Do full sized American trucks really ride better than luxury sedans or is this an American fairytale?

Do full sized American trucks really ride better than luxury sedans or is this an American fairytale?

Tip Your Landlord Shirt $21.68

Black Rifle Cuck Company, Conservative Humor Shirt $21.68

Tip Your Landlord Shirt $21.68

1. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

americans think trucks are more comfortable because its all they can fit in

you can have the plushest euro sedan out there but an amerilard physically cannot fit inside

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

fpbp
      Size of American cars is correlated 1:1 with their obesity rates

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>alaska went down between 05 and 12
        😀

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Do full sized American trucks really ride better than luxury sedans or is this an American fairytale?
      They don't. Even the Town Car is more comfortable. Trucks by nature are rough due to payload requirements. They suck when unladen. They buck and wobble due to stiff rear suspension.

>you can have the plushest euro sedan out there but an amerilard physically cannot fit inside
      Pretty much. Trucks are well suited to Americans. Very good payload ratings.

A lot of them also have air suspension and independent rear. Half tons/1500s definitely ride better than 3/4 tons/2500s. They also have more suspension travel and droop.

[...]
      Considering every European car company thinks the new owner is going to set a nurburgring lap time immediately after leaving the dealership that's definitely not true. Tahoes, Expeditions, and Suburbans have a way better ride than anything short of a S Class

>Tahoes, Expeditions, and Suburbans have a way better ride than anything short of a S Class
      More like base model E-class. Only time I've found them passable is loaded up for a vacation.

2. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Trucks need harder rear springs and solid axles to meet their load specs, so, no.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

A lot of them also have air suspension and independent rear. Half tons/1500s definitely ride better than 3/4 tons/2500s. They also have more suspension travel and droop.

americans think trucks are more comfortable because its all they can fit in

you can have the plushest euro sedan out there but an amerilard physically cannot fit inside

Considering every European car company thinks the new owner is going to set a nurburgring lap time immediately after leaving the dealership that's definitely not true. Tahoes, Expeditions, and Suburbans have a way better ride than anything short of a S Class

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>independent rear.

The only one is the Ridgeline you moron.

No matter what suspension they have they all ride like a truck. You go from a cukV to even an air suspension or coil spring ram you can tell that you are in a truck.

This is before you realize that every single one of them has a wobble after a bump. Some might be more subtle than others but there is a definite wobble after hitting potholes.

3. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Nah. Modern crew cab trucks are xboxhueg so they have a shitload of space inside but they still ride like a truck. Better than trucks used to ride, yes, but still like a truck.

4. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Depends on the luxury sedan in question.
    Also depends on one’s taste.

A big part of what killed the sedan for Americans is that sedans became less “boaty” in their suspension.
    So they moved to SUVs and trucks because they felt more boaty than the benchracer-bait sedans with annoyingly tight suspension.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I have never heard a single person say they chose a truck or SUV over a sedan because of the ride quality. When someone chooses a truck or SUV as a family hauler, it is virtually always because they feel safer both because of the size of the vehicle and the higher riding position.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

The higher riding position is important though. Old people love climbing into cars not crouching down into them

>Do full sized American trucks really ride better than luxury sedans or is this an American fairytale?
        They don't. Even the Town Car is more comfortable. Trucks by nature are rough due to payload requirements. They suck when unladen. They buck and wobble due to stiff rear suspension.

>you can have the plushest euro sedan out there but an amerilard physically cannot fit inside
        Pretty much. Trucks are well suited to Americans. Very good payload ratings.

[...]
        >Tahoes, Expeditions, and Suburbans have a way better ride than anything short of a S Class
        More like base model E-class. Only time I've found them passable is loaded up for a vacation.

I'm not allowing truck slander, the euros talking shit about trucks are the same ones who claim you have a small penis or you're trying to impress women because you want a sports car. Crab bucket mentality continent which is why they're relegated to being a living history museum...the same place that made communism mainstream unsurprisingly hates it when people drive anything other than a 1.4 liter micro car or a 150hp diesel shitbox

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

> they hated him because he spoke the truth
          Trucks simply do not do luxury car duty well, simple as. They are better off as work vehicles.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>I have never heard a single person say they chose a truck or SUV over a sedan because of the ride quality.
        I have.
        >because of the size of the vehicle and the higher riding position.
        That’s what makes it feel floatier.
        Like a big boat.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Cafe standards killed sedans more than anything

5. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

No, you cant beat the comfort of luxury sedan no matter how many cup holders you got

6. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Half tons are pretty equal in terms of comfort, the bigger ones are a bit worse but worth it still due to the value compared to a shitty merc.

7. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Trucks are for men what full size SUVs are for women, ironically everyone here complains about the latter.

8. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Trucks don't have comfortable rides. They are engineered for carrying and towing things.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

At this point nothing is uncomfortable and even serious work trucks are acceptably comfy. Driving is a boring chore because US roads do not curve so bringing the living room is what to do. Americans are rich and fuel dirt cheap so it's now common to see F550 and larger toy haulers pulling toys like horse trailers with living quarters, race car trailers, boats etc.

Cars suck for tall humans because one has to fold down into them. Truck access is comfy especially as you get old (and unless you KYS you will get old too) so Americans who can afford what they want go large.

What full-sized truck built after 1970 is actively uncomfortable?

BTW trucks and station wagons and luxury sedans of that era shared drivetrains and the cars often weighed more than the truck. The 460/C6 in my wrecker came from one of counless Lincolns slain to keep useful trucks on the road. The car weighed about 500lbs more than the truck and the front wheel bearings on the car were larger in diameter while the brakes were otherwise the same.

>americans get luxury trucks because they get a tax writeoff for a 'work vehicle'
      That's not how it works. You can only write off a part of a vehicle if you own a business. You don't get a tax write off for driving a $100k truck to your job at Walmart or McDonalds.

Americans get luxury trucks because they're really good luxury vehicles. I don't know why this is so hard for euros to comprehend. Whether people use it for "truck things" or not is really fricking irrelevant. If you're white and got $100k to spend on a luxury vehicle are you going to get a super comfy truck or a tacky hookah lounge on wheels that loses half it's value the second you drive it off the lot?

^This too.

So you got to ride in a bunch of neglected trucks

This may come as a shock but many truck owners have other people maintain them. These humans are known as mechanics.

I've driven a 91 GMCK, a 93 150, a 96 S-10, a 99 F-350, a 99 "F-550", an 03 Exp, an 18 3500HD, a 19 4500HD, a '16 2500HD and a '20 2500HD.

Trucks are not more comfortable in any way. No truck is as comfortable, period.
      I've owned a 2003 Malibu base model that was leagues ahead of the 2020 2500HD.
      An old Buick Century is like God's sweet velvet pillow fart compared to the bounce-rumble of an SUV.

A, frick do I say it? Dare I say it? A fricking PRIUS is more comfortable than a god damn truck.

Nice fleet. Me want. Unless your arse is incredibly delicate I don't get the butthurt. I mod every truck I get for greater payload without issue and am not a bit bothered driving long distance.

It's not machismo. Real men are simply insensitive to trifles. My motorcycles don't bother me either and if truck hewt babby your head would esplode on a two wheeler. Town Cars to make good drivetrain donors tho, be they ancient FE motors or 4.6 modulars.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

aint said shit about asshurt boy, I said trucks aren't and can't be as comfortable as a car

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>This may come as a shock but many truck owners have other people maintain them. These humans are known as mechanics.
        See

I said neglected not old. Only people who don't care about their vehicles take them to all-makes mechanics.

9. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Depends on the truck.

Trucks have few weakness that kill the ride comfort.

1) Vibrations (can cause fatigue after a while)
    2) Body roll
    3) Difficult maneuvering (more of a driving comfort)

EVs fix some of those. Cybertruck fixes all 3 of them.

10. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

There are sure a lot of fricking euros in this thread. That or people who have never been in a proper modern truck and think like they're in the fricking 1980's.

11. 4 weeks ago
    READ ME

Yes. You are like 3 feet off the ground, zero sensation of speed, massive suspension travel, longest wheelbase fathomable. They are the modern BOF luxobarges.

12. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Its cope truckers use when I talk about my Town Car's air suspension. The ride on a modern truck is good though, they're big so you don't feel bumps very much in the first place and most of them have big shocks. But they've got a high center of gravity so you feel roll in them when you're going around a curve and there's no real way to get around that other than driving something lower to the ground.

13. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

euros get luxury sedans because their companies pay for them
    americans get luxury trucks because they get a tax writeoff for a 'work vehicle'

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>americans get luxury trucks because they get a tax writeoff for a 'work vehicle'
      That's not how it works. You can only write off a part of a vehicle if you own a business. You don't get a tax write off for driving a $100k truck to your job at Walmart or McDonalds.

Americans get luxury trucks because they're really good luxury vehicles. I don't know why this is so hard for euros to comprehend. Whether people use it for "truck things" or not is really fricking irrelevant. If you're white and got $100k to spend on a luxury vehicle are you going to get a super comfy truck or a tacky hookah lounge on wheels that loses half it's value the second you drive it off the lot?

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

You seriously don't know that luxury trucks/suvs only became a thing once manufacturers realized that the gas guzzler tax that since 1978 gradually killed off body on frame sedans didn't apply to pickup trucks?

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

It's called a depreciation schedule and yeah a 100k luxury truck qualifies, usually you run it on a 5 year plan. The federal government lets you 'write off' 20% per year until the truck has reached 'the end of its useful life' at which point you have recovered every penny of the truck's value in the form of a credit on your business tax owed. Not my rules thats how uncle sam set it up.

14. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

My 2019 F-150 has a ridiculously quiet and serene interior. Quieter than a Lexus LS or Mercedes S class.

15. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

trucks ride like shit

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Which trucks have you been in? Year, make and trim.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

All of them, by virtue of having been an all makes mechanic for a decade.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

How many 2020+ trucks do you work on?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Plenty. This one needed an engine lmao, failed a block test (combustion gases present in the cooling system)

>only old trucks
            No

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Plenty. This one needed an engine lmao, failed a block test (combustion gases present in the cooling system)
            AHAHAHAHAHAH do gaycuckisharts really?????

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>AHAHAHAHAHAH do gaycuckisharts really?????

What does that mean in a human language? In mechanic language a failed leakdown test means either a head sealing issue (expensive) or cracked head (more expensive) or cracked block (engine replacement time, typically with a used engine since rebuilds are expensive as frick).

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

What's your least hated and most hated 2020s era truck drivetrain (engine and tronsmission)?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>least hated
            Ironically, the good ol chebby 5.3, they remain easier to work on than Ford and Dodge
            >most hated
            The nu-coyote with the moronic oil pump belt

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>>most hated
            >The nu-coyote with the moronic oil pump belt
            Have you seen a lot of issues with these?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I said neglected not old. Only people who don't care about their vehicles take them to all-makes mechanics.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

https://www.palomar.edu/users/bthompson/No%20True%20Scotsman.html

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

do you need ladders to work on these srs question

16. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I have a 2023 F-150 and it's probably the roughest riding vehicle I've ever driven.

17. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

low end truck = No feel every mark on the road
    high end truck = riding on fluffy clouds
    they weigh a lot so they need a nicer suspension system now to makeup the difference of comfort.

18. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I've driven a 91 GMCK, a 93 150, a 96 S-10, a 99 F-350, a 99 "F-550", an 03 Exp, an 18 3500HD, a 19 4500HD, a '16 2500HD and a '20 2500HD.

Trucks are not more comfortable in any way. No truck is as comfortable, period.
    I've owned a 2003 Malibu base model that was leagues ahead of the 2020 2500HD.
    An old Buick Century is like God's sweet velvet pillow fart compared to the bounce-rumble of an SUV.

A, frick do I say it? Dare I say it? A fricking PRIUS is more comfortable than a god damn truck.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Why the frick would you base truck comfort off a bunch of heavy duty 3/4 ton+ trucks you've driven? Half tons ride nice, 3/4 tons and their bigger siblings obviously don't ride as well.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

When I go over the 6 inch speed bump at our work lot in my piece of shit 14 year old sedan it doesn't throw me around like a ragdoll,
        But even if I'm CREEPING ON THE BRAKE AS GENTLY AS POSSIBLE, any truck turns into a canoe in a hurricane.

Trucks and SUVs can NOT be more comfortable than an equivalent smaller vehicle. It's a physical impossibility.
        Get the frick over it, your truck obsession is from a perception of masculinity problem and a fear of others you can't control (also a masculinity problem)

No argument. No debate. There's nothing else to talk about.
        Trucks are not comfortable and the obsession with them is from stunted male development.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Hillary lost. Get over it.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I know a person.
            This person has a dog.

This dog has a massive, massive water growth on it's front right shoulder/stomach area. Like as big as the dog's normal entire mid-section.
            This dog started getting a 2nd growth in the middle of its belly a little over a year ago.
            This dog is 12 yrs old, and can't hold its pee anymore.

This person, despite having all means to do so, has essentially refused to get the dog to a vet surgeon in the past three years despite making more than enough money to afford it.
            This person will do mindless things such as not stick to a strict bathroom schedule for the dog's sake.
            This person is letting said dog piss all over the living room carpet multiple times a month, turning into multiple times a week, and doesn't even clean their carpet.

You, and your type, remind me of this person. A complete failure so immature they can't even perceive reality anymore.
            You're as bad as a nasty princess-mentality failure of an old woman, who can't stomach putting down a sick old dog and lets it suffer.
            That's who you are to me.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Based knower. Watch any train track crossing. It's ALWAYS the pickups that slow to a crawl. Leaf springs and a log axle are not smooth over rough terrain.
          >t. truck haver

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

00s Toyotas have great shock valving though. My 2003 Corolla rode leagues better than my 2005 WRX Wagon both with stock suspension. A Prius is actually pretty damn good too I would imagine.

Why the frick would you base truck comfort off a bunch of heavy duty 3/4 ton+ trucks you've driven? Half tons ride nice, 3/4 tons and their bigger siblings obviously don't ride as well.

What he said, 3/4 tons fricking suck because they have stiff leaf springs meant to handle a high tongue weight. A 1/2 ton is more equivalent. And trucks generally have huge shocks that let them absorb impacts well along with thick sidewalls.

>Plenty. This one needed an engine lmao, failed a block test (combustion gases present in the cooling system)
      AHAHAHAHAHAH do gaycuckisharts really?????

did you have a stroke?

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

You are an idiot

19. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

My half ton truck has magnetic suspension, and yes, it rides as good as a luxury car. Empty bed or loaded with 1000lbs in the back, makes no difference. Luxury trucks have a bigger sidewall and longer wheelbase than any sedan short of a maybach or rolls. I also took the oversized swaybar off because that shit is what gives you the side to side rocking head bob whatever you wanna call it. It still handles great at 90mph around windy new england highways. I get 20 miles to the gallon cocooned in extreme luxury and I can tow project cars and my tractor with (literally) no sweat.
    Cope. Seethe.

20. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Bench seat trucks? Yes
    Bucket seat trucks? Not always
    Suspension wise? Usually, yes unless the truck is beat up.
    Interior of trucks are giant so if you're tall and not a manlet it's not a bad ride

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *