Crazy that the official?

Crazy that the official DA state scores are actually about the same for how good a state is to drive in (obv Alaska/Montana/Idaho/Nevada would be lower, but other than that seems about dead accurate to me)

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>wateriswet.png

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

What did they grade them on, exactly?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Eh, the Eastern half is way off from how it actually is to drive there.

It's never been clearly defined on purpose. Leaving it vague and open to interpretation is an DA passtime, but generally the criteria is some mix of:
      >aesthetic appeal
      >ease of access
      >biological diversity
      >topographical diversity
      >variety/quality of outdoor activities
      >relative distance from crowded urban centers
      >presence of public lands
      >historical landmarks
      >natural predators or parasites
      Etc
      There's dozens of revisions for this map

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Driving in Alaska sucks too. Good to see all the states rated higher than hawaii as well. hawaii is pretty fricking gay as it were

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I honestly think we should just get rid of Hawaii and make Michigan's UP the new 50th state instead.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

isn't DA a bunch of brain rotted cali homosexuals

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Alaska/Montana/Idaho/Nevada would be lower
    Yes, absolutely.
    1.0 states really, never drive there for any reason.
    Please. It would be 0.0 with traffic on the roads.

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Idaho is full and our roads suck dont come here.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

You're fricked bro. Commiefornains are moving to Idaho like Africans move to Europe.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/NCsBQNi.jpeg

Idaho is full and our roads suck dont come here.

Too late, you can't stop us. We're moving in and voting straight Democrat across the ballot. The Blue Tide™ will stretch from the Pacific to Idaho

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>WI higher than MN
    Yeah, nah.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

There is much more of the Driftless Region within WI.

https://i.imgur.com/RSi7TIj.png

Crazy that the official DA state scores are actually about the same for how good a state is to drive in (obv Alaska/Montana/Idaho/Nevada would be lower, but other than that seems about dead accurate to me)

North Carolina should be rated higher for driving, lack of public land (I'm guessing) otherwise makes sense for the lower DA score.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>Driftless Region
        Ok, you win. I'm also reminded of the time that I drove up to Canada and drove through what felt like 200 miles of flat land with pine trees and nothing else. The only time that I've ever used cruise control in my life.

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>wyoming gets a 7
    holy frick have you ever driven through wyoming?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Eh, the north-south drive is shit, but if you close in on the front range and the western part of the state it gets interesting
      Assuming you don't need, like, gas, food, or water

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>biggest concentration of fun driving roads
    >almost none existent cop presence on fun roads
    >even basic b***h traffic drives 10-20 miles over the speed limit

California mogs all other states by a wide margin

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Why is texas so low? I thought it was big and biodiverse, with topographical diversity. i thought it would have been more like california

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Texans are morons who don't know how to build road properly.
      Texans are morons who don't know how to drive.
      Texans are morons in general.

That 1.5 is exceedingly generous.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Private land galore.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Nearly all of rural Texas is bought up private land inhabitated by lead-brained boomer ranchers who insist on shooting you if you take even a single step on their property. They even bought up all the lands surrounding public USFS/BLM land that would normally be free to visit for DA stuff, then charging people a fee to pass through their lands to get to it. There are a few hidden gems in Texas still, but the locals ruined it for everyone else.
      Not to mention younger Texans give Caligays a run for their money on who is gayer

isn't DA a bunch of brain rotted cali homosexuals

There's a handful of them. Most of DA is either mountain state larpers or Eastoids coping over lyme disease.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

They don't all shoot ya, in some places you can pay like $400/hr to hike on their lands

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

no, it's mostly pine forests or desert with nothing but some scrub brush. Big bend is kind of interesting but the state as a whole is lame.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Houston to Phoenix drive is a top 3 worst

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Pa and Va both have tons of cool DA shit, I don't understand how they score worse than tiny ass New England states. Have I been trolled?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>entire Adirondack and Appalachian ranges score worse than fricking Florida
      Yes.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Virginia being a 3 for driving
      Maybe if you're a boring dipshit that only drives on the highway and b***hes about traffic not going fast enough. VA has amazing back roads and better pavement on it's back roads then most states have on their highways.

The Piedmont region in VA is a huge chunk of the state and has almost very limited outdoor opportunities.

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>but other than that seems about dead accurate to me)
    No it isn't. Driving isn't just about scenery, there's a huge thing: how strict the law enforcement is.
    Northeast is very underrated in that respect.

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>New Hampshire 5
    >Florida that high
    are you kidding me?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Yeah NH is pretty good. FL is gay though

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

How the hell does NY outrank almost half of New England, NJ, and PA?
    t. New Yorker

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Upstate NY is kino.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

NY is 54,000 square miles of half-tamed mountains, hills, rivers, waterfalls and lakes with a 1,000 square mile cancerous and perpetually metastasizing tumor attached at the southeast.
      >t. New Yorker
      Stay there.

13. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>shithole deserts that were literally uninhabitable before dams to redirect water and air conditioning rank higher than forested areas with mountains

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>he doesn't know that large swathes of Arizona and New Mexico have high elevation communities that never see a single day over 90°F

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>some high areas aren't death valley
        >this equates it to being better that literally the entire country east of the Mississippi

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

My point was that you didn't seem to understand that the southwest had a lot more to offer than just deserts. It's okay if you didn't know anon, I won't judge.

14. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Hills == curvy roads
    Hills == not good for agriculture so they get turned into national parks/national forests/etc

15. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

How is PA a 2?

16. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Whoever made this is a moron. Why are Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa, and Oklahoma Zero?

Those are some of the best states to drive in. They are sparsely populated and with overbuilt highways. You can cruise around Kansas with ease and never really run into a lot of traffic. There are roads with winding hills and long straightaways. Plus Kansas doesn't require a front license plate. I especially don't understand how you get away with giving a rating of 1 to Illinois or New Jersey, but Kansas is zero, makes absolutely no fricking sense.

And why is Missouri a 3? Missouri is basically the same as Kansas but with inferior road maintenance and more traffic. Whoever made this map is a gigantic moron.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

The scores are for hiking I think

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>The scores are for hiking I think

I just noticed it said DA...at first I thought it said DA

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *