CTS-V and ATS-V

CTS-V and ATS-V
Why are they hardly talked about here? Are they any good?

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

it's a camaro 4door the camaro has the better track performance

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

But I want a sedan for the space, with a more premium feel. Is it the right car?

Expensive and worse in some way or form than the class leading BMW M3 (usually interior or reliability)

M3 doesn't have a 6.2 V8.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

M3 instead makes 700whp from intakes, exhaust/downpipe, E85, and a tune and weighs around 3750lbs.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

It also looks like a bucktoothed moron. I wouldn't be seen dead in a new BMW.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous
          • 2 months ago
            Anonymous

they're both fugly

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Anyone with the gift of sight who didn't have the misfortune of being born Chinese should be able to tell you that the Alfa mogs the bucktoothed beamer.

Giant grills are a terrible trend in car design. They're terrible on Lexus and they're an absolute abomination on the new BMWs.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I genuinely do not understand how people find the Edsel ugly
            >also daily reminder Henry Ford killed his son by making him drink unpasteurized milk when he had aggressive stomach cancer

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>I genuinely do not understand how people find the Edsel ugly

Well you must be BMW's target audience.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

You're having a laugh if you think they're even close to the same
            You could probably fit 4 of those in the nu-BMW grille

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

thats actually good for you

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Not when you have a heavily compromised immune system. You might as well encourage patients with Stage 4 lung cancer to roll in cow shit

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

it isn't when you've been afflicted with cancer for over a year to the point you're half the weight you once were and can walk around you tardo
            ffs the common cold can kill you at that point

nah its good

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous
          • 2 months ago
            Anonymous

it isn't when you've been afflicted with cancer for over a year to the point you're half the weight you once were and can walk around you tardo
            ffs the common cold can kill you at that point

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>can walk
            can barely walk*

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Then how is the milk what killed him? Sounds to me like the cancer killed him and the milk was at most the straw that broke the camel's back.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Wow it's almost like unpasteurized milk has a ton of pathogens in it like listeria and e. coli
            You know, the same reason you (and Henry) encourage it for a stronger immune system?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>shoot a cancer patient in the chest
            >nah it wasn't me that killed him it was the cancer

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Yeah everyone knows Princess Anastasia didn't die from a Bolshevik firing squad, she died from her hemophilia

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>shoot a cancer patient in the chest

With milk?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Maybe he froze it and shot him with a CIA ice dart gun

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Because it's full of salmonella and e coli. Which is why literally every medical professional worth a frick tells you to avoid giving it to newborns

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>death by unpasteurized milk

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

For someone who hated the Dodge Brothers as much as he did Henru Ford acted like a straight up israelite.
            >Model T sales are slipping and its falling behind competition
            >Edsel tells him it's because it's outdated and slower than the rest of the market and they need to make a change
            >Henry thinks Edsel is a fricktard for even suggesting it and says they just need more advertising
            >Only begins to think otherwise after a couple years of poor sales and numerous other people telling him the same thing
            >Edsel proposes the Model A and Henry thinks it's stupid - until all of Henry's friends think it's a good idea, suddenly now he's all on board with it
            >Edsel tries to convince Henry over the course of months to let him play a part in it
            >begrudgingly let's him
            >Edsel designed the chassis while Henry designed the engine which ended up being hardly different than before
            >Edsel steps in an improves the intake manifold which gives it more power than before
            >Henry wasn't impressed. But everyone else was which therefore made him approve of it
            >puts it into production and the Model A sells like hot cakes
            >once its successful Henry goes "me, it was all me and my ideas, I did this"
            >continues on hating his son and thinking less of him

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

You heckin won the internet with this post, heres your reddit gold good sir (or madam)

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Dodge brothers were israeli and therefore worshiped satan and ritually murdered Whites. Whatever you make up about Ford doesn't change that fact.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Literally not one thing I said was made up

You heckin won the internet with this post, heres your reddit gold good sir (or madam)

...? huh?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

idk I think becoming a majority shareholder in your competitors company just so you can force them to make poor decisions in attempts to sink their profits and boost yours in return is the ultimate israelite move

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

that rear door needs adjusted like a prostitute needs god

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I couldn't tell you a single thing about any Predator-grilled Lexus because I turned 360 degrees as soon as I saw them.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

They both look like shit.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>m'shallah

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

owl beats sniffer

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Portimao Blue and Isle of Man (Emerald) Green looks stunning on them, and the tire fitments on them from the factory is perfect. 275/40/18s front and 285/35/19s rear. B58 and S58s are gems of engines and unironically peak ICE.

You can get a 2 year old one for $60k.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

for the same price you can get a tesla plaid that makes 1025hp/1025tq and runs a 9.2.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

What mods are there to bump that up to 1200? Are there any good bolt ons? I know toyota put a lot of effort into making the tesla so there has to be something you can do with them

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

it runs a 9.2 what the frick do you need more for? have you ever been in a 9 second car?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

yeah but then you're driving a tesla

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

He doesn't care, if you play the stats game he's going to pull out the Tesla uno reverse card.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

I don't care about stats, I'd rather drive a 250 HP v8 than a 700 whp inline 6.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>I would rather drive a bone stock 1991 SC400 than a SC300 with a single turbo S366 2JZ!

How you sound

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Look man inline 6s are sweet and all, but I like naturally aspirated engines and i like 8 cylinders. Theres sound and character that cant be gotten elsewhere, no matter the numbers.
            That shit is disappearing from the world, and if i can only make one major car purchase in the next 10 years, it will have to be that.
            If we talk about modern cars: I take Lexus IS 500 over BMW M340i even if the latter can DEMOLISH the former on a racetrack.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>I take Lexus IS 500 over BMW M340i even if the latter can DEMOLISH the former on a racetrack
            I don't think that's a bad decision. The M340i is a fair bit clinical, and I could see someone choosing the IS or even one of the Type-S sedans over it if you're looking for something specific

• 2 months ago
            Sage all ugly slow gay cars

>choosing the IS or even one of the Type-S sedans over it if you're looking for something specific
            i.e. something ugly, slow, and gay?

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

it also doesn't handle as well.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Compared to what?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

the ATS-V. BMW can't compete with Cadillac's chassis engineering.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Can you post something to back that up? Also are you gonna just say muh chassis engineering and muh willow springs like another glue sniffer or you going to elaborate

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous
          • 2 months ago
            Anonymous
        • 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Did you miss the port injection, moron?
          You are running an entire second fuel system, which you can also do with an ATS and make the same power. Shit, I could make 700 with my 335, it would probably come apart but it's a 17 yo car that cost 1/10th the price.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Yeah and, it's still comically fast. It's putting down tuned Hellcat numbers while being nearly 700lbs lighter than one. Even if you kept it on pump gas and stock fueling it's just 600~ whp instead.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>It's putting down tuned Hellcat numbers
            Is it?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

That's not even street legal.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

It's legal in any state that BMW is.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

What, you a cop?

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

?si=hoxtmaKPc3psPxC_

Bolt ons stock turbo. Lf4s frick b***hes

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Get an older ctsv if you want a small block sedan. Newer stuff is even more invasive with electronics and such. They're also even less reliable

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

LOOK AT THE SPECS LOOK AT THE TRACM TIMES!!!!! You are a bus rider.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

gay answer

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Expensive and worse in some way or form than the class leading BMW M3 (usually interior or reliability)

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

the blackwing versions are compelling, but the -V ones not so much

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

No, the V cars were the original blackwings.
      Then today we have the V cars that don't actually mean anything, so they had to create the blackwing trim

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>the blackwing versions are compelling, but the -V ones not so much
      The ATS-V and CTS-V came out before the whole Blackwing BS. They were top of the line for their models. Even the only "real" Blackwing was just called the "CT6-V" during its production and didn't have Blackwing attached to its moniker. Every other "Blackwing" car didn't get the Blackwing V8TT engine so the name just became a trim level and the regular V cars were just the mid-tier option.

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

in 2014 I went to Maui for Christmas/New Years and a solid 50% of the rental cars on the road were ATS-Vs and I've never been able to look at them the same again

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Not sure what kind of automotive fever dream you were having but when i went to Maui in 2022 all the rental cars were Camrys and K5s.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Well I went in 2014 so idk what your point is, things change in 8 years. When I was there literally every car was either an ATS-V, a Camaro, a Passat or a Ford Flex

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>a solid 50% of the rental cars on the road were ATS-Vs
      No, you didn't. ATS-Vs were never fleet rentals for big rental companies. You most likely mistook the base ATS models as Vs.

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I feel like all modern luxury cars are a waste of money. This isn't the 90s anymore where a base model car was a rattly plastic death trap. Even a base model Corolla is pretty nice inside and for a few extra bucks you can add pretty much every option or feature you want. What exactly do you get for paying $30k for a CTSV over a ZL1? Is it really worth that much to have slightly more rear legroom?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Leg room is always worth it but there's just no cheap performance sedans anymore. No crown vic, no caprice, just a chrysler 300. If chevy released a rwd $30k 5.3 powered 4 door, it'd be the last car I ever owned, but thats just never gonna happen

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Are your rear passengers paying you 30 grand for the leg room? How often are you carrying around 3 other adults that it's necessary for you to have full size backseats even if it means having a bigger heavier slower car that's less fun to drive?

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Well how often does someone who has 30k saved go for a camaro ss cash vs 30k down on a ctsv and finance it? Someone who wants 4 doors to fool around in is gonna buy a used ctsv. Someone buying brand new either has scraped together enough for a downpayment to which rear seats don't matter to them, or they only buy a ctsv for the rear seats cause they can afford a ctsv. Its never a direct question of "is the extra $30k worth it?" Cause its apples to oranges here. If I can buy a used 6 speed ctsv for $25k vs $20k for a used camaro, why go for the camaro if I want a fast sedan?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I don't even know what you're talking about at this point. I was talking about a CTSV vs a ZL1 but now you're talking about financing used base model camaros and I don't even care. Waste your money if you want to. At least your rear passengers will be comfy when you get smoked at the lights by a ZL1 owner with a fat wallet.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Are you moronic? Who is gonna choose between a zl1 or a ctsv? My whole point was they don't compete with each other. Either you prioritize speed or you prioritize 5 seats. There's no in between. Extra leg room and 5 seats is worth the extra for someone who needs 5 seats. No rich dad with a wife and 3 kids is gonna go "yeah I know the ctsv is nice but what if we just put timmy on billy's lap so we can all fit in the zl1". They're 2 different cars

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>CTS
    Old news, no clue what the market is on those things but I'm going to assume they suffer from nasty boomer tax
    >ATS
    I've only ever seen two in real life. They lost points for the whole >V6 thing but they're rad as hell otherwise

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>I'm going to assume they suffer from nasty boomer tax
      It's ridiculous.

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I've thought about getting a used ATS-V Coupe, they look cool and are fast.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

They cost a fortune, like $40,000 for a 2016.

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>Why are they hardly talked about here?
    90% of this board is busriders. The people that own cars have either shitboxes or drive soulless cuckwagons. The 0.01% of posters here that have a decently cool car are just tourists from DA or DA that cashed out their crypto.

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Got rid of my f80 m3 for a 4BW. If you are an actual enthusiast, Cadillac performance sedans are as good as it gets.

Gm actually let the engineers make a proper sedan. Tons of little things that just make me smile

Manual ctsvs are the breasts
    Ats-v’s are amazing but the interior is yuck especially the steering wheel. CUE sucks too.

The new 4/5 blackwing will go down as the best performance sedans ever made. Don’t even think about being a gay and going auto.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Turbos and torque converters are like chocolate and peanut butter.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

While, yes, auto performance Cadillacs are fast as frick…. You buy one to row gears. Tr6060 is probably the best manual ever made.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Fair enough, I like my drag racing.

10. 2 months ago
    Sage all ugly slow gay cars

Because they're ugly, slow, and gay
    LOL @ assembled in detroit

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous
  12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I liked the old GT racercars they had back in the day. They used to dominate until factory teams started to get banned from GT racing.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *