Dacia or Ford?

>UK
>Want £8,000. £10,000 absolute max.
>I don't wrench.
>Drive under 3000 miles a year.
Dacia or Ford? I've only ever driven Fords and I reckon they're better cars, but Dacia's are looking so cheap that I'm tempted to just go for it.

CRIME Shirt $21.68

UFOs Are A Psyop Shirt $21.68

CRIME Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>I don't wrench
    Just on principle, I'm going to say stay away from Ford.
    >t.American

I had to look into Dacia
    >Cheap car
    >Romanian
    >Parts are cheap
    Frick it. Go with Dacia.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Why stay away from Ford? I'm happy with every Ford I've owned.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

F - fix
        o - it
        r - again
        d - tony

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Budget looks pretty high for a second hand dacia
    You only buying < 3 years old?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I'm happy with worse, but £8,000 seems to be entry level for a decent Ford. The dealership I happened to look at also didn't have any extremely cheap Dacias.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Alright anon. I'll shoot for £6,500. Happy?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Budget is also high considering proposed yearly mileage.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

It seems to be about the going rate for a car with a low mileage.

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

You can get a good mk7 fiesta st for that
    Spending 10k to drive a fricking dacia is deranged behaviour

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

You genuinely cannot get a good 2017+ Fiesta for £8,000. You can for £10,000.

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>UK
    >I don't wrench.
    >Dacia or Ford?
    Suzuki
    https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202402236870447

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>autotrader

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

buy a Panda

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Frick no. I have never encountered a Fiat driver who can exceed 40 mph.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

I feel attacked.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

You should. I have never failed to overtake a Fiat. I drive an ancient Ford shitbox.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>Fiat

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I mean you could probably get an MG3 that's only a couple of years old, they have a 7 year warranty. If you just want an appliance and not have to worry about repairing it.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Unless you want a very high mileage, they're slightly over budget.

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202403067272002
    https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202404038238385
    Thank me later.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>90,000 miles

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Toyota Auris/Avensis, thank me 200000 trouble free miles later

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I do 3,000 miles a year.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Get a Yaris then

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Have you checked the prices?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Whats wrong with something like this?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

50,000 miles and 10 years old. A Dacia for the same price has half of those.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Yes and a dacia for the same price is also complete piece of shit, hence the price.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

What's wrong with a £6,500 Dacia?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Build quality. My friend got a Sandero Stepway when they first came out, bragging about having a brand new car for £20 or whatever. Not joking it felt like the doors and dash were made of cardboard. They use the previous generation Renault drivetrains so it's all old hat when new. You're asking for advice but seem dead set on a Dacia, go to a place with tons of cars and sit in several different ones back to back, tell me if you still want a Dacia. Only reason you'd buy one is you have a shit company car policy and have to have a newish car for under xyz pounds a month.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Thanks anon. I'm glad that I've finally heard a good reason to turn away from the Dacia.

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>can buy a sub 10 year old car with 25000 miles or less for $6500
    ameribros did we get too wienery..

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Digits suggest otherwise.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Blessed.

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I bought a 2010 dacia sandero with 60.000km for 3k euros, 20.000 km later zero problems, it works great. It consumes very little too. I wouldn't limit myself to newer cars, the older ones had less electronics globohomosexual in them as well. Simple and reliable.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Tell me why it sucks.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

It doesn't. Yeah it doesn't have luxurious interiors, or a good sound system for example. But I don't care, it's really cheap and reliable at taking you from A to B.

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

With the low mileage you expect to be doing per year, I'd completely discount a diesel. That all but rules out Ford as their petrol engines have well documented issues with their wet belts.

The 1.25 is the only exception I can think of, it's a reliable unit; but avoid anything with ecoboost on it. Even the newer ones that changed to a chain still have a wet belt for the oil pump. Give much worse mpg than claimed too.

Toyota Honda, Mazda, Susuki all have good small petrol engines. Hard to go far wrong with any of them tbh.

Don't know much of anything about Dacia petrol engines. Assuming they use Renault engines like the diesel cars do, they're probably decent. In general they're cheap cars, but cheap enough for parts to fix too. Do the job if you just want to get from A to B.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Good point. I'll ignore the Fords.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>but avoid anything with ecoboost on it
      The 1.6 is bombproof, there are very few 1.6 turbos that can make that sort of power

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>bombproof
        Doubt it. Ecoboomer.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

The Mk7 ST is almost exclusively owned by chavs who bolt big turbos on them and go stage 3 pops and bangs cuz innit. The block and pistons are incredibly sturdy.
          Despite this (and getting on for about 10 years old now) they don't have any sort of reputation for blowing up or other major failures. The only other modern 4cyl engine that's modified that much and survives that well is the EA888

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>With the low mileage you expect to be doing per year, I'd completely discount a diesel.
      What does mileage have to do with fuel choice?

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

https://voca.ro/1jbEC2zSFy3B

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

You are well aware that Dacias are 15 year old Renaults underneath right? They are built by fricking Romanians down to the cheapest price possible, largely for the Indian market

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Is that a problem?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Dunno are you a shitskin with £50 to buy a running car or are you a real human with a job that can afford something built for the white man?
        A dacia is on the same level as a scooter except with a scooter you might get some zoomer b***hes on your dick

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

I make £2,500 a month.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Richest man in britain

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

I'm genuinely pretty well off, I've just found myself in need of a car shortly after blowing my emergency fund on an investment that was too good to pass up. I took a calculated risk.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I make £2800 a month (after tax) and I drive a range rover, comfortably.
            Look at F10 BMWs or something since you can clearly afford it . At the end of the day you spend a LOT of time in your car, the shitty plastic interior might not bother you but you'd be a fool to settle for something like a Dacia when you can easily have something far nicer.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>At the end of the day you spend a LOT of time in your car
            3000 miles a year.

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

if you're doing that few miles why spend so much?
    Dacia is just renault so reliability could be hit or miss.
    Ford has had their fair share of moronic engineering lately too though (1.0L ecoboom)
    if it were me i'd just find something older but plentiful e.g. corsa, fiesta, 500, etc.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

You've confused me. You've ruled out Ford but then specifically named a Fiesta.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

well, it depends on the one you buy. You can't really just assume based on brand.
        stay away from the ecoboost engines with ford and you should be OK.
        if you were looking at corsas, get one of the chain driven engines (e.g. not the diesels).

or just do what most people do and just buy what you like and hope for the best.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>corsa
      This actually seems like an extremely reasonable idea. Why are you the first to suggest it?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

irrational hatred of corsas by many I suspect.

the 1.4 petrol corsa d is an extremely solid car. 99hp (plenty for bong roads) and naturally aspirated.
        Only thing that goes on them is the coil pack every few years but its one unit for the whole engine for 70 quid, so not even that bad.
        on top of that they're absolutely everywhere so every parts shop and garage will have stuff on hand to fix it.
        if you don't care about sports cars they're the perfect car for right now.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Seems legit.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

I've heard some horror stories about Corsa D petrols. Head gaskets and timing chains mainly. Could be down to the typical person that buys a Corsa though. Is the 1.4 a decent engine?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

idk mine was OK for the 5 years I had it.
            It's still on the road today (sold it 3 years ago).

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Who says it needs to be a D?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

the Z14XE is a solid little engine, the timing chain issues are from extended oil change intervals, just change the oil every 6k/3 months and it'll be fine.
            The only thing that the Z14 really suffers from is the coil pack cassette falling to bits and giving you a cyl 3 misfire. Costs about £60 to change last time I did one and takes all of 5 minutes, it's a single connector and 2x T30 bolts and right on top of the engine.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Thanks for the information. Out of curiosity, is the same true for the 1.0 and 1.2l engines? I know someone who fairly recently got the 1.0l and any info on it would be handy

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

I think they also do a 0.9.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

The 1.0 is a 3cyl and I haven't worked on one directly, the Z12 is basically idenicaly to the Z14 and has the same kinds of issues but tolerate abuse well, they're just a bit gutless.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Different anon here, I’ve got a corsa d, 94k miles on it, bodywork and interior look brand new. Just get oil and service done every year/5k miles.

I did have the coil pack issue the other bloke mentioned above, but yeah it didn’t cost a lot to fix.

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Get a high miler with full service history for half the price
    I bought a 2010 mondeo TXS for 3 grand with 150k on it 5 years ago (at 180k now) the only things it needed were tyres, brakes, filters and fluids. It's never let me down
    Most cars will last 20 years/200k as long as its serviced properly
    I would never buy a dacia or chinkshit kia/hyundai/mg, the embarrassment would end me
    If you don't need 4 seats buy an mx5 nc2 or nc3, 10ks a lot of money to spend on a dull shopping trolley

16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

If you do want a cheap Ford that doesn't break catastrophically get a 1.25 fiesta, not the ecoboost and not a mk3 focus.

Or spend £1500 on a good mk2 focus with the 1.6 engine, make sure it isn't rusty and the cambelt isn't due and have over 6k leftover.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>If you do want a cheap Ford that doesn't break catastrophically get a 1.25 fiesta, not the ecoboost
      https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202404048293598
      >le heckin ecoboom meme
      Stop being a girl

17. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

listen blud, if you're on a budget, you britbongs get fricked most on insurance. so toss a few cars into comparo websites and see how wild the differences are. also from what i hear from my uk contacts, if you don't actually call the insurance companies, like, on your phone, you'll get shafted on the price anyway.

that said, the Dacia can be super frugal long term because used previous-gen Renault parts grow on trees - which is a huge bonus if you have a thrifty mechanic available somewhere. and even if you go to stealerships for service, parts are cheap. as should be insurance.

get some sort of road assistance & courtesy car coverage for a few bob and you're good. it takes so much anxiety out of running an older daily that it's usually worth it. good luck.

Aside from that, my vote is Suzuki.

2017 33k mile 93BHP Swift for 7995 Pounds Sterling. Allgrip AWD might actually lower your insurance. For the same price you can have half the mileage in the FWD model. And basically frick all will go wrong with either in the 3000 pitiful miles you do per year:
    https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202404038256522

An Ignis is fine too. Unfortunately the Allgrips are much more expensive, but if you don't actually want AWD... might be cheaper to insure as it's a class lower than Swift: https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202402266937148

18. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

get yourself a nice little polo you lil niglet, you wont regret it

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

But I can buy a Polo for £2.

19. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I hope £6,500 isn't too much to spend on a Dacia.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

£6500 is what a sandero cost brand new in 2012 btw

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Sad.

20. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

3k toyota

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Won't those have like 300,000 miles?

21. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Mg mgbgt.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Good boy.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

It's perfect for OP's needs, can easily handle his sub 3k miles a year, can be purchased for between £3-8k depending on trim level and state of repair, can teach him basic wrenching with the minor repairs it will need every now and then, good English car. No foreign shitbox

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

What the frick is that?

22. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Does low mileage actually matter? Just get something with full service history.

23. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Thinking of just getting a Ford with 100,000 miles on it. Am I mad?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Are you fricking dumb? That's literally nothing.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

How? 100,000 miles is a shitbox.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

You're either moronic, trolling, or a spoiled moron.
          >"Muh Ferd has 100k miles!? FRICK IT I GON GET ANUDDA WUN!"

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Why would I buy a car that is going to break down in the near future?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Wow, yuropoors really don't deserve to have cars.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Expand my brain, memelord.

24. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Corsas are utter shite don't buy a piece of shit get a Toyota like I said last week.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Explain.

25. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Only autismos or old people want a dacia. Why wouldn't you get something at least a little fun to drive

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

What makes them unfun?

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

I've not driven a Dacia specifically, but there are a few normal cars that stand head and shoulders above the others for driving fun. If you compare, say, a Fiesta ST (but also a normal Fiesta to a lesser extent) to an MQB platform car or an F20/F30 BMW, though the Fiesta is a stiffer ride the damping feels better. You feel the bump through your arse but the car itself doesn't get thrown out of shape by it. By comparison an F30 3 Series feels like it's going to chuck you off the side of the road on some bad roads, both it and a Golf R can get an almighty bang through the cabin from even small bumps.
        A Fiesta is also far more willing to rotate around when you go into a corner, a modern VAG hot hatch will never do that. They just push into understeer.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Modern BMWs are a travesty suspesnion tuning wise, I drove my half brothers brother in laws F10 525d msport wagon, thing was sprung so hard I it geniunely knocked a filling loose over some hard roads.
          Rock hard runflats + tuned for DA RING + rough roads = horrific ride quality in your so called "luxury car"

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

The non-M Sport suspension is probably even worse, it has the same terrible rebound control combined with extremely soft springs so it wallows horribly while still crashing and banging over potholes.

26. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Get a Ford Fiesta.
    Better car all round, parts are dirt cheap too.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Better than what? The Dacia? Maybe, but the price difference is big.

27. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

dacias are the same as old renaults
    they have the same tried and proven technology and that's why you can buy them for dirt cheap
    if i remember correctly the brand new dacia logan has a really similar interior to a megane 3
    i'm not sure about fords, never had contact with them
    if you're really desperate you might want to look into old opels/vauxhalls since they are pretty reliable so long as you stay away from diesels

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>dacias are the same as old renaults
      So, shit?

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *