Current Generation Corolla on 300,000km

Just in case you were wondering if they still had legendary reliability.

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Here's a previous gen (3.3L?) Chrysler Town and Country with 600k miles on it's original drivetrain.
    I find it neat when I run across unsuspecting cars with crazy mileage

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

kinda makes you wonder what causes people to hang on to cars like this for so long. most people get tired of their cars well before they're at the end of their life spans.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>most people get tired of their cars well before they're at the end of their life spans.
        You've just described the ridiculous paradigm of the US Market, that really didn't exist until the 2000's.
        No, I haven't bothered to search for Empirical data, rather it's my own anecdote from memory.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

My two are at 300k and 275k now.
        IDK it became kinda fun seeing how long they can really go.

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>300k km
    >toyota
    >2018
    wow its nothing.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Yeah. It will go to more than triple that before something goes wrong

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>300,000 km
    so what? my gmt400 has 186,000 miles too.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

What an ugly shitbomb, frick you for makign me google that

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

My buddies 18 Elantra did the same with no issues with just oil changes. It's pointless paying the Toyota premium these days.

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

the engine and troony won't die but
    >replace parts
    >still leaks
    >while desperately searching for source of leak
    >notice another leak
    >remember that you have to spend over 1000 dollars on the timing belt/waterpump/coolant/whatever
    >what are the chances after you do that a leak spring from the radiator or something
    what is it about old toyotas that makes all the wear and tear maintenance happen all at once and seemingly never end

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Planned obsolescence. All wear items die at the same time, so it becomes uneconomic to fix.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I bought a 20 year old yota that had a bunch of leaks, fixed them for about 500 bucks because I did the work myself
      Now it'll go for another 20 years no problem

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

This is why there's 2+ year waiting lists on Toyota products, especially hybrids in Australia

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>abdul thinks his flogged, molested, uber eats shitbox is worth 14 thousand dollars
    >probably STINKS of indian b/o (curry and human feces)
    >ESL description
    yep its marketplace time

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>random Corolla reaches 300,000km
    >DA: sugoi.. absolutely legendary!! suburashi
    >random BMWs reach 300,000km all the time
    >DA: huh? IMPOSSIBRU GOROLLA GREATEST

https://www.autoscout24.com/lst/bmw/5-series-(all)?atype=C&cy=D%2CA%2CB%2CE%2CF%2CI%2CL%2CNL&damaged_listing=exclude&desc=1&fregfrom=2017&powertype=kw&search_id=nplj5c5512&sort=mileage&source=homepage_search-mask&ustate=N%2CU

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

[...]

km
    190,571 miles in real American™ units, as opposed to Kucklometres

10. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

300,000 km Corollas aren't that uncommon in Finland. Though almost all them are Corolla "Touring Sports" wagons.
    The road noise on studded winter tires and roads damaged by frost and said tires is really something, but I guess they're fairly efficient and well equipped at least.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Neither are volkswagens, mercedes, BMWs and other krautshit. 300k is absolutely nothing and if a car can't make it at least there without any issues, it's a total piece of shit.
      Even korean garbage from the 90s manage to do that.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

i have an old unmaintained 90s AMG with almost 300,000km. who gives a frick about 300k km? 300,000 MILES with only basic maintenance might actually mean something. 300,000 km is meaningless. any car should make that with only basic maintenance. the most bullshit kia that I would never drive can make that. frick you homosexual OP.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

No one knows what a mile is, only fat truck drivers who suck mexican and nagger wiener keep mentioning miles, they're also poor because their government is worse than Kim Jong Un at spending money on the military

11. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

COPE

BMWS do not reach 300k without lengthy uber expensive parts of mystical failures.

12. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>Not the GR
    Who the frick cares.

13. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

cool blogpost

14. 1 month ago
    s10fag

>not even 200k mi
    ive seen ford fusions at bhph lots with more milage

15. 1 month ago