Do you currently own or have ever owned a shitbox?

Do you currently own or have ever owned a shitbox?

Beware Cat Shirt $21.68

Tip Your Landlord Shirt $21.68

Beware Cat Shirt $21.68

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

No

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I see about 4k worth of vehicles total

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

That's more than what I paid for all of them total. Sold.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Fiat
      >Opel
      >???

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

skoda

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

skoda

Renault Dauphine.

In reality it's a Lada Niva, GAZ-24 Volga and a Škoda 120GLS

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

ive never owned a nice car, only shitboxes.
    never owning a nice car saved me enough money to buy a $500k house at 32

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Have XJ Cherokees reached shitbox status yet?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>XJ
      always has been

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

All the shitbox xjs dried up, theyre $10k collector cars now

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

What are you on about?

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I left the shitbox life behind when I finally got a good job. You can never go back.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Turn in your man card Black person

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

I guess "men" aren't allowed to... have jobs anymore?
        Hell yeah brother us real men only live in poverty forever

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Hell yeah brother, take the poorpill

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Having a job means you're poor. Hadn't heard that one before, I'll give you that.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

T. Poorgay

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I drove a 94(?) ranger in the smokey mountains and I loved every second of it. The thing had rust holes for ventilation, the only working gauge was the speedo, oil and fuel leaks, no starter, and my favorite part was the shifter never being actually bolted to the troony. It made good anti-theft, self defense, and pulling the stick out when I shifted from 3rd to 4th while pretending to panic were some of the best keks I've had.

I want to buy another shitbox just to run into the ground but I don't know what car to choose. Maybe some 90s minivan.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Oh and the cats were stolen so you knew when I was coming around.

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I don't like modern cars unless my back is blown out from heavy labor, then the comfort is nice.

• 1 month ago
      Greased Geese

buy seats from a luxury car and put it in your bucket

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

If you take care of your shitbox is it still a shitbox?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I love nothing more than early millenia cars that have been taken well care of. I always admire this one purple corolla at my parents place that has an absolutely pristine spotless coat every time I see it

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I've owned a Caravan, a Corolla, a Camry, and 4 motorcycles. Total purchase price of all vehicles I've ever owned combined was under 10k CAD. I was born into the shitbox way and a higher power has denied my pleas to advance past constant rust repair and rebuilding wiring harnesses. I cannot escape and must make do with what I can.

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

No, out of respect for the car and myself i maintain it.

10. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

i own 7 cars in my life all shitboxes. I never own car in good condition in my life...and i never will.
    Eastern Europe roads and climate turns nice cars form West to shitboxes in 4-5 years.
    You just can't have nice stuff in Slavland

11. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Do you guys count the Chevy Cruze as a shitbox? Because I do.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Anon, you had me at "Chevy"

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Genesis models are the only non-shitbox korean cars. Daewoo cruze is definitely a shitbox, no question about it.

12. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Well that all depends:

how hard is it to change the transmission on a 2012 Chevy Impala? Because if it's not that hard then I guess I still own a shitbox but I might be able to fix it.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

entire front subframe drop, remove engine, need alignment after reinstall. seen people do it at home but its a hell of a job, way easier with a 2 post lift

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

That is not the answer I was hoping for. It's leaking black goo from the side of it so I'm not sure if there's some kind of output shaft bearing that can wear out. It's making a weird rattley noise...I may have to take it to a mechanic since it's not throwing any codes.

13. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I have and I do. Ever since my E28 M5 got rear ended at a stoplight 10 years ago I only daily cars I won't get attached to, and take my fun cars on road trips, weekend drives, and maybe occasionally to work when the weather is great and the traffic is light. (I currently DD an E90 335d with a cheap repaint and some underbody rust).

14. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I have yet to spend over $500 on a vehicle so yes that's all I've ever owned. Most were vehicles only I would drive as you had to know the quirks of the vehicle to not die as much. They definitely have their pros. It's definitely nice not having to give a single frick about a vehicle. Ding my doors, I don't care. Oh no it's hailing, the hail damage is just speed dimples. Functionally a shitbox does everything a new $30k econobox does aside from the image. If that's worth the $500/mo payment then all the power to ya.

15. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>Do you currently own or have ever owned a shitbox?
    The closest thing that I’ve had was an old Prius with a couple patches of messed-up paint, some rust on the undercarriage, an air dam that got a corner fricked up by road debris, and some moderate wear on the interior around the driver’s side.

I don’t know if it’s really proper to call it a shitbox since in spite of not being particularly diligent about maintenance, it held up better than my dad’s second Prius that’s a full 6 years newer than my old Prius, and my brother-in-law’s Prius of the same vintage that has body panels held together with tape and zip ties.

I’ve occasionally thought about getting another one in mint green if I ever decided to go full moron and trade my current daily in for a fun car. They’re amazingly versatile and resilient beaters with rock bottom running costs, just completely devoid of any fun factor while actually driving unless you got one with the optional JBL speakers.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

just put your own jbl speakers in

16. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Yes and I miss that piece of shit from time to time. It was a manual legacy wagon, the exhaust rusted off, there was body damage on one of the rear quarter panels. I stitched the quarters back on with zip ties because they rusted out at the fenders. Snow drifting, ripping dirt roads, playing in the mud. It was so nice to not give a single frick about it. The seethe it generated driving through the nice suburb was great.

17. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I owned a VT Commodore wagon with 480,000k on original motor.
    Fricking loved it, oil in the coolant all the time, cold mornings knocked like a flak cannon. Never let me down once, regret trading it in every day.

18. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

and no,your 2020+ perfectly kept econobox is not a "shitbox" you fricking homosexuals

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

How about my 2018 Mirage with dents all over and a busted front bumper cover?

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>People that act like a 5 year old civic is a shitbox
      >The newest car Ive owned is from 2006 and even I don't really consider that a shitbox yet

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

What about my 2010 4th owner Civic that now has a dent from some drunk.KIA kids driving state lines to crash into my parked car at 2AM?

19. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

> own a shitbox
    > can take it to the store and park it anywhere with no worries
    > morons hit it with their door, dgaf
    > morons hit it with their cart, gfaf
    > some moron bumps into you in a parking lot, dgaf (especially considering his plastic fender is fricked and yours is fine)
    > insurance is cheap since you just need the bare minimum
    > maintenance is cheap since you don't do it
    > "car wash? Eh, it'll rain at some point"
    > drive it until something breaks, then either part it out, sell it to a junkyard, or give it to your friend's kid for free

I had a 1979 Ford Granada 4 door once. It was liberating. It started having problems and one day didn't start so I donated it to one of those st. Vincent de paul type car donation places and a couple weeks later I saw it out on the road, it had been fixed up and some fat parents were driving around with what looked like a couple of kids in the backseat. Everyone should have a shitbox as a second car.

20. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I'm about to buy a shitbox and drive the wheels off.

21. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Never a full-on rusted out jalopy shitbox like that. The closest thing I've ever had was my E30, which was more of just a money pit that I almost never managed to do anything with because as soon as I'd fix one thing another thing would break.

22. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

its not a phase mom!

23. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I owned a 94 HP 106 XSI once. total pocket rocket, but it had burn marks on the inside and I'm sure it's been on its roof at least once.

24. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

1st car: vw bug: shitbox
    2nd car: 70 chevy 2wd: shitbox
    3rd car: 93 Lude vtech to: awesome car
    4th car: 03 chevy 2500: shitbox but awesome
    5th oh who gives a shit

25. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

all I have are shitboxes

26. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Lol yeah. When I was a teenager my dad rolled up in a 2003 Mitsubishi Galant that he got for $1,300 and said "anon I got you a car," it was supposed to be black but the whole topcoat was peeling and it was a little brown, a little grey, a little white. Thing ws awful and brokedown all the time. My dad was not good at buying cars. We called it Black Beauty.

27. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

YEP
    shitbox fgs ones a xr6 plus turbo ones a stock xt lol

28. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

oops forgot pic back on street tyres rn same rims

29. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

multiple

30. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

damn i'm in the market for a shitbox, i've never owned a car and my credit isn't good enough to get a 10k loan for a decently maintained used one. are they only worth buying if you have mechanical knowledge? or do you guys just buy them to further run them into the ground? if it's the former, what resources should i look into to learn more about how cars work and how to fix shit? whats the DA approved car maintenance 101 reading material?

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Some people run them straight into the ground and move on to the next one, others treat their shitboxes like their babies and get quite a few years out of them. Sometimes they treat them like absolute shit and still get quite a few years out of them anyways. Besides general repair stuff on YouTube etc, start watching/reading up on more model specific stuff, that's what I learned on a lot.
      I take it your budget is less than 3k? What are you looking for in a car?

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

yeah i'm shopping between 1-3k, im too impatient at this point, i've spent the last 6 months catching up on debts thinking i was finally going to enter the bank for a loan yesterday only to get denied, so i wasn't saving money and wasn't even really able to until now. i was looking for a truck to put a camper on but at this point i'm looking for whatever will get me to work while i continue to build credit.

31. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Do my borther and father 20yo peugeot engine cars count?
    My only car I've ever had is only 1 year old.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *