diesel...le bad?

diesel...le bad?

Man-made Horrors Shirt $21.68

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

Man-made Horrors Shirt $21.68

1. 4 weeks ago
    [PLEBSPOTTERS] BigC

Don’t care about euros and I don’t have smog and I don’t care about climate change
    Diesel is based in trucks

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Passenger diesel car ban

Recall Germany make worse decision on decommission nuclear reactor plants. It know produce clean red/purple hydrogen instead they mined black hydrogen like coal, even displacement native village dates back 1763.

2. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I wonder how efficient modern diesel engines could be if emissions were not a factor.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Their efficiency is insane. If you are making NOx you are making efficient cycle. Modern catalyst can break NOx , particulste filters can filter particulates and diesel is the winner even by the emission meters.

Where diesel is not suitable is local euro V compliant busses. Thank God they changed to electric busses. Its not really healthy to breathe swedish bus fumes every 10 minutes.

• 4 weeks ago
        [PLEBSPOTTERS] BigC

one time I saw a bus taking off from a bus stop in Vegas and I could see a visible stream of reddish gas coming from the exhaust out the roof of it
        it was pretty insane knowing that was a stream of concentrated NOx gas, I could smell it too driving behind the bus, it's extremely distinct, like chlorine or ozone smelling, very potent and very toxic

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

The post-scandal VW Golfs with the 2.0 TDI can sustain highway speeds at like 3.5 to 4.5 l/100 km (about 52 - 67 MPG) in good conditions.
      It'd probably be more efficient without all the filters and tuning for emissions.
      That whole dieselgate fraud started when their engine couldn't quite meet performance, economy and emissions targets at the same time, and someone had the bright idea of programming it to ignore one of those three things, depending on whether it seemed to be on a dyno or not.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I had a TDI pre-scandal, I would get 55 mpg on the highway all day.
        The ban was so fricking moronic. Even with their fuzzy emissions, those cars were way better in terms of overall pollution than some equivalent gasoline getting 34mpg highway.
        The power curve of those TDIs made them a ton of fun to drive.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

The EPA is the reason why cars are not getting any more fuel efficient. They have a vehicle weight to emissions regulation that is so fricking moronic and out to lunch no manufacturer can make small efficient cars or trucks anymore, it's the primary reason why cars and trucks are so fricking huge these days.
          It's a fricking scam like everything else with government.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

The post-scandal VW Golfs with the 2.0 TDI can sustain highway speeds at like 3.5 to 4.5 l/100 km (about 52 - 67 MPG) in good conditions.
      It'd probably be more efficient without all the filters and tuning for emissions.
      That whole dieselgate fraud started when their engine couldn't quite meet performance, economy and emissions targets at the same time, and someone had the bright idea of programming it to ignore one of those three things, depending on whether it seemed to be on a dyno or not.

as this anon pointed out, insanely efficient. But that's not even all. These still have all the emissions crap on them and are only running a compression ratio of 19:1.
      Remove the emissions crap and increase the CR and you'd be looking at an even more efficient engine. At such high temps it will not be producing a meaningful amount of sud, but rather as

one time I saw a bus taking off from a bus stop in Vegas and I could see a visible stream of reddish gas coming from the exhaust out the roof of it
      it was pretty insane knowing that was a stream of concentrated NOx gas, I could smell it too driving behind the bus, it's extremely distinct, like chlorine or ozone smelling, very potent and very toxic

a stream of NOx. Not something we want. A diesel, in the end, is always a compromise between efficiency, sut, and NOx.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

My 20 year Isuzu shitbox makes about 7l per 100km city driving. On highways i drop to 3.5l.

3. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Cool video.
    I have nothing against diesels but not in fricking compact and subcompact cars.
    Diesel trucks, big sedans, vans, offroad vehicles, industrial etc. sure.
    But you make a shitty little city car and put a 1.5L diesel in it the whole thing rattles like ass, just frick off.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Eat shit. Its not the regular cars that make the pollution but the big trucks and busses.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I doubt a bus makes more pollution than the 50-80 cars it displaces

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

see

[...]

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Epic fail

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

but it does. i had symptoms every time it went through

dead bus now, recycled metal, good.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

A modern, long euro 6 bus consumes 100 liters per 100 km (2.4 MPG) in the city according to our public transportation company. So at 20 passengers on average you hit 5l/100km or 48 MPG in the city that no car can. Plus at only takes a fraction of the space ~15-20 cars would take. Of course this does not factor in the extra time needed to commute, the schedule, bus stop locations, etc.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>48 MPG in the city that no car can.
            Hybrids say hi.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

My diesel does over 50 mpg.
            And depends of city, but my city does not have 20 people in a bus, more like 2 people after the driver. Diesel city busses is the main reason of that smog. Remove these and you solve diesel.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Solution: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63qN6kAThbA

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I calculated with 20 which implied that the buses are heavily under utilized, 50+ people easily fit on them, you can't compare any kind of car to a well-maintained euro 6 diesel bus no matter the mental gymnastics.

I really don't understand you Americans because proper public transportation would mean that less mouthbreathers will drive around in their cars. It really is a win-win situation.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

imagine how clogged the DPF is with a bus that does route with 100 liters/100km consumption. It was literal insanity. meanwhile i often have passengers so i can like triple my mpg number to like 150 mpg

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

What if diesels had DPFs at the end of the exhaust so that at the end of the day you could take one off for cleaning, of course after it cooled down so that you won't get burned

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You'd have to have 1000F hot exhaust running all the way to the back of the vehicle. Regen only works at a minimum of 932F.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

but it would be manually regenerated.
            but this wont really be an option. after long day we had low skilled manual workers from different countries to do cleaning. no way they would start doing mechanics.

all these problems went away with new ZONGZHONG busses. let's see how much they tolerate winter.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

cant stand two particular groups of people in my country, so I dont ever want to be around them
            simple as

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>proper public transportation would mean that less mouthbreathers will drive around in their cars. It really is a win-win situation.
            Unfortunately, with urbangays, this is a "give them an inch" situation

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>you hit 5l/100km or 48 MPG in the city that no car can.
            I get 46-49mpg U.K. in the city in pic related.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

About 38-41 MPG (US) ? Not too bad, for city driving in a non-hybrid.
            Is that automatic or manual?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

It's a 4spd manual.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>At 20 passengers
            Huge assumption. Even in overcrowded Asian shit holes without Black folk scaring riders off a bus averaging 1/3rd full is doing pretty well.
            https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9361239/

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You're posting American figures. Completely irrelevant since your car industry hacked your society for more than a 100 years now.
            Empty buses are a sign of bad planning of PT routes in crowded cities.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Empty buses are a sign of bad planning of PT routes
            no moron they're a sign nobody wants to ride the fricking bus

>be dumbass mass transit drone
            >other people literally spend hundreds and thousands of dollars a year to own their own transport because riding a bus is so vehemently hated
            >ah yes the problem is the routes are not efficient

shut up you fricking moron

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

No, they don't ride the bus because you're brainwashed and full of Black folk. A lot of people can't afford cars and they shouldn't either just as you said, it takes thousands of dollars each year.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

this assumes the bus is always filled to at least 20 passengers (it's not)

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

My home town replaced these with "greener" more modern solutions. I don't bus, but that hurt.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

A truck or a bus makes what, 3 times times the emissions of an average car? Now what's the number of diesel passenger cars vs trucks and busses?

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Eat shit. Its not the big trucks and busses that make the pollution, but the container ships that bring all your amazon-ordered chinese garbage and the industry that makes it.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

millionaires that travel to davos to attend the WEF would like to speak to you.
        They ride kerosene based private jets that produce incredible amounts of emissions

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Yeah no frick off, the 2.2 Diesel in my Civic is awesome, smooth as frick down to 1000 rpm, 340 nm of torque at 2000 rpm. What would I need to get those torque numbers in a petrol car, a V8 with half the fuel efficiency?
      People don't just buy Diesels for the efficiency but for the better driving characteristics *in the real world* where you don't go from 0-100 redlining every gear, but you go from 80-130 all the time, preferably without downshifting from top gear all the time. Diesels are great for European motorways, German ones even more so.
      I do agree though that those 1.3 Diesels they put in small cars for a while (not anymore) suck ass at low rpm. Anything above 2L is fine though.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>Anything above 2L is fine though.
        The 1.8 tdci has been great for me. Most of the roads here are limited to 80km/h, right at the sweetspot for the engine. Even though it's been made in 2007, somehow it still manages to only sip ~5L/100km for a 2-ton vehicle

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Because diesels peaked in the mid-2000s and have regressed since then because of forced government bullshit. The DPF alone adds like 0.2L/100km.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Focus? I have a 2007 Focus 1.8 Tdci and regularly travel long distances at 140-150 km/h no problem

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I think youre missing gear ratios, gearing, and power in your equation.
        Most modern passenger diesels go 4-5k rpm max. To get the shift points at around the same speed diesels get taller final drives and gears in general. This effectively drops your torque number 20-30%.
        If we take the current Honda 1.5t, it makes similar torque at low rpms after accounting for the gearing difference.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

now that's dumbest thing I have ever encountered

let me remind you
          power=torque*rpm*(2pi rads/round*minute/60 secs;t.reddit)

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

this homie doesn't know about torque multiplication

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

obviously you can use gears but this leads to the fact your power comes from the high rpm zone. now let's see where the efficient range of gasoline engine is: about 2,5k rpm. Now lets see where the power lies. about 7,5k rpm.

now let's see where the efficient range of diesel engine is, about 2k rpm. where is the power. about 3,5k rpm. This leads to the fact diesel alpha can always get his power output without racing, and gasoline cuck has to always race to get that power range. and count how much pennies he has left to the rest of month.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Bro... Are you this guy

Yeah no frick off, the 2.2 Diesel in my Civic is awesome, smooth as frick down to 1000 rpm, 340 nm of torque at 2000 rpm. What would I need to get those torque numbers in a petrol car, a V8 with half the fuel efficiency?
            People don't just buy Diesels for the efficiency but for the better driving characteristics *in the real world* where you don't go from 0-100 redlining every gear, but you go from 80-130 all the time, preferably without downshifting from top gear all the time. Diesels are great for European motorways, German ones even more so.
            I do agree though that those 1.3 Diesels they put in small cars for a while (not anymore) suck ass at low rpm. Anything above 2L is fine though.

The point was about real world driving characteristics.
            And what do you mean by efficient? Volumetric efficiency or fuel efficiency? And at what throttle percentages?

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

but muh torque dood
      muh chip tuning
      bro it sounds like a gtr

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>But you make a shitty little city car and put a 1.5L diesel in it the whole thing rattles like ass, just frick of
      But i enjoy getting 30% more MPGs using a fuel that costs marginally (~5%) more than petrol.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Diesel used to be 50% the price of petrol, but something happened to it

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Diesel's been close to the price of regular gasoline in binland for a while now.
          Diesels do generally use a bit less fuel than equivalent gasoline engines, but diesel passenger cars have such a high yearly tax that you'd have to drive pretty long distances regularly to benefit from the fuel economy.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

And thats by design. EU countries can give a reduction in fuel tax to diesels that has to be recouped with the annual tax, so as to promote Diesels only to high mileage driving (+25k km) annually.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

jews
          jews realized they could make diesel a front in their israeli climate change hoax scam
          literally just say
          >omg that diesel vehicle smells le bad, there's a puff of smoke when it launches, BAN IT NOW!
          and it works incredibly on basedboys and women

diesel is the obvious choice for regular driving street vehicles as well as heavy duty vehicles
          pretty much anything except arctic vehicles, very small engines (which don't belong in cars anyway, people only buy them because of israeli economic manipulation to make cars vastly more expensive), engines that need to rev really high, and race engines

Diesel's been close to the price of regular gasoline in binland for a while now.
          Diesels do generally use a bit less fuel than equivalent gasoline engines, but diesel passenger cars have such a high yearly tax that you'd have to drive pretty long distances regularly to benefit from the fuel economy.

>a bit less fuel
          lmao
          my truck in gasoline version gets ~20mpg highway at best and there's really nothing you can do to improve it, a chiptune might shave 1mpg
          diesel version gets 30-33mpg with injectors and a chiptuner despite weighing ~500lbs more

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>a bit less fuel
            >lmao
            A diesel engine can weigh down a small car quite a bit. Maybe that doesn't matter so much in a truck?
            At autobahn speeds, some diesel-engined compact cars do use noticeably less fuel than their gasoline-engined counterparts. Most countries don't have autobahns though.
            Well, anything's an autobahn if you don't mind losing your license for a year, but anyways.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>diesel is the obvious choice for regular driving street vehicles as well
            The DPF filter would like to have a word with you

4. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Smells bad, yes. Both fuel and exhaust.

5. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>le

[...]

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

summer...le newhomosexualry?

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Le cope

6. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I used to be stationed in Bongland. Whenever I spent time in London my nose would fill up with black goo from all the diesel fumes. Nasty fuel, would not recommend.

7. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>fools you into buying diesel
    >heh whoops its actually ...le bad
    >dont worry, you can still keep it, as long as you pay the yearly quadrillion dollar tax 🙂

The merc dream is dead

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I'm European and I would let the nearest african migrant BVLL rape my wife if it helps solve climate change

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

What about an American? we're basically nigs and I'll solve climate change.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

only if your skin is this color or darker

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

paints cheap lemme frick your wife

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Why do americans constantly talk about Blacks fricking their wives?

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/LFVvTrn.jpeg

only if your skin is this color or darker

Jew/Hindu hand:

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Can’t rape the willing mate.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Wish diesel wasn't ultra cucked in the EU, would have gotten one in a heartbeat.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

How it is ultra cucked? It pays off if you drive even 10 000 km yearly

8. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

IIRC, particulate laws are moronic. Engines emitting big clumps of soot fail the test. But emitting the same amount, but now in nano-sized particles passes.
    Big particles get filtered by you airways, nano particles end up god knows where.

9. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Let this picture inform you why my gasoline running, boy racer days are over.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Because you became cucked? Oh right, you always were since you're an europoor and have to drive a diesel for muh low end torque instead of a big V8.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

too poor for v12 tdi?

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Nah

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>99l/100km (digits exceeded)
            Now that's how you burn money

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Post yours lol
          What's with these Euros constantly posting about
          >'merican V8s are for plebs we have V12
          while in reality they are the plebs but they drive I3s and I4s and
          >2.0 liter is a big engine innit
          Is it the ultimate serf cope? Attributing to themselves the stuff their ruling class own?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

post your v8 guzzler and proof you daily it.

you know what? Not even rich people drive guzzlers. they don't want to spend money so they buy those hybrids etc and stay rich.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Nta but I spend about $2k a year on gas dailying a big comfy paid off V8 (10-15k milea a year, 20 mpg, ~$3.00 per gallon) even if that hybrid got 60mpg, saving ~$1,350 in fuel offset by incremental maintenance, registration and the massive cost to buy it would be moronic. Plus my son will inherit an awesome V8 trugg while you'll need to buy another shit box when the battery pack shits out

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

People do not understand this. The difference in marginal for normal people, and negligible for people using the vehicles for their hobbies or work.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>no car
            As expected.

10. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

love my habibi rudolf like you wouldn't believe

11. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>climate change

immediately blocked and filtered.

12. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

If you give me a choice between undersized garbage and a diesel, I will chose the engine that won't blow up after 90k

13. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Yep. Next?

14. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>be balkaner
    >everyone always saying get a bmw or volkswagen diesel
    nothing has sadly changed in the last 20-25 years

15. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Emission regs had some beneficial effects overall, like the end of leaded fuel or the mass adoption of fuel injection which helped put an end to the really bad smog problems in the 70's and 80's. But since the start emissions regs often made things worse, like how early 2 way catalitic converters increased fuel consumption and nox emissions because they needed super hot exhaust temperatures to operate.

Euro 1 and Euro 2 regs are fine, strict enough to force engines to not waste fuel at low loads but loose enough to not require dedicated tuning, specialized components or lower reliability. Euro 3 and Euro 4 are counterproductive, but still acceptable. Euro 5 and beyond is nonsense designed to eventually make internal combustion engines illegal making them too expensive, too unreliable and too underpowered without being exceptionally fuel efficient either.

16. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

> ‘What difference, at this point, does it make?'

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

kill all cruisegays
      total boomer annihiliation

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *