Do i need to change oil if car not driven ?

I very rarely drive my car* and i have done only 2k km since the last oil change, but it's been 1+ year now since i did it.

*europe, use public transport

Black Rifle Cuck Company, Conservative Humor Shirt $21.68

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

Black Rifle Cuck Company, Conservative Humor Shirt $21.68

1. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

usually yes, check your owner's manual, it will say something like "every 5k km or 6 months, which ever comes first"

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>it will say something like "every 5k km or 6 months, which ever comes first"
      Insurance salesman says you need insurance, who’d have thought

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Hey man, it's your engine. Oil is cheap, your car's engine isn't. Your choice if you want to be a moron and go years without changing or 20k+ miles on a single change.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Yes its good to go. Onlynmotion degrades oil as there will be small chips of metal and also burnage.

Frick you and your söy manuals

2. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

you don't need to but you should if you care about following the service manual recommendation

3. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Engine oil turns acidic over time, and eat away at your engine internals including the precious bearing surfaces. It's worst for cars that mainly do short trips and/or sit a lot which get a lot of moisture build up in the crankcase. An oil change is cheap enough that you can do it every 6 months regardless of miles.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

No, I have ran old cars on oil that has been sitting forever. I would recommend every 2 years.

Shit sits unused in barrels for decades just fine. If he hardly drives it the cycling of the engine is not going to cause much if any degradation of the oil, worst thing will be additives becoming useless so might as well pay for the cheap stuff.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Engine oil turns acidic over time, and eat away at your engine internals including the precious bearing surfaces. It's worst for cars that mainly do short trips and/or sit a lot which get a lot of moisture build up in the crankcase. An oil change is cheap enough that you can do it every 6 months regardless of miles.

#
        >Shit sits unused in barrels for decades just fine

Yeah in perfectly air tight containers free from outside moisture and humidity...

4. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Once a year or every 3k miles with a new filter

5. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Change it with cheap oil.

6. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Your fine. I would at least change the oil twice a year and go with a high mileage full synthetic .

7. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

just checked castrol website and it says 30k km or 24months.

I know it's definitely not 30k km recommended irl its about 10k. So does the 24 months recommendation also goes down the drain ?

i used castrol edge 5w-30 m btw. "advanced full synthetics" as they say.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>just checked castrol website
      what's that got to do with anything? you have to go off of your owner's manual for your specific car

8. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Is anyone using this?

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

weird looking sex toys

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

just got one of these a couple weeks ago and did my first oil change with it, worked surprisingly well. i didn't fully trust it so i still opened up the drain plug but literally only like a teaspoon was left so it does work as advertised.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Very useful tool. Probably my second favorite after training wheels. Saves my wrists for my boyfriend.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

i used one of these to drain my transmission oil pan before dropping it and made it way nicer.

9. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I change my oil every evening. Better safe than sorry and oil is cheaper than a new engine.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Same here never had engine trouble except one night where I got drunk and didn't change the oil

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Forgot to mention I also weld my drain plug, loctite the filter torque to 6800ft pounds. Not gonna risk them coming off.

10. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

cheap oil, and once a year or two depending on car type and how you drive.

11. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

bought a car two years ago, never changed the oil once

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *