Could I expect a 2024 toyota corolla to last me 40 years? Assuming I take care of it and don't live in a rust area?

Could I expect a 2024 toyota corolla to last me 40 years? Assuming I take care of it and don't live in a rust area? Or is this level of toyota dependability a thing of the past?

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

1. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

You should never expect any modern car to last more than 15 years at best.
    But how long any vehicle "lasts" is up to the tenacity of the owner. I mean if you change the battery and the CVT at least once and spend a few grand for electrical gremlins then yeah, it might absolutely last 40 years.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

15 yrs pretty good. I just want a faster less ugly version of this car.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>Less ugly
        What you got, senpai?
        2016 base model Cory?

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

i have mazda 6 2020 non turbo, but i plan on selling it to get something a bit faster

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

in the 1990s the average life expectancy of a car was 5 years

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I don't drive a ton. And its not too shocking to imagine a 1984 toyota still on the road, yea? Do they make them better or worse now?

2. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Could I expect a 2024 toyota corolla to last me 40 years?

Probably not given all the electronics packed into it. The hybrid one at least should be able to comfortably make at least 20 since it’s using components that have been well proven in other Toyota hybrids.

The interior will probably be clapped and miserable well before then, since Toyota cheaped out heavily on their interiors’ quality starting around 2010, and I doubt they improved things since then for cost cutting reasons.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Why would electronics not last?
      Unless you expose them to water or some other shit, electronics can last practically forever

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Heat cycle stress on solder points - yes, it's rated for wild temperature swings. No, not for decades on end

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>t. tin whiskers

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>electromigration

3. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Yes, parts availiblity is practically unlimited, the engine bay is relatively roomy, and the electrical/electronics stuff is independent of the power train. If the world ended tomorrow, these are the cars that you're going to be able to keep running for decades after.

4. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It will last a 200k miles for sure.

5. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

What about this?

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

ugly

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

But it sold ice cream, anon

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Discount too
      https://www.hydrogenfuelnews.com/hydrogen-car-2023-toyota-mirai/8563242/

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous
  6. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

it can easily last 15-20 years. From experience do not run the AC to high for too long as it will cause an issue with the engine coolant bypass that was also in the RAV4. dealers will try to charge you 800 but the part is 120-170 and you can do it yourself.

7. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Why go for a Corolla when you could get Camry for just a bit more?

8. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Keeping my Corolla 30 years as well, two years into it so far. I do admit I don't really know how to protect the cheap ass interior

9. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Lmao, absolutely not. I hate to sound like a boomer but they don't build them like they used to. Toyota isn't anything special anymore, they'll last 4-5 years longer than the competition. You should expect initial replacements to come around in the first 5 years, things to start breaking and needing actual repairs by 8-10 years, and completely shitting the bed by 12-14 years.

>t. owned multiple Toyotas that followed the same path despite taking exceptional care of them.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

There are 2018 Corolla's with 200,000km on the clock already and their are mechanic vouching their build quality is still far ahead of Korean cars. Stop coping.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

200k kms (which is not a lot) over 6 years and 200k km's over 15+ years are extremely different things. Time always does more wear than distance.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

OK boomer

10. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The drivetrain? Sure. The interior (at the very least the drivers bottom cushion) and every single electrical doodad? Probably not.

11. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Absolutely. Cars are better built now than they ever have been. People cope about it but that's the reality coming from a guy who dds a 35yo diesel truck so I'm not biased.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *