Does gas station brand matter or should I just always go to wherever its cheapest

Does gas station brand matter or should I just always go to wherever its cheapest

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I find "cheapest" is usually more area dependent than brand dependent

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

there's a walmart gas station in my town and i swear they put a filler in their fuel
    its cheapest in town but i run out way faster when filling there

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Might have way more ethanol than it's supposed to.

3. 3 weeks ago
    yeah

yeah

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>He actually believes this
      Gas of the same octane will be generally the same at every gas station. They all come from the same distributors and the stations add an additive mix that's measured in ppm. There is a legal requirement for additives, they all have it. Plenty of stations add more than the Top Tier levels and just don't pay for certification.
      There's also the fact that it doesn't matter, the differences are imperceptibly small, and gas isn't going to magically clean your valves. Those "test results" are bullshit.

• 3 weeks ago
        yeah

there's a MINIMUM legal requirement and then there's an amount that actually keeps your engine clean.

chop shop cheap trash 15+% corn fuel mixed 15 cent off cut rate gasoline is GARBAGE

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>there's a MINIMUM legal requirement and then there's an amount that actually keeps your engine clean.
          Again...
          1 - I'm not convinced that it makes any difference to have slightly more detergent blend.
          2 - Many stations have Top Tier amounts, but don't want to pay the large yearly fee to be certified Top Tier.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

that picture is from the AAA's random-blind test of top tier and not top tier gas.
            The valve on the right, is your "legally required minimum detergent"

Top tier fuel is better than non. Which of the top tier brands is best and why is debatable ad nauseam. Real ones get Shell anyway.

apparently BP just doesnt want to pay for the branding anymore.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I can't find any information on how their test was performed. And I gave it a good 5 minutes of looking. I don't believe those "results" at all, and won't unless I can find a breakdown of how the test was performed.
            AAA is obviously in on the grift, their page about Top Tier fuels reads like one of those bot-generated "articles" that's actually an advertisement.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

m8 it's a public PDF straight from the AAA website

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I just read it, their methodology appears sound, but my bullshit detector is still going off.
            How could valves get that much deposit after only 100 hours of running? And if that's normal, then one can assume valve deposits aren't going to kill your engine. And it implies the Top Tier fuels will eventually build up just as much as the regular, because 100 hours isn't much.
            Most people just use whatever fuel is around and engines last for a long time now and sticky valves aren't what's causing failures.
            Maybe there's something to it, but maybe it's just a grift.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>midwit, the post

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Top tier fuel is better than non. Which of the top tier brands is best and why is debatable ad nauseam. Real ones get Shell anyway.

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

i go to the russian brand station

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

theres only one place that does 98 around here so thats where i go

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Go to the one most convenient to your route. Driving out of your way to a cheaper one is moronic

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I go to the one that gives me good boy points that I can redeem

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

They all come from the same place and are all regulated. Brands add additives and shit but you don't need it.
    Get the cheapest.

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Best thing to do is pick a gas station and go there religiously, regardless of price
    If something goes wrong with the fuel, you'll know exactly who to sue.

The amount of trucks we have come in because they either put the wrong fuel in themselves or the wrong fuel was put into the tank into the ground is astonishing.
    If you're running around like a npc priceBlack person, you deserve it, but I suggest you don't go that route.

And don't even think about putting that Wawa shit in your car either, you have NO idea where that gas comes from.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I'm guessing you used to fill up at Wawa before they fricked you over.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>you have NO idea where that gas comes from
      It usually depends on location but most metro areas have a specific source for gas and diesel. For example, if you live in south Florida, your gas is gonna come in from Port Everglades, regardless of if you fill up at Shell or Wawa.

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Good rule of thumb is just to stick to the top-tier fuel places and avoid the no-name places.
    Costco is also really good too apparently

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I have a rocket sled with my tuned Civic if I get Shell V-Power. So I always get it and love it.

I don't notice any difference with my NA cars, at all. So no it doesn't matter, just get top-tier for peace of mind.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *