do 4 cyl engines last less than v8 engines?

do 4 cyl engines last less than v8 engines?

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Yes

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

No

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Maybe

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I don't know

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

what these guys said

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

tabun

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I think so .

Although 1.9 TDI is considered reliable in Europe (especially the weakest 75hp version) , being a diesel inline 4 , so every rule has its exceptions

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Everyone knows v6s last the longest.

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

depends on which engines, an iron doodoo will outlive the sun and a northstar has already shit itself before I finished typing this

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

kek whatever they put in those old mail trucks must be low compression impossible to kill engines

10. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>have v8 chevy trugg
    >rarely revs past 2k rpm on normal city driving, sits at a cool 1600rpm while going 60mph on the hwy

>1.5l japanese shitbox
    >constantly have to rev the shit out of it to 5k+ rpm during normal city driving because otherwise it wont fricking move
    >screams its ass out on the hwy sitting at 3k rpm @ 60mph

so im pretty sure the 4 cylinder is taking a lot more wear then the big v8. That said 4 cyls are much easier to work on if something does go wrong

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

All other things being equal an I4 is slightly more harmonically balanced than a V8 so there will be less wear on the crank bearings. I6 and flat-4 are theoretically better and more-reliable than I4 or V8.
      A large undertuned engine will generally last longer than a smaller one pushed to the limit from the same design and materials, but this isn't technically the question you asked.

this is kind of the crux. *most* vee eights output decent hp and have higher displacement and *most* 4 bangers are high strung, low displacement and often revved out/ragged on (or turbo'd and still kinda slow) because you can't otherwise take an on ramp effectively. so if we're comparing shit available and not just theory, and adjusting for abuse or lack of maintenance, most V8s on the market should outlast most I4s

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I have a Mazda3 and I don't think I've gone over 2k rpm once in the last 10000 miles in highway driving, only rarely in city driving.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Doesn't mean anything, I had a Honda civic i would abuse and never change the oil on and it lasted well above 220k miles

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

I'm sure it ran like a dream, too.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>constantly have to rev the shit out of it to 5k+ rpm during normal city driving because otherwise it wont fricking move

>americans in charge of driving manuals
      lmao

11. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Bigger displacement and simpler design will last longer but it really depends on how it is used and maintained more than anything.

12. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Not if the V8 was made by Amerisharts

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>not if the V8 was made by the people who make the most durable V8s
      what

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Not him but I would change it to
        >not if the V8 has overhead cams and/or cylinder deactivation, and was made by amerisharts or is a 5.7 hemi

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

the most reliable OHC V8s are also american.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

the least reliable ohc V8s are on the same architecture as that one

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>the least reliable ohc V8
            Nah, there's far worse.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Why can't g*rmans make a reliable V8?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

The 5.4 is a really shitty engine, don't get me wrong, but not even close to the worst. If you do the cam phasers and plugs, they're not that unreliable either.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

didnt triumph or rover take the cake for worse v8 engine? and im not referring to the buick-rover engine

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

the uh stag engine

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

My Modular 4.6 sits at 1,300 rpm at 65 MPH, and probably runs better than it did 50k miles ago.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

bro americans make shit everything lamo

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/Y0YYf5k.png

the most reliable OHC V8s are also american.

>last longer than your jap shit
          lmfao

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

bro nip shit at 5k will last 10x longer than any pushrod or burgershit v8 will at 1500rpm. American manufacturing is trash. literally bottom tier junk made for nogs to rent.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

must be why they hold zero endurance records, lmao.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>ford
            >believing that shit
            you have no tools

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>coping

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

How many Ford V8's are FAA certified?

13. 1 month ago
    Panda5

All other things being equal an I4 is slightly more harmonically balanced than a V8 so there will be less wear on the crank bearings. I6 and flat-4 are theoretically better and more-reliable than I4 or V8.
    A large undertuned engine will generally last longer than a smaller one pushed to the limit from the same design and materials, but this isn't technically the question you asked.

14. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

engineering specifics contribute so much more that harmonics rarely play a role in lifespan, there are terrible straight 6's and fantastic v8's

ring tension is so low now we're seeing 200 and 300 thousand mile rebuilds where the blocks still have hone markings, where anything around the turn of the millennia would be losing compression and needing a overbore around 100k mi

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *