DO NOT BUY TOYOTA

>bought a 2024 Prius
>drive at night, wtf these headlights are way too dim to see, must be a defect since car is only 3 weeks old, time to take it in to get looked at since it's under warranty
>get told by thr service techs it's normal and replacing headlights is my responsibility, and that replacing every month is a normal service interval because "we can't prove you haven't been driving solely at night or with your headlights always on" absolute bullshit cop-out response they just don't want to fix it
>look up the issue online, apparently it's a common issue going back 15+ years with multiple class action lawsuits and Toyota has never fixed it (you can google Toyota headlight lawsuit and there's tons for different models)
>have to keep using my vehicle obviously, end up crashing into a curb and bending the wheel back, denting the rim, and popping the tire so had to pay to repair damages too

I keep replacing them and they just burn out in a month. This is absolutely ridiculous for a car manufacturer to act like this is acceptable. It's like driving with 2 incandescent flashlights from the '90s on the front of your car, absolutely UNSAFE! Toyota is no longer the reliable brand they once were, do not buy from these scam artists. Pic isn't even mine, there's thousands upon thousands of people reporting this same issue. You literally cannot safely drive their cars at night, same story with the high beams too.

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

Tip Your Landlord Shirt $21.68

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>bought a 2024 Prius
    Stopped reading there. Go post your blog on Reddit.

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Hey OP, are you sure you're not completely full of shit?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>high beams on

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

*automatic high beams, good sir

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Black person

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Hey, watch your mouth, YT.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I think your camera has astigmatism

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Yeah it's usually smeared in cannabis grease

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Never needed to change a bulb in any of my Toyoda products

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>He fell for the Toyota meme

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    check the wiring and shut off ya car gay

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

The headlights in my hondas suck ass but I chalk it up to the aftermarket headlight housing being garbage and all the actual Honda ones are so old they're not any better. I also have 5% tint on my windshield and commute on the highway at night lmao.

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>replacing every month is a normal service interval because "we can't prove you haven't been driving solely at night or with your headlights always on"
    kek that's moronic, my car made it 6 years/50k miles before i had to replace the headlight bulbs, and that was with them always on

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

So OP got giga-scammed by a stealership and now pretends that it is Toyota's fault

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Yeah noticed this in 2015 taxis when i drove them meanwhile my audm falcons fine keke

10. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

WHY ARE YOU moronS FALLING FOR THIS?

OP's pic is like a 2nd generation Prius.
    The new Prii use LED headlights which aren't even user replaceable.
    OP's post completely doesn't make sense.

TLDR it's bait

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Old news, Toyotas have been trash since every post 2004 model which is 20 years.

https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2009/06/is-toyota-hiding-from-prius-headlight-problem/

>not user replaceable

As far as I'm concerned that's even worse. Non-self-serviceability is another shady business practice like planned obsolescence. We should've realized this when they made it impossible to change the transmission fluid on our own...

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

it doesn't make someone a moron if they don't know every single part on every single make and model of car, especially on a prius which no one with a dick gives a shit about.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Lol ok OP. So why do you claim to have replaced them after they burn out every month if it's a 2024 Prius with sealed LED headlight assemblies? That would be a warranty claim. Even halogen bulbs have a 1yr warranty from the dealership. Youre full of shit.
        Again... Another Toyota reliability meme thread

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>sealed headlight assembly
          >sealed transmission system

You're moronic if you buy into this, not being able to service your own car is a scam. That's even worse than what OP is claiming which is in fact a known issue with Toyotas just not that model year.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Nice job dodging the point there OP. Let me repeat this: OP (You) are full of shit.
            People like you are why we have sealed transmissions and sealed headlights in the first place.
            Learn some humility and have some introspection my friend. It will do you well

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

OP really telling us we can google “Toyota headlight lawsuit” and immediately realize he is full of shit, and these DAtists still fall for it. Hilarious

11. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

12. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Another toyota reliability meme thread

13. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

If on the off chance this is real, go higher than your dealer, contact the regional Toyota branch or go straight to Toyota of America. Make a fuss about this online, post on YouTube at the very least. Who knows, maybe you’ll get this resolved quickly if it gets enough attention. More and more people have managing to do so with various Toyota issues lately.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I reported it to NHTSA but they've known about the issue for 15 years and there's never been a safety recall...

14. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Hey op, had the same issue with mine, here's how I fixed it:
    >Don't buy new
    >don't buy from dealer
    >don't buy prius
    >learn 2 wrench
    Hope this helps, lemme know if you need me to explain something in more detail.

Cheers.

15. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

either
    A: turn your headlights on (not your DRL's)
    B: aim your headlights
    cause yaknow, a 2024 prius has LED headlights and you cant replace the bulb.

16. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>omg LED headlights should be illegal they are too bright
    >omg my headlights are too weak i can't drive at night
    the duality of DA

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

It's kind of one of those things that has to be within an acceptable range. Yet no moron here has told OP to aim his headlights more upward. I've heard of the Toyota headlight gremlin and the solution is LEDs but DAtists in threads like this one have recommended against them. It's literally the only solution. OP is obviously lying about it being a 2024 because Goyota finally caved and fixed it with LEDs, but before that their halogen lights were absolutely unusable and had to be user replaced with LEDs, but it was a viable solution. gays would rrreeee in threads saying no that's going to blind me!!! Just aim them down more if people are flashing you, you busriders don't even know you can adjust the angle of your headlamps.

17. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Why would a brand new Prius have incandescent headlights? Where the piss do you live? Canada? My fricking Civic has LEDs as did my 2019 Accord, like wtf.

Toyota being 10 years behind everyone else in development, but slapping new body panels on a "new" car isn't just a meme. It's reality.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Probably because they're lying just to shit on things

18. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>2024 prius
    >op picture is 3rd gen prius
    I think you need to get your vision, and IQ, checked.

19. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Sorry. I only buy Toyotas

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *