Do you/would you use rev matching if your car came with it?

Do you/would you use rev matching if your car came with it?

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

Black Rifle Cuck Company, Conservative Humor Shirt $21.68

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

1. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>the N mode button has a black N
    What did Hyundai mean by this?

2. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

currently have car with auto rev matching.
    turned it off because relying on it doesn't feel right when I'm already used to doing it myself.

3. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

No because then it wouldn't be a manual and throttle would be fly-by-wire.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Find me a modern sports car that doesn't have throttle by wire

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>modern
        homosexual moron, I ride motorcycles. ride by wire bikes aren't real sportbikes

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Modern sports cars suck. Any car with cable driven throttle, mechanic steering and no ABS/TCL is better than any car with them.
        Yes this means a 5 speed manual 92 Geo Metro is a better car than a C8 Z06.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

You know that's not true though.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

?t=114

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Then you can drive the 92 Geo Metro, and I'll take one for the team to drive the z06.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>I'll take one for the team
            You probably have a lot of experience with this

4. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

yes for performance driving, assuming it works well
    no for normal driving

5. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>i love driving
    >i get the car to do everything for me
    pick one

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Anon, Your car...
      >Runs the starter itself
      >Controls spark itself
      >Controls ignition timing itself
      >Cools refrigerant itself
      >Controls fuel by itself
      >Cools itself down
      >Rolls down the window at the push of a button
      >Runs the power steering itself
      >Charges the battery itself
      >Opens and closes the valves itself
      >Runs the oil pump by itself
      And you want to say you are in control of the car?

Did I miss anything?

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I love driving. Driving, the physical act of controlling tires on road.
      I never said I love the technical operation aspect of the machine working.
      You can love both, I don't.

The machine being able to correctly control itself as much as possible allows me to focus on driving the machine more than operating it.
      I love that. And I love driving.

>NO UR NOT A REAL DRIVER IF U DONT "LOVE" THIS AND THAT AND THE OTHER
      your opinion, doesn't matter.
      In the future when you're too old to be reliable and only allowed to be carted in a self driving electric golf cart they'll be sure to give you some hand cranked spinny whiz-bang gizmos that you can time to the rotation rate of the tires or something.
      I'll be doing some productive stuff instead.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

If you don't manually hand-meter the fuel and press a button to fire the spark plugs each time, you aren't a real driver.

6. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

blipping the throttle yourself on downshifts is fun and satisfying, I don't know why you'd want the car to take all the driving away from you. if you want something detached and automated why not just play gran turismo or something?

7. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

i definitely would, i enjoy manual but i'm not trying to be a racecar diver while just driving around
    honestly after having tried an auto a few times recently, i would love to be able to switch my car from manual to auto. sadly i can't afford a koenigsegg.

8. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Of course. The only problem I see is I don't know if they can rev match when skipping gears. Like if I screw up and need to go from 4 to 2 then what happens

9. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

chatgpt thread

10. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Sometimes I read stuff here that makes me wonder what people think driving is. Is marching your own revs on a downshift really the only difference between a RWD V8 manual transmission sportscar a Tesla? You take away rev matching and suddenly the car is """driving itself"""?

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Yes, have you ever driven a manual? The whole point is driver engagement and you've taken a large portion of that away by having the computer do it for you. At that point you might as well give up and drive a dual clutch and at least be faster for your less engaging drive.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I don't consider rev matching on downshifts to be a "large portion". It's not like that one was the only difference between a manual and an automatic. It's DEFINITELY not the only difference between a manual car and a self driving car. Like saying power steering makes a car self driving. You're still driving the car even if one small aspect has been made more convenient.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>"it's engaging!!!"

I drive a manual every day. What's so engaging about something I never think about? Why are you losing your head over what someone else drives?

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Mindlessly puttering around town ≠ spirited driving
          >Why are you losing your head over what someone else drives?
          Why are you getting mad at me for discussing the thread topic?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>implying that shifting gears works differently depending on where you are and what speed you're going

Anon, it's the same gears, it's just at a different location and at a different speed.

I'm starting to think you're upset because you refuse to learn manual but are somehow jealous of me.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

What do I have to be jealous of? Your inability to understand why manual is fun and more engaging than automatics? We get it, you don't actually like driving.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I'm just curious, you think being so bad at shifting that you have to actually think about it, is fun?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

be nice, the little guy is just real proud to have the same driving skill as my gran

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I'm not hating on anon, i just think it's more fun to be decent at it instead of being bad

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

well yeah, of course it's better to be competent at anything. he's just being a bit of a c**t so I'm not exactly being friendly either. the one thing touched on earlier that confuses me is that every modern auto still has some form of gear selection, so a lot of the gripes that ignore this information (i.e. no control, auto up/down-shifting) doesn't even hold water in an argument

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

it's americans
      they think driver skills mean knowing how to do what poor people around the world already do on a daily basis

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Auto revmatch good logic can be applied to dentist TCS and 700 other ezmode systems until the driving experience is forza on rookie difficulty or you're sitting in a pod playing a vr game

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

No, moron. You can enjoy one and not use the others. Your brain isn't fully developed 😀

11. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Reject this nonsense.
    We're almost to the point where Driver's Cars are non-existent

12. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

you can just stick it in with rev matching mode on?

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

What?

13. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I wouldn't need to. I manage just fine with what I have.

14. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

when i had my z with an obnoxiously loud exhaust, it was fun using it to downshift coming up to stops. its also useful if youre trying to drive really hard and you have no clue what youre doing.

15. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

FK8 and FL5 Civic Type R auto-rev match is so good you can't even tell it's there. It just makes you feel like you have super smooth downshifts.

The auto-rev match on Nissans tho blah.

16. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Driving assists are for gays

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Agree. That's why I took off my window wipers. Makes me more manly

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *