what they are made to do)

post car

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>moron doesn't know you can drive a car and sell it for a lot of money
            >moron doesn't know he could be driving his dream car right now after getting a loan and then selling it for a lot more money to what he paid for
            As I said, get the m240i with a bodykit

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Why would he sell his dream car? A dream car is meant to be a forever car

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

If you’re an EU citizen why are you not going to where the money is? It’s not in Bulgaria. Still, there have to be engineering careers in Bulgaria that pay better than $13k.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Damn, anon. I'm a fan of Bulgaria but someone with a masters in Engineering shouldn't be slaving for that kind of money.
            Come to burgerstan, we're all kinds of fricked up but you'll get paid enough to avoid the groid and get a minty M2 or even something reliable.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

It’s practically impossible for Bulgarians to migrate to the U.S. for anything other than a PhD, which will leave him broker than before. He has to stay in the EU and go to Germany, France, or Italy or figure out a way to make money in Turkey or China or something.

Frankly, Engineers are moronic. They have all the tools they need to start their companies and get rich and yet they never do it because they’re too risk averse.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

How about Canuckistan? They only take stinky jeets?
            Somebody has to be needing engineers, this world has gone crazy.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

White countries don’t want other white people in them. They only want brown people to replace the white people.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>economy is fricked due to workforce drain to usa
            >somehow job market is still fricked
            >real estate market is fricked
            >social programs like universal healthcare are fricked
            >justin frick him in the ass trudeau
            that's the worst 1st world place to immigrate to at the moment imo

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

nah mah fren, it is you who is moronet
            >They have all the tools they need
            - 2nd-worlders don't have access to all the same institutions and investment flows 1st worlds have
            - engineers literally don't have the training to make businesses
            - often engineering degree is a social lift from an even poorer strata so they lack money and connections as well

I'm not saying it's not doable, I've seen some people I admire make business out of their engineering in my c**t, but it's not as easy as you put it

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

He’s in the EU dumbass. He could just up and leave to Germany whenever he wanted. He doesn’t even have to file paperwork to be legal. He is effectively in the 1st world already.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

you are oversimplifying again and your malding tone suggests you already know that

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Jesus, so Bulgaria is like Argentina in that regard. Even my brother who is a Civil Engineer drives a 2007 Citroen C4Hdi
            t.argiegay in 3rd year Mechanical Engineering worried about my future salary

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

> well paid job
        > $13k per year
        How is this well paid?

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

he's probably in a country where everyone else is paid in coconuts or bags of salt or something.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>I do not see how its worth it
        the Comp. has an S55, which is a proper M engine.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>homie im making 13k usd a year
        I feel you fellow secondworlder kun
        don't let it bring you down, you are fresh out of school, salary will grow

In your place I'd try to learn which c**ts have the most developed industries for your major and try to aim getting a job there
        don't take it as an offense but bulgaria doesn't exactly make an impression of a c**t with developed industries

realistically speaking it's probably going to be germany lol

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Germany is super cucked with salary progression.
          what you should do, is keep living in Bulgaria and get an international job.

should be doable as an engineer.
          maybe check out wellfound for job offers.

t. German with an international job making about twice as much he would in a German job.

2. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

So take out a loan? If you mantain it and get an M2 Competition in Manual it will appreciate because the new M2 is fricking dogshit.

3. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Damn son, hit the oil rig or lrn2code

4. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

i thought you slants were supposed to be good at math and logic? (esp w/ a master's in engineering, wtf?)
    Bid your time and find a 1-2 year old m2 with a single owner and ~20k miles.
    At 20k miles the manufacturing defect issues that would have cropped up, likely have -- and the car still has most of it's useful, worry free life left. Compare that to the crapshoot of buying a brand new car..

And let's not even talk about the depreciation.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

my current shitbox, an inline 6 manual rwd god machine e91 325i is less than 100km away from 400k
      cars arent afraid of being driven, they are fricked by bad maintanance

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

i hear ya, 2011 E88 pushing 100k miles here as my DD. I plan on driving her until the wheels fall off.
        the n55 is actually a pretty easy to work on, solid engine -- provided it's well maintained. The only downside is the car has a DCT vs a manual. Can't help but think it's a ticking time bomb.
        But looking at the direction the car market is going, it's frightening. Shitty little 4 cylinders with turbos that are basically guaranteed to fail at around 100k miles, failure prone electronics. Impossible to fix, plastic body work that roughly totals the car from minor fender benders. yuck!
        Letting politicians dictate emissions and efficiency standards to engineers is a gigantic mistake. New cars made today will absolutely not last nearly as long as their predecessors. All for saving just a teensy bit of gas mileage (irrespective of the energy and pollution caused by building disposable cars...)

Christ, last night i replaced the rear diff gasket and fluid on my 1998 f150 with 337k miles. Inside the diff, it was absolutely immaculate, the gears had ZERO wear. compare that to a modern ford?

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>cars arent afraid of being driven, they are fricked by bad maintanance
        My car's well-serviced MT-82 undercuts your argument, sir

5. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It might work out. I made $40k until I was 30 and then my salary doubled overnight. $80k isn’t a lot for a 30 year old but it’s enough to finance a somewhat decent sports car.

6. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Move dude, you put in the work, find an economy that works for you

7. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

new cars are touchscreen infested nanny to death garbage. why in the frick would you want one?

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Girls don’t care if you drive an old car. It doesn’t matter if it’s a Ferrari. If it’s old, they assume you’re poor.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

That applies to city Black folk.
        I used to have the hottest farmer's daughters loaded up in my 2wd '70 chevy truck with mismatch doors, headed down to the river to go "fishing".
        Now I live in the city and have a nice car like all the other dildos.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Sure you did…

Back in reality, the farmers daughters don’t frick the local redneck with a beat up Chevy but they do frick the older guy with a Beamer once they move to the city for college.

8. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Get a used M2 for sure. The new one is a POS.

The M235i is really damn close to an M2 in all ways but the LSD. Aim there if you don’t want to take a loan out

9. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>I did everything right except move to another country
    That's arguably the most important step. If you do everything right and you still live in India then you're still amongst the streetshitters and phone scammers.

10. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

M235i is 85% of the car for 40% of the money.

11. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Anon, it's better to take out a loan on a car because usually you can let the money grow in your bank account instead of handing it all over at once.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Ooof, those killer 0.08% interests are going to save his ass.

12. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Just move somewhere else bro

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Wow dude you’re living my dream. I actually have the money. It’s the wife that stops me

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Just emotionally manipulate her, like women always do. Something along the lines of "if you really loved me, you wouldn't try to take away the things that make me happy"

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Do you ever feel like an autismo owning all the same brand? Sincere question.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

if bmw has million number of fans i am one of them. if bmw has ten fans i am one of them. if bmw has no fans. that means i am no more
        I have owned other brands but BMWs are worth the premium for the fun and performance features to me

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Are you Turkish?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Whiter than you carlos

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

It was just a question, bud.

13. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>don't try at all in all my years of school
    >get a job in the trades
    >I can afford nice things
    >????

You should forget about some tacky fricking hookah mobile and start banking your supposedly good pay for when you inevitably get laid off.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>some tacky fricking hookah mobile
      Poorgay detected

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

If you weren't poor you would have a truck and a fun weekend toy. Not a base model hookah mobile. Keep coping Mohammod.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

poor cope.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>muh trades
      Enjoy your chronic pain at 40 onwards you fricking moron.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

My trade involves little to no physical effort or strain. Most of my day is just sitting in $5m houses starting at my laptop.

14. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I know how you feel except for me it's building a car from scratch

15. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Going to go trade my X3M40 in this weekend. What should I get bros?

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Why are you trading it?

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Bored of it after four years and my wife just picked up an X1.

https://i.imgur.com/e9YDncW.jpeg

G87

At least it isn't the giant sniffer grills

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

G87

16. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>yuropeen with an M2 and an s1000RR

umm... based?

17. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

[...]

i was in sofia a little while ago and never saw so many S AMG and brabus in my life. what are those guys doing that you're not?

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

being corrupt and in organized crime or in shit like the booming gambling business

I have seen only one person that drives a black amg thats not a slimy overweight tough guy frick

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

figured, that sucks. if you're in software try to land a remote gig with a western company. your english seems good enough to be able to manage.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

> in shit like the booming gambling business
        Then get in that, homosexual. Do you have what it takes to get the cars you want?

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

im not a slimeball

Germany is super cucked with salary progression.
          what you should do, is keep living in Bulgaria and get an international job.

should be doable as an engineer.
          maybe check out wellfound for job offers.

t. German with an international job making about twice as much he would in a German job.

I just checked market and it looks kinda optimistic, want to finish rennovating my apartament first though

[...]
          >I wish I could, I'd like to...
          Fkn lold. Wishing you the best broheem. You'll get that M2.

t-thanks

[...]
          You speak English. Just go. You don’t even need German. Dude, anyone from Bulgaria who stood to make money by creating engineering jobs went to Germany to do it. You’re shooting your self in the foot.

arent germans racist as frick if you dont speak german though, the fricking c**ts

18. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

[...]

>I wish I could, I'd like to...
    Fkn lold. Wishing you the best broheem. You'll get that M2.

19. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

[...]

You speak English. Just go. You don’t even need German. Dude, anyone from Bulgaria who stood to make money by creating engineering jobs went to Germany to do it. You’re shooting your self in the foot.

20. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

new cars are horrid mate anything aft after 2014 is complete botnet remote shutoff and 4g or 5g/wifi pita to tune dunno why youd want one, even my dumb pre smart shit 2010 and 2012 shitboxes have stupid electrical issues i cant even tune out as shit breaks

21. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Take the shit box pill.
    I've been poor all my life and have driven nothing but sports cars.

22. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Unironically build a car. You have a master's in engineering. You could build a personalized Ford GT40 for $10,000-$35,000

>https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a43689738/ford-gt40-for-less-than-the-price-of-a-toyota-camry/
    >Ben Beames: How I Didn't Build a GT40 From Scratch
    >https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoolQMkFx9To6Mc-okimaFLEmiIQkr2uc&si=EyRfTU97FWc6vBWO

You could even design your own body if you want, it's merely a starting point. Go wild. You literally have nothing to lose if all you want is cheap thrills.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

this honestly. you'll know how to fix everything yourself when something does go wrong

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

this honestly. you'll know how to fix everything yourself when something does go wrong

>just build your own car from scratch bro
      NEETs don't realize how little free time people with actual jobs have.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

skill issue

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

You’re dealing with literal high schoolers, or at least mentally still children

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

yeah, is that right? don't have you have a shota thread to coom up right now?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

dude your brain is fried.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>using "dude" in 2024
            Grow up, and get a real job you fricking addict.
            >"I can quit any time!"
            Prove it, homosexual

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

You dont have that kind of knowledge coming out from school. After school you need at least 5 more years in the industry to get to know your field properly

t. Masters in construction engineering

23. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Ajde bugaru ne budi picka i kdi u svicarsku ili belgiju,tamo mozes da zaradis 10 puta koliko imas kod kuce a istina je da treba njihov jezik da naucis a i engelski moras znat dobro.

24. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>I deserve to drive a new-ish sports car
    Why?

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *