Do these things have the toyota reliability?

I heard the engine was developed by both parties

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Toyota reliability isn’t what it once was, but it’s true that they’ve co-designed many of their great motors with BMW (including the venerable 2J) so some of the shit-slinging at least is unjustified

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I am not sure if it will be as armored as the 2JZ

https://bmwtuning.co/the-5-most-common-bmw-b58-engine-problems/

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>didn't even read the article
      > Regardless, the B58 is working up to be a reliable engine in its young career.
      d'oh

https://i.imgur.com/2N6SlIz.jpeg

>Toyota appears to be conservative in using the thermal and mechanical capacity of their components. This, and good control of manufacturing variances, are probably the key drivers of their reliability.

>same old video of the moron lugging the engine for several minutes

https://i.imgur.com/Sq3Rw1O.jpeg

[...]
      Mercedes also used to be a symbol of durability , and what is its reputation in 2024 ?

Shitty times of shitty cars .

>old good new bad

Modern Mercs are shitty but I haven't heard of widespread engine grenading unlike Toyota

The G-Wagon was abused by whistlindickhead while pushing the engine to 900hp and its full of complicated electronic shit and it survived just as well if not better than the basic and simple Hilux

Honestly the poors talking about gentle and fragile they are have no idea, they still literally overbuilt despite most never seeing off-road and driven gently by rich women and rappers

>here's another anecdote video

DA is an absolute shit hole

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

i notice you didn't have a cope for the yaris videos 🙂

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Here's this threads theme song

>didn't even read the article
          > Regardless, the B58 is working up to be a reliable engine in its young career.
          d'oh
          [...]
          >same old video of the moron lugging the engine for several minutes
          [...]
          >old good new bad
          [...]
          >here's another anecdote video

DA is an absolute shit hole

Yeah no shit this board is as bad as a video game board or /misc/

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

[Embed]
            Me when I pull the hand brake too early

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

What yaris videos? link?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

they're in the pictures of

https://i.imgur.com/L7Mc5gG.png

>My guess is that they have tuned the new Supra very conservatively, using less boost and generating less heat. This will bring it in line with traditional Toyota reliability.. Toyota is known for its rigorous testing and quality control procedures. Before the Supra was released, Toyota conducted extensive testing and development to ensure that the BMW engine would meet Toyota's standards for reliability and performance.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>whoa Black person, a screenshot of youtube clickbaits?!
            t/o/y/o/ta sisters how will we co-ACK!
            >capcha XKP00
            poo indeed

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

disappointing cope, but at least you responded to it i guess.

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>I heard the engine was developed by both parties
    toyota had nothing to do mechanically with the car. toyota basically just looked at a Z3 and said "gud enough, the moronic weebs won't know. its basically free real estate"

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I mean it's a Z4, and it's not built by BMW either you moron.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

doesn't matter if the car comes from a BMW factory or not. its BMW's parts that Toyota just slapped their badge on. its still built by pajeet and other germans.

its not a jap car.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Well it wasn't built by toyota.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>built in the same factory as the z4

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

they took the bmw engine and put a different turbo setup on it and threw a tune at it.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

They put all of the parts thru their standard stress testing and asked BMW to change anything they didn't like. In the engine's case the main changes they requested was making it closed deck and switching from an electric water pump to mechanical.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>B58B30M0
        >first & original version of the B58
        >Supra wasn't even in developed yet
        >it is closed-deck originally
        >it uses a mechanical pump originally
        https://www.ebay.com/itm/404830052843
        >B58's little cousins, B38 and B48 were released even earlier
        >both had close-deck blocks

the only development Toyota had in the B58 was making sure the Toyota badge fits neatly on the engine cover

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Supra started development in 2012, B58 first came out in 2015. Toyota went kind of nuts with reliability testing from the start and stepped on a lot of toes to get some of the changes they wanted made. Also, the B58B30C that's specific to the Supra has a different cylinder head, pistons, and connecting rods. Maybe it's because Toyota had planned on putting more boost into their tune, but who knows

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Did you notice that the Supra is generating 335 hp from the same engine that makes 382 hp in the Z4?

Also, did you notice that Toyota’s V-6 generates 301 horsepower in the Camry, but with supercharging reaches 430 horsepower in the Lotus Evora without any changes to the internal moving parts?

Toyota appears to be conservative in using the thermal and mechanical capacity of their components. This, and good control of manufacturing variances, are probably the key drivers of their reliability.

My guess is that they have tuned the new Supra very conservatively, using less boost and generating less heat. This will bring it in line with traditional Toyota reliability.. Toyota is known for its rigorous testing and quality control procedures. Before the Supra was released, Toyota conducted extensive testing and development to ensure that the BMW engine would meet Toyota's standards for reliability and performance.

The only moronic thing they did was the frankenstein manual gearbox they felt they needed to create which is just made up of components from Getrag and ZF gearboxes.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

it's a great gearbox thoughever

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Did you notice that the Supra is generating 335 hp from the same engine that makes 382 hp in the Z4?

Also, did you notice that Toyota’s V-6 generates 301 horsepower in the Camry, but with supercharging reaches 430 horsepower in the Lotus Evora without any changes to the internal moving parts?

Toyota appears to be conservative in using the thermal and mechanical capacity of their components. This, and good control of manufacturing variances, are probably the key drivers of their reliability.

My guess is that they have tuned the new Supra very conservatively, using less boost and generating less heat. This will bring it in line with traditional Toyota reliability.. Toyota is known for its rigorous testing and quality control procedures. Before the Supra was released, Toyota conducted extensive testing and development to ensure that the BMW engine would meet Toyota's standards for reliability and performance.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

They bumped the Supra to 382 in America when the manual came out, in euroland it stayed at 335 bc emissions and shit

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Euro B58s have gasoline particulate filters

I am not sure what are the tuner expected to get from 3 cylinder 1.6l. I suspect they were being moronic and expecting 500hp from it just by increasing boost.
        The standard 280hp sounds over stressed.

It's fine, 280hp was overstressed for a 2.0 4cyl 25-30 years ago. Now you have better manufacturing techniques, direct injection, heads that flow nearly 2x better, modern engine management systems that can cut fuel/boost/timing to save the engine, etc.

Most of the G16E failures have to do with valve springs not being strong enough to handle boost pressure from larger turbos causing valve float. Not the bottom end.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

direct injection sucks and means nothing. you know nothing

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Direct injection is great and the reason why cars make more horsepower than 20 years ago. Toyota specifically pairs it with port injection to eliminate the long term issues post warranty (D4S)

If you knew better than every car company in the world then you wouldn't be posting here.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

The BMW version still isn't high-strung and isn't running at its limit at 380hp, the real limit is 500hp on stock engine parts once you let it breath with a new exhaust, meth & tune

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>did you notice that Toyota’s V-6 generates 301 horsepower in the Camry
      >but with supercharging reaches 430 horsepower in the Lotus Evora

I also noticed it uses a race exhaust cam, revised valvetrain and a new oil cooler and that modern BMW engines are more popular as a tuning platform than the 2GR

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>modern BMW engines are more popular as a tuning platform than the 2GR
        Duh. No point in tuning Camries and shit.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Frick off

%3D

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>430 horsepower
      You say that like it's a lot

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>3.5 all aluminum v6 used in camry's
        >making power 5.0+ v8s make without internals tampered with
        Are you trying to be moronic on purpose?

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>430 isn't a lot
        I hate you fricking Instagram/tiktok homosexuals zoomers. Outside the internet 430bhp is quite plenty.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Toyota under rated it, most likely to not directly compete power wise with BMW. There were no internal changes when they later "increased" the power numbers.

https://i.imgur.com/2N6SlIz.jpeg

>Toyota appears to be conservative in using the thermal and mechanical capacity of their components. This, and good control of manufacturing variances, are probably the key drivers of their reliability.

Sweetie, that's a Subaru.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Toyota follows accepted practice engineering design rules, so they adhere to the standard of safety factor of 50%, with a little extra on top.
      Take that v6 you mentioned. Toyota says "yes we want a reliable 300hp motor" then they follow the 50% rule, and do an inverse scale of 10% for that little extra.
      300 x 1.5 / 0.9 = 430HP.

To put it in lifespan terms,
      That v6 that can hit 250k miles at 300hp can do more than 100k miles FI'd to 430.
      45% power increase at roughly half the lifespan is a typical result.

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>My guess is that they have tuned the new Supra very conservatively, using less boost and generating less heat. This will bring it in line with traditional Toyota reliability.. Toyota is known for its rigorous testing and quality control procedures. Before the Supra was released, Toyota conducted extensive testing and development to ensure that the BMW engine would meet Toyota's standards for reliability and performance.

Mercedes also used to be a symbol of durability , and what is its reputation in 2024 ?

Shitty times of shitty cars .

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Modern Mercs are shitty but I haven't heard of widespread engine grenading unlike Toyota

The G-Wagon was abused by whistlindickhead while pushing the engine to 900hp and its full of complicated electronic shit and it survived just as well if not better than the basic and simple Hilux

Honestly the poors talking about gentle and fragile they are have no idea, they still literally overbuilt despite most never seeing off-road and driven gently by rich women and rappers

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Oh no no no. Toyota sisters, what's our response without sounding mad?

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Rest assured , all problems of the new Supra can always be blamed on "BMW sabotage".

Success has many fathers, and failure is an orphan.

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Pretty weird of Toyota to focus on making the engine block thin and full of holes on a tiny engine fed tons of boost. The actual rally engines are solid closed deck with fully forged internals meanwhile BMW did just that on the S58. Its like Toyota built an N/A engine and fitted turbocharging as an afterthought. Dissapointing when you go back to their previous work, like the 4E-FTE. This means to get anywhere with the GR Yaris you need to rebuild the whole thing / most of it with aftermarket parts to deal with stress and they also made the ECU hard to frick with, apparently various tuners were complaining about the valve trains and headgasket shitting themselves with more boost on stock and the engine being unhappy with ECU tuning and had to be carefully fine tuned

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I am not sure what are the tuner expected to get from 3 cylinder 1.6l. I suspect they were being moronic and expecting 500hp from it just by increasing boost.
        The standard 280hp sounds over stressed.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

people sleep on the 1.4T and 2.0T i4's from chevy

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

No they dont those engines are garbage. 170hp from a 1.4t is what you should expect and still have to deal with prematurely destroyed plastic egr valves.

Fricking 22+ psi in a 1.4t, the moronation.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

GM cannot build a timing chain to save it's life. If it was Japanese it would've been fine.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Formula 1 pulls out 850 hp from 1,6 L , and rarely blows up

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

every component has to basically be cooked to the exact right secret sauce specification, or the whole engine has to be thrown out. and something as simple as a single piston on the engine, can cost $10,000.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I would be very surprised if their routine maintenance didn't include a full engine rebuild after every race weekend

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

they're allowed three engines for the entire season

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I just looked into the technical regulations, I thought they were allowed a lot more maintenance and that it only counted into the engine allowance when they needed to replace a significant component (engine block, crankshaft, pistons/conrods, valvetrain etc)
            But apparently they can't even replace most gaskets and most of the things they are allowed to replace are pumps, injectors, electronics and stuff like that

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous
      • 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

my cousin had one a long time ago when they were still newish. he was so excited but he spent like 4k on maint in his first year of ownership and it still had problems his mechanic then said the transmission was on its way out so he sold it.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>money shift
      >valve float
      >unspecified "i'm selling my car" vid
      Give me the single most durable car engine in the world and I'll blow it up in an afternoon. Doing moronic shit is not difficult anon

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>influencers purposefully destroy cars for views
      Cool. Still less gr86/gr yaris/corolla catastrophic failures than there has been with corvette failures. Motortrend couldn't even test the C7 Z06 it kept shittig itself. Not to mention all the boomers who were having engines explode on their daily commute.

Meanwhile HKS boosted up a bone stock GR Yaris to 400whp as a test and demo car, drifting it basically everyday, and it's had zero issues.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>when the yota shit blows up, it was done on purpose
        lol cope

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>Own BMW
          >Breaking down is a feature

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Be toyota
            >come crying to BMW for a good engine

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Buy new Vette
            >BCM issues (why do only American cars get these?)
            >Have to beg car to start

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>Tfw the only thing that grenades in a civic type r is the transmission
        Honda bros, we win again

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Doesn't it use a BMW engine?

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Nothing post 2000-2004 has old Toyota reliability.

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Why do toyota fanbois keep imagining toyota had anything to do mechanically with their rebadged cars? Testsuya tada, the chief engineer at the time, was a loser who could only rebadge.

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

They're all practically brand new you dumbass. They haven't had time to fail yet without severe abuse.

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Meanwhile HKS boosted up a bone stock GR Yaris to 400whp as a test and demo car, drifting it basically everyday, and it's had zero issues.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Buy M5 dream car, 1:1 spec with 6spd manny troony
      >limp mode as soon as it gets home

lgtss

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>what about'ism
        lmao. funny that corvette engines are commonly used in super cars whilst Toyota had to go to another manufacturer for the nameplate of their own flagship.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>He's fanboying Corvettes now to deflect

OH NO NO NO NO

>Buy Corvette
          >Can't even open doors

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/zd3JZBQ.jpeg

>Own BMW
        >Breaking down is a feature

https://i.imgur.com/Yzn0FUt.jpeg

>He's fanboying Corvettes now to deflect

OH NO NO NO NO

>Buy Corvette
        >Can't even open doors

https://i.imgur.com/BIH4M73.jpeg

>Buy new Vette
        >BCM issues (why do only American cars get these?)
        >Have to beg car to start

https://i.imgur.com/NAmbmbI.jpeg

>buy Corvette because DA told me it was gud
        >explodes rear diff into a million pieces, drops valves, breaks oil pump, won't let me in the car, and harmonic balancer wobbles so hard it sounds cammed

>screenshots of some youtuber clickbait trash
        why do you clowns expect anyone to take your posts seriously?

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>buy Corvette because DA told me it was gud
    >explodes rear diff into a million pieces, drops valves, breaks oil pump, won't let me in the car, and harmonic balancer wobbles so hard it sounds cammed

13. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>be boosted vette with triple the horsepower of any GR vehicle from toyota
    >has higher recorded mileage than any performance toyota
    lmao

14. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>fanboy vettes knowing damn well you're gonna lose calling Toyotas unreliable as a BMWBlack person
    >blow up your 10 year old sports car DA memed into buying because it's a truck engine bro $500 LS swap lmao!
    >find out a replacement engine is half of the cars book value

lgtss

15. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>oh nos! there are junked corvettes!
    >*still more C4s C5s and C6s on the road with higher mileage than equivalent generation poopras*

16. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

the israelites hate japs
    nuff said

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

how many israelites fit in a supra?

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

two inside and 5,999,998 in the ashtray

17. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

> I heard the engine was developed by both parties
    Engine is entirely BMW and that’s why performance is so good and beyond anything Toyota currently makes. BMW has used the B58 and the ZF8 since like 2016 and they’re proven to be virtually bulletproof.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Toyota makes a bunch of really good engines, including turbo V6s and the amazing 2UR-GSE V8, but for some reason they didn't want to make a more hardcore version of the LC500 that should have been the new Supra

18. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I'm seeing all these images of broken down cars, but they all belong to rich trust fund homosexuals and suddenly I do not give the tiniest frick.
    What a trash thread.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I think that's the most tragic part, a lot of them aren't trust fund kids they're just people that wanted a BMW and said how bad could it be. The trust fund kids don't care because they can just go to a dealership cut a check and move on. Those people are in new cars that aren't going to have a problem or have no problem going to a shop and paying a bill that runs as much as what most normal people earn in 2-3 paychecks

I like BMWs but I would never own one as a daily driver other than a few exceptions

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *