Dale's Death

People wept at his death when it happened but they don't realize he died in the most perfect and comforting way. He watched his friend and son cruise to the coveted finish line of Daytona, helping his friend achieve a win that he had yearned for so long and it being on the biggest stage in the sport, and his son right behind him. Dale would have been mortified if he were to be stuck in a hospital bed for months before his final moments. If you had a passion or something you love,

Wouldn't you want to die doing it?

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Who?

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

No, I'd rather die of old age after a long happy life.

The "sadboi" crowd that keeps talking about "I want to die in a car crash" is a cancer.

One time I was talking to fellow rx7 bro who was telling me how he narrowly avoided dying after a blowout sent him into a tree, and someone said "sorry if this is insensitive but I think it would have been perfect if you died there". Like, what the frick possesses someone to say that?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Alr

lets change perspective,

If you knew you would die on a certain day

Would you chose to die in a boring way?

Or in a way you do what you love?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

That's a stupid question. I'd wear a HANS device so that I don't die on that certain day and instead live a long happy life.

Now I realize that HANS weren't common when the crash happened, but if you asked Dale "You're going to crash today, do you want this device that will upgrade your chances of survival from 0% to 90%?" he'd say yes. The difference is that he wasn't warned.

Don't get yourself killed for no reason. Use safety equipment and drive within your car's limits and your limits of driver skill. The last thing we need is more dumb teenagers getting themselves put into boxes 6ft underground just because "it's trendy to die".

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Dale hated the HANS and the seatbelt tho

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>Dale was mildly annoyed by the inconvenience of some safety features.
            >Therefore, I am claiming that he wanted to die.

Are you stupid or something?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I'm not claiming that, just saying he would survived if he valued his safety over his comfort

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>Dale used the safety devices that were common in his day.
            >He didn't use a safety device that wasn't common in NASCAR at that point.
            >Therefore I am claiming he didn't value safety.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Are you fricking stupid????

The HANS device was created so no one could ever experience the same cause of death that dale had fallen to.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/eiYgU2v.gif

HANS was made because of his death. Just like tire ties was because of Senna.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HANS_device
            >The device was designed in the early 1980s by American scientist and researcher Dr. Robert Hubbard
            >His first prototype was developed in 1985, and in crash tests in 1989
            >After major racing safety companies declined to produce the product, Hubbard and Downing formed Hubbard Downing Inc., to develop, manufacture, sell and promote the HANS in 1990

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

HANS was made because of his death. Just like tire ties was because of Senna.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

people didn't cry because Dale died, it would happen eventually. Yarborough is gone, Petty is a billion years old too. Men die that's how it goes.
          people cried because when Dale died, the soul of Nascar died with him. He had an intense personality that couldn't just be replaced with a new #3.

his death was poetically perfect but nobody deserves to go out like that. heda rather been home sipping some sweet tea and watching the sun set as Jr. took the flag.
          It only saved him from becoming another Richard Petty and having to race at the back for 15 years in an unrecoverable slump.

A Hans device would not have saved him. His shoulder belts failed. There is a section of folded, stitched-together belt that is intended to rip a controlled amount to absorb exactly the kind of collision he ended up in. However he had his flipped over backwards or something so that it wouldn't rub his neck. Problem is that basically meant the safety section of the belt would rip enough to allow his face to hit the steering wheel, which is what happened. A Hans device would have prevented a basilar skull fracture but he got whacked in the face too. No chance in hell.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>A Hans device, which would have prevented his head from moving forward, wouldn't have stopped his head from moving forward and hitting the steering wheel.

[...]
            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HANS_device
            >The device was designed in the early 1980s by American scientist and researcher Dr. Robert Hubbard
            >His first prototype was developed in 1985, and in crash tests in 1989
            >After major racing safety companies declined to produce the product, Hubbard and Downing formed Hubbard Downing Inc., to develop, manufacture, sell and promote the HANS in 1990

>It was technically invented in 1990. Dale didn't immediately opt to use a then-uncommon device that most people in NASCAR also didn't use at that time.
            >Therefore I am claiming that he didn't value safety.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

the Hans device is attached to the driver's shoulders and helmet and prevents his neck from snapping forward, it's not attached to the car like belts are. If the driver moves the hans goes with him.
            when the belts failed Dales face hit the steering wheel, which would have happened even with a hans device because he had an open face helmet and set up his belts in an improper way that allowed the shock absorber section to rip too far.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Homie we had this happen at the 2022 Daytona 500 where stenhouse smacked his head against the steering wheel despite having a HANS device.
            Not to mention at the 2020 Coke 600 Hamlin also slaps his face against the wheel as well.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

bruh, it's not the head hit.
            it's your head moving but your body is strapped in, that does the "Snap City" to drivers necks.
            even if your belts are loose, the HANS won't allow your head to move forward without your entire body going with it.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

you're not listening
            the hans doesn't keep the driver's head restrained to the seat (usually), it just keeps his helmet attached to his shoulders. if the belts are faulty you're still going into the steering wheel, which in race cars usually sits much closer than in a road car.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

that's what I said bruh.
            I know because I race with a 6 point.
            keeping your neck and body in 1 piece is the important part.
            smashing my head into the wheel is gonna hurt, but not snap my neck with a HANS.
            well worth the $400 ish dollars.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

the Hans device is attached to the driver's shoulders and helmet and prevents his neck from snapping forward, it's not attached to the car like belts are. If the driver moves the hans goes with him.
            when the belts failed Dales face hit the steering wheel, which would have happened even with a hans device because he had an open face helmet and set up his belts in an improper way that allowed the shock absorber section to rip too far.

is absolutely correct.

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I drive my turbo hondas with 230 and 310 bhp (about same torque) really fricking fast down twisty country roads. I WANT TO DIE DOING THE SAME IN MY C7 or C8 I FINALLY GET (or an honest to goodness nsx)

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

DALE DID IT WITH DIDDY. What a frickin gay

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Yes I too have watched the EmpLemon video.
    No but seriously it is too perfect how he died closing out the last chapter of his racing career, handing off the reigns to his friends and son, and being the sacrificial lamb required to bring the safety standards of his sport up to a level where nobody would ever die from it again.

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I've talked to a old 24 Hours of Le Mans driver.
    He said when the HANS came out, no one wanted to use it.
    It seemed silly and cumbersome.
    he said after 5-10 years, No one would even consider getting into a race car without one.
    things change, Dale didn't.

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

He died because he was a fricking moron.

>NOOOOOOOOO I DON'T WANNA WEAR THE SAFETY EQUIPMENT IT'S NOT COMFORTAB—ACK!

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *