>dogshit optimization (a fricking 4080 struggles to maintain 60fps at 1080p on medium settings at times)

>dogshit optimization (a fricking 4080 struggles to maintain 60fps at 1080p on medium settings at times)
>shitty floaty handling
>mediocre graphics, everything is blurry even maxed out at 4k
>treats you like a complete moron, useless ''advice'' that pauses the game every 5 mins
>all of the annoying shit from forza horizon is also present
>shit music
>20 sec load times are the norm, game doesnt give a frick about your ssd
Yeah I'm thinking DOA, it just feels like a second rate forza horizon taking place in a city
what a damn shame, I had high hopes for this shit

Stratton Oakmont Wolf of Wall Street Shirt $21.68

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

Stratton Oakmont Wolf of Wall Street Shirt $21.68

1. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The best TDU was NFSMW 2012, and that says alot about the franchise

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>NFSMW 2012
      Still no game's handling has ever came close it. It's arcadeish but still challenging. Cars actually feel different. Not like in FH5, where everything is basically a go kart.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I still feel proud about the fact that I could casually beat Veyrons using the SL65
        But my favourite car by far was the 69 Charger from the DLC, EA live chat support guys gave me all the DLCs for free, I just asked nicely

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>It's arcadeish but still challenging
        >arcadeish
        where are you getting the 'ish' for pure arcade brake to drift garbage

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>NFSMW 2012
      Still no game's handling has ever came close it. It's arcadeish but still challenging. Cars actually feel different. Not like in FH5, where everything is basically a go kart.

>people now like MW2012
      when did that happen?

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

now like MW2012
        >when did that happen?
        I always did.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I always did, too
          Had a great soundtrack, I enjoyed stumbling across the cars. The last nfs title that I enjoyed. My favourite is still u2 and Carbon

The gimmick of Unlimited is the 1:1 recreations of the island in question. Driving real cars on real roads. What sucks is not even the Eden games ever made real use of that. If it were me, I would've framed the games as you being a reviewer for a car magazine, and beyond just racing you're also tasked with taking pictures of the car in specific scenic areas, discovering points of interest, and finding particular stretches of good roads. All only having vague hints and and tourist maps to go on. Say, the sports car mag wants you to take a pic in front of a yachting harbour, whilst the 4x4 mag wants you to take a pic in front of a specifc remote waterfall in the jungle. Really take advantage of the setting, like a form of virtual tourism

I like that. Meanwhile, Nfsu2 had that mechanic!

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

The Crew 2 also had that though it was more of an achievement mill than a gameplay mechanic

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

it's burnout essence concentrated into a smooth and streamlined package. nobody nags you to do extreme shit, explode stuff and murder civilians, you just go at your own pace. also best cops in either series.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

A while after the fanboys stopped complaining about its name

2. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

wrong board homosexual grow up and get a real car or frick off saged

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I can't afford to buy a ferrari and crash it into someone's house

3. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It's a DEMO you dummy. It's not finished.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous
      • 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Why are you so surprised when a game that only had a demo released has problems?

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Why are you so surprised when a game that only had a demo released has problems?

Dumb homie, the game releases in 3 months, it's pretty much finished, you think any of that will get fixed?

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

pain. I hate the fricking festival shit. I will never touch that shit with a fricking stick
      >tfw we will never have PS2 era games again,
      >tfw we will never blast through Tokyo in wienerpit view while racing suicidal street racer Ray Bulgarian
      >tfw I can never play underground 2 for the first time again
      The racing genre is effectively dead after this shit arrives. Maybe we'll see something new

it's coming out in 3 months moron

4. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

it's just a garbage asset flip by a worthless fr*nch shovelware house squatting on the ip

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>First FlatOut 4
      >Then TDU
      How many more 2000s racing franchises do you think Kylotonn will butcher?

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

You forgot they also killed V-Rally. I loved V-Rally 3 career mode, and 2 on PS1 was also a fricking banger.
        Then 4 came out from them... French love to destroy what the french made.

5. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Physics are okay in a vaccuum, but they are SHIT for the setting. If it was a Horizonslop map where even b-roads are 6-cars wide and straight enough to go 200+, they'd do just fine, but this has a fairly realistic recreation of Hong Kong as its map, and even with concessions of covid traffic and still considerably wider lanes than the actual city, the average speed is still too slow for them to function.
    And with how the game goes all in on "bro you got to get all the rep in this totally legal competition" they won't do anything with the effectively illegal nature of HK's car culture, where you have to watch your back all the time, blend in where possible and make do with what you can get, with tuning shops to help you on the way. I'm still waiting for a racing game to actually go all in on the difficulty of collecting cars, and I'll probably wait forever with how every new game lets you walk into a dealership and spec your brand new Ferrari F40 (or even something like C7 Corvette that's recently out of production, at least in a game with C8 available).

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

TDU was never really about car culture anyway, it was about RPing ad a richgay with exotic cars in an exotic locale. Oahu isn't really known for car culture and Ibiza definitely isn't, it was just about the party vibe of the locations. Cruising along the coastline taking in the sights of a reasonably accurate (for the time) tropical resort island. Hong Kong just doesn't work.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Like, if I look at all the possible island locations the only realistic ones are Oahu, Ibiza, Gran Canaria, and Martinique. Everything else is too big/too small, too sparsely populated, or has no good roads.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Why don’t they just do a fake location that gives them creative freedom? I find it really strange that we’re stuck between boring empty Forza horizon maps and lazy small copy pasted nfs maps. Why not instead of the whole country just do one entire state or something. God this subgenre has really stagnated for a while now

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

The gimmick of Unlimited is the 1:1 recreations of the island in question. Driving real cars on real roads. What sucks is not even the Eden games ever made real use of that. If it were me, I would've framed the games as you being a reviewer for a car magazine, and beyond just racing you're also tasked with taking pictures of the car in specific scenic areas, discovering points of interest, and finding particular stretches of good roads. All only having vague hints and and tourist maps to go on. Say, the sports car mag wants you to take a pic in front of a yachting harbour, whilst the 4x4 mag wants you to take a pic in front of a specifc remote waterfall in the jungle. Really take advantage of the setting, like a form of virtual tourism

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

but that'd wrong moron
            it's not a 1:1 map
            and TDUSC has such garbage fricking driving physics it actually feels like the free UE racing game project with TDU2's assets carelessly slapped over it
            also the races are broken in the demo because they're always online and the matchmacking system isn't working right. so anybody saying they've "played" TDUSC is fricking lying, they sat around waiting for the game to not disconnect because there's nobody to actually play with, just to be put in a race against the most painfully easy ai ever.

absoplute trashpile. to say it even compares to the other TDU games is an insult to yourself. not even a stroke victim would confuse the two.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

TDU1 and 2 had 1:1 scale radar scanned maps. They weren't exact, but they were about as good as you could get in 2006 and 2011 respectively.

And Solar Crown's sucky physics are still an improvement over 2. You're forgetting just how fricking awful 2 was; it killed Eden games and arguably the whole of Atari, it was so bad.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

that's completely wrong and you're moronic
            they were 1/5 scale and the road networks were mostly made up

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Holy shit you're an actual zoomer who never played the games. https://web.archive.org/web/20070929133201/http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/driving/testdriveunlimited/news.html?sid=6155610

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

i own both games and they make solar crown look like a bad joke
            the maps are not 1:1
            you are a fricking FRENCHMAN
            and a VIRAL MARKETER
            and you SHALL NOT LIE

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

They factually are 1:1, and they boldly ran adverts on how they had recreated the islands to-scale. You're free to provide evidence of them lying.

>I was referring to the company that Infogrammes(?) Created in the 90s.
            infogrames didn't create atari you dumb fricking homosexual they BOUGHT the rights to the brand name of one of the most legendary game companies of all time and SHAT OUT SHOVELWARE FOR SEVERAL YEARS
            they didn't kill it they put it out of its misery
            enough with your pathetic zoomber revisionist history

>TDU1 had basically saved it from collapsing, and revitalised the Test Drive name

oh yes "revitalized" an undead thrall of a racing game franchise
            oops you healed him for negative hp now he's dead good job

>illiterate
            Dunno what I expected. I said "the Atari created in the 90s", what do you think that phrase means?

>revitalised an undead thrall
            Yes that is what 'revitalised' means. More confirmation of your illiteracy. When the nuAtari started making Test Drive games, it was the TD Off Road series and that weird reboot from 2002. Both of which bombed. TDU1 was the first genuinely successful Test Drive game since the 90s, and it made Eden-Atari into a somewhat respectable game studio, until 2 launched.
            I was actually there and played the fricking games, you clearly didn't.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

you're really stupid and will clearly believe whatever the back of a video game box tells you.
            enjoy silver crown since they're clearly paying you to lie and hype it up

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>the Atari created in the 90s", what do you think that phrase means?

nothing because you're making it up like all the 1:1 map claims
            Atari was acquired by Infogrames in 2001.

Atari (the original company) went out of business in 1996 after the failure of the Lynx and Jaguar and its assets were divested off to Namco who then sold to Bally who then renamed it in 1999 to Midway Games West before that too went out of business and the trademark and IPs were picked up by Infogrames.
            you're defending the video game industry version of a skinwalker. a FRENCH skinwalker.

>confirmed moron
            The real Oahu is 597sq mi. It's 1:1. You lose
            https://www.hawaiiactivities.com/travelguide/how-big-is-oahu/

>you're defending
            Imma stop you right there, chief. All the TDUs are kinda shitty. 1 was novel for the accurate to scale map and the ability to buy a car out of a dealership like in reality. 2 had better graphics in exchange for worse physics and absolutely borked code at launch. Solar Crown is a mild upgrade. TDU1 was a 6/10, 2 was a 4/10, and SC is a 5/10. None of them are great, Solar Crown is a marginal improvement over 2. I never claimed anything else. Your attempts at strawmanning me are thus dead and buried

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

It's not 1:1. they made very sure NOT to advertise that too heavily which is why you'll never find a single piece of game marteing literature claiming that., the only people i've ever heard say it's 1:1 are morons that never actually played it and are fooled by the fact the map is indeed very very big, but if you actually try to drive around the island it takes maybe half an hour.

I own both games and have hundreds of hours of playtime in each
            actually play the games you're arguing about instead of trying to get google to fight me.
            the game can tell you literally whatever it wants that doesn't mean it's accurate. a mile in the game is not a real mile irl. the roads in the game are made up and many exist where there is no road irl because otherwise the map would be empty.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>All the TDUs are kinda shitty.
            so it 's okay that the new game is insultingly bad to the point it seems like a scam because the old games had some minor flaws?
            how much does nacon pay?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

It's better than 2, which is all it needed to be.
            >minor flaws
            2 literally killed the franchise and the studio that made it, lol
            >shill shill shill shill
            I accept your concession.

It's not 1:1. they made very sure NOT to advertise that too heavily which is why you'll never find a single piece of game marteing literature claiming that., the only people i've ever heard say it's 1:1 are morons that never actually played it and are fooled by the fact the map is indeed very very big, but if you actually try to drive around the island it takes maybe half an hour.

I own both games and have hundreds of hours of playtime in each
            actually play the games you're arguing about instead of trying to get google to fight me.
            the game can tell you literally whatever it wants that doesn't mean it's accurate. a mile in the game is not a real mile irl. the roads in the game are made up and many exist where there is no road irl because otherwise the map would be empty.

It is. Your own comment proved it. TDU1 map is 600sq mi, the real island is 600sq mi. Its based directly on satellite radar data. The majority of the roads follow the real roads almost exactly.
            >it takes maybe half an hour to cross the map
            Oahu is 45x30 miles. Cruising at legal highway speeds can get you across the island in maybe an hour if you could hypothetically avoid all traffic and intersection lights. You seem to seriously overestimate how big Oahu is in real life. Ibiza is even smaller, like a third the size of Oahu.
            >you don't own the games
            yeah...

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>solar clown better than 2
            AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA WOOOAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHA OH OH MAN THATS A GOOD ONE KYLOTONN
            maybe if you keep saying that eventually it will be true

>2 killed a studio
            >French shovelware house shoots the devs twice in the back of the head and claim it was a suicide
            Yes it was totally the games fault that French Atari shut the servers down in a year and released patches for the PC version of tdu1 that either made it unplayable or impossible to connect online.

You are a dumbass the image I posted is of the actual real world landmasses not the in-game map

?si=TKWNztIDjqM3HDsN

look
            the map is only 50 miles across according to in-game gps and the cars odometer confirms this. the real island is bigger. The 1:1 claim is a lie parroted by people who never played the game. Don't forget this shit was on the PSP too.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>in-game GPS said the island is only 50 miles across
            As is the real Oahu. GG no Re

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

except the ingame mile is not a real mile so the ingame map is smaller

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

[Citation needed]

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Game, set, match. Now leave the thread in shame you stupid b***h

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>not taking off from the furthest point on the map like the youtube video because it would make me look right by having a grerater than 50 mile driving distance

lmao nice try frenchoid i'm not buying your homosexual fake chink car game no matter ho much you try to talk up the old shit you didn't make

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>has moved the goalposts from "it's 1/5 the size" to "it's maybe kindasorta a few miles smaller if you squint and turn your head sideways"
            Still waiting on your SOURCE that they lied about the size of the map.

You just enjoy being humiliated, don't you. Remember, this isn't as the crow flies. If you go straight from point to point, it's about 44 miles. How will you shift the goalposts next I wonder?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

im still waiting on your source that they didn't and any marketing material that claimed such

>random 8 miles out of nowhere

ah yes those 1:1 roads so accurate

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You made my argument for me by consneeding the in-game map is about 50 miles across.

>random 8 miles
            Because, if you pay attention, you have to drive halfway around the coastline to get from tip to tip because the roads on Oahu don't cut straight across the mountain ranges of the island.

Where's your proof they lied? Where's your proof the map is only 1/5th scale? I'm waiting.

i'm just troling a clear Nacon-paid viral marketer up past his bedtime defending Solar Clown by forcing him to admit HOW MUCH FRICKING BETTER THE OLD GAMES WERE

game set and match you dumb french Black person

2 was so bad it killed the studio that made it. Solar Crown is marginally better, but still not very good.
            >More ad hom, still no actual source on his claims
            Concession accepted.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Because, if you pay attention, you have to drive halfway around the coastline to get from tip to tip because the roads on Oahu don't cut straight across the mountain ranges of the island.

if you pay attention the youtube video does the exact same thing and yet where did those 8 miles go? i thought it was 1:1?

>Where's your proof they lied? Where's your proof the map is only 1/5th scale? I'm waiting.

play it
            drive it
            it's too small
            you don't have to be a super genius to figure this out anon
            the crew motorfest's oahu is 1:5, and it takes the same amount of time to go across and around. TDU's distances are straight lies. you can make a video game claim a mile is anything you want and unless you can personally get into the game world with a measuring tape and prove it, you are being fooled.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>where'd the 8 miles go
            Because he started near Hanauma bay, which is about 6-8 miles away from Makapu Head where I set the original starting point. You have lost.

>it's lies because it feels small
            That's your argument? Top fricking KEK, are you a woman? it factually, using empirical evidence, takes about 30 minutes to cross TDU1's map averaging around a hundred miles an hour, as seen IN YOUR OWN VIDEO. Which means at highway speeds (40-60) it would take around an hour and a half following road laws. And what do actual fricking GPS maps say? Around an hour and a half. From measurements, from GPS data, from timing, from literal fricking everything ALL the evidence points to it being 1:1. Get fricked, you gigamoron Black person. And for the record, it takes less than 20 minutes to cross Motorfest's map at 65mph. half the time of TDU1 despite going much slower.

%3D

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

cool i'm glad i made you do your research
            you probably should have done it before the solar clown demo came out so your new game wouldn't be such a steaming hot pile of garbage that you have to argue with anonymous randos about much better the old games were but here we are

frick off back to your steam discussion page so i can continue to call you and your entire company a bunch of feckless morons to your faces

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I did your research for you to steelman your argument, because the actual points you made were so abjectly moronic that they were self-evidently discrediting.

imagine defending this complete horseshit over TDU2

You've never played TDU2. The cars had no suspension and traction was either on or off. The instant you lost grip you'd go spinning off the road. The physics engine also couldn't handle bumps or jumps at all, even a slight ripple in the road would cause the car to violently lose control and send you flying. Every single car also had an open diff so if you spun up one wheel coming out of a turn you'd instantly lose all drive. For as bad as SC is, 2 was worse. It's comparing a 3/10 game to a 5/10.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

you did research to stroke your own penis and i made knowingly false claims in order to force you to waste your time and get upset

yOu diNt pLaY iTTTTTTtrtttt11111
            i did and it was not at all like you claim, it certainly wasn't
            >The physics engine also couldn't handle bumps or jumps at all, even a slight ripple in the road would cause the car to violently lose control and send you flying.

skill issue
            it had off road trails and awd rally cars the first game didn't and much more realistic physics to go with them

>uh buh muh need for sneed stunts i cant do cuz da car done spint out
            go back to most wanted, kid

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

And there it is

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

a chat gpt bot could do a better job of selling SOLD-OUR-CROWN than you

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Now, I'll ask again. Provide evidence for this claim:

that's completely wrong and you're moronic
            they were 1/5 scale and the road networks were mostly made up

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>he's actually insulted by being called french

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

i'm just troling a clear Nacon-paid viral marketer up past his bedtime defending Solar Clown by forcing him to admit HOW MUCH FRICKING BETTER THE OLD GAMES WERE

game set and match you dumb french Black person

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>the Atari created in the 90s", what do you think that phrase means?

nothing because you're making it up like all the 1:1 map claims
            Atari was acquired by Infogrames in 2001.

Atari (the original company) went out of business in 1996 after the failure of the Lynx and Jaguar and its assets were divested off to Namco who then sold to Bally who then renamed it in 1999 to Midway Games West before that too went out of business and the trademark and IPs were picked up by Infogrames.
            you're defending the video game industry version of a skinwalker. a FRENCH skinwalker.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

> When the nuAtari started making Test Drive games, it was the TD Off Road series and that weird reboot from 2002. Both of which bombed.

moron
            those games were made by Acclaim which was the original owner of the Test Drive game series since the '80s and went bankrupt in 2004
            Some people literally just slapped the "Test Drive" name they pulled from a dumpster on an completely unrelated game by a completely different development studio and ran with it.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>You're forgetting just how fricking awful 2 was; it killed Eden games and arguably the whole of Atari, it was so bad.

you realize that was NOT Nolan Bushnell's Atari, right? it was just a brand name being squatted on by Infogrames.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I know. I was referring to the company that Infogrammes(?) Created in the 90s. TDU1 had basically saved it from collapsing, and revitalised the Test Drive name. Then TDU 2 came and bombed so hard that it took the company down with it.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>I was referring to the company that Infogrammes(?) Created in the 90s.
            infogrames didn't create atari you dumb fricking homosexual they BOUGHT the rights to the brand name of one of the most legendary game companies of all time and SHAT OUT SHOVELWARE FOR SEVERAL YEARS
            they didn't kill it they put it out of its misery
            enough with your pathetic zoomber revisionist history

>TDU1 had basically saved it from collapsing, and revitalised the Test Drive name

oh yes "revitalized" an undead thrall of a racing game franchise
            oops you healed him for negative hp now he's dead good job

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Yep. HK is a cool setting for a more underground and young vibe kind of game. Young richgay, but still young. TDU is more old money, classy kind of vibe, even if both games still start you with new kid on the block opening.
        I feel like this would've been the perfect setting for it. An island with no speed limits, beautiful roads and posh britishness permiating the air.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

That's another good locale, and would've made for a good reason to include bikes again.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Modern gamers can't handle roads that narrow.

6. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

at least they gave us a fricking demo so we can drop this dogshit before it releases without having to pirate ~120gb it first
    i long for the days of tdu1

7. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>2024
    >Burnout is still the best driving game
    Bros...

8. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Are people actually surprised? It's fricking Test Drive. We're talking a series that's done
    >an offroad spinoff where they got an otherwise completely unknown band to sign off on licensing for the soundtrack (gravity kills)
    >a second offroad spinoff where the budget was so shoestring they literally licensed FOUR songs to cover the entire game's soundtrack (2 more gravity kills songs, Shock by Fear Factory, and Black by Sevendust)
    >test drive 5
    It should be no surprise to anyone that something picking up that dead IP's name is also going to be budget trash.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Because the soft reboot with Unlimited 1 changed the direction of the series and made it half decent, and people are expecting a continuation of that. Granted, Solar Crown is a better game than Unlimited 2, but that isn't a high bar to step over.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

the people who made TDU 1 and 2 went to Ubisoft and made The Crew 1 and 2
        TDUSC is just a shameless name squat trying to ride the coattails of greatness

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>Solar Crown is a better game than Unlimited 2
        No it's fricking not. U2 in general is massively overhated.

9. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

holy shit they even sent their viral marketers here
    frick off kylotonn

10. 4 weeks ago
    civil engineering stud

>cuckeogooms
    who cares, go back to your fellow DAermin

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

imagine defending this complete horseshit over TDU2

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

by the way to other anons: shills are paid by the word

if you are arguing with somebody you can always identify a shill by claiming something stupid or easily disproved. they are the ones who will type out an entire paragraph detailing why you're wrong instead of just calling you a moron and leaving the thread. they are tasked with controlling (mis)information about the product they are marketing and this strategy is part of that.

to nacon (nee BIGBEN INTERACTIVE): pay your dogs more

13. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous
  14. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

TDU > TDU 2
    Fite me

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

i won't

15. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous