Does a 12 speed automatic that shifts in 0.1 second

really matter, performance wise, if you’re shifting 5x as often as a 5 speed manual?
Additionally, an automatic has to wait on human input to react, whereas a manual doesn’t. In a manual it goes:
>Think > Do (500ms)
In an automatic is goes
>Think > Do (500ms) > Wait for software to react (100+ ms)
And sometimes the automatic reacts incorrectly, wasting at least 200ms on top of your meat-brain reaction speed.

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

Black Rifle Cuck Company, Conservative Humor Shirt $21.68

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

1. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Like the looks of the new M4's. I'd want a manual for clutch kicks.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I love everything about it except the two buck teeth, but they might be able to grow on me.

2. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>100k
    >fake vents
    fricking lel

3. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

question? threads?
    ai training?
    training data?

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

pill me

4. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Additionally, an automatic has to wait on human input to react,
    are you fricking moronic? Have you ever driven an automatic? Or at least the one the M3/M4s come with, the ZF8?

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>the ZF8
      Just a torque converted auto

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I'm gonna convert the torque of my fist into your jaw you fricking moron.

Every automatic shifts AUTOMATICALLY, you don't need to input jack shit, and even in manual mode the ZF8 automatically upshifts at the rev limit.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>manual mode
          >torque converted auto
          You have no tools

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I literally owned a ZF8 and currently own a ZF 6HP26 TC automatic alongside a GM 5L40e 5 speed TC auto

They both have manual modes.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>They both have manual modes
            So you put it in manual and a clutch lever pops out from under the dash huh, god damn you're a ricer kek. So stupid

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Yeah? You never saw the hit 1998 film Taxi? I can do that shit too.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>MUH HISTORIC HOLYWOOD PEDOPHILE VIDEOS BRO
            I'm not interested. Frick automatics. DCT == automatic too.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>HOLYWOOD
            Couldn't even Google that it was a local French film kek
            ngmi

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

My DCT is faster and smoother than you will ever be and requires less maintenace

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Dumb poorgay you want I'll come over there and shove you around and around a bit

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

And faster than a manual in every way, won't deny shifts up or down unless you try to money shift, torque converter doubles torque on launch. You are trying to make "torque converted auto" a bad word when they are better in every way. Manual is synonymous with slow now

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Yes, I’ve actually driven a zf8 bmw. It was dogshit. BMW just makes their manual transmission dogshit as well to mask the shittiness of their automatics.
      The thing you no-cars homosexuals don’t understand is that automatics are all dogshit on downshifts, which are important when you do more than stoplight race.
      Why didn’t BMW improve its DCTs and expand them to all cars? Oh right, because they wanted to cut costs and give you even cheaper dogshit; for the same price.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Okay? I'm not arguing how good their transmissions are, I enjoy their manuals over their autos. It's just that OP has no idea how an auto works.

I've driven the E92 M3 with the DCT for a while and it was very nice. Still prefer the manual

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Hi, OP here. Sorry I didn’t make my point clear enough for the midwits.
          An automatic transmission can only make predictions based on car sensors and human input. A human already knows what their input is going to be, so they don’t need to guess which gear they should shift into.
          An automatic runs into situations like this:
          >accelerating, thinks you’ll keep accelerating so it shifts up then has to shift down twice (or more), because you were actually planning on braking and it’s just now realized that fact
          No one serious about performance uses automatics. They use sequential gearboxes, dogboxes, or maybe a DCT. Those are all (except for a DCT, sort of) dogshit on the street though, hence manuals.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Why do I care on a BMW M series that will only ever be used on the road?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

ah okay then I agree

Sorry for being an butthole. In a bad mood.
            Anyway, how did feel the DCT performed vs the 6 speed on mountain roads & tracks? From what info I’ve seen, despite the much faster shifts and manual control, a DCT M3 is basically neck and neck with a 6 speed M3 in most scenarios. Sometimes it’s slower, sometimes it’s slightly faster, but the faster shift times don’t seem to actually make much of a laptime difference (it also has a decent weight disadvantage).
            I always thought BMW would’ve flouted its advantages over a 6 speed with Nurburger times if they could’ve, but there’s very little out there in the way of direct comparisons that makes a compelling case for the DCT beyond being an automatic that doesn’t entirely suck.

I can't say, I haven't driven the E92 M3 with a manual, only the DCT. I've had the same manual trans as in t he E92 M3 in another car and BMW manuals all feel roughly the same anyway so yeah.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

DCT is the best of all. It’s proven too with the Audi RS3 TCR which had SEQ and DCT trans.
            The SEQ was favored over the DCT only and solely because it was cheaper to rebuild after 40k race miles in iMSA Michelin Pilot Sport. It also weighed less and to balance thr DCT you had to cut some of the rear interior metal out of the car.
            The fact is under serious competition the DCT performed better and not only that but the DCT with Audis TCU performed smoother and faster shifts than a person with paddles bc the engine and trans can be perfectly synced for uninterrupted torque transfer.

The SEQ box uses straight cut gears so it’s loud and they wear out faster. Not an issue for a race car since they’re loud and need rebuilding anyway. It’s less expensive to live with and so preferred.

But cost not being an issue and with BoP weight easier to account for the DCT is faster, Smarter, more durable, and quieter. All this proven on the track under real competition vs both the same car with the opposite trans and vs non Audis with SEQ boxes. Manuals havnt been used in 15 years.

Every super car uses a DCT for a reason. The manual is an American fashion statement and the ZF8 is cheap and relatable and almost as good.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Holy shit this post reeks of AI. Why are there contradictions everywhere?
            >SEQ is is favored over DCT only and solely because it's cheaper to rebuild
            >SEQ weighs less but thats not a reason
            >DCT is harder to fit but thats not a reason
            Thats just the first paragraph.
            Frick off with this shit

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Tell me you've never driven an M car with a ZF8 without telling me you've never driven.... You're about worthless you fricking nocar gayoot.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Sorry for being an butthole. In a bad mood.
          Anyway, how did feel the DCT performed vs the 6 speed on mountain roads & tracks? From what info I’ve seen, despite the much faster shifts and manual control, a DCT M3 is basically neck and neck with a 6 speed M3 in most scenarios. Sometimes it’s slower, sometimes it’s slightly faster, but the faster shift times don’t seem to actually make much of a laptime difference (it also has a decent weight disadvantage).
          I always thought BMW would’ve flouted its advantages over a 6 speed with Nurburger times if they could’ve, but there’s very little out there in the way of direct comparisons that makes a compelling case for the DCT beyond being an automatic that doesn’t entirely suck.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

based knower. For me it's the delay

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Not him but for me it's how when you downshift on their TCs it basically lets out the clutch slowly and you get a frickton of engine braking.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I like the ZF8 tbh. Fast smooth reliable. DCTs are better but it’s ubiquitous because it’s reliable and can handle modern power.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>1/2 series
        NARB
        A
        R
        B

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Half "based," to use the parlance of our times. The 1er is a real BMW even if it is kinda ugly with strange proportions. The 2 series I'm assuming has eps, which makes it GAY as FRICK and probably not a real BMW. I believe it's what they'd call a "nu-BMW." Which are mostly gay as frick. Mostly. Yet they're still better than alnost every other manufacturer's offerings savw Porsche, and even those are huge amd gay now too. At least they're fast though

5. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>12 speed
    Black person do I look like I need that many gears in a car? Keep that in those fricking awesome Scanias or cabovers Euros use.

6. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

What moron logic did you use to reason that a *MANUAL* transmission doesn't need to wait on human input to react? The entire thing is based exclusively around waiting on human input and reacting thusly, fricking moron.

7. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I've driven the G80 M3 in both manual and auto. The clutch on the manual is the worst I've ever felt on any car, and I've driven cars notorious for having difficult clutches (Porsche 914, Carrera GT, F40). It's super light, super springy, has absolutely no feedback at all where the bite point is, feels like a poorly integrated clutch by wire somehow. The shifting action is good, couldn't even really judge the gear ratios because the car is so fast, if you aren't driving on the freeway in the middle of nowhere at night or on the track it's hard to tell. The problem with manuals on cars this quick and with this much ESP/power intervention is it doesn't even really matter what gear you are in, takes the enjoyment out of driving a manual for me, on roads I actually care about (mountain/canyon runs). If I lived in some midwest shithole where every road is straight I'd go for the manual, but since I don't, the auto is better, so I can actually have time to shift through a gear or two between corners. The car just isn't that good anyway though, both the Alfa QV and Model 3 performance are miles ahead of it on each end of the spectrum.

8. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>In an automatic is goes
    > Let transmission do it's thing > Wait for software to react (100+ ms)
    FTFY, homosexual

9. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

all this bickering to get gapped by a $35k tesla lel

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *