Do night driving glasses stop led headlight glare?

seems like a better idea than putting reflective tape on your car like some of you were advocating for.

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I have a pair and tried them out a few nights
    It helps a bit, but if your windshield is smeared at all or it is old glass with pebble/sand/salt pockmarks on it is not really going to solve your problem

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Eets lika high defineetion.

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

just put a 5% tint on your windshield.
    Don't forget to install upgraded high beams though because without them you won't be able to see anything

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

You can both wear the glasses AND use the tape.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

one is defensive the other is antagonistic

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

The best defense is a good offense.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Antagonistic is driving with lights so bright other people can't see.
        SOLAS tape is defensive.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

it doesn't prevent you getting dazzled though it just dazzles the person with the leds. u just both end up blind. the glasses protect you it seems.

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Yes, I have been wearing yellow tinted prescription glasses for a decade now.
    I started wearing them as night driving glasses, and then started wearing them in the office to combat the bright lights everywhere, and now I just wear them all the time.
    They work great for me. I get instant eye strain relief when I put them on after wearing regular glasses.

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Wayfarers naturally

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The ones in your picture work against some lights, but i have 3 sets of glasses for every variety of dickhead on the road and what kind of vibe im after.

The older cars with LED conversions usually have 6000K+ so glasses can just block the blue and its fine. But the newer cars are running maybe 4000K so they have more Green and so the blue blockers dont help as much, and I gotta use red/orange glasses.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

don't red or orange glasses interfere with being able to see clearly at night? did you get a special type or just random orange tint polarised sunglasses?

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I got fishing glasses at Walmart. They do make everything orange and dim, but my eyes adjust to it and im not blind and seeing spots for seconds after jerks go by so im able to drive 70 Mph on highways and normal nighttime speeds in town.

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Do night driving glasses stop led headlight glare?
    UV glasses don't stop LED and future laser light.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

theyre not uv theyre night driving glasses. theyre supposed to make oncoming car headlights less harsh

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Question: where are the best places to place the tape to maximize effectiveness against brights drivers?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I have never used the tape cos it seems dangerous/illegal but another anon said u put a piece on the back of your headrest for cars behind you and a piece on the front of your sun visor for oncoming cars. you flip the visor down when they approach.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

The problem with putting it on your visor is when the sun is rising or setting in your face, you will flip it down and blind everyone going the other way

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I put the tape on a little cardboard panel then attached it to the visor with elastic straps, so it's easy to take off.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

The problem with putting it on your visor is when the sun is rising or setting in your face, you will flip it down and blind everyone going the other way

so sun visor and only deploy at night, got it

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

You should probably have a 2nd panel that flips the solas tape down in case you're driving into the sunset and you want the sun blocking without being a danger to everyone going the other way

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

All it does is reflect the sunlight directly back at the sun. It isn't a mirror, I don't know why you morons can't understand this.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Sometimes the sun is in the direction of cars, houses and pedestrians

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

plenty of vehicles have reflective tape on the outside, trucks, emergency services etc.

https://i.imgur.com/xXgv5vT.jpg

You should probably have a 2nd panel that flips the solas tape down in case you're driving into the sunset and you want the sun blocking without being a danger to everyone going the other way

Sometimes the sun is in the direction of cars, houses and pedestrians

>you will flip it down and blind everyone going the other way
        this only happens if the sun is right behind them. assuming their own vehicle/headrest/head/body isn't blocking the sun anyway.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

since vehicles are so tall nowadays and headlights are often at headrest level for a regular sedan, headrest would be best spot. if they're closer, you might want to put it on the bumper or something since the angle between their eyes and the headlights is then narrower

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I rode my bike with an orange visor and it's a meme, it distorts colors too much. Now I ride with a dark visor and it helps a lot with glare and I can see better in low conditions even if it's darker

11. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Safelite AutoGlass can replace your windshield anywhere during work hours and it's cheaper than people going to a dealership to have it done (they call the same people and charge customers another $80 for service). A brand new windshield will always look better for driving at night.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Sometimes independent windshield shops are cheaper. I think it was around $300 for someone to go replace my windshield at my house while I was at work. They did a great job

12. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I find them good for dusk, when it's that awkward hour of not being completely dark so your eyes are still wide open, but auto lights are all switched on and beaming into your retina. For unlit roads I found they darken everything too much unless another car is coming.

13. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Only a small improvement.
    Rainy nights without street lights are counterproductive.
    Works well for fog at night.

14. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It would work against some. But newer cars would still get through

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *