Do you use synthetic or conventional oil?

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I use conventional rotella in my high mileage truck. Works fine, nig

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Synthetic blend every 3k miles/6 months, seems to be doing just fine for the 30k miles I've put on during my ownership

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

synthetic but only because I'm severely autistic. Conventional would do the job perfectly fine

case in point. 30k is nothing. You could have done 3 conventional oil changes and it would drive just as well. You're an autistic sperg

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>3k miles
      You’re just wasting money.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>3k miles
        it isnt 1988 anymore, oils can go for 7-8k miles without a problem.
        anything on the shelf in SN or SP API grade and can easily do this mileage

Don't care, 3k is my way

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>3k miles
      it isnt 1988 anymore, oils can go for 7-8k miles without a problem.
      anything on the shelf in SN or SP API grade and can easily do this mileage

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

True, oil is better than ever, but mileage you can go definitely depends on engine. Never go over 4-5k on the Ford 4.0 SOHC, or GM 3.6, no matter what oil and filter you use.

Really just be extra careful with American OHC engines in general.

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

what the frick? they still sell conventional oil? and people actually buy it? the hell?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Obviously synthetic. But frick that name. The oil used is fricking organic oil from crust. It is just chemically altered.

For big rigs

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

we don't use conventional in our big rigs or heavy equipment

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>tfw valvoline doesn't have that easy pour jug top anymore

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

fricking butthole drinks oil and gets driven hard so whatever is cheap at walshart, has to be changed every ~2k anyway.

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I don't think I have ever seen a bottle of conventional oil, im not sure they even sell it where I'm from.

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

[...]

The frick you do.

4T for most brands is synthetic. You don't know what the frick you're talking about.

https://www.motul.com/en-US/products/16500?product=MOTUL+7100+10W-40+4T

https://www.mobil.com/en/lubricants/for-personal-vehicles/our-products/products/mobil-1-racing-4t-10w-40

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

what about motul 3100 or 5100? conventional and semi-synthetic, respectively
      I'm not even the the guy who's saying you gotta use dinosaur oil, but I'm aware of motul's MA/MA2 offerings

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Castro Go! Is the 50w-20 is the only oil a sportbike should have. Point blank period.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>50w-20

Yeah you're telling someone to blow their engine on a weight like that if they require 10w-40.

what about motul 3100 or 5100? conventional and semi-synthetic, respectively
        I'm not even the the guy who's saying you gotta use dinosaur oil, but I'm aware of motul's MA/MA2 offerings

I'm not saying you can't but "SPORT BIKES ONLY USE CONVENTIONAL" is fricking moron tier when many recommend synthetic from factory. Its also probably why so few sportbike engines don't make it past 30k with that sort of boomer logic out there.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

[...]
          Why? Because of the clutch?

Everything moves faster on a sportbike and thus requires more frequent lubrication.
          You need the oil to be thinner on a sportbike that has high revs.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Look at this loser that doesn't understand oil weights.

[...]

Friction additive is used for wet clutches, Conventional or not has nothing to do with it.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>zero argument
            Nice anon.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

This you anon?

Castro Go! Is the 50w-20 is the only oil a sportbike should have. Point blank period.

50w-20 is not thinner oil.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Frick me, meant 20w-50. My apologies.

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

[...]

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I use semi-synthetic oil. My car is 23 yo and the previous owner (old head died) didn't care much about oil changes so some gunk is to be expected. If I used fully synthetic the seals would probably leak or some line would clog because of the gunk.

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

who the frick still runs conventional. Conventional is the same price as synthetic.

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Synthetic because conventional oil doesn't like being flung around at 13k RPM

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

conventional changing every 6k cause my truck likes it better

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>Truck has over 180k miles
    >Oil change place wants me to use the full synthetic (most expensive)
    >I just use the "high mileage" middle option
    Runs fricking great. I have no issues.

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I buy the cheapest synthetic at Walmart
    Supertech and quaker state are always on sale

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

interval matters way more
    synthetic doesn't have magical compounds that repair your engine or something. as long as its the right weight there's no effect.
    just change every 5k and it's literally irrelevant. if you want to go 10k between changes then yes synthetic is mandatory.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>synthetic doesn't have magical compounds that repair your engine or something
      you mean if something stops working properly, giving the car time to rest and heal won't help?

16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I only use extra virgin olive oil.

17. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Who's driving so much and making so little that an extra 30 dollars every 6 months is LITERALLY killing them

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I mean, I've been there before.
      I was dailying a 70s car because I couldn't afford nicer and when it needed oil changes it got the 99 cent a quart oil from the auto parts store that said "not for vehicles newer than 1984" on the bottle

18. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

you can't even buy REAL class 5 synthetics at stores.
    it's all israeli marketing at this point.
    real Syn oil is $20 a quart.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>REAL class 5 synthetics
      You can't use a pure PAO because it doesn't mix with additives. There needs to be some kind of ester blended in to carry the stuff oil actually needs.
      The correct "best oil" is simply that, PAO and a high purity ester blend stock.

19. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I change my synthetic oil every 5k miles

20. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Sunflowers oil for me

21. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I buy $60 5 gallon buckets of conventional 15w-40 diesel oil in all my cars. I don't care if it's supposed to get 10w-40, 10w-30, or 5w-20, I paid 3 digits for a lot of them and they're lucky to get oil changes at all.

22. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

synthetic european vw 502.00 because my cars a prissy little picky b***h.

but unironically unless your car can't run synthetic, you should be using synthetic oil and a premium performance filter and changing that shit like every 3k or 5k. Proper fluid changes and a few extra bucks for good shit will dramatically improve your engine life over time.

23. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

A conventional oil change at my local shop is $40. They tell me to come back at 3k miles and I tell them I’ll see them at 5k. I’ve never noticed any difference, having used both conventional and high mileage, high performance synthetic.

24. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

whichever is the cheapest because im not falling for these israelite tricks

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *