Do you have a dash cam?

In the market and everything get when you search is sponsored shillpost garbage.

CRIME Shirt $21.68

Yakub: World's Greatest Dad Shirt $21.68

CRIME Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>In the market and everything get when you search

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

OP bungled a word or two but I get the gist of it, he wants recommendations from any DAtists who use good dash cams because literally everything on search engines now is complete Chinesium can't-read-a-plate-at-5-feet toy camera garbage, a ChatGPT written best of list with sponsored links, or both.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

I concur.
        I want a really discreet dash cam unit with the best quality possible. I hate clutter in the car and would look something that looks like an OEM option almost. Budget would be $500 or less, I’m really not sure what the rate is for these but I’d just want the best and neatest

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

There isn't a dash cam out there that's going to have a resolution good enough to decipher someone's license plate.

• 2 months ago
          TooZ

I recognise that ghey blowjob.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

You’ll have to be more specific.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Some of the Starvis 2 cameras like the Viofo A139 Pro and Vantrue N4 Pro can read the occasional plate, but they still mostly can't. Police license plate readers like the Axon Fleet 3 are a totally different ballgame, but they cost $12k and civvies can't get them. They work best with black on white text, which is why states like TX and CO are switching to very plain looking plates

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>but they cost $12k and civvies can't get them.
            frickijg pigs

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

You can get an Axon Flex 2 for like $100, best resolution you're going to get and easy to program a delayed start (recording constantly so you always have the first 30 secs to 1 minute of what happened). You'll have to figure out mounting because it's meant to be worn on person. Bodycams in general are good dashcam alternatives and can have better specs.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>compressing shit to post it on DAg
          I'm sure there are and you just haven't looked hard enough

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

If you sure that there are, why aren't you providing proof to counter my argument?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

because I'm not your mommy and you're the one making the claim in the first place. do your own research or rot in your bed of corpses.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>do your own research
            I have. All dash cams are just the same Chinese-built pieces of shit that are only good for entertainment because law enforcement is going to do frick all because your $500 camera is no better than a $5 camera when it comes to catching the license plate number of a car being driven by Black person, who rammed into you and drove off.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

you just have to get in the habit of reading the license plate aloud several times if anything happens
          I was prioritizing resolution for the same reason, but eventually realized it's just not worth it.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>I was prioritizing resolution for the same reason,

its not the resolution strictly speaking. its the video processing chip they all use.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Thank you, this is precisely what I meant. That's what I get for posting right before I fall asleep. After waking up and reading it, I guess I'm ESL.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Esteemed connoisseurs of the imageboard realm, I find myself currently engaged in the pursuit of acquiring a dashboard camera. Regrettably, my endeavors to identify a suitable device for procurement have been met with considerable consternation, as the outcomes of my inquiries across myriad digital platforms are predominantly marred by paid endorsements, lacking in substantive content, and of a quality that falls lamentably short of acceptable standards.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Thank you for clearing that up, good sir!

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Get a Viofo

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Id love to mount one in the grill so I don't have to see all the wires and shit

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

They are all pretty terrible for reading a license plate, they usually have some type of wide angle lens specifically for catching stuff in the peripheral, because people think the camera on the dash can see is why the field of view as they can from the driver seat.

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

what you want to look for isn't just full hd 1080p 4k ultra high definition recording etc. etc. but also the bitrate - higher bitrate means it'll be better at capturing finer details that are moving, such as plates. But even then they can still struggle, so if you can, get one with audio recording, and get into the habit of reading out plate numbers. Especially at night, because cameras in general just suck at night time recording, and it doesn't help that glare from headlights just makes plates pretty much impossible to read.
    Viofo A119 v3 is a decent one and they sell a separate hardwire kit with an adjustable minimum voltage cutoff; if the battery drops below whatever voltage you set it to, the camera turns off to conserve power.
    I had a Uniden IgoCam 70r that I got for free, it worked great, had 1080p front recording, 720p rear. Someone love tapped me from behind and drove off, but we were moving slow enough that his front plate was clear as day. Handed in footage to insurance and took about three months before i got my money back. In other situations though, best to read out the plates.

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I have a vantru n2 pro in 2 of my vehicles. Its ok, offers 2 channel and wide angle lens. But it is still blurry on the license plate... only $120 on amazon.
    I just call out license plate numbers when someone starts fricking with me on the road.

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Automotive installer nerd here.
    Blackvue makes very good cameras, they can do 4k recording with a 90° viewing angle and have the option of a second rear camera.
    Standard functionality include collision detection and recording when parked. (Meaning if someone bumps your car, it'll record 1 minute prior to the collision and 1 minute post collision)
    You can also config a watchdog style mode where you pick parts of the view where if something moves in those parts, the camera automagically records the same way it would in a collision event.
    They're pricey, but they're good.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Seems like cameras over $100 has collision detection and a parking mode.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

They probably do? Idk I only installed Blackvue cameras and this one other brand I forgot the name of, basically does the same and adds a radar unit but it's butt-fugly.

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

theyre all shit just buy the cheapest one

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *