Does anyone here have weathertech floor mats? Are they worth the price?

Does anyone here have weathertech floor mats? Are they worth the price?

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Yes. Yes.

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>paying for a fancy ass floor mat
    Just buy some saran wrap and wrap your stock floor mats in it

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Are you homeless and are living in your car? Do you wear a tinfoil hat too?

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I have Smartliner floor liners in my 2012 Sienna and 3D MAXpider Kagu floor liners in my 2014 Rio though I've heard lots of good things about WeatherTech liners. They're worth the price imho

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I have them and yes they're great.

5. 3 weeks ago
    p

Shit
    They actually impossible to clean. So impssible that the only solution is to dye them.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>They actually impossible to clean.
      Magic erasers exist, goober. My detailer uses it to clean clay mud stains off of plastic trim on trucks.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

buy this shit in bulk from aliexpress. years ago i bought a box for a tenth of the price that a single block sells for at the local shops

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Weathertech is good stuff OP

Dont you just hose yours off? Thats what I do.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

what?
      i've dropped soda on them and gotten them very muddy and they cleaned off fine

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I agree. I tried power washing and it disintegrated. I do like it though. They clean easy in terms of getting dirt out. But they also turn brown and look midddy no matter what I do

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

wtf you aren't supposed to use high power i hope you don't use that shit on your car

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Well I used Low power but the hose didn’t work so I figured I’d try it.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>They actually impossible to clean
      Bro what the frick are you talking about? You just take them out and wash them while you're washing the car. Literally just some car wash soap and a sponge/brush.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I suspect salt in winter fricks up the color tbh.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Nah, the ones in my plow truck get absolutely coated with salt, doesn't do anything to them

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

They're awesome. My set was like $200-ish but you get what you pay for. They'll be cut specifically to fit your vehicle, they're very durable and very easy to clean.

You have no idea what the frick we are talking about

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

hose them off and clean with The Chemical Guys Floor Mat Cleaner. they will be clean and shiny like new.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

just use meguiars 40 and they're brand new again.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

You're thinking of some other brand or got knockoffs because you can just hose them down easily.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Yes/Yes

>They actually impossible to clean. So impssible that the only solution is to dye them.
      I have them in light tan color and the teen I pay $35 to clean my car always returns them spotless.

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Not sure if they are worth the price. A lot of cars don't have attach points so the mats can move around and warp. Most of the backseat ones have been trash but others have been good. Overall a mixed bag. I wanted to try tux mat but haven't yet. Still much better than just having carpet or rubber so if you care about the car it's worth it.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

you want the liners not the mats. for most models the floor liners dont need anchors because they contour to the sides

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>the mats can move around
      Nah, mine doesn't have anchor points, but the way the mats are molded to the floor pans they stick in place no problem.

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I have them in my daily and I love them. One time I spilled an entire large ice tea from wendys because it was in the door and I took a corner too fast and the mat held it all until I could stop and dump it out

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Got ‘em in both my trucks. They kick ass

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Always get nice fitted mats

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Very much so worth it. I had a *gasp* v6 Challenger and they fit perfectly. Easy to clean too.

11. 3 weeks ago
    TooZ

Yes and Yes.
    Got the CorVeeVee trunkliner too.
    Saved my ass when i was doing 130 Freedom Units Per Hour, running from the pigs. Took a hard turn and the Perm solution spilled. WeatherTech saved me.
    10/10 would bang.

• 3 weeks ago
      greased geese

You try too hard.

• 3 weeks ago
        TooZ

It's a Barbie World,
        I am a Barbie Girl,
        and Milhouse will never be a meme.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Milhouse will never be a meme is a meme

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Is Tux mat better than weathertech? Tuxs are cheaper and cover more.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I have tuxmats for my gr86 and I like them so far, but they are pretty new so haven’t had much abuse yet

13. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I have them in my 2013 F150 reg cab. They pop on to the factory locations on the driver side. Nothing on the passenger side though. They fit pretty good, easy to take out and put in. I do recommend.

14. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Yes. I also like the seat covers so my dog doesn't get dirt and hair over the seats.

15. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

shouldn't your car come with these? my used car did.

16. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I would if they made them for my car, ended up buying a set of nos factory all weather rubber mats instead.

17. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

They’re pretty good. I’ve got the floor mats in my 4Runner and have a trunk liner for my Hellcat. I also had one of their trunk liners in my old W204 C class

18. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Yes. No.
    The sidewalls curled in.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Same. But it's inconsistent. Seems to have happened only on a couple of them (van doors).

19. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Anyone got some? Do they clean well? I like the look

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I have a set of green checkered ones to match the outside of my Merc wagon. I also have a black with white spots in my coupe.

I love them. Very hard to see dirt on and they're super super thick. They're fairly coarse though so they're not the easiest to vacuum. need a lot of suction. but they can look good easily and hide dirt well.

20. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

yes, yes

great american company.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>great american company.
      Any company that pushes their Americanness as hard as WeatherTech does usually has a catch. Like the mats are made in China but Jose who just entered the country illegally two weeks ago put it in the box for you thus making it 100% AUTHENTIC MURICA.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

china has so much industrial pollution that the real rates of illness and cancer must be extreme, fair tradeoff for me working a retail job

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

there's actually a lot of stuff that is "made in america", they just use prison labor to make stuff cheaply.

21. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

i dunno why but dirt on it doesnt rinse even when i dump the leftover soap and mittens after im done a carwash

22. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Yes. They're usually better than the ones the manufacturers offer.

23. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Any thoughts on Weathertech for cars with floor mounted pedals?
    I would think water/dirt/salt would drip down the pedal and through the carpet to the floor pan and rust it out.
    Trying to find a solution. Im thinking maybe a cotton sheet between the pedal and the liner.
    I read online people who tried rubberized tape over the gap but say it doesnt last very long

24. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

How many of this exact floor mat do you see on "just rolled in" vids
    >customer states: can't accelerate
    or
    >customer states: engine is always revving by itself

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

doubt it we got weathertecs in all four work trucks and they are great products. they fit so well you have to put a little work into even getting them out in the first place. 5+ years and no issues.

25. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Husky liners are cheaper and almost as good. If you don't need the upward curved sides, lloyd mats is good for custom fit.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

was going for husky but for more obscure year/models, out of luck

26. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Living in a place with six months of actual winter I really wish they made them for my model, as it would mean no wet carpet

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Im buying one of those cheap aliexpress custom pleather floor liners for my car then putting a rubber mat with high water capacity overtop.
      The idea is the pleather liner has great coverage but shitty wear resistance and minimal water holding capacity. The rubber mat will do the heavy duty work and the pleather will catch anything the rubber mat misses.
      It's the closest i can thinkof to a dedicated rubber liner thatll actually look ok

27. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

weathertech is frickjing TRASH
    illfitting mats
    every single time I see these matts in anyone cars, they never fit right, 2" gaps, dirt gets in those gaps
    i have no idea how these frickers are still in business
    buy oem rubber mats, they are a perfect fit, and can actually be ran through a matt wash unlike the weathershit ones.
    .t live near bolingbrook

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

ever had the problem you speak of. probably a skill mode

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

esl mode?

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

While oems are better I have never really had an issue with weather tech mats not fitting correctly.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Does anyone here have weathertech floor mats?
      I do in 2 of my 3 cars. My daily and my work truck

>Are they worth the price?
      Yes. I had a drunk friend throw up in the passenger seat the WT caught all the vomit.

My only complain was like this:
      but guess what? A fricking heat gun and something to press against the liner while it cools fixed it.

Most morons b***hing in here are cry baby manginas who can't be fricked to try and fix their own shit. Hit it with your purse next time, moron.

I only don't have them in my sunday driver car because I have more slim, better looking mats in it.

28. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Get Tuxmat.
    They're like Weathertech but premium. So easy to clean and full coverage

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I second this, Tuxmat fit extremely well and don't have the massive moronic looking weathertech logo all over them

29. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Yes, Frick yes.

30. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Tux Mat is GOAT. Phantom Mat is Tux Mat but sold discretely under Costco exclusively.

31. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

My dealership sells their make and it's the same price as weathertech
    Unless there's a quality difference going with the dealer would be better since those have cool branding on it

32. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Yeah. Yeah
    Only place that doesn't fit factory is right here. I could hit it with heatgun but its not that big of a deal.
    Their rain deflectors for the windows are good too.

33. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Does anyone here have weathertech floor mats? Are they worth the price?

Unless you get in and out of your vehicle repeatedly in the deep muddy snow slush, the high sides of the weathertech are not worth the extra cost. Normal floor mats with raised sides are sufficient. Weathertech is also overpriced for what they are.

Baseline comparison $20 mats at Sams Club are what I use:
    https://www.samsclub.com/p/members-mark-floorma-all-weather/prod20184609

Another problem with weathertech is that they are nearly flat. So any melted liquid sloshes around in them unlike with floor mats such as the Sam's Club variant above with tall ridges everywhere inside the raised edges of the mat. There is no sloshing with that mat.

34. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Yes, frick yes. I have them in all my vehicles.

35. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

My Corolla came factory with them. They're a godsend

36. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I got mine already put in my car probably by the previous owner

37. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I got them for free with my last car and they were really great. That being said no I would never pay that much for fricking floor mats.

38. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I like them in my mustang. Saved my ass one time when I was taking oil back to vatozone and it spilled a bit in the trunk. Plus I don't really have to care about muddy shoes or whatever.
    I put rough country floor mats in my truck, and they're practically the same thing. They were cheaper than weathertech equivalent mats. So I guess whether they're worth it or not depends on what is available for your vehicle.

39. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Absolutely worth the price

40. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I prefer Husky Liners over weathertech because they seem to have better model coverage at a better price. I had a set for two years before I sold the vehicle and they always cleaned up like new and didn't show wear

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *