do you guys actually check what level your engine oil is at after an oil change?

do you guys actually check what level your engine oil is at after an oil change? i’ve always had luck pouring in exactly however many quarts my cars need. I genuinely don’t understand what the big fuss is about. Please explain your moronation.

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

Black Rifle Cuck Company, Conservative Humor Shirt $21.68

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Why the frick do you think cars have dipsticks or oil level sensors?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

that's not what dipsticks are used for dipshit.

t. mechanic

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

wrong

t. wendys mechanic

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

no. i think you misunderstood. if you’ve poured in the proper amount then what’s the point in checking the dipstick afterwards? the amount of oil that had not drained itself out of the engine is always a negligible amount. there’s no reason to check it so frequently if you know what you put in.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>if you’ve poured in the proper amount then what’s the point in checking the dipstick afterwards?
        Might be overfilled if there's still oil sitting in lines

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

what's the point in having a fuel gauge? i just fill up the tank every time I go to the gas station, so there's no reason for me to know how much gas I currently have.
        >t. gay op

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>ddurrr durrrr im fricking moronic and comparing apples to oranges
          not an argument

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Apples and oranges are both tasty affordable fruits that grow on trees, they have similar sizes, both contain pectin and fructose, they really are very comparable and in most cases they are interchangeable. Like if you want an orange and you go to the fridge and find you have an apple, but no oranges, normal people will eat the apple and not care very much that it's not an orange, and neither are on the new food pyramid.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Who the frick puts fruit in the fridge

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

after the oil change i fill it to the full mark, start it and let it run for a few seconds after building pressure then shut it off, let it sit while I clean up and put tools away, then check again and top up to the full mark. i also check all my fluids every time I get gas.

i always worry I forgot to install or torque the oil filter or drain plug even though I did it 30 seconds ago. no point to not check if you're doing your own oil changes.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

rare based OP

that's not what dipsticks are used for dipshit.

t. mechanic

>if you’ve poured in the proper amount then what’s the point in checking the dipstick afterwards?
      Might be overfilled if there's still oil sitting in lines

what's the point in having a fuel gauge? i just fill up the tank every time I go to the gas station, so there's no reason for me to know how much gas I currently have.
      >t. gay op

https://i.imgur.com/bbSeaB7.jpeg

In the time it took for you to make that post you could have checked your oil at least 5 times.

seething morons

>car takes 6.9 qts
      >pour in 7

>problem?

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

In the time it took for you to make that post you could have checked your oil at least 5 times.

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Check it. Then check it again later after a drive. Then again when I fill up next. After that, monthly.
    Want to catch any leaks early.
    Or when I've paid to have it done, catch those morons when they've overfilled it by a quart on a 5.7 qt engine...fricking morons.

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>car takes 6.9 qts
    >pour in 7

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

In my rx8 if I jacked the car up from the drivers side I was able to drain the oil from the oil cooler and remove an extra 1.5qts over specified fill quantity.

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Yes, double-checking your work does nothing but ensure your work is successful.

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

about 4 months ago i poured half a quart more than i was supposed to, engine doesn't burn any oil whatsoever. should i be worried?

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

It takes 10 extra seconds and just gives you the confirmation that everything's in order.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Measure twice, cut once. Logic still applies

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>he's so braindead moronic that he has to measure twice for something already perfectly measured at the factory

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I do for sheer peace of mind.

10. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

morons gonna moron. Don't bother trying to understand them, they don't actually have any logic.

All they "know" is parroting whatever they were told. If Scotty Kilmer said it, it MUST be true.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *