Does Subaru own the budget crossover market?

Everything else is so expensive. It seems to me like Subaru is the only manufacturer left that actually makes an affordable, reliable, capable, large SUV.

The Forester and Outback (pick the shape you want) blows everything else out of the water. The RAV4 is slightly smaller and I'm sure more reliable, but it costs more, has poor visibility, and the AWD is that bullshit FWD biased system.

I really don't think anything else on the market touches this. Not new anyways.

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

CRV has a much nicer interior and like 30% more cargo room, plus doesn't drive like an 80s Buick.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I'm looking at a pre-owned CRV Hybrid (2023/4) and I agree, I looked at the subarus and just can't stand the interior.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Subarus are notorious for being narrow like a sardine, especially the Forester

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Narrow cars handle better, I want to be able to do the California cut (we filter on the right to make a right turn on red)

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I'm looking at a pre-owned CRV Hybrid (2023/4) and I agree, I looked at the subarus and just can't stand the interior.

Interesting. I just looked at the prices and the CR-V is a lot closer in price to the Forester than I thought. That said, it's still more expensive and I haven't heard great things about Honda's AWD system. But I'd be lying if I said this didn't seem like a compelling option. Thanks for putting it on my radar.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

I'm personally not a fan of the CVT CRV, but the hybrid CRV's "eCVT" isn't actually a CVT, so I'm okay with it.

And 35-40mpg for an SUV is decent.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

You're wrong about the cargo room. The CR-V has 39.3/76.5 cubic feet and the Forester has 28.8/74.2

That just means the Forester has more leg room in the rear seats, right?

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

No, Forester has 39.4" of legroom, CRV has 41".

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

We have a 21 or 22 Forrester (I don't remember I never drive it it's the most soulless car I've ever been in and somehow also annoying) and I'm shocked that it has about the same useable interior space as my Grand Vitara
          And it gets about the same gas mileage, maybe 10% better, particularly on the freeway
          The only thing is it has more room in the back seat
          But I'll take a smaller back seat for actual visibility and not needing cameras and shit

2. 1 month ago
    [PLEBSPOTTERS] BigC

>does Subaru own the most cancerous auto market
    probably?

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Subarus options have unfortunately become some of the worst on the market.

>all have CVTs
    >all are underpowered so they don't immediately blow out their CVTs or boxer engine head gaskets
    >full time AWD is less fuel efficient and really not necessary for most people's applications, though does seem to have a slight edge for light offroading

CVT in every model is a deal breaker. Simply put I will not buy something that has a set lifetime, and they're fricking annoying to drive. Toyotas that still have geared trans and Mazda CX series are the best options. The Hondas are nice too, but Toyota and Honda force you to waste money on safety feature bloat like lane assist and frontal collision assist. Quite frankly I want to be able to switch lanes without signaling and ram into rioters. Mazda is the best option for actual car people, you get optional turbo and AWD for every model.

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Subaru doesn't make a SUV... The closest they got to one is the Ascent which is a crossover. I also don't know who told you they're affordable because a semi loaded Outback is encroaching into half ton truck territory.

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

CX-5 dominates.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

CX-5 is just a Mazda3 that's lifted up and slightly fattened.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Which results in a lot more cargo space...

Mazda3 Hatch is 20/47 cubic feet.
        CX-5 is 29/59 cubic feet.

And passenger volume

Mazda3 Hatch passenger volume: 92.7 cubic feet
        CX-5 passenger volume: 103.6

etc

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

The forester and outback aren't crossovers
    The crosstrek is a crossover

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>The forester and outback aren't crossovers
      Yes they are lol. One is a lifted wagon one of a bloated and lifted wagon.

>The crosstrek is a crossover
      It's just a hatchback. Drink less marketing koolaid.

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I have one of these, they're pretty over rated.
    Not a bad car but I certainly wouldn't rave about them.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *